Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

You're not going to believe this, but we had to replace the dryer yesterday. Chanin went to dry some stuff on Thursday and heard a pop. Opened the dryer door and smelled smoke. I looked at it Thursday night and the motor ran but the drum didn't move. So, I went to Lowe's yesterday after we got back from our weekend in Pittsburgh and got a Maytag, wired it up and it's all good.

$3200 in appliances in about 10 days.

Your lucky to get appliances. There’s been a shortage of major appliances in this area.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

5 hours ago, Rickp said:

Your lucky to get appliances. There’s been a shortage of major appliances in this area.

I was certainly lucky with the fridge, but I made sure they had the dryer in stock...they had 9 of them.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Recently we both both washer and dryer - had to wait a month. But Lowe's did deliver on the expected date.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Recently we both both washer and dryer - had to wait a month. But Lowe's did deliver on the expected date.

Our dryer died Lowe’s couldn’t get us ANY, Home Depot came through in a week delivery.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Our dryer died Lowe’s couldn’t get us ANY, Home Depot came through in a week delivery.

My wife is very particular so the readily available stuff generally doesn't suit her. And as long as she's doing the laundry.........

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I was trying not to read all these post in fear of putting the jinx on myself. Well I was reading yesterday and now it happened. Went to work as usual. About 30 minutes into the day I got a text from my wife that the over the range microwave died.  Then an hour later got called into a meeting and was informed a coworker tested positive for the Corona virus. Of course one of the two that I have lunch with every day. So off for testing in the afternoon . Luckily my test came back negative. Now I can focus on removing and replacing the microwave.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

10 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I was trying not to read all these post in fear of putting the jinx on myself. Well I was reading yesterday and now it happened. Went to work as usual. About 30 minutes into the day I got a text from my wife that the over the range microwave died.  Then an hour later got called into a meeting and was informed a coworker tested positive for the Corona virus. Of course one of the two that I have lunch with every day. So off for testing in the afternoon . Luckily my test came back negative. Now I can focus on removing and replacing the microwave.

Good luck on both accounts 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

20 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I'm glad your test was clear. 

I hope the microwave replacement turned out well. 

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

3 hours ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

I'm glad your test was clear. 

I hope the microwave replacement turned out well. 

Picked up the microwave today and installed it after work. I don't know why they all don't use the same universal mount. Pain in the butt but its in and already in use.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I don't know who has the voodoo doll, but when I find out who decided that my back wasn't bad enough and did a bit of doctoring, I'll kill em! Can't explain it, did my 2.5 mile walk this morning, got on the inversion table, like I do every single morning and could barely get off without my legs giving way because of my lower back.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I don't know who has the voodoo doll, but when I find out who decided that my back wasn't bad enough and did a bit of doctoring, I'll kill em! Can't explain it, did my 2.5 mile walk this morning, got on the inversion table, like I do every single morning and could barely get off without my legs giving way because of my lower back.

That sounds painful - get better soon

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

2 hours ago, MattF said:

Well, you are another day older...  words I have heard for 20 years.  New pains pop up now and then.  Sorry to hear that, but a little rest and hopefully you will be as good as new old in a day or two.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Sorry Boss get better quick!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Honolulu back on lockdown at midnight for 14 days ughhhh. Didn't get a chance to play this week before the courses shut back down I'm bummed.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

2 hours ago, yungkory said:

Honolulu back on lockdown at midnight for 14 days ughhhh. Didn't get a chance to play this week before the courses shut back down I'm bummed.

No way would I fly to Hawaii under these conditions.  Tourism has to be suffering.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Although it doesn't effect me too much, I still find it a bit sad to see.

There are a lot of retired folks in our league. One guy in particular is in his 80's and is a really nice guy, but his mental acuity has been slipping quite a bit in the last year. He is my good friend's partner and I don't think everyone in our league really realized how much my friend "babysat" during a round to make sure Jim (the older guy) knew what was going on, had the right clubs, etc. My friend had to miss last week and it was a disaster with no one to help Jim keep track of what was going on. Our secretary had a conversation with Jim's wife about it and they had agreed to have either the wife or their daughter ride along with him and "caddie" to help him out. Over the weekend, Jim's wife called our secretary and told him they had decided Jim won't play anymore - it will picnic night for the family instead. Our secretary was pretty sad about it too, as he and Jim have been playing in leagues together for 35 years now.

Like I said, kind of sad, but I honestly hope I am able to play that long without becoming a burden to those around me.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

There are a lot of retired folks in our league. One guy in particular is in his 80's and is a really nice guy, but his mental acuity has been slipping quite a bit in the last year. He is my good friend's partner and I don't think everyone in our league really realized how much my friend "babysat" during a round to make sure Jim (the older guy) knew what was going on, had the right clubs, etc. My friend had to miss last week and it was a disaster with no one to help Jim keep track of what was going on. Our secretary had a conversation with Jim's wife about it and they had agreed to have either the wife or their daughter ride along with him and "caddie" to help him out. Over the weekend, Jim's wife called our secretary and told him they had decided Jim won't play anymore - it will picnic night for the family instead. Our secretary was pretty sad about it too, as he and Jim have been playing in leagues together for 35 years now.
Like I said, kind of sad, but I honestly hope I am able to play that long without becoming a burden to those around me.

This is hitting home. Living in a Retirement Community we see this way to often.
One group I started playing in 8.5 years ago had over 30 players. We were down to 12 last year and was disbanded this year. Four of us still play every week.

Rick

Left Hand, 

This is hitting home. Living in a Retirement Community we see this way to often.
One group I started playing in 8.5 years ago had over 30 players. We were down to 12 last year and was disbanded early this year. Four of us still play every week.

Rick

Left Hand, 

One group I started playing in 8.5 years ago had over 30 players. We were down to 12 last year and was disbanded early this year. Four of us still play every week.

Yep. While I don’t live in a retirement community I was the youngest regular player in my group. Over the last 20 years our group that had about 30 regulars is down to 3.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Yep. While I don’t live in a retirement community I was the youngest regular player in my group. Over the last 20 years our group that had about 30 regulars is down to 3.

I play 4x/week,
Monday has shrunk from 24-26 to 12-14
Tuesday has grown from 6-8 to 12
Wednesday from 30+ to 4
Friday from 24+ to 16-18

Tuesday group has an influx of new guys moving from up north to FL.
Friday hasn’t shrunk as much as others due to same

The drop is getting older and can’t do it anymore, debilitating illness and the unfortunate guys that passed .
As far as age I’m almost 74 (October) puts me in middle of the pack

Rick

Left Hand, 

I was playing for a while in a traveling league of older gentlemen that is run by my friend's father. My friend and I played from the white tees while the older guys played the senior tees. Playing with these guys has been just a great time! The stories, knowledge and advice was/is priceless. 

Some of them got tired toward the end of rounds. Some of them couldn't hit farther than 135 yard with a driver. Some of them were really good short game players. Some of them were lights out putters. I would recommend that any of you younger guys reading this, go out and play golf with the seniors. You will have a blast..... and you just may learn something! 😉

Edited by silver & black

2 hours ago, silver & black said:

I was playing for a while in a traveling league of older gentlemen that is run by my friend's father. My friend and I played from the white tees while the older guys played the senior tees. Playing with these guys has been just a great time! The stories, knowledge and advice was/is priceless. 

Some of them got tired toward the end of rounds. Some of them couldn't hit farther than 135 yard with a driver. Some of them were really good short game players. Some of them were lights out putters. I would recommend that any of you younger guys reading this, go out and play golf with the seniors. You will have a blast..... and you just may learn something! 😉

I'm one of the younger guys and I was paired up with an older couple last weekend. My drives were probably 100 yards past the older gentleman I was playing with. From any distance from greater than 75 yards, he would often hit low line drives that didn't go very far. But man, once he was within 75 yards, it was a night and day difference. He was hitting nice soft pitch shots close to the hole, chipping the ball near the hole, etc. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

The “eye” of Laura went right through here, so no power, and the gas stations are out of gas as well. Ugh. No damage to the home, just part of a fence fell, and we lost a tree, but my car is on “E” and I’m not sure where I’m going to get gas at this point. Wife’s cousin is bringing us a big generator tonight, so that will be a big help!!! Well, until we need to put more gas in it!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

The “eye” of Laura went right through here, so no power, and the gas stations are out of gas as well. Ugh. No damage to the home, just part of a fence fell, and we lost a tree, but my car is on “E” and I’m not sure where I’m going to get gas at this point. Wife’s cousin is bringing us a big generator tonight, so that will be a big help!!! Well, until we need to put more gas in it!

Sounds like the devastation bypassed you. Regardless stay safe and hope you can get some gas.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Hang in there!
My daughter lost power from the storm that hit Northeast for a week+, generator a lifesaver!

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Hang in there!
My daughter lost power from the storm that hit Northeast for a week+, generator a lifesaver!

Found out that the company for who I work will reimburse me for a generator... Never owned one, never had one at our house as a kid. Any idea of how to pick one??? Not sure they’ll pay for a big daddy one..

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

11 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Found out that the company for who I work will reimburse me for a generator... Never owned one, never had one at our house as a kid. Any idea of how to pick one??? Not sure they’ll pay for a big daddy one..

The size depends on what you want to run on it. 

Exactly, depends on what you want to run (watts).
Mine (now my daughter) is a smaller Briggs& Stratton. My SIL ran only what was needed.

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 hours ago, tommc23 said:

+1....start adding up the wattage of what is essential in your house....refrigerator, freezer, well pump, sump pump, microwave, septic tank pump, etc....

I am guessing you will be running off extension cords for this go 'round.....but.....

Eventually it would be best if you put them on a subpanel and then used an interlock to isolate that subpanel from the street when the generator is running.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.