Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

16 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Just wanted to add my 2c worth on the discussion over peoples perception about negativity increasing on the forum.

I've been on quite a few Golf forums over the years, MGS is the ONLY forum I visit now due to the positive, friendly and courteous manner we all deal with each other, plus the site admin/mods respect for the individual and a set of excellent rules that are good to follow in real life as well as here.

My observation is that around the end of the golf season and winter setting in is usually the time theres less golf to talk about so people can focus on small things which can easily escalate.

I've seen it on other forums with appalling arguments. Theres only been a couple of instances here when the blue touchpaper was lit but it was handled well.

Winter is tough on us Golfers, if we huddle together for warmth and comfort we'll get thru it!  Then get back to booming drives, shaft and ball talk and all things good in Golf.

Winter only lasts a few months, animosity can last a lifetime.

That is such a great statement,  something I may steal liberally from if you don't mind! 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

4 minutes ago, PMookie said:

I’m gonna chime in here:
It’s a RANT thread.... It’s meant for being a place for folks to vent. I’m the guy that posts political and religious stuff on Facebook, and Twitter, never here, but I DO rant about crap I need to get off my chest. Not about folks here, but about work, home, aches and pains, could be golf related, etc.

In the happy, I’m the guy that posts stuff about my kids, family, golf, everything I’m proud of.

Let’s not start to put so many rules because 2-3 folks aren’t happy. There are 70,000+ members!!!! Good gracious, 2-3 unhappy folks is less than the % would normally be. This is where the Mods handle it! If folks think peeps aren’t going to moan after the PGA Show about how Mizuno/TM/Callaway etc have all launched MORE drivers/irons/putters etc, and that the one they just bought isn’t worth anything now, then that’s just silly, because they’re going to!

Come-on. We’re adults here. Let’s keep the threads positive even more by not complaining about the thread IN THE THREAD, and instead reach-out to a Mod and ask for some help, or ask them to look at something. I’ve done that and it worked GREAT!!!!

Best way to handle things is do it 1-on-1, behind the scenes, and just don’t react. It’s VERY hard, but it also decreases the negativity in the thread, and thereby squashes it.

Now THAT’S a rant!!!!!!!!!!

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Two great well expressed thoughts back to back.... and for the record, I don't keep clubs long enough to complain that they aren't worth what I paid 😁

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

3 hours ago, silver & black said:

If someone doesn't want to read non golf topics they have the option to skip right on by... no harm, no foul.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.  I don't participate in the Cigar Lounge forum because I dislike having to smell tobacco by-products out in public and particularly on the golf course.  But I did post a rant about burn marks on greens. 🤣

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

6 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

We think it's time for transition of this thread to a more positive atmosphere. This thread is now renamed to "Got Problems?" 

Keep Calm and Comment On

@GolfSpy STUDque ,  you have had an incredible influence on these forums.  MGS definitely got the right guy.  Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication to keeping this the best forum on the webs;  and striving to make it better.  This is just another of many examples.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

38 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Ah, the rant thread.  The perfect place to blow off steam.  I'm sure most members of the forum have stopped in from time to time to tell about a frustrating experience in their daily life and, judging by the post count, we've got a lot to complain about.  A thread like this is both good at bad. 

• Good because we can individually make ourselves feel better by releasing tension
  • Bad because we're taking that negative energy and distributing it to the forum membership

The MyGolfSpy forum is founded on good-natured discussion and information sharing.  It's a place for support and positive energy.  A big reason we support and will continue to support non-golf topics is because it allows each of us to make a deeper connection with our fellow golf fanatics that we may or may not ever interact with in the real world.  These are opportunities for us to discover the human behind the nuts and bolts golf talk.  The rant thread is one of the few places of negativity within MyGolfSpy and it's time to change that for the better.  Does that mean it's being snuffed out? No.  This thread has a deep history in the forum with many many examples of people helping people.  It's not all bad; but when it is, it's pretty dark.

We think it's time for transition of this thread to a more positive atmosphere. This thread is now renamed to "Got Problems?"  From this point forward, this thread will be a place where you can come to....rant about an issue you may be having; BUT ONLY IF you're seeking help from your fellow members.  This will no longer be the place to come to complain and moan about whatever may be troubling you if you're not interested in a solution.  Likewise, replies to these issue should be supportive in nature even if you don't have the solution.  This is not the argument thread and that negative energy has no place on this forum.  

This thread can continue to be non-golf.  As we restructure the sub-forums (slowly), there will be increased support for non-golf topics that will be separate from the rest of the GOLF topics.  Those who come here for golf, can remain in the golf domain and those that come here for everything, can experience everything

Keep Calm and Comment On

I like this new approach 👏

Could I suggest a new thread started with your post pinned to the top and/or delete the 245 pages of 'rants' in this thread?

A new approach like this deserves the cobwebs swept away from the old to make them a distant memory.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

1 minute ago, Shankster said:

I got 99 problems... emoji4.png

but you won't be 1

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Started my shift at the firehouse today like any other day. Cup of coffee (or 3), put on my uniform and check my rig. Checked the tools and took in the daily report.

We’re having PM work done in the basement on our boiler and the tech walks upstairs and says he thinks there is a problem. We took our gas meters downstairs and the air was heavy and thick. Meter shot right up and peak CO level was 405ppm.

A friendly reminder to each of you here. Outfit your home with working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. We mitigated the situation and all is well but for a moment it was not fun.

IMG_0657.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Custom seat covers are a pain in the butt to put on!! That is all

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Ha ha .. LOL'ing!!!!!! See..... they're totally *not* custom if they don't fit...

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

My rant/problem for today is my distaste for packing up stuff  for our winter hibernation.  Amazing how many little things need to get done.  I think the problem is we decide a launch date too far ahead and that starts this slow, seemingly never ending task.  I'd prefer to decide and go in a 2-3 day period.  My golf clubs and cart have been in the truck for over a week now. I realize this pales in comparison to installing custom seat covers, but just needed to vent and share my problem 😁.

My finished basement is L shaped with three distinct areas.

There's my screening room, my office/library, and my storage room.

The first two combine to form my "Man Cave."

The third is a flat out pain in the ass,

absolutely stuffed with things that should be thrown out if I were intelligent enough to do so.

The storage room is a disaster to begin with, but this weekend, I've got to stuff my deck furniture in it too.

I'm much too old for physical labor like that.

I wish that I could afford staff, but doesn't everybody?

Quick problem. Took the day off to work on the fire pit area today, nothing but rain. Can’t do what I planned, so I have to do prep work on the work I have planned for tomorrow. So it’s not a total waste of a day off, man I picked the wrong day. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Ok, I've got a problem.

I travel for a few days, come home to post about which way a toilet roll should be mounted and completely missed my chance! Ok, maybe not. I'm going to give it anyway...

On 11/6/2018 at 6:30 AM, perseveringgolfer said:

Ok- a big pet peeve of mine is toilet roll, over or under?

Under just breaks me out in a hot flush- over is the ONLY way 😋

I was over my entire life until I started living with two cats. When it's under, them batting at it is more likely to roll it back up than unroll it.

More seriously, reading the discussion and resulting change around the intent, purpose and behavior of this thread was a reminder of why I was drawn into these forums to begin with. Everyone has an off day, and it sometimes can negatively influence posts, but everyone here (generally) maintains a respectful tone and doesn't succumb to more crass reactions. We all share a common goal - learning, sharing information and dispelling misconceptions about the game of golf. Isn't it strange what happens when we act like reasonable people even with the anonymity granted by the internet. 

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day

So, my problem is that I took the clubs out of the car yesterday, and I'm looking out the window at snow falling. Let the long cold times begin, but let the warm fuzzy girlfriend cuddles begin too.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

48 minutes ago, bergtaur said:

So, my problem is that I took the clubs out of the car yesterday, and I'm looking out the window at snow falling. Let the long cold times begin, but let the warm fuzzy girlfriend cuddles begin too.

I'm with you.  My problem is my course closed for the year Tuesday.  We got a couple inches of snow last night and it's snowing again right now.  #wintersucks

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

5F46FD51-D9F1-4ACE-9AFF-CEDEBA76EDA8.jpeghave had this one and off for last 3 weeks.Now it is a solid layer of frozen yuck under it.Im actually one who does love the snow but not heavy ice like this am.Any course that is worth its salt won’t open until mid April if lucky.Perfect time for that transformation cross fit gym I joined.The $1500 for all winter lessons for 6 months is actually a superb investment.And highly recommend all coach potatoes on here start attending a gym as well.Going 5 - 6 days a week is optimal 

Keep it in the short stuff

31 minutes ago, hckymeyer said:

I'm with you.  My problem is my course closed for the year Tuesday.  We got a couple inches of snow last night and it's snowing again right now.  #wintersucks

I have to say that if we spent winters here, I would definitely invest in a quality LM system.  I'd go bat-stuff crazy otherwise.

44 minutes ago, hckymeyer said:

So Meyer, our courses closed a week ago because of the amount of rain CNY has been getting plus the impending cold snap to make sure less damage was done. I only think it's supposed to be wintery mix to maybe 2-4 inches this weekend, so not a huge event, but we really didn't even get fall here because of the crap weather, which sucked.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I have a problem. 

what happened to the Thanks  option that was with the like icon?

😁

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

4 hours ago, bergtaur said:

So Meyer, our courses closed a week ago because of the amount of rain CNY has been getting plus the impending cold snap to make sure less damage was done. I only think it's supposed to be wintery mix to maybe 2-4 inches this weekend, so not a huge event, but we really didn't even get fall here because of the crap weather, which sucked.

I say we have a road trip to Florida and crash at Fozcycle's pad and go nuts golfing with his Cobra's. 

🤪🤪

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

So this isn't a problem its more of a question. Why do we not make idiots, people, take mandatory classes on driving in snow north of the Mason dixon line?

We prefer the darwin school of driving.  Eventually they weed themselves out.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

So this isn't a problem its more of a question. Why do we not make idiots, people, take mandatory classes on driving in snow north of the Mason dixon line?

I swear every winter it's the same thing - people forget how to drive in this crap and the first snow is like armageddon.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I hear you about the snow. I don't understand why people think that just because they have a 4WD they can drive like it's the middle of summer...I see you in a ditch or in the centre divider buddy!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!