Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

Prayers for a quick and successful recovery for you and the wife.   I heard that rotator cuff surgery is a tough recovery.  Getting old ain't for sissies. 

Yup,sure isn’t.
Was worried about SWMBO. When Doc said “possible sepsis” got my attention in a hurry. Once we get past her blood clot possibly then we’re good for awhile.
My knee can wait. Gkids coming down to FL in April and we’re not going to mess that up.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Yup,sure isn’t.
Was worried about SWMBO. When Doc said “possible sepsis” got my attention in a hurry. Once we get past her blood clot possibly then we’re good for awhile.
My knee can wait. Gkids coming down to FL in April and we’re not going to mess that up.

Thoughts and prayers for a full recovery Rickp, injury and illness is a terrible thing, take care my friend.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

I’ve been MIA for a while but hope to be participating again soon.
I’ll try to be brief but know I won’t.
Tore rotator cuff (complete tear) and labrum last year so no golf since 12/10.
Surgery performed 2/4 and seems to be successful.
Unfortunately SWMBO took ill with a severe kidney infection and was hospitalized for almost a week with pneumonia topping it off.
We found out that some procedures she had in December/January were “botched” and she’s on medication and closely watched for blood clots.
My knee replacement that was supposed to happen this Spring is on hold and will probably do Supartz for now, not in a rush for any hospitals right now.
I start PT this coming week and hope to be playing by May.

We have a couple more issues with close friends (cancer) and that’s been tough on SWMBO.

Anyway enough of my sad story but hope to be around a bit more this Spring & Summer.

Wow, hard to take the bad life deals, good to see you're in a better place. Thoughts and prayers are with you

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Anyone on here dealing with Crohn’s or IBS? Im curious about diets that help. My situation gets worse every year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

2 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Anyone on here dealing with Crohn’s or IBS? Im curious about diets that help. My situation gets worse every year...

Talk to @jlukes

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

On 3/17/2019 at 7:09 AM, Rickp said:

I’ve been MIA for a while but hope to be participating again soon.
I’ll try to be brief but know I won’t.
Tore rotator cuff (complete tear) and labrum last year so no golf since 12/10.
Surgery performed 2/4 and seems to be successful.
Unfortunately SWMBO took ill with a severe kidney infection and was hospitalized for almost a week with pneumonia topping it off.
We found out that some procedures she had in December/January were “botched” and she’s on medication and closely watched for blood clots.
My knee replacement that was supposed to happen this Spring is on hold and will probably do Supartz for now, not in a rush for any hospitals right now.
I start PT this coming week and hope to be playing by May.

We have a couple more issues with close friends (cancer) and that’s been tough on SWMBO.

Anyway enough of my sad story but hope to be around a bit more this Spring & Summer.

That's tough for both you and your wife.  I pray she gets better soon.  You take it easy too; she needs you now.  Keep us posted.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Jlukes can help

Rick

Left Hand, 

Is the entire country of Mexico on siesta since 3/23? Got UPS shipping notification from Callaway that my package is waiting to be picked up by UPS and it hasn't MOVED SINCE. THE A G O N Y

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Is the entire country of Mexico on siesta since 3/23? Got UPS shipping notification from Callaway that my package is waiting to be picked up by UPS and it hasn't MOVED SINCE. THE A G O N Y

That's when they printed the shipping label. So often I get the alert, doesn't matter if it's USPS, UPS, etc. that my package has shipped but when I go to track it's awaiting pickup. Wish these package movers wouldn't send you an alert until it's finally on the truck and left the facility.

Btw 3/23 - Saturday and it's Mexico.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

17 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Wish these package movers wouldn't send you an alert until it's finally on the truck and left the facility.

Especially when you know it is something good, like golf clubs. The wait can be excruciating. 

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

The notice I hate is the "out for delivery" that you get first thing in the morning, knowing that UPS doesn't deliver to the house until around 4 PM  🙂 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I have the worst luck with ordering drivers and them coming with the correct shaft 😞

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

• 3 weeks later...
I’ve got a serious problem. I called a golf course a hour south of me and was told they aren’t opening till MAY 10th!!!!!!

That’s darn near half the year already. What the crap!

I thought you were moving out of the tundra?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

I’ve got a serious problem. I called a golf course a hour south of me and was told they aren’t opening till MAY 10th!!!!!!

That’s darn near half the year already. What the crap!

sucks to be you, eh?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Aye! Sure does. Soon....

Just bustin' your chops, mate.  The weather here is getting prime and I have to put golf on the back burner to replace the knee and do the recovery.  By the time I'm ready to get back on the course, it's going to be hot (which won't stop me, but I sure will miss the gorgeous Spring).

Holy allergy season. Has not been this bad for me in a decade. I can deal with everything but the constant headache that I am getting these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Just bustin' your chops, mate.  The weather here is getting prime and I have to put golf on the back burner to replace the knee and do the recovery.  By the time I'm ready to get back on the course, it's going to be hot (which won't stop me, but I sure will miss the gorgeous Spring).

All good. Not sure what the hold up is. It’s been rather warm considering, but the snow is not melting. Probably just to tick me off.

50’s next week. Rain tonight... something’s got to give.

Get that knee fixed up.... I’m probably next on that list this coming winter if I can hold out.

Aye! Sure does. Soon....

It won’t be long B4 your in golf heaven.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Holy allergy season. Has not been this bad for me in a decade. I can deal with everything but the constant headache that I am getting these days.

Not looking forward to that upcoming. I’ll get the late spring fun stuff here, then some all new fun stuff all summer.

Don’t remember having allergies as a kid. Makes me not like trees, flowers, and everything else even less...

Not looking forward to that upcoming. I’ll get the late spring fun stuff here, then some all new fun stuff all summer.

Don’t remember having allergies as a kid. Makes me not like trees, flowers, and everything else even less...

I have had them all my life. My wife started with them last year when she turned 40 years old. She is suffering worse than I am.

WITB 2024

I have had them all my life. My wife started with them last year when she turned 40 years old. She is suffering worse than I am.

I’ve mentioned this Before, I had terrible allergies all my life living in CT. Moving to FL was even worse but last few years using a prescription nail spray symptoms have lessened. Doc figured combo of getting older and that particular medication has been the reason of my improvement. Allergies are still a concern but not as overwhelming as years ago.
Hope you guys can find a way to lessen your allergies, they suck.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Carl,

Had my knee replacement back in November, I’m 5 months into my recovery. As you might guess there’s good news and not so good news.

The good news is I can walk again without much pain, very little in fact. I was able to play 9 in late January and was shocked to notice I could make a full body turn without any pain. Woot!

Today I can easily walk 9 holes. Need to build up my endurance but it’s been a long winter, limiting my walks around the neighborhood. I’ll get there.

The not so good news? The knee is still a little swollen and stiff. My ortho guy says it takes 6 months to a year before that should go away.

I’m impatient and have a tendency to grumble about it. I’m working on being happy for what I have (which is good enough) instead of being the grumbling guy

Follow your PT guys advice, stretching the boundaries a bit when you can. Try not to overdo too much though, you’ll be sore afterwards and lose a day.

Good luck!

14 minutes ago, toehold57 said:

Carl,

Had my knee replacement back in November, I’m 5 months into my recovery. As you might guess there’s good news and not so good news.

The good news is I can walk again without much pain, very little in fact. I was able to play 9 in late January and was shocked to notice I could make a full body turn without any pain. Woot!

Today I can easily walk 9 holes. Need to build up my endurance but it’s been a long winter, limiting my walks around the neighborhood. I’ll get there.

The not so good news? The knee is still a little swollen and stiff. My ortho guy says it takes 6 months to a year before that should go away.

I’m impatient and have a tendency to grumble about it. I’m working on being happy for what I have (which is good enough) instead of being the grumbling guy emoji19.png

Follow your PT guys advice, stretching the boundaries a bit when you can. Try not to overdo too much though, you’ll be sore afterwards and lose a day.

Good luck!

Thanks.  This is actually my 2nd knee replacement.  The left was done 4 years ago and now the right is in need of replacement.   My replaced knee still gives me issues a bit -- not pain, but there's scar tissue,  tingling nerves as they try to regenerate, still uncomfortable to kneel on, etc.  As I've been limping, I've put more pressure on the other leg, so it's a bit more uncomfortable than normal...that and my right ankle has taken a beating from the limping (I was too stubborn to give up playing golf and walked (limped) through the pain). I seem to recall playing about 6 weeks after surgery last time and was putting and chipping about 4 weeks following surgery.  My PT guy pushes me hard and I know that it only speeds the process by pushing through the pain.   

Actually, I don't feel pain during play and can make a full swing.  It's walking to the ball that's killing me.  Oh well,  in a week and half is the surgery and I'm more than ready for it.

Thanks again.

10 hours ago, Rickp said:

I’ve mentioned this Before, I had terrible allergies all my life living in CT. Moving to FL was even worse but last few years using a prescription nail spray symptoms have lessened. Doc figured combo of getting older and that particular medication has been the reason of my improvement. Allergies are still a concern but not as overwhelming as years ago.
Hope you guys can find a way to lessen your allergies, they suck.

My daughter and I started doubling up on Zyrtec and Flonase last year at the recommendation of our family physician.  Best advice I believe I have ever received! 

Still have a day here and there when things get "cloudy" but I'm not walking around in a perpetual "fog" for 3 months a year anymore.

On 4/18/2019 at 7:34 AM, sixcat said:

My daughter and I started doubling up on Zyrtec and Flonase last year at the recommendation of our family physician.  Best advice I believe I have ever received! 

Still have a day here and there when things get "cloudy" but I'm not walking around in a perpetual "fog" for 3 months a year anymore.

I never had any allergies until about 4 years after moving to the Midwest. About 15 years ago I went through the effort to get the desensitization shots - the allergist warned me I might see no relief, 100% relief, but likely somewhere in the middle. I would say I was as close to 100% relief as possible - I got to the point where I didn't even need any meds, but my schedule made me miss my periodic boosters, so now I might sneeze a bit or get some mildly itchy eyes occasionally, but nothing that makes me miserable and cannot be managed with eye drops and flonase.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I keep my Claritin in a Pez dispenser these days. This year has been brutal for me and my wife.

WITB 2024

Not really a problem but more of a frustration with myself.  My family had convinced me that this would be the year to give the US Open qualifying another go.  As much as I tried to get ready to play I decided last night that I am just not there or in any form to even tee it up.  Some of the lack of preparation is work related and some is just me not doing what I should have done coupled with a lot of self doubt. I have played exactly one round at my club and three rounds at Pinehurst this year and don't see myself playing enough in the next few weeks that would change my mind.  Frustrated that I feel like I let my kids down a bit as they just wanted to see me play some sport at a high level, all they have ever seen is some old video and press clippings from when I was an athlete at one point in my life.

WITB 2024