TESTERS WANTED! ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

On 10/17/2018 at 1:27 PM, tony@CIC said:

As part of our normal pre winter check list of stuff to do we had a guy come out to clean (wood burning) fireplace/chimney. In addition to the normal cleaning that we've done in the past this guy had a camera to scope the flue. And as you can imagine he found several bricks that had big voids in them.  So not only doesn't my wife get to have the winter fires that she loves, we're going to have to take care of this. New flue would be 8-10K. We're thinking a gas insert will probably be a lot less. Either way this is unexpected and a pretty big expense on top of my son's wedding coming up next month., a brand new set of tires on my wife's car and a new set on my car as well. 😡😡

About 10 years ago I put in a gas insert into my fireplace.  One of the  best things I ever did!  Our house is not very big, mostly because we didn't want something that took a lot of work to maintain.  Our fireplace will heat the main part of the house quickly on the lowest setting, and the fireplace has a reasonable wood burning look to it; a lot less work and mess.  I recommend!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

A little rant -  If you read the car buying thread, my wife and I bought her a new(er) vehicle a few weeks ago.  It's a used 2017 Volvo XC60 SUV.  Nice car and she likes it a lot.  We bought it from a very reputable used car lot in town.  The only problem is that it only came with one remote key; we need two.  It must be purchased at a Volvo dealer, of course, and it must be paired with the car and other remote to make sure they work together.  The problem other than the $350 cost?  We have no Volvo dealer within 250 miles; Portland or Seattle.  Fortunately, I am in Corvallis, OR this weekend visiting my dad on his 88th birthday, and there is a Volvo dealer in town.  I'm scheduled in their service dept tomorrow morning.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

A little rant -  If you read the car buying thread, my wife and I bought her a new(er) vehicle a few weeks ago.  It's a used 2017 Volvo XC60 SUV.  Nice car and she likes it a lot.  We bought it from a very reputable used car lot in town.  The only problem is that it only came with one remote key; we need two.  It must be purchased at a Volvo dealer, of course, and it must be paired with the car and other remote to make sure they work together.  The problem other than the $350 cost?  We have no Volvo dealer within 250 miles; Portland or Seattle.  Fortunately, I am in Corvallis, OR this weekend visiting my dad on his 88th birthday, and there is a Volvo dealer in town.  I'm scheduled in their service dept tomorrow morning.

Car dealers: they get you one way or another.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

As some of you may remember, I had to drop the tank in my truck because the top of the fuel pump rotted out.

Found over the weekend that my wifes Rav4 is leaking fuel now. However, further investigation revealed that it's not just the filler hose that needs replacing but the entire tank. It's leaking right where the filler hose connects to the tank and from what I can see it's the tank that's the issue because of rust...16 years in salty NE Ohio will do that.

Here's the rant part, why in the name of all that's holy couldn't Toyota have used a plastic tank like 95% of the manufacturers? Go ahead, use a metal tank that's prone to rust, what a fantastic idea!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Spent two days replacing the clutch in my car (getting the transmission off is a rant in itself) to fix a sound I was sure was a broken clutch (and it was absolutely frigged up, shavings everywhere and some loose parts). Put it all back together, fired it up and the sound is still there 🤬 in the next couple weeks gonna drop the tranny again and take it apart to replace the bearing(s) making the noise.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Common core is dumb!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

On 10/22/2018 at 8:21 AM, Canucklehead said:

Spent two days replacing the clutch in my car (getting the transmission off is a rant in itself) to fix a sound I was sure was a broken clutch (and it was absolutely frigged up, shavings everywhere and some loose parts). Put it all back together, fired it up and the sound is still there emoji34.png🤬 in the next couple weeks gonna drop the tranny again and take it apart to replace the bearing(s) making the noise.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

You are so lucky to be able to do that.

16 hours ago, GeekingGolf said:

Common core is dumb!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Absolutely! 2+2=4...easy, but lets use half a page to work it out using common core.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Close on my house Friday.

Somehow I went from making $5,600 to $245.

Only own the place for 4 years. But after the shite this guy pulled I am in the red on this sale now in a “sellers market”, so irritated that I told my realtor to make it so I don’t have it be at closing and have to look at that jackwagon.

Never again.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Only own the place for 4 years. But after the shite this guy pulled I am in the red on this sale now in a “sellers market”, so irritated that I told my realtor to make it so I don’t have it be at closing and have to look at that jackwagon.

Never again.

Ouch that hurts. Do we any any idea of your next assignment? 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Never again.

A sale ain’t final until you close. Walk away or renegotiate.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

A sale ain’t final until you close. Walk away or renegotiate.

I let my realtor know my “concerns”, honestly I just want it over with. I’ll take my $245 and take the kids out for ice cream.

Ready to close the book on this place.

I did find a few errors in their paperwork. Should be getting $1765 if my math is correct.

I let my realtor know my “concerns”, honestly I just want it over with. I’ll take my $245 and take the kids out for ice cream.

I did find a few errors in their paperwork. Should be getting $1765 if my math is correct.

When it comes to my money I double check everything doesn't matter who the source is.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Take full advantage of their mess up Alan.

Never again.

Sucks man... sorry for the experience. Some people just suck.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Take full advantage of their mess up Alan.

I got a little warm when talking to the realtor today. He won’t return my calls or emails. Oh well, he doesn’t care, still getting his commission.

He didn’t even take the pictures for the listing, or write the listing.... I did. So I am not really sure what he did.

If and when I buy/sell a house again I am NOT using an “agent”.

No offense to anyone in the real estate business. But it is a crock of crap if you ask me. 2 bad experiences.

28 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I got a little warm when talking to the realtor today. He won’t return my calls or emails. Oh well, he doesn’t care, still getting his commission.

He didn’t even take the pictures for the listing, or write the listing.... I did. So I am not really sure what he did.

If and when I buy/sell a house again I am NOT using an “agent”.

No offense to anyone in the real estate business. But it is a crock of crap if you ask me. 2 bad experiences.

I know, we are trying to sell our house right now, and have been through 3 realtors, and they are all useless. All they do is wait until someone clicks on the listing on Zillow. 

Might as well save the 5% and sell by owner.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

32 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Soon as I hit send on that he calls me... hmm you on here Mr. Realtor man?

Finally making it south, Alan??

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

I know, we are trying to sell our house right now, and have been through 3 realtors, and they are all useless. All they do is wait until someone clicks on the listing on Zillow. 

6%

I am sure there are some good ones out there.

Makes me want to get my real estate license and do it part time.

The problem in environments that are high demand/low supply is that some sales people tend to get lazy.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

10 hours ago, GB13 said:

I've bought and sold enough houses to know a good realtor from a bad one; and I've had my share of both.  If you find the right one they will earn their commission.  It's the ones that just sit in the office and don't return phone calls that I avoid.

Short story for you in that regard.  When we moved to Tallahassee and were looking for a house (circa 2011) my wife had a friend from college who was a known realtor here in town.  So we called him up, sat down with him and he did his little spiel while the wife and him reminisced over FSU days (FSU run this town, and you either are part of FSU or you aren't.  And if you aren't they don't know you in this town).  But for a realtor, taking buyers out to look at houses should be the easiest thing for you to do.  As a buyer I honestly wouldn't use a realtor, except for the fact that I need their MLS # to get into houses.  I can't open lockboxes without a realtor.  But when I want to see a house I want to see a house.  I don't want to wait until it's convenient for the realtor to do that.  My wife's friend decided that weekends were when he would show us houses.  What about Tuesday night there pal?  The process seemed like it was taking forever (I am impatient by nature anyway) so I called him up and got voicemail.  I asked him to give me a call when he got a chance.  3 days later he still hadn't called.  So I'm talking to my wife about this and tell her, "this guy is taking advantage of your past relationship, knowing we'll never fire him because you guys are old friends."  She goes, "what do you want to do?"  So I say, "it's Tuesday morning.  If he doesn't call by 10:00 am I'm firing him and going with someone else." (I already had someone in mind anyway)  Sure enough, 10:00 comes and goes, and no call.  So I call this other lady that I had seen signs for and actually met at one of her open houses.  As soon as I hang up with the lady my wife's friend calls.  I was quick and to the point with him, "we've decided to go with someone else."  I could tell he was pissed on the other end of the phone, but he was polite and left it at that.

My intuition was correct in firing him and going with someone else.  The lady was always available to show houses, no matter when we needed to, and she went out of her way to find us a house (it was a seller's market big time - still is here) that worked for us. The next time I need a realtor I'm calling her.  She was available whenever I needed her, and never complained about the schedule I put her on.  A buyer's realtor just has to be available.  It's the easiest job in the world.  Show up and open the flipping door, and let the buyer do their thing.  You're there at closing with all paperwork done, and you go down the checklist to make sure all the inspections and surveys are done, and that Title is done at closing.  How freaking hard can that be?

Now a seller's realtor is a whole other can of worms.  I've had a bunch of realtors who weren't worth a piss in selling a home, and then there were the shining few who stood out.  We had one lady in Fort Lauderdale who we hired after firing our first realtor.  We had a townhome that was on the market for at least 6 months, and our first realtor never showed the property.  I went with him because he was a customer at my business and the nicest guy in the world.  But nice guys finish last in selling a house.  I actually just drove around our neighborhood looking at houses and realtor signs and I kept seeing the same lady's signs for listings everywhere I went.  So I called her up, and it was the most amazing experience I ever had with a realtor.  As soon as I spoke to her she was like, "how soon can you get here, I'll get your house sold."  I drove over 5 minutes later and she had us sign a contract, and bluntly said, "I'll have your house sold within a month.  If your house isn't in showing shape yet, make sure it's ready for showings by next weekend, as I'll have at least 3 or 4 by then."  No BS and no games.  And she was true to her word.  I don't know where she found these people, and I honestly don't care, but she was in almost daily contact with us with updates.  I'd get phone calls from her all the time letting me know what she was up to and where we stood.  In fact, I don't think I called her once, because I always knew where we stood with selling the townhouse.  And this was pre internet days, so I'm sure things have changed since then.  But man this woman hustled.  She actually was so good that I used her at the same time we sold this townhome to buy a house in the same area.  Buying for her was the easy part, but she spent most of her time hustling to get our townhome sold.  But within a month she had a buyer, and then I had to turn around and buy a house, which turned out to be a challenge in our pricerange, but again, this lady was always available for showings, and if we wanted to see a property.  No BS, and just worked her tail off to make the sale.

I can tell you stories about the really bad ones too.  Selling our house in North Carolina was the ultimate nightmare.  My intuition failed me on finding a realtor to sell that property.  The guy I hired just assumed he'd take any offer, and I knew I was in trouble when he tells me about an offer that was $47,000 below listing price.  But he was a hustler as well, and worked hard.  The problem with North Carolina though, at least in Hickory, is that it's usually a buyer's market.  That town is really hard to sell a house in.  Well, it was that way back in 2011 anyway.  The worst part of this story is that we show up at closing, with a U-Haul in the parking lot on our way to Florida, and the closing lawyer says to me, "We don't have your check, we'll have to wire it to you."  And she also says, "this is the way we do closings."  And my realtor was basically double teaming with this lawyer and backed her up.  I was sort of screwed because I had a U-Haul in the parking lot and was already on my way to Florida, what was I supposed to say?  But in hindsight I should have not signed anything and told this dumbass lawyer that, "Um, no, we don't close the sale of a property with a certified check in my hands.  I've closed on about 8 houses now, and I always get a check when I leave this room.  If you can't do that today, then we don't have a deal, and we can wait until you show me the money."

But I am never able to think that quickly on my feet, which is why I just went along with stupid, and went to Florida, having to wait 24 hours for them to wire me the funds.  Pisses me off too, because they charged me the wiring fee.  I should have been on the phone screaming at them telling them to stick their wiring fee up their you know what, but I digress.

Well, anyway.  There's your realtor stories for you.  It's a seedy business that preys on honest people who need to sell a high end item that they have little to no experience in doing.  Most of them are worse than lawyers, in that they do very little work and are hoping for that high end commission to get them through the winter until the next fool comes along.

5 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Won’t know for a bit. Can’t get much further north so yes I suppose that is a safe bet to say.

Gotta be a duty station in Alaska, no?  😁

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

10 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Won’t know for a bit. Can’t get much further north so yes I suppose that is a safe bet to say.

Who do you work for, the CIA?  I'm surprised you didn't add the obligatory, "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you." line.  😉

5 minutes ago, strokerAce said:

Gotta be a duty station in Alaska, no?  😁

Bet there won't be much golfing there. 😫

Left Hand orientation