TESTERS WANTED! ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

Quit.

Seriously, life is to short to spend a 1/3 or more of your best years doing something you hate. Although it's daunting to take that leap, I did it when I hit 40 with no regrets.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I hear what you're saying, but I'll bet most have hated their jobs at various points along their careers.  I had a few periods where I came close to leaving (grass always seems greener), but opted not to. Times in the workplace are very different now and I understand that with pensions being on the endangered list, workers are much less encumbered in making decisions about staying the course because there is little to lose. Not sure what @gswag's particular details are but I'm suggesting he think it through completely before making any leap. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Just had to turn my heat on...

Same here.

Damnit winter is coming!!!

IMG_0358.PNG

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

You're a different man than me lol... I'd be happy if the summer never hit that high lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

If I could find a place that was 65-75 all year...

I really don't like super hot, but I despise freezing my arse off for 7 months a year.

I don't hunt, ski, snowmobile... so from Late September to April here is like living a nightmare.

Can't find one good thing about 200+ inches of snow and below freezing temps for months.

Yeah, yeah this is completely against that video I linked... but man... I hate winter.

I can see both sides of the Temp argument. We moved to FL because getting older we couldn't take the Northeast winters. There are times that FL summers can be just as brutal like this year. Depending on my wife's health we may try the Snowbird thing. I have no problem going back and forth.

My perfect temp would be 80* high and 60* low. Perfect for this ole fart.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I can see both sides of the Temp argument. We moved to FL because getting older we couldn't take the Northeast winters. There are times that FL summers can be just as brutal like this year. Depending on my wife's health we may try the Snowbird thing. I have no problem going back and forth.

Yes. Retirement plans for us are Winters in the Florida, summers somewhere a bit cooler. Haven't found our summer place yet.

Probably somewhere near a golf course or 2.

Millions and millions have done this snowbird thing for decades; they can't all have it wrong.  :)  My wife and I just spent our first winter in Yuma after having previously spent our first winter here in MT.  We're convinced.  

Millions and millions have done this snowbird thing for decades; they can't all have it wrong. :) My wife and I just spent our first winter in Yuma after having previously spent our first winter here in MT. We're convinced.

Yes, yes, they can! ;)

In reality 90% of people in MN LOVE the winter. They are all skiing, snowmobiling, curling, and snow. They can't stand summer and hate it anytime it gets over 50°.

I do not fall into that category. I don't ski or any of the thing listed above. I can guarantee that I won't be going to college anywhere but the south. We are (hopefully) moving to NC soon. 🤞

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Millions and millions have done this snowbird thing for decades; they can't all have it wrong. :) My wife and I just spent our first winter in Yuma after having previously spent our first winter here in MT. We're convinced.

Happy you can do that, hope it's in our future.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I hate my job.

I hate my job.

I hate my job.

That is all.

Waited a few hours B4 I responded.

I'm actually pretty serious for a change. I spent the last 30 years (50 years employed) I'm running a company for a family that owned but couldn't manage it. In effect I had 4 bosses that didn't know squat. When business and economic conditions were good never saw them. If there was a downturn it was hell all they wanted was there profits and they fought over them.

I loved running the company it was a blast, employees were mostly great.

After a while the “family” just beat me down and I couldn't wait to get out. Last five years were hell on wheels but I stuck it out.

Anyway do what's best for you and foremost your family.

I wanted to retire 4-5 years earlier but health insurance got in the way.

Good luck on your future. Think it out.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I'm not sure summer up north was any better than in Florida this year. We had lots of days/weeks where the temps hovered around low 90's with very high humidity.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I love the heat and humidity...but I grew up with it, hence my absolute dread of Ohio winters.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Quit.

Seriously, life is to short to spend a 1/3 or more of your best years doing something you hate. Although it's daunting to take that leap, I did it when I hit 40 with no regrets.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That's true, but at 59, with a mortgage, vehicle payment and needing to eat, I just have to trudge along and deal with it... unless I want to live in a box under a bridge and walk everywhere.  ;)

That's true, but at 59, with a mortgage, vehicle payment and needing to eat, I just have to trudge along and deal with it... unless I want to live in a box under a bridge and walk everywhere. ;)

You should find a new job prior to quitting. Unless you are a short period of time from being vested or fulfilling a contractual obligation you can always seek another job.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I watched this earlier. It made me like things a bit more. It might strike a nerve for some.

Disclaimer: I do not support this gentlemen, just thought this was a good motivator.

https://twitter.com/garyvee/status/1045028984671559680?s=21

Gives us a little less to rant about??

400 trillion to 1...

I understand where he's coming from... and I agree, to a point. But... it's been my experience that a lot of the people that make videos and give speeches like that, are talking from a perspective that they don't have. It's easy to tell someone what their problem is and preach about going out and "just do it" when you have the means to do it.

Like it or not, money is the driving factor in just about everything. It makes the world go 'round... and makes getting off your ass and "just doing it" a whole lot less daunting. "Most" of these motivational type people have no worries financially and don't understand how it is to get by or "get on with it" when you don't have the means.

I get tired of listening to these people tell others to suck it up and get on with it when they have no clue  why or how a person is in the position they are in. I don't know anyone that is in a bad situation because they chose to be there. 

I do agree that at some point a person has to help themselves, and make the effort to move on from whatever their problem/s is/are.

Sorry for the little rant, but it's easy to tell others what they should do when you are sitting pretty in life.

I eschewed significantly more money several times by staying in results accounting

and refusing several offers of managerial accounting positions

which would have required me to leave the represented universe

that I myself was involved in organizing.

I was always afraid that they just wanted to make me vulnerable to getting fired as retribution

for being involved in starting a salaried office union similar to the hourly workers union in the plant.

We founded a different Local of the same union. I was an elected executive board member.

It worked out well when the company all but went under and got absorbed. 

I left with a fat negotiated severance package, full pension to supplement my social security,

and supplemental medical to go with my medicare.

The new company tried to get us to take a lump sum buyout instead,

but the smart members gave them a glimpse of our salutation fingers. 

My personal financial consultant agreed, told me to stand pat,

when he himself would have benefited from managing my lump sum. 

It's important to have honest people in your corner.

(We got a pretty decent lump sum as it was with the severance deal we negotiated when the company was doing well.)

Management left with jack ****, by the way,

other than their legally protected base pensions.

It's sad, but most companies don't even offer pensions any more.

Private sector unions aren't what they were in better times.

Everybody's situation is different,

but the important thing

is to strongly consider everything before making a move.

You should find a new job prior to quitting. Unless you are a short period of time from being vested or fulfilling a contractual obligation you can always seek another job.

I have 26 years with the company I'm with. In my line of work, there isn't a lot of opportunity to move from job to job. My age and experience is actually in my favor with my line of work. The problem is that there aren't many places to move on to in my line of work. Fortunately, I don't hate my job.... I just get tired of working 10 - 12 hours a day for several months at a time.

If I could find a place that was 65-75 all year...

I really don't like super hot, but I despise freezing my arse off for 7 months a year.

I don't hunt, ski, snowmobile... so from Late September to April here is like living a nightmare.

Can't find one good thing about 200+ inches of snow and below freezing temps for months.

Yeah, yeah this is completely against that video I linked... but man... I hate winter.

Hockey. One thing. Hockey

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

So last Saturday we have an 8:00 am tee time.  I show up at 7:30 am and the guy who makes the tee time had already tee'd off with another member of the group, "who has health issues and plays slow."  I go off with another member of the group about 10 minutes after I get there.

Normal Tuesday email goes out about next Saturday's tee time, which is 7:51 am.  He asks everyone to respond who is playing, so my response goes like this, "I'll show up if you promise to keep the tee time you told us to show up for, and not tee off 45 minutes before said tee time just because you could."

We go back and forth a few more times on email, and his last email to me was, to put it bluntly, "you lack respect and integrity for the members of this group.  You are still welcome to come next Saturday, but you need to show the group respect."

I won't respond, because to sum up his last email, it was essentially an "F you" email to me.

I find it interesting how I lack respect and integrity when I show up 30 minutes early for a tee time that someone else made, but the guy teeing off 45 minutes early is doing the right thing.

Like I told my wife, I don't need this crap.  I play golf to enjoy it, and not to be accused of lacking integrity and respect for the above mentioned reasons.  Unbelievable.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

So last Saturday we have an 8:00 am tee time.  I show up at 7:30 am and the guy who makes the tee time had already tee'd off with another member of the group, "who has health issues and plays slow."  I go off with another member of the group about 10 minutes after I get there.

Normal Tuesday email goes out about next Saturday's tee time, which is 7:51 am.  He asks everyone to respond who is playing, so my response goes like this, "I'll show up if you promise to keep the tee time you told us to show up for, and not tee off 45 minutes before said tee time just because you could."

We go back and forth a few more times on email, and his last email to me was, to put it bluntly, "you lack respect and integrity for the members of this group.  You are still welcome to come next Saturday, but you need to show the group respect."

I won't respond, because to sum up his last email, it was essentially an "F you" email to me.

I find it interesting how I lack respect and integrity when I show up 30 minutes early for a tee time that someone else made, but the guy teeing off 45 minutes early is doing the right thing.

Like I told my wife, I don't need this crap.  I play golf to enjoy it, and not to be accused of lacking integrity and respect for the above mentioned reasons.  Unbelievable.

Why would someone meeting to play with a group at a scheduled tee time choose to do that?

Why would someone meeting to play with a group at a scheduled tee time choose to do that?

hence the whole point of my contension. But by raising the issue I'm being disrespectful and lack integrity, so what do I know. 🤷‍♂️

This has been one of those weeks.....absolutely drained from it all.

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

This has been one of those weeks.....absolutely drained from it all.

end of the month

Full moon

It's nearing the end of after-work golf.  We have beautiful weather, but it's getting dark earlier and earlier.  On top of that... our front nine has holes 4, 5, 7 and 8 playing directly into the setting sun. Impossible to see the ball when hitting; a spotter is a must.  There is one good thing about it... you keep your head down unless you want to be blinded.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It's nearing the end of after-work golf. We have beautiful weather, but it's getting dark earlier and earlier. On top of that... our front nine has holes 4, 5, 7 and 8 playing directly into the setting sun. Impossible to see the ball when hitting; a spotter is a must. There is one good thing about it... you keep your head down unless you want to be blinded.

We used to play in evenings as well, we had the setting sun as well, the fun ones is when the spotter loses it, and you stand on the tee saying, I think i hit it pretty good, maybe pulled it a little. Or you say, crap that was way left. We would sometimes stay out til it was a bit to dark to be golfing and you'd have the same conversations, it look like it went straight, no I pushed it to the right, then you have to find it

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

We used to play in evenings as well, we had the setting sun as well, the fun ones is when the spotter loses it, and you stand on the tee saying, I think i hit it pretty good, maybe pulled it a little. Or you say, crap that was way left. We would sometimes stay out til it was a bit to dark to be golfing and you'd have the same conversations, it look like it went straight, no I pushed it to the right, then you have to find it

I miss those evening walks, not so much the leaves. I'm still a Northeast Guy living in FL.

Rick

Left Hand,