TESTERS WANTED! ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

Sorry to hear that Alan. Lost my Dad to pretty much the same thing at 53.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

This the rant thread?

Anyways, I just lost my uncle yesterday to a heart attack at 59 years old. Please take care of yourselves ladies and gentlemen. Get your check ups.

Sorry man, way too young.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

So, as you guys know I've been trying to find a solid lawyer job since passing the bar, one that affords me some stability and allows me a way to give back and develop skills to be more impactful as an attorney in the future and potentially land in a leadership role. 

The problem is that I still think I can get through the door on personality and want-too, but the fact I took 5 times to pass the bar exam and wasn't the best student is, I believe, killing my hopes, even in these situations where they're just hiring kids out of law school to fill positions and I've been doing represented work for nearly 6 months now.

So, my question to MGS is this, what do I need to do to give myself a better shot at landing one of these jobs, or is it better to bet on myself and work assigned and retained cases in my smallish community and carve my niche there?

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

3 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

So, as you guys know I've been trying to find a solid lawyer job since passing the bar, one that affords me some stability and allows me a way to give back and develop skills to be more impactful as an attorney in the future and potentially land in a leadership role. 

The problem is that I still think I can get through the door on personality and want-too, but the fact I took 5 times to pass the bar exam and wasn't the best student is, I believe, killing my hopes, even in these situations where they're just hiring kids out of law school to fill positions and I've been doing represented work for nearly 6 months now.

So, my question to MGS is this, what do I need to do to give myself a better shot at landing one of these jobs, or is it better to bet on myself and work assigned and retained cases in my smallish community and carve my niche there?

Have you thought about seeking out a mentor who is an attorney that can help you? I've found, especially the higher you go in an organization,  that jobs get filled because of relationships. So finding someone who can help you open doors might be the answer for you, or at the very least tell you if your goals are realistic. . 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

10 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Have you thought about seeking out a mentor who is an attorney that can help you? I've found, especially the higher you go in an organization,  that jobs get filled because of relationships. So finding someone who can help you open doors might be the answer for you, or at the very least tell you if your goals are realistic. . 

Funny you ask Tony, my current boss, who I cover cases for and do her ticket files for, is a former District Attorney in my county and knows everyone cuz she's been here for a while. It's helped me get in the doors and have chances, but so far nothing else. I'm just trying to get some basic county work to help out the community that gave me shots and make a decent living here, nothing more, nothing less. 

Wondering something else, my political alignment doesn't match up with the majority of the county and those in positions, I'm sure that's not helping matters either. 

The flipside to this is that there are like 2 or 3 lawyers my age in the whole of the county, and everyone else is aging out or retiring. If I hold on, there's a real opportunity to make it work, especially as the only real young male attorney in the county. And as a county without a true Public Defender's office, which would be the work I'd like to to, being an assigned counsel attorney is the only way for me to scratch that particular itch.

Just kinda at a crossroads I guess because whatever choice I make is going to color the next few years and I don't wanna choose wrong.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Funny you ask Tony, my current boss, who I cover cases for and do her ticket files for, is a former District Attorney in my county and knows everyone cuz she's been here for a while. It's helped me get in the doors and have chances, but so far nothing else. I'm just trying to get some basic county work to help out the community that gave me shots and make a decent living here, nothing more, nothing less. 
Wondering something else, my political alignment doesn't match up with the majority of the county and those in positions, I'm sure that's not helping matters either. 
The flipside to this is that there are like 2 or 3 lawyers my age in the whole of the county, and everyone else is aging out or retiring. If I hold on, there's a real opportunity to make it work, especially as the only real young male attorney in the county. And as a county without a true Public Defender's office, which would be the work I'd like to to, being an assigned counsel attorney is the only way for me to scratch that particular itch.
Just kinda at a crossroads I guess because whatever choice I make is going to color the next few years and I don't wanna choose wrong.

How about a direct conversation with her about your goals and ambitions and flat out ask for her help.

Alternatively aligning yourself with one of the retiring attorneys may help as well.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

23 hours ago, Shankster said:

This the rant thread?

Anyways, I just lost my uncle yesterday to a heart attack at 59 years old. Please take care of yourselves ladies and gentlemen. Get your check ups.

Sorry to hear about you uncle Alan.  59 is way to young.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Must be something about this time of the year.  My wife got a call from the Sacred Heart Hospital in Spokane this morning.  Her sister was in the ER; found not breathing and no pulse.  She was revived but they don't know how long she was without oxygen.  She is 67.  We made a fast 2 hour trip.  I hate sitting in hospitals.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

What a shocker Kenny. Hope things improve for her.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Must be something about this time of the year.  My wife got a call from the Sacred Heart Hospital in Spokane this morning.  Her sister was in the ER; found not breathing and no pulse.  She was revived but they don't know how long she was without oxygen.  She is 67.  We made a fast 2 hour trip.  I hate sitting in hospitals.

Kenny sorry to hear that. Hopefully she is ok..

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Yikes..... :(

Hope she pulls through and hope Martha is doing ok..?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

12 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Oh geez, sorry to hear about this Kenny.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

A rock hit the windshield of my rental yesterday. Ugh. Can’t wait to see the claim on this!
56640468462__E67DFCF8-6197-4054-B809-C92DCEF606C8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Wow, another tough one for MGS friends. Praying as well for you and your family

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Listening to health issues chatter.  One of the things my wife and I are noticing more and more as early retiree's spending winters in a Yuma, AZ 55+ community.  Oh, yeah, we know we'll be part of that before too long, but it is pretty amazing just how prevalent those discussions are 😲

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

A rock hit the windshield of my rental yesterday. Ugh. Can’t wait to see the claim on this!
56640468462__E67DFCF8-6197-4054-B809-C92DCEF606C8.thumb.jpg.ede97e9437ab5c9a57108faa8b55b7e8.jpg

Car insurance won’t pick up the tab for fix/replace?

Rick

Left Hand, 

Kenny
Hope it turns out OK for her and your family.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Car insurance won’t pick up the tab for fix/replace?

Turns out, National said since it’s smaller than a quarter, I’m all good

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

On 12/12/2018 at 3:34 PM, PlaidJacket said:

What a shocker Kenny. Hope things improve for her.

On 12/12/2018 at 3:53 PM, tony@CIC said:

Kenny sorry to hear that. Hopefully she is ok..

On 12/12/2018 at 7:42 PM, cksurfdude said:

Yikes..... 😞

Hope she pulls through and hope Martha is doing ok..?

On 12/13/2018 at 4:15 AM, MattF said:

Oh geez, sorry to hear about this Kenny.

On 12/13/2018 at 9:37 AM, kardboard.kid said:

Wow, another tough one for MGS friends. Praying as well for you and your family

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

10 hours ago, Rickp said:

Kenny
Hope it turns out OK for her and your family.

Thanks guys!  Martha is holding up well.  Her sister has had health issues for several years, so this was not totally unexpected.  Her sister lives alone and called 911;  the paramedics got there in 5 minutes, but it took 15 minutes to revive her.  Of course they don't know if she was out for the whole 5 minutes or not, but it doesn't look good.  They think it was a heart attack, and she has COPD.  They won't know about her brain function for another few days.  She is right at her family's "Sell by" date age-wise.  Makes me worry even more about Martha who is 4 years younger.

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Thanks guys!  Martha is holding up well.  Her sister has had health issues for several years, so this was not totally unexpected.  Her sister lives alone and called 911;  the paramedics got there in 5 minutes, but it took 15 minutes to revive her.  Of course they don't know if she was out for the whole 5 minutes or not, but it doesn't look good.  They think it was a heart attack, and she has COPD.  They won't know about her brain function for another few days.  She is right at her family's "Sell by" date age-wise.  Makes me worry even more about Martha who is 4 years younger.

Everyone has some genetics from family saying their heart is better than another. I've seen people who were 102 and still driving then their kids never made it past 50. You can't use the family thing as a written in stone thing. Keep your wife active and take good care of yourselves and you can make it past other in the family.

8 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Everyone has some genetics from family saying their heart is better than another. I've seen people who were 102 and still driving then their kids never made it past 50. You can't use the family thing as a written in stone thing. Keep your wife active and take good care of yourselves and you can make it past other in the family.

Thanks, but the "sell by" date is her term for her family.  She says they have good hearts, just not strong hearts.  Her family doesn't do strokes; only heart attacks.  Grandparents died in their late 40's. Her mom and dad passed away at 67 and 66.  Her oldest brother had a triple bypass and died at 67; next oldest brother died at 63; her third oldest brother is 70 living in Seattle with 4 stents; her 4th oldest brother is 69, has "died" twice, has 8 stents and pacemaker/defibrillator embedded; her youngest brother died at 59 in his sleep.

Yes, I worry.  After seeing her sister this week, my wife who said she would never get a tattoo, said she thought about getting "DNR" tattooed on her wrist.

8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Thanks, but the "sell by" date is her term for her family.  She says they have good hearts, just not strong hearts.  Her family doesn't do strokes; only heart attacks.  Grandparents died in their late 40's. Her mom and dad passed away at 67 and 66.  Her oldest brother had a triple bypass and died at 67; next oldest brother died at 63; her third oldest brother is 70 living in Seattle with 4 stents; her 4th oldest brother is 69, has "died" twice, has 8 stents and pacemaker/defibrillator embedded; her youngest brother died at 59 in his sleep.

Yes, I worry.  After seeing her sister this week, my wife who said she would never get a tattoo, said she thought about getting "DNR" tattooed on her wrist.

Kenny for your sake and hers I hope she surpasses that date. DNR and things like living wills should be something people talk about at some point with their families if you have medical conditions. As a paramedic it's helpful and even then it needs to be seen to be followed, at least where I live.

Can a mod or admin delete these chinese symbol posts

10 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I think this is something that every family seems to discuss.  My father (due to non family related circumstances) died at 79 while his mother passed away a few months ago at 106.  Other family members on my fathers side lived well into their 90s and 100s.   My mothers family all passed in their 50s and 60s and she is now 83.   Genetics play a part,  but we can't dwell on genetics since we are all individual people.   It is normal to worry and I am sure she is worrying herself;  all I can say is try to enjoy life to its fullest,  we never know when it is our time.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

This the rant thread?

Oh so sorry to hear that Alan. My exact age. That hit home a bit.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Sorry to hear Kenny. Hope she is doing better.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Top 7 places on my list are gone... not good. Expecting the “phone call” next week.

Keep the faith, things have a way of working out for the best, just takes time.
Good luck Bud

Rick

Left Hand, 

IMG_4592.JPG

Had a nice little run in with a deer on my way to work. I’m fine but the bumper has a nice hole in it. Off to the body shop tomorrow to see what the $$$ will be.

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

In the scheme of things that minor when you run into a deer. I've seen cars totaled as a result.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

IMG_4592.thumb.JPG.cc430b5777fe13a621e83c72746fbbdb.JPG

Had a nice little run in with a deer on my way to work. I’m fine but the bumper has a nice hole in it. Off to the body shop tomorrow to see what the $$$ will be.

You’re lucky, they can total the car and even fatalities, deer and driver.

In the scheme of things that minor when you run into a deer. I've seen cars totaled as a result.

Oops, just saw this. Almost exact comment.

Rick

Left Hand,