Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

Found some water damage from yesterday’s storm today.  Completely ruined our TV stand and carpet.  The water was not that high, and I cannot tell where it came from.  Thank goodness for insurance, might be worse than what it looks.

Sorry to hear. Generally there's lots of unseen damage (I.e. Mold), so be fussy with the insurance adjuster.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Not devastating but annoying. Came home from vacation to no internet and won’t have the web or TV until Monday. Guess I will be at the bar watching golf, oh wait never mind. Hope I can get it on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Found out last night that our fridge is on it's way out...we're now looking at around $2500 for a replacement.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

57 minutes ago, MattF said:

Found out last night that our fridge is on it's way out...we're now looking at around $2500 for a replacement.

Appliances are insane but even the lower end stuff (we have this upstairs, my beer fridge is the nice one 😂) are in the 1000$ realm. Good luck choosing one out!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

And the $2,500 isn’t a top end either!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 hours ago, MattF said:

Ouch - crazy how expensive appliances have become and the backorders. We bought a new washer and dryer (U.S. brand) and had to wait a month for them to come in. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Woke up this morning around 4:30 with neck and shoulder pain so bad I had to wake my wife up to help me out of bed.  It has subsided a little, but this is terrible timing.  I have to finish a paper today and I can’t bend my neck to look at the computer screen...

If it doesn’t go away by bed time, I guess I’ll be visiting the doctor tomorrow.

8 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Appliances are insane but even the lower end stuff (we have this upstairs, my beer fridge is the nice one 😂) are in the 1000$ realm. Good luck choosing one out!

👍

8 hours ago, Rickp said:

And the $2,500 isn’t a top end either!

No it's not.

7 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Ouch. Sorry to hear about that, it's crazy how expensive some of those are. I hope you can find one that'll last you a  long time.

This one is a Kenmore Elite (in reality it's an LG) and it's 14 years old...we've been in the house 13 years.

6 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Ouch - crazy how expensive appliances have become and the backorders. We bought a new washer and dryer (U.S. brand) and had to wait a month for them to come in. 

We're getting an LG from the Lowes that I used to work at, but it'll be about a week to get from what I can tell. Unfortunately, we need it now so we have to get a "stainless steel" one. If we really wanted a white one like the rest of the appliances, we'd be waiting until the beginning of October.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

7 hours ago, Shankster said:

Woke up this morning around 4:30 with neck and shoulder pain so bad I had to wake my wife up to help me out of bed.  It has subsided a little, but this is terrible timing.  I have to finish a paper today and I can’t bend my neck to look at the computer screen...

If it doesn’t go away by bed time, I guess I’ll be visiting the doctor tomorrow.

Much better now.  But that was more painful than my shoulder surgery.  What was even more painful is when I decided it was a good idea to go hit some wedge shots, last named a few... not a good idea to swing with a stiff neck.

Fell getting out of bed last night (a combination of a few drinks and a dog where she should not have been).

Hit my head hard on the end table.

I got up and went to work but really had a nasty headache by noon. It was then that I realized that I had a nasty knot on my temple. Went to the walk in clinic, they sent me to the ER for a CT scan.

Nothing serious but the doctor believes that I have a concussion. My wife told me that I was definitely knocked out.

So a couple of days of bed rest for me. I’m on some pretty good meds - at least my head and neck have stopped hurting

Get better soon. Concussions are no joke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

5 minutes ago, revkev said:

Fell getting out of bed last night (a combination of a few drinks and a dog where she should not have been).

I got up and went to work but really had a nasty headache by noon. It was then that I realized that I had a nasty knot on my temple. Went to the walk in clinic, they sent me to the ER for a CT scan.

Nothing serious but the doctor believes that I have a concussion. My wife told me that I was definitely knocked out.

So a couple of days of bed rest for me. I’m on some pretty good meds - at least my head and neck have stopped hurting

Sorry to hear about that. I hope you feel better soon. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

4 minutes ago, revkev said:

Wow!  Sorry to hear that.  Get plenty of rest, and keep us posted.

At our age... Don't be a statistic!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

9 minutes ago, revkev said:

Get well soon

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

13 minutes ago, revkev said:

Ouch Rev. That's no good. I hope you heal up quickly. I've had a few concussions (cross checked in hockey and kicked in the head at a concert) and they're no joke. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Not good, be careful. Take some time to heal properly.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Much better now.  But that was more painful than my shoulder surgery.  What was even more painful is when I decided it was a good idea to go hit some wedge shots, last named a few... not a good idea to swing with a stiff neck.

Take care Grasshopper!

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, revkev said:

Sleep will help you recover don't push it too hard that can make them last longer. Listen to your body

10 hours ago, revkev said:

Ow, hope you're feeling better soon.

In the bag:

Bag: 

On 8/9/2020 at 10:58 PM, MattF said:

Welcome to my world. Had to replace washing machine, oven and fridge over about 2 months earlier this year. At least I'm really happy with the fridge and oven, and the washing machine seems to still automatically get my clothes clean.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

11 hours ago, revkev said:

No good Kev, take it easy and as @tommc23 said, listen to your body. Waiting an extra day or 2 to get back into things can only be a good thing.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

18 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Wow!  Sorry to hear that.  Get plenty of rest, and keep us posted.

At our age... Don't be a statistic!

Wow thanks to everyone for the well wishes and good advice.  Still feeling it today for certain.  Kenny, I went to the ER yesterday for just that reason.  I've heard of a few people who have fallen, bumped their head, thought they were okay and then died two days later from brain swelling or have had significant lingering impacts from this sort of fall.  As soon as I started feeling weird and noticed how big the knot was on my temple, I went.  As I was being discharged my nurse told me that they had a woman there a few months earlier who came in too late. 

I will just take my time - did a quick video and a virtual meeting earlier - will only do virtual on Weds and off on Thursday.  Hopefully I'm back at it on Friday but if not at least for Sunday.  (I'm not preaching this weekend which is good.)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

20 minutes ago, revkev said:

Wow thanks to everyone for the well wishes and good advice.  Still feeling it today for certain.  Kenny, I went to the ER yesterday for just that reason.  I've heard of a few people who have fallen, bumped their head, thought they were okay and then died two days later from brain swelling or have had significant lingering impacts from this sort of fall.  As soon as I started feeling weird and noticed how big the knot was on my temple, I went.  As I was being discharged my nurse told me that they had a woman there a few months earlier who came in too late. 

I will just take my time - did a quick video and a virtual meeting earlier - will only do virtual on Weds and off on Thursday.  Hopefully I'm back at it on Friday but if not at least for Sunday.  (I'm not preaching this weekend which is good.)

I'm glad you went in, Rev. My grandpa suffered a stroke a few years back and thought he just drank too much. He recovered but it did have some lasting effects and ultimately ended his golf career, and it might not have if he had gone to the ER like everyone told him to. Glad you're not as stubborn as him! Get well soon!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

My FIL went backwards over a chair while I was there this afternoon working on their verandah...a bit of blood, but my MIL is keeping an eagle eye on him. I told her that if he says he's feeling funny just grab the pillow and as she's putting it over his face say "you're time has come old man". 😂

In the bag:

Bag: 

4 hours ago, MattF said:

My FIL went backwards over a chair while I was there this afternoon working on their verandah...a bit of blood, but my MIL is keeping an eagle eye on him. I told her that if he says he's feeling funny just grab the pillow and as she's putting it over his face say "you're time has come old man". 😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Covid is part of my problem.  The two closest fitters to me are both in areas with higher infection rates.  The other part?  I tried my friend's irons at the range this morning and on paper I should not be able to do squat with them.  I play game improvement irons and he plays player's cavity backs.  I'm also still fairly new to golf at 1 year and 4 months of off and on experience.  I now desperately want to go to fitter, but Covid is not worth the answers to my questions.

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

1 hour ago, AmishJason said:

Covid is part of my problem.  The two closest fitters to me are both in areas with higher infection rates.  The other part?  I tried my friend's irons at the range this morning and on paper I should not be able to do squat with them.  I play game improvement irons and he plays player's cavity backs.  I'm also still fairly new to golf at 1 year and 4 months of off and on experience.  I now desperately want to go to fitter, but Covid is not worth the answers to my questions.

Honestly most fitters are probably seeing less people right now which should help ease your concerns. Call one and ask them what they are doing to help lower the risk if you're concerned. 

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

Honestly most fitters are probably seeing less people right now which should help ease your concerns. Call one and ask them what they are doing to help lower the risk if you're concerned. 

Arkansas Golf Center recently shared that they are booked for several weeks.  Fittings and lessons count towards their 80 weekly openings.  I was pretty surprised with the way things are these days.  

Mostly it's just a personal concern of mine.  None of my friends have caught it and no one at my job or my wife's job have tested positive, so I don't want to end up being the one who gets it and spreads it.  

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour