TESTERS WANTED! ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

hence the whole point of my contension. But by raising the issue I'm being disrespectful and lack integrity, so what do I know. 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I have found there is a new"bad" attitude in the local seen. Not sure if there are a lot of people dealing with personal issues, or just a really unwanted swing in the game. I would call for a meeting with the individual to have a chance to talk it through. If he puts it down, I'd bring up to the club. If this doesn't resolve the issue, I'd look for a new place to play.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

I have found there is a new"bad" attitude in the local seen. Not sure if there are a lot of people dealing with personal issues, or just a really unwanted swing in the game. I would call for a meeting with the individual to have a chance to talk it through. If he puts it down, I'd bring up to the club. If this doesn't resolve the issue, I'd look for a new place to play.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's wierd about this guy is that he's in his 70's, and we actually play together sometimes on Tuesday nights in our weekly league, so I saw him Tuesday night and he was cordial and we were actually joking about different things. Then I get his email Thursday night.

As for the local course getting involved, it's a public course run by the city muni, and this guy has been playing there for many years, and I am the new guy, and have only been a "member" less than a year, so ultimately I don't see the point of getting the golf club involved in what I consider juvenile semantics. And honestly, what would the golf course offer to a situation like this where it's just petty bickering about nothing?

I stayed home this morning, watching Ryder Cup. Maybe I'll go out to breakfast with the wife on Saturday mornings now and play at a different time by myself. But I'm not going out of my way to patronize this guy's petty BS. Life's too short, so we're moving on. Our league is off until next March, so we'll see how that goes next year. I'm on the committee of the league, so I kind of have to be there. But if it gets contentious I'll simply resign from the committee and be done with that as well.

Personally, I don't do confrontation. I'm getting too old to let little stuff bother me, so if this guy wants to carry a grudge, that's on him.

Sent from my coral using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Yep. It's gotten to the point that I'm ready to move-on from this company. Boss is a complete ass, company has no idea where they're going, and I've had enough of 12-15 nights out per-week. It's just not worth it anymore. Praying for a change.

Had an offer yesterday to interview with another company, but it's too big of a hit on the base.

Ugh. If only coaching and teaching could pay the bills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

My wife is soooo looking forward to the new Christmas movies on Hallmark. I go hide somewhere when they are on.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

They all have the same plot, local boy now is a big shot finance guy in NY. Is somehow given the assignment to go to an under performing family store from his hometown and make a aggressive bid to buy it and turn it into a big chain. All before Christmas Eve.

Meantime his high school sweet heart is now a single mother and managing the store trying to keep it affloat. Mr bigshit is going to lay people off.

They butt heads but ultimately he is won over by the town holiday spirit and decides to quit his job and use all his skill in helping turn around the local store while also joining the comittee for decorating town center for the Christmas Eve tree lighting.

The girls young son is taken with him and they get engaged and a year later have their own baby as the store is thriving.

Yep. Seen that plot many times. Yet I keep watching with her. Ha. I'm such a sap!!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

This has been one of those weeks.....absolutely drained from it all.

I hear you buddy. Check out these past 3 days

Thursday 2 outings =240 players

Friday 2 outings = 275 players

Today 3 outings = 328 players

And next week we do it again except we add:

Monday 1 outimg = 95 people

Tuesday 1 outing = 121 people

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

They all have the same plot, local boy now is a big shot finance guy in NY. Is somehow given the assignment to go to an under performing family store from his hometown and make a aggressive bid to buy it and turn it into a big chain. All before Christmas Eve.

Meantime his high school sweet heart is now a single mother and managing the store trying to keep it affloat. Mr bigshit is going to lay people off.

They butt heads but ultimately he is won over by the town holiday spirit and decides to quit his job and use all his skill in helping turn around the local store while also joining the comittee for decorating town center for the Christmas Eve tree lighting.

The girls young son is taken with him and they get engaged and a year later have their own baby as the store is thriving.

Yep. Seen that plot many times. Yet I keep watching with her. Ha. I'm such a sap!!

Yup, think I saw that one....

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

what Hallmark movies are you watching? The women are all coming off some relationship that didn't work out and they need to travel to some town in Vermont with 50 people where they inherited something and end up falling in love with the quaint little town. And in the midst of this town is some single dude that looks like Matthew Macaunaghey that works in a barn riding horses in his mid 30s and is still a virgin because he's lived there all his life and has never done anywhere. Meanwhile he has nothing in common with her but somehow they fall in love while the boyfriend from the city comes calling after she's fallen in love with stable boy.

There's never any poverty, crime or even a car accident and everyone's life is perfect and their idea of a party involves tea and cookies that grandma made. 🤮🤮🤮

what Hallmark movies are you watching? The women are all coming off some relationship that didn't work out and they need to travel to some town in Vermont with 50 people where they inherited something and end up falling in love with the quaint little town. And in the midst of this town is some single dude that looks like Matthew Macaunaghey that works in a barn riding horses in his mid 30s and is still a virgin because he's lived there all his life and has never done anywhere. Meanwhile he has nothing in common with her but somehow they fall in love while the boyfriend from the city comes calling after she's fallen in love with stable boy.

There's never any poverty, crime or even a car accident and everyone's life is perfect and their idea of a party involves tea and cookies that grandma made. 🤮🤮🤮

Yuck...

Doesn't matter, none of us guys watch the shows anyway, we're all on our iPhones on MGS pretending to be watching.

Rick

Left Hand, 

And that my friends is what qualifies one as a moderator. Well done and funny as hell.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Had my irons and hybrid re-shafted at Golf Galaxy and went to pick them up. Shafts look great, but they "forgot" to trim the lengths and all the irons are missing their ferrules…!😖Fortunately they trimmed the shafts before I left with them, but none of us noticed the lack of parts...I only noticed their absence when I began to install the grips late last night...😫Now off on another trip to have them done right...

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=marvin+martian+delays&&view=detail&mid=CD141102B69E631AC5ECCD141102B69E631AC5EC&&FORM=VRDGAR

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Had my irons and hybrid re-shafted at Golf Galaxy and went to pick them up. Shafts look great, but they "forgot" to trim the lengths and all the irons are missing their ferrules…!Fortunately they trimmed the shafts before I left with them, but none of us noticed the lack of parts...I only noticed their absence when I began to install the grips late last night...Now off on another trip to have them done right...
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=marvin+martian+delays&&view=detail&mid=CD141102B69E631AC5ECCD141102B69E631AC5EC&&FORM=VRDGAR

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Man, what a fiasco.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Had my irons and hybrid re-shafted at Golf Galaxy and went to pick them up. Shafts look great, but they "forgot" to trim the lengths and all the irons are missing their ferrules…!Fortunately they trimmed the shafts before I left with them, but none of us noticed the lack of parts...I only noticed their absence when I began to install the grips late last night...Now off on another trip to have them done right...

Poor customer service. Should have been checked.

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 9/27/2018 at 10:14 PM, Rickp said:

Waited a few hours B4 I responded.

I'm actually pretty serious for a change. I spent the last 30 years (50 years employed) I'm running a company for a family that owned but couldn't manage it. In effect I had 4 bosses that didn't know squat. When business and economic conditions were good never saw them. If there was a downturn it was hell all they wanted was there profits and they fought over them.

I loved running the company it was a blast, employees were mostly great.

After a while the “family” just beat me down and I couldn't wait to get out. Last five years were hell on wheels but I stuck it out.

Anyway do what's best for you and foremost your family.

I wanted to retire 4-5 years earlier but health insurance got in the way.

Good luck on your future. Think it out.

Rick, you need to do the latest update for your iPhone I think. Last time I had those issues with the symbols when I typed, there was a bug fix in the new version update on IPhone. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

On 9/28/2018 at 5:09 PM, GSwag said:

So last Saturday we have an 8:00 am tee time.  I show up at 7:30 am and the guy who makes the tee time had already tee'd off with another member of the group, "who has health issues and plays slow."  I go off with another member of the group about 10 minutes after I get there.

Normal Tuesday email goes out about next Saturday's tee time, which is 7:51 am.  He asks everyone to respond who is playing, so my response goes like this, "I'll show up if you promise to keep the tee time you told us to show up for, and not tee off 45 minutes before said tee time just because you could."

We go back and forth a few more times on email, and his last email to me was, to put it bluntly, "you lack respect and integrity for the members of this group.  You are still welcome to come next Saturday, but you need to show the group respect."

I won't respond, because to sum up his last email, it was essentially an "F you" email to me.

I find it interesting how I lack respect and integrity when I show up 30 minutes early for a tee time that someone else made, but the guy teeing off 45 minutes early is doing the right thing.

Like I told my wife, I don't need this crap.  I play golf to enjoy it, and not to be accused of lacking integrity and respect for the above mentioned reasons.  Unbelievable.

Is this an email between you and him? Or Is this a group email? The people in charge of setting up the Saturday games are usually a committee and not just one person. It seems like you could ask the group why the tee times given in the email aren’t the actual times to show up. We sometimes have groups where someone doesn’t show up, and a guy or 2 will get moved around, but we don’t leave other guys from that group hanging either, we try to get everyone in a group when there are open spots since someone doesn’t show up. I think the bigger problem is the guys who say there going, and then don’t show up. We have those too. 

Is this an email between you and him? Or Is this a group email? The people in charge of setting up the Saturday games are usually a committee and not just one person. It seems like you could ask the group why the tee times given in the email aren’t the actual times to show up. We sometimes have groups where someone doesn’t show up, and a guy or 2 will get moved around, but we don’t leave other guys from that group hanging either, we try to get everyone in a group when there are open spots since someone doesn’t show up. I think the bigger problem is the guys who say there going, and then don’t show up. We have those too. 

The group has about 6 people in it. We’ve never had more than 4 show up. There is no committee. It’s one guy making a tee time and sending out an email.

Just factor in that when I say I will be there for something I show up, and show up with plenty of time to spare before the actual time.

I’m a man of my word. What I say I mean, and what I mean, I do. So when someone (essentially) lies to me by either not showing up or taking off early, way before the appointment, it pisses me off.

I have the same pet peeve about people who are habitually late for things. I had another friend who you could never count on to actually show up on time for a tee time. It didn’t matter what time, or where, but he always had an excuse for why he was running late. The problem with running your life like this is that while you assume it’s no big deal, me and everyone else who showed up on time to play golf, you made wait. Essentially, you think your time is more valuable than mine.

I see it in all sorts of places. Work, school, church, golf, wherever. People that are tardy never apologize and just think their behavior is acceptable. I disagree and I take offense by it. It’s rude and pisses me off. Same goes for the situation here. I show up 30 minutes early and you are already gone? I don’t think so. It’s unacceptable in my book. Apparently this guy disagrees and even said to me he’d do it again.

Now you know why I am pissed off and didn’t play golf last Saturday.

Rick, you need to do the latest update for your iPhone I think. Last time I had those issues with the symbols when I typed, there was a bug fix in the new version update on IPhone. 

Thanks,
I did the latest update Friday so that should be OK.
Sometimes just doing a phone reset works.

Rick

Left Hand, 

The group has about 6 people in it. We’ve never had more than 4 show up. There is no committee. It’s one guy making a tee time and sending out an email.

Just factor in that when I say I will be there for something I show up, and show up with plenty of time to spare before the actual time.

I’m a man of my word. What I say I mean, and what I mean, I do. So when someone (essentially) lies to me by either not showing up or taking off early, way before the appointment, it pisses me off.

I have the same pet peeve about people who are habitually late for things. I had another friend who you could never count on to actually show up on time for a tee time. It didn’t matter what time, or where, but he always had an excuse for why he was running late. The problem with running your life like this is that while you assume it’s no big deal, me and everyone else who showed up on time to play golf, you made wait. Essentially, you think your time is more valuable than mine.

I see it in all sorts of places. Work, school, church, golf, wherever. People that are tardy never apologize and just think their behavior is acceptable. I disagree and I take offense by it. It’s rude and pisses me off. Same goes for the situation here. I show up 30 minutes early and you are already gone? I don’t think so. It’s unacceptable in my book. Apparently this guy disagrees and even said to me he’d do it again.

I’ve been watching this conversation. From everything said I believe he owes you an apology. This gentleman is responsible for the group no matter he should have waited until correct tee time.
I run 3-4 groups a week. I send out an email asking who wants to play, they reply if they are going to participate, no answer no play. When tee time is posted I send another email notifying all who replied time & place. Easy, not really I still have problems.

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 9/29/2018 at 5:00 AM, Kenny B said:

It's nearing the end of after-work golf.  We have beautiful weather, but it's getting dark earlier and earlier.  On top of that... our front nine has holes 4, 5, 7 and 8 playing directly into the setting sun. Impossible to see the ball when hitting; a spotter is a must.  There is one good thing about it... you keep your head down unless you want to be blinded.

we could tee off at 8.30PM in summer and get 18 in- pretty soon it will be dark at 5pm- it's already cold everyday and we have 7 months of this to come- not a fan of winter, it looks great but it's a PITA to live in

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

2 hours ago, GSwag said:

Gotcha. I understand that. For tee times I always try to show up a minimum of 30 min early. I hate being late for anything. I’d rather be 15 minutes early. My kids struggle with that, which makes me get a little perturbed with them. We have a big group on Saturday, but I can certainly understand the frustration with a guy like that. 

Gotcha. I understand that. For tee times I always try to show up a minimum of 30 min early. I hate being late for anything. I’d rather be 15 minutes early. My kids struggle with that, which makes me get a little perturbed with them. We have a big group on Saturday, but I can certainly understand the frustration with a guy like that. 

I’m the same way, if I’m not 30” early I’m late.

Rick

Left Hand, 

8 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Damn app won't work for the past 2 days. Deleted it and then did redownload of it nothing. Restarted the phone nothing. What they he!!. 

Probably isn't playing nice with the new forum interface - I am guessing there are still some things on the back end that need to be updated to make the forum play nice with the app.  Even Tapatalk has been slower than normal when using the MGS forum

On 11/26/2016 at 10:24 PM, PMookie said:

That's because it's all made overseas... No pride in production, parts are cheaply made, of low quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a Whirlpool factory about 30 min away from us. Of course the circuit board is probably made in Mexico or China. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

Probably isn't playing nice with the new forum interface - I am guessing there are still some things on the back end that need to be updated to make the forum play nice with the app.  Even Tapatalk has been slower than normal when using the MGS forum

Had password issues with desktop and Tapatalk. Deleting the app and going to reinstall it to see if that helps. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Didn't work for me... tapatalk still isn't working.

I had to do the “forgot password”, then the link said “no issue”, and was able to sign-in again. Crazy.
I “didn’t have permission” to post a pic via Tapatalk this AM, had to do it via the MGS app.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I had to do the “forgot password”, then the link said “no issue”, and was able to sign-in again. Crazy.
I “didn’t have permission” to post a pic via Tapatalk this AM, had to do it via the MGS app.

I'm on tapatalk now so that's working but not the MGS app

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk