TESTERS WANTED! ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

I don't get enough 90ºF weather up here to complain about it, ever.

You never have to scrape 90º off your windshield.

You never have to shovel it off your driveway.

Five months of 90, five months of 65 , and two transitional months of 75 would be absolutely perfect for me.

2 hours ago, GSwag said:

Yeah, it was 90+ here yesterday and today, and tomorrow, and....

summer seems to never end.  The humidity is down a bit, so that's promising.  Maybe by November I can wear pants on the golf course.  

If there was ever a time for the middle finger emoji...😀

we are getting snow on Friday. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

7 minutes ago, GB13 said:

If there was ever a time for the middle finger emoji...😀

we are getting snow on Friday. 

I've shoveled my share of snow.  I've driven on my share of icy and snowy roads.  I did something about it, and moved south.

I don't really share the 90° weather comment as a rant, but more as an update.  The wife wonders what we'll do once we retire.  She wants to move north somewhere.  My response to her is always the same, "Sure, we can move up north somewhere...for August."

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

29 minutes ago, GSwag said:

I've shoveled my share of snow.  I've driven on my share of icy and snowy roads.  I did something about it, and moved south.

I don't really share the 90° weather comment as a rant, but more as an update.  The wife wonders what we'll do once we retire.  She wants to move north somewhere.  My response to her is always the same, "Sure, we can move up north somewhere...for August."

Just tell your wife that, financially, it may not be a good idea.   My wife has a good friend that has lived in Florida for a number of years.  Her husband's employer transferred him to their Florida operations.  He is now retired.   The Baltimore/Annapolis area is their home and they thought about returning home, in a manner of speaking.   Unfortunately, they found that the sale of their current residence would not yield sufficient funds for its replacement here.   Accordingly, I suggested to my wife that we sell our residence relocate to  Florida and bank some funds. Unfortunately, it ain't gonna happen. 

1 minute ago, TheWahoo said:

Just tell your wife that, financially, it may not be a good idea.   My wife has a good friend that has lived in Florida for a number of years.  Her husband's employer transferred him to their Florida operations.  He is now retired.   The Baltimore/Annapolis area is their home and they thought about returning home, in a manner of speaking.   Unfortunately, they found that the sale of their current residence would not yield sufficient funds for its replacement here.   Accordingly, I suggested to my wife that we sell our residence relocate to  Florida and bank some funds. Unfortunately, it ain't gonna happen. 

Well, honestly, money is not the obstacle to something like this.  We are actually set up to be snow birds if we wanted to.  Our house is paid for, and for a lack of a better way of saying it, once my mother-in-law passes, my wife inherits her house.  So we will have two houses in the same town.  We either sell our house and take the proceeds and buy a property somewhere where summer is not so hot, or we buy an RV and travel around when we want to and return to home base when we feel like it.

We have a few options on the table, but right now we are sort of on pause, as A) the MIL is still alive and kicking, albeit, just waiting to die, and B ) I'm only 51, so I have a few years to wait this out before retirement is something I can even remotely consider.  And since I don't make a whole lot of money, any income in retirement will be from inheritance and social security.  My 401(k) is a joke honestly.

Yeah, I know, first world problems.

5 minutes ago, TheWahoo said:

That's what people in California have been doing for years now... selling their million dollar mobile homes and moving up here.  Buying a new ritzy house for $400-500K and banking the rest.  Unfortunately, they are bringing all of the California problems with them.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Unfortunately, they are bringing all of the California problems with them.

here we go...   🙄

Golfed on Monday, got in a good workout, and ever since I've had lower back pain and spasms. It's happened before...but traveling this weekend then off to San Antonio next Wed for some golf. Hoping it settles before then.

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Well. Was planning on going out today, but it’s a downpour. I think my golfing is done for 2018... outside anyways.

We need a thumbs down option on posts.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

54 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Well. Was planning on going out today, but it’s a downpour. I think my golfing is done for 2018... outside anyways.

😢

Hope your dream sheet works out and this is the last time it's an issue....

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Got my Edel wedges today and I’m PISSED. I put on the order to stamp the initials of my kids haphazardly ALL OVER the back of the club, and then paintfill the initials.
They put ONE set of initials on each club.... ONE! I emailed them and let them know I’m pissed.
That’s ridiculous. I’ll just buy another brand next time and have Wedge Wizard grind them like Edel does.
PISSED!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

How many f’ing 4 foot birdie putts can you miss in a round?

It absolutely destroys your confidence when you nut a drive and stick the approach shot to 4 feet or closer and then walk off with par everytime.

Unbelievable. 🤬🤬🤬

How many f’ing 4 foot birdie putts can you miss in a round?

It absolutely destroys your confidence when you nut a drive and stick the approach shot to 4 feet or closer and then walk off with par everytime.

Unbelievable. 🤬🤬🤬

I can relate - had a couple of misses like that yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I’m not much of a ranter but trying to work through carbon monoxide poisoning today was no fun at all.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

I’m not much of a ranter but trying to work through carbon monoxide poisoning today was no fun at all.

That doesn't sound good. Hope you've fully recovered.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Wow what a day! My wife and several ladies left town to play in a golf tournament at guess where? Columbus, Ga. I'm concerned about their travel back Thursday as they play the tournament Tuesday/Wednesday. Maybe they can head back Wednesday evening if all goes well.

Ok so now for my predicament. 1f62b.png😫 Some of you know as I have mentioned I'm nursing a couple of bulging discs and pinched nerve in my lower back. I figured it was mostly from old age as we all start having joint etc. issues. I'm due for a shot in my back October 29th to relieve the discomfort. Well today I had a few things take place that jacked up the pain to a round 11ish on a scale of 1 - 10. 1f61f.png😟

It's ok to laugh at the 2nd thing that happened as it truly would have made America's Funniest videos show.

!. It's about to pour down rain so I call my dog in for the day and noticed blood spots on the floor. At first I thought it was me because I saw no evidence of injury on my dog so I run into the bathroom and check out the back of my arms etc. The blood spots on the floor led to a trail out to the back porch. Now I noticed blood on her hair next to her neck and side of her leg. Now I'm freaking out because I can find out where it's coming from! I checked her neck, back of her head, side of her leg and everywhere else I could think of, except her ear. Apparently she either nicked her ear on a rose bush coming our of the garden or did it coming through the doggy door on the screen porch. Anyways that little wound on her neck was bleeding like a leaky faucet. I applied pressure with a couple of paper towels and it finally stopped bleeding. In the process I had to bend over straining my lower back to keep the pressure on her ear. The pull on my back was telling me to back off or else.

2. Ok you can laugh after the next thing that happened. I was sitting on the back porch with Roxie making sure her ear had stopped bleeding and here runs in my cat with a chipmunk in his mouth! I'm hollering at Roxie to stay still so her bleeding would stop, hollering at Buster to drop the dayuuuummmmm chipmonk. He dropped it and I rushed Buster in the back door so I could herd the chipmunk outside.

3. I finally got this accomplished so I head in to mop up the blood droppings from Roxie's ear. The blood had dried hard on the floor and I was pushing down on the handle when I felt my back catch. It locked up so bad I could hardly make it to a chair to sit down. Time will tell however I may have went from bulging to herniating either one or both of those discs.

4. Ice pack is now on my back with a cane I had from my knee surgery days close by. I think my golf game for tomorrow is a wash and gawd forbid my cat from hauling in another chipmunk!!!

I don't drink alcohol these days as I drank enough in my younger life, to be sufficient enough for most small towns. If I was a drinking man, I would be sitting here slugging down something real hard.... lol So my dog with a sore ear and myself with a sore back and no one home to nurse us.... 1f625.png😥

Update for Tuesday morning:   I was suppose to play golf with the old coots today however that's not happening now are in the foreseeable future!   Back pain sucks!! 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

OG, you are having such a bad time of it. Hope you get some back relief soon!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

9 minutes ago, ole gray said:

Wow what a day! My wife and several ladies left town to play in a golf tournament at guess where? Columbus, Ga. I'm concerned about their travel back Thursday as they play the tournament Tuesday/Wednesday. Maybe they can head back Wednesday evening if all goes well.

Ok so now for my predicament. 1f62b.png😫 Some of you know as I have mentioned I'm nursing a couple of bulging discs and pinched nerve in my lower back. I figured it was mostly from old age as we all start having joint etc. issues. I'm due for a shot in my back October 29th to relieve the discomfort. Well today I had a few things take place that jacked up the pain to a round 11ish on a scale of 1 - 10. 1f61f.png😟

It's ok to laugh at the 2nd thing that happened as it truly would have made America's Funniest videos show.

!. It's about to pour down rain so I call my dog in for the day and noticed blood spots on the floor. At first I thought it was me because I saw no evidence of injury on my dog so I run into the bathroom and check out the back of my arms etc. The blood spots on the floor led to a trail out to the back porch. Now I noticed blood on her hair next to her neck and side of her leg. Now I'm freaking out because I can find out where it's coming from! I checked her neck, back of her head, side of her leg and everywhere else I could think of, except her ear. Apparently she either nicked her ear on a rose bush coming our of the garden or did it coming through the doggy door on the screen porch. Anyways that little wound on her neck was bleeding like a leaky faucet. I applied pressure with a couple of paper towels and it finally stopped bleeding. In the process I had to bend over straining my lower back to keep the pressure on her ear. The pull on my back was telling me to back off or else.

2. Ok you can laugh after the next thing that happened. I was sitting on the back porch with Roxie making sure her ear had stopped bleeding and here runs in my cat with a chipmunk in his mouth! I'm hollering at Roxie to stay still so her bleeding would stop, hollering at Buster to drop the dayuuuummmmm chipmonk. He dropped it and I rushed Buster in the back door so I could herd the chipmunk outside.

3. I finally got this accomplished so I head in to mop up the blood droppings from Roxie's ear. The blood had dried hard on the floor and I was pushing down on the handle when I felt my back catch. It locked up so bad I could hardly make it to a chair to sit down. Time will tell however I may have went from bulging to herniating either one or both of those discs.

4. Ice pack is now on my back with a cane I had from my knee surgery days close by. I think my golf game for tomorrow is a wash and gawd forbid my cat from hauling in another chipmunk!!!

I don't drink alcohol these days as I drank enough in my younger life, to be sufficient enough for most small towns. If I was a drinking man, I would be sitting here slugging down something real hard.... lol So my dog with a sore ear and myself with a sore back and no one home to nurse us.... 1f625.png😥

Update for Tuesday morning:   I was suppose to play golf with the old coots today however that's not happening now are in the foreseeable future!   Back pain sucks!! 

Hope today is much better for you and your back issues are on the mend.  Every time I ever get a twitch in my back, I think of these stories and hope like hell never to reach DEF-CON 5 😬

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

OG, you are having such a bad time of it. Hope you get some back relief soon!

Thanks buddy!    Just me , my dog, and the cats at home to  deal with this frigging back.  Heck I can't even drive to the doc's office to pick up some strong pain meds. They are not allowed to call it in to your drug store these days .   Suck it up buttercup 😫

Cleveland

4 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Hope today is much better for you and your back issues are on the mend.  Every time I ever get a twitch in my back, I think of these stories and hope like hell never to reach DEF-CON 5 😬

On a scale of 1 - 10, my back was a 11 last evening.  I was seriously concerned how I was going to get back into the house......  I took two extra strength aspirin which are 500 mg and two extra strength tylenol and then  dragged an ice pack out of the fridge.  Cooled it down and later put a heating pad on it to calm down the spastic muscles.   This morning I could barely get out of bed.  I found a back brace in my chester drawer and put that sucker on.   I had to take my dog on a potty break and bless her heart, she knew I was in pain.  She didn't pull on the leash at all and walked real slow for me.   Awesome dog !    Anyways back on the couch with an ice pack and my wife is due home from Columbus, Ga. this evening as they are cutting her golf tournament short.     Heck being injured and being alone is a tough row to hoe! 😳 

Cleveland

17 minutes ago, ole gray said:

On a scale of 1 - 10, my back was a 11 last evening.  I was seriously concerned how I was going to get back into the house......  I took two extra strength aspirin which are 500 mg and two extra strength tylenol and then  dragged an ice pack out of the fridge.  Cooled it down and later put a heating pad on it to calm down the spastic muscles.   This morning I could barely get out of bed.  I found a back brace in my chester drawer and put that sucker on.   I had to take my dog on a potty break and bless her heart, she knew I was in pain.  She didn't pull on the leash at all and walked real slow for me.   Awesome dog !    Anyways back on the couch with an ice pack and my wife is due home from Columbus, Ga. this evening as they are cutting her golf tournament short.     Heck being injured and being alone is a tough row to hoe! 😳 

As a fellow sufferer, I feel your pain, Gray.

You may need an MRI and epidural steroid injection,

Get your doctor to give you some oxycodone until that's done.

Don't accept Vicodin.  It's not strong enough. 

Aspirin is good for a mild headache and Tylenol is good for nothing.

8 minutes ago, NiftyNiblick said:

As a fellow sufferer, I feel your pain, Gray.

You may need an MRI and epidural steroid injection,

Get your doctor to give you some oxycodone until that's done.

Don't accept Vicodin.  It's not strong enough. 

Aspirin is good for a mild headache and Tylenol is good for nothing.

I had the MRI a few weeks ago and the injection is due Oct 29th.  He put me on Gabapentin for nerve pain however it's not touching the pain I have now.   It's brutal.

Cleveland

36 minutes ago, ole gray said:

I had the MRI a few weeks ago and the injection is due Oct 29th.  He put me on Gabapentin for nerve pain however it's not touching the pain I have now.   It's brutal.

Feel better soon, Gray.  I honestly and truly empathize.

I know what it feels like.

Your entire body throbs like a huge toothache and the sudden spasms all but make you white out.

You need something to get you through to the injection.

Even if you just take it at night so you can sleep.

That's what I do when it comes back to me.

Sometimes you'd rather gut in out than take heavy meds during the day,

but you've got to sleep or you'll really break down..

I tweaked my back a few weeks ago. I have no idea what triggered it, but it was a struggle trying to get my shoes on while getting ready for my league. It was a strange sensation - my back felt very tight and my mobility was severely limited. Being a moron much of the time, I thought I would loosen up on the course. MISTAKE. By the end of the round, my swing was all arms with no rotation. I spent the next two days pretty much confined to my bed because getting up was so difficult. A few trips to the chiropractor and a lot of stretching, heat, and ice and I am much better. Still not perfect, but better. I've played twice since then, with a pretty tentative swing. I may need to hang it up for the season and focus on getting back to normal and strengthening my core.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

9 minutes ago, NiftyNiblick said:

Feel better soon, Gray.  I honestly and truly empathize.

I know what it feels like.

Your entire body throbs like a huge toothache and the sudden spasms all but make you white out.

You need something to get you through to the injection.

Even if you just take it at night so you can sleep.

That's what I do when it comes back to me.

Sometimes you'd rather gut in out than take heavy meds during the day,

but you've got to sleep or you'll really break down..

Yea I just called my doc and left a message as they are in clinic today.  Now I have to figure out how I'm going to get to the doc's office as they can't call in the strong drugs anymore.  You have to go to the office and pick em up.  Oh well we will get er done.   Thanks for the info buddy!

Cleveland

1 minute ago, MaxEntropy said:

I tweaked my back a few weeks ago. I have no idea what triggered it, but it was a struggle trying to get my shoes on while getting ready for my league. It was a strange sensation - my back felt very tight and my mobility was severely limited. Being a moron much of the time, I thought I would loosen up on the course. MISTAKE. By the end of the round, my swing was all arms with no rotation. I spent the next two days pretty much confined to my bed because getting up was so difficult. A few trips to the chiropractor and a lot of stretching, heat, and ice and I am much better. Still not perfect, but better. I've played twice since then, with a pretty tentative swing. I may need to hang it up for the season and focus on getting back to normal and strengthening my core.

Yea I have been fighting nerve pain down the side of my hip for quite some time now.  Yesterday the big one hit and it was a Mother!!  Good luck with your back and I hope all goes well for ya.....

Cleveland