Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

Our previous home had Cedar siding that Woody Woodpecker loved. Patched hole and they moved to the woods in back of the house.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Don't mourn getting to know the joys of nature. Cities are different now and not in ways I find enjoyable. It's gotten to the point where I try to avoid more than a day trip to any major city.

You didn't see my 70-year-old  wife dancing with the musicians on the band stand at B.B. King's on Forty Second Street last fall!

Had that issue last year, this year I added a tube feeder and filled it with a fruit and nut mix, along with a suet feeder to my bird station. They took my piece offering and now we enjoy watching the Downy, Hairy and Red Bellied woodpeckers outside the dining room window. A bit surprised that the buggers eat the fruit and not more then the suet.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

After patching the hole I may try this. I'm more than happy to pay a mob style "protection" fee.

You didn't see my 70-year-old  wife dancing with the musicians on the band stand at B.B. King's on Forty Second Street last fall!

Touche. It'd be a rough adjustment personally, but I'd move to a city if it made the Mrs happy.

You know who else should move to the city? Woodpeckers. Specifically the ones living on my property.

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day

After patching the hole I may try this. I'm more than happy to pay a mob style "protection" fee.

Touche. It'd be a rough adjustment personally, but I'd move to a city if it made the Mrs happy.

You know who else should move to the city? Woodpeckers. Specifically the ones living on my property.

I'd agree on the woodpeckers if it were a house issue, not just a noise issue.

Only multi-millionaires can afford to live comfortably in Manhattan.

We just enjoy it for a few days more than just a day trip!

Walking through our local Walmart last week I saw the Christmas displays up. Really Walmart? You think I'm going to buy more stuff because of earlier displays? I'm aging myself - but originally it wasn't until Thanksgiving that they went up, then it migrated back to Halloween, now all the way back to just after Labor Day. Geeez - what's next Christmas displays right after Memorial Day?

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

They're up at Lowes as well.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

People relocate.

Families are scattered to the four winds and gather together less frequently.

Families are also smaller.

Coastal people, at least, tend to be more secular than they used to be.

For many, Christmas doesn't mean what it meant in a Norman Rockwell painting or a Currier and Ives lithograph..

It's about retail.  It's about business survival. Retail stores finally hit black ink on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

If you think that this sucks, you have a lot of company in that opinion.

But what can you do?

My wife and I were only children. 

We have no siblings with their families, no nieces and nephews, our parents are long gone, and we have no grandchildren.

Our Christmases are light years away from those we had as kids,

going to midnight Mass,

then partying with extended family and friends until it was almost light, regardless of age,

grabbing a little sleep and then having another huge Christmas dinner.

That's how we both grew up.

Now, we can barely remember it.

We have to look at old pictures.

That Christmas stuff is coming out early because it's all about retail now.

Walking through our local Walmart last week I saw the Christmas displays up. Really Walmart? You think I'm going to buy more stuff because of earlier displays? I'm aging myself - but originally it wasn't until Thanksgiving that they went up, then it migrated back to Halloween, now all the way back to just after Labor Day. Geeez - what's next Christmas displays right after Memorial Day?

I know many people that start buying Christmas stuff early.  I'm not one of them.  

I understand it's all about retail, but some people can't afford to buy everything in the last month before Christmas.  They have to plan their expenses, and Christmas can put them in a hole that takes months to dig out of. By starting early, it doesn't hurt as much.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

You could say the same thing about the golf equipment industry. Really, I'm gonna buy new irons launched in October? (end of the season for many) Yet we do.

I think consumption has become the new national pastime. With a new purchase only a mouse-click away retail therapy fills a void many people have in their lives.

And it has now extended to golf as well. I enjoy the forums and reading the reviews but the minutiae of comparing 20 different shaft offerings for a particular driver has gotten just ridiculous. We agonized over launch data and then spend more $$$ on an “upgrade” to play better. 20 years ago in order to get better we just practiced.

I think for many the equipment of golf is more important than the game of golf, which is pretty much how the Holiday Season here in the US works these days, the sale of goods is more important than the actual holiday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

My wife absolutely LOVES Christmas. She starts listening to Christmas carols/music the moment September hits....

We have a rule - no Christmas music in the car or house until December 1st if I'm there. (Exceptions are made... it's more of a guideline really)

I don't think of myself as a grinch, but part of what makes the holiday special is its brevity. If I sang White Christmas 6 months out of the year it just wouldn't be the same to me...

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day

My wife absolutely LOVES Christmas. She starts listening to Christmas carols/music the moment September hits....

We have a rule - no Christmas music in the car or house until December 1st if I'm there. (Exceptions are made... it's more of a guideline really

I don't think of myself as a grinch, but part of what makes the holiday special is its brevity. If I sang White Christmas 6 months out of the year it just wouldn't be the same to me...

It's Christmas shows on the Hallmark channel with my wife which start shortly. She knows better than to watch them with me (at least until just before Christmas). It's not that I'm a grinch it just that I think we should relish life in the current season.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

It's Christmas shows on the Hallmark channel with my wife which start shortly. She knows better than to watch them with me (at least until just before Christmas). It's not that I'm a grinch it just that I think we should relish life in the current season.

My wife is soooo looking forward to the new Christmas movies on Hallmark. I go hide somewhere when they are on.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Our dvr/cable box has been down for two months (we don't watch much tv) and it wasn't until yesterday when she saw the Hallmark schedule that it suddenly became a priority to get rectified

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

This is why I hate network tv: we have a severe thunderstorm watch for a very small area outside of the metro area. The prime time show was interrupted and the "weatherman" has been on for the past 12 minutes (and saying the same thing over and over and over) and with a fancy radar image that's no different than my weather radar app on my phone. It's like this was his 15 min of fame.

I'd rather have them issue an alert show the direction of the storm and then occasional updates as the storm moves on.

It was so tedious watching him my wife told me to switch to Netflix

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Just had to turn my heat on...

WOW, not even October yet. Still 90+ degrees here.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Just had to turn my heat on...

I have an empty room in my house, where it's still above 90° and the humidity is still oppressive as hell.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Mid 60's here in northwest Ohio. Kinda nice and beats the hot humid weather we had a few weeks ago.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Struggling with game the last month or 2, so I sit here and think about what I need to change in my equipment to play better. It ain't the equipment. I go look at new shafts. The shaft doesn't make me come in to steep into the ball. I am struggling with some of my frives, but 3 weeks ago I was smashing the driver, it ain't the club. I don't make a lot of putts, the last round I missed 6 putts inside of 3 feet, it's not the putter. There is one thing in common with all my issues, me. I hat when I struggle and I want to just buy new equipment, no new equipment will fix my issues. Ugh.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Camping in a nice RV park this past week, enjoying beautiful timberline surroundings and relative quietness. That is until the "campers" with Can-Am's and Razors show up and find it necessary to drive around the frigging park rattling the screws out of everyone's rig.  These are the terra-firma version of those annoying jet skis. Thanks for listening.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I hate my job.

I hate my job.

I hate my job.

That is all.

Quit.

Seriously, life is to short to spend a 1/3 or more of your best years doing something you hate. Although it's daunting to take that leap, I did it when I hit 40 with no regrets.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Wishon clubs, Odyssey CS stroke lab putter

I watched this earlier. It made me like things a bit more. It might strike a nerve for some.

Disclaimer: I do not support this gentlemen, just thought this was a good motivator.

https://twitter.com/garyvee/status/1045028984671559680?s=21

Gives us a little less to rant about??

400 trillion to 1...