TESTERS WANTED! ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

3 hours ago, russtopherb said:

Looks like I cost my company $3k 🤬

Don't want to get into details in case there's some legal action involved, all I'm gonna say is that some unscrupulous companies are getting really good about faking an online presence when it comes to trade show & expo bookings. I fell for one earlier this year and I'm extremely PO'd with myself right now. That wasn't a call I wanted to make to our COO, thankfully he was very understanding. I like to think I'm fairly savvy when it comes to sniffing stuff out on the Internet (right @Golfspy_CG2 🤣) but I fell for this one. In the grand scheme of things, it's not a large amount of money to our owners, it's more the principle of the matter... and the fact that I got taken. 

If they got you, they must be good!   

And yes, your nose for snooping out the illicit in many avenues is second to none 🙂

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I'm surprised that you still have shows to go to. Most of the ones I go to have been canceled or postponed. I got one today that is changing to be virtual.  They want you to have a virtual booth. I have no clue how that would work.

I don't know how many golfers haerd this or not.   But the PGA Merchandise show this year is going to be virtual.  I'm not an overly skeptical person by nature.  But this one I have my doubts about.   I'm not sure how or in what manor they will get companies to participate that they couldn't do on their own via their own social channels and websites.   

One major company has already done this with the media for it's 2021 lineup.  Sure it wasn't the same as being in sunny Orlando and getting to see and try things on the range, but they did it in the next best way that I can imagine. 

It will be interesting to see how the companies get their new launches out to best reach the consumers.   Sure there will be the usual front page blog pieces by all the sites and reviews by the YT'ers.  But for those of us in the industry that are used to being there and seeing things first hand and getting to talk to the engineers and reps one on one.  It will be different for sure.

I know every industry has it's own version of this and will be facing the same challenges. 

... A virtual Demo Day is gonna be tricky. 🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I don't know how many golfers haerd this or not.   But the PGA Merchandise show this year is going to be virtual.  I'm not an overly skeptical person by nature.  But this one I have my doubts about.   I'm not sure how or in what manor they will get companies to participate that they couldn't do on their own via their own social channels and websites.   
One major company has already done this with the media for it's 2021 lineup.  Sure it wasn't the same as being in sunny Orlando and getting to see and try things on the range, but they did it in the next best way that I can imagine. 
It will be interesting to see how the companies get their new launches out to best reach the consumers.   Sure there will be the usual front page blog pieces by all the sites and reviews by the YT'ers.  But for those of us in the industry that are used to being there and seeing things first hand and getting to talk to the engineers and reps one on one.  It will be different for sure.
I know every industry has it's own version of this and will be facing the same challenges. 

It should be only one year then we can get thru this mess and get it back next year.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

15 minutes ago, chisag said:

... A virtual Demo Day is gonna be tricky. 🤪

Indeed, but at least it should be warmer than last year's! 

12 minutes ago, Rickp said:

It should be only one year then we can get thru this mess and get it back next year.

Can I give a big Plus 1 on that! 

4 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Thank goodness my nose for illicit stuff is decent because my day got even worse - had to run over to my in-laws quickly and discovered my wife's mother on the phone with "HP Support" to help with her new printer. She put something on the scanner bed and I asked what she was doing while she was on speakerphone with support... it was her ID and a check for $400. The scammers had full control over her laptop because as soon as I tried to shut things down they kept opening them and trying to type things on the screen at me. I pulled the plug on their router hopefully before they remotely scanned the check & her ID. My father in law has already run the laptop over to a local reputable place for disinfecting and my mother in law's on the phone with her bank right now... ay yi yi. 

YIKES! 

Sounds like you made it in the nick of time. 

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

1 minute ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

YIKES! 

Sounds like you made it in the nick of time. 

Know what's even worse? THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME. They got her a few years back that resulted in countless headaches of changing account numbers, cancelling credit cards, etc. I read her the riot act back then and told her to ALWAYS call me first for anything. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 minute ago, russtopherb said:

Know what's even worse? THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME. They got her a few years back that resulted in countless headaches of changing account numbers, cancelling credit cards, etc. I read her the riot act back then and told her to ALWAYS call me first for anything. 

man...some people suck. just despicable taking advantage of others like that. 

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

1 minute ago, russtopherb said:

I fight the same battles with my mom.

4 hours ago, russtopherb said:

I've been booking shows globally for the past 5+ years and we do a lot of the bigger tech shows (Datacentre World, GITEX, IT Expo, etc.) and I wanted to look into some new-to-us local domestic shows so this was my first, and thankfully last, experience with this "company". We always book our own travel and lodging, especially since a lot of shows also involve meetings with vendors, resellers, etc. 

How are you even finding a show to go to? I've worked in the trade show industry for the last 28 years. I haven't worked since March because there are no trade shows. Just curious.

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

Thank goodness my nose for illicit stuff is decent because my day got even worse - had to run over to my in-laws quickly and discovered my wife's mother on the phone with "HP Support" to help with her new printer. She put something on the scanner bed and I asked what she was doing while she was on speakerphone with support... it was her ID and a check for $400. The scammers had full control over her laptop because as soon as I tried to shut things down they kept opening them and trying to type things on the screen at me. I pulled the plug on their router hopefully before they remotely scanned the check & her ID. My father in law has already run the laptop over to a local reputable place for disinfecting and my mother in law's on the phone with her bank right now... ay yi yi. 

About 7-8 years ago I showed up at my mom's for lunch, and when I got to the door she greeted me with, "Good, you're here! You can deal with this tech support guy on the phone. My computer has a virus." I picked up the phone and said hello, and the guy came back with, "Now I can get somewhere!", in a strong accent. I put my hand over the phone and asked my mom, "Did you call him, or did he call you?" When it turned out he initiated the call, I uttered a few choice words at him and hung up. My mom was mortified to realize she was being scammed. At least the only thing they would have gotten off that computer was pictures of grandchildren.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

3 minutes ago, silver & black said:

How are you even finding a show to go to? I've worked in the trade show industry for the last 28 years. I haven't worked since March because there are no trade shows. Just curious.

Like I noted above, GITEX which we go to annually is still on over in Dubai. All of our other shows, however, have either been cancelled or moved out. So Datacentre World in London, Frankfurt, and France were all off this year as well as some smaller datacenter and facilities shows we do in the UK. IT Expo in Florida was pushed out to June 2021 instead of February and I'm hesitant to book that one based on any travel concerns early/mid next year. I'm looking at mid/late 2021 shows and their locations to see if any of them might make sense.

The show I originally posted about was supposed to be in Boston this past August, and was moved to a "virtual" event, hence my wanting a refund. I was considering pushing out the commitment to 2021 but the company was so terrible to deal with I was like "nah, just give us the money back". Every other show, even those that have gone virtual, had refunded money if requested.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Oh boy, hope you got it in time.

Rick

Left Hand, 

22 minutes ago, Siamese Moose said:

About 7-8 years ago I showed up at my mom's for lunch, and when I got to the door she greeted me with, "Good, you're here! You can deal with this tech support guy on the phone. My computer has a virus." I picked up the phone and said hello, and the guy came back with, "Now I can get somewhere!", in a strong accent. I put my hand over the phone and asked my mom, "Did you call him, or did he call you?" When it turned out he initiated the call, I uttered a few choice words at him and hung up. My mom was mortified to realize she was being scammed. 

... This is one of the reasons I agreed with Fred Couples in an interview many years ago when we still used land lines. He said when he is home alone and the phone rings he never answers it. Asked why not he replied "I am just afraid there will be somebody on the other end". 🤣  So unless I know who it is and I am expecting a call, I let it got to voice mail. I can always call them back. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

People suck this almost happened to my grandmother years ago.

Was just told said grandmother is not doing well has a ton of medical problems and recently got diagnosed with the rona. They called my dad and said some family should come say their fairwells.

7 minutes ago, chisag said:

... This is one of the reasons I agreed with Fred Couples in an interview many years ago when we still used land lines. He said when he is home alone and the phone rings he never answers it. Asked why not he replied "I am just afraid there will be somebody on the other end". 🤣  So unless I know who it is and I am expecting a call, I let it got to voice mail. I can always call them back. 

I know this isn't the random thread, but random aside regarding Fred Couples. My dad was acquaintances/friends with Fred Couples in his younger days (must have been in the late 70s), and they played golf together. Unfortunately my dad passed away when i was too young for me to ask about it. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I am pretty astute and paranoid, but even i got conned once. A company called me and they said they were giving out refunds after the fact for a tour that i went on  for whatever reason (don't remember the exact reason). They had all the info about the dates of the tour, etc., and it was a tour that i did go on. They asked for a credit card number to apply the refund to, so i gave it and then i found out it was a scam due to a fraudulent charge on my card.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Oddly enough I’ve the same thing for over a decade. I had so many calls trying to sell me everything under the sun. Some of you guys may remember when every phone call was a guy selling penny stocks!
Anyway I don’t answer an unknown caller, never.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Was just told said grandmother is not doing well has a ton of medical problems and recently got diagnosed with the rona. They called my dad and said some family should come say their fairwells.

Tommy,
Very sorry to hear about your Grandmother.

Tommy,
Very sorry to hear about your Grandmother.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Some of my favorite you tubes are the tech savvy guys that keep the scammer tech people on the phone, let them think they are accessing a bank acct and run them in circles asking questions while deleting files on the scammers computer.

I am not that tech savvy so I just act real stupid asking questions and keep them on the phone while getting them frustrated.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Oddly enough I’ve the same thing for over a decade. I had so many calls trying to sell me everything under the sun. Some of you guys may remember when every phone call was a guy selling penny stocks!
Anyway I don’t answer an unknown caller, never.

Same here - if you're not in my contacts I don't answer. Occasionally the scammers leave a message like "this is your final notice if you don't respond an arrest warrant will be issued". Yeah right - go ahead and issue it .

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

So sorry to hear about your grandmother. Our prayers are with you.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

29 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

I am not that tech savvy so I just act real stupid asking questions and keep them on the phone while getting them frustrated.

My BIL use to mess with phone solicitors... considered it a hobby of sorts 🤣.  I recall years ago when we were all together and one came in, he had the entire family in stitches for close to a 1/2 hour listening to him and the caller on speaker phone.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

2 hours ago, russtopherb said:

People that prey on others, particularly elderly, should be shot in the noggin.  Dammit they chap my hide. 

Same here - if you're not in my contacts I don't answer. Occasionally the scammers leave a message like "this is your final notice if you don't respond an arrest warrant will be issued". Yeah right - go ahead and issue it .

Yup, I love the arrest warrant line, bring it on big boys.

People that prey on others, particularly elderly, should be shot in the noggin.  Dammit they chap my hide. 

Not sure what “chap my hide” means but I agree

Rick

Left Hand, 

6 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Not sure what “chap my hide” means but I agree emoji106.png

It's a western thingy 🤣

On 11/30/2020 at 1:37 PM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

this maddening... I am apoplectic.

tried to renew my MA license but apparently 25 years ago (1995) I got a ticket for speeding in Daytona Beach (hey: I was 23!) that I neglected to pay when I lived in Georgia. 
GA flagged my license a long time ago but it never showed up until now.
The FL ticket was dismissed 5 years ago but GA still has me as a "Problem Driver" in the system.
So what does MA do?
They  *suspend* my license. Not only can I not renew, now I can't even drive and I have to pay 100 to remove the suspension and then 50 to renew for a ticket that was dismissed 5 years ago.
So I have to call FL to fax (yes, people still use fax machines) the dismissal to GA who I then have to pay a fee to in order to remove the flag in the system and then call MA to remove suspension so I can renew my license.

All for a ticket that is 25 years old for going 10 miles over the speed limit that was dismissed and closed 5 years ago.

I. HAVE. NO. WORDS.

This reminds me of the time I messed up my taxes in 1991. At the time, I lived in Washington and worked in Oregon. I made a small mistake and was audited and ended up owing the state of Oregon something stupid like $50. At the time of the audit, I lived in Missouri. Missouri caught wind of the audit and decided I owed them unpaid taxes on all that income. It took efforts over two years to try to prove to Missouri that I did not owe them anything. If I hadn't been a poor grad student and had the money, I might have just paid them to get them off my back. Ain't bureaucracy grand?!?!? 

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

3 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

This reminds me of the time I messed up my taxes in 1991. At the time, I lived in Washington and worked in Oregon. I made a small mistake and was audited and ended up owing the state of Oregon something stupid like $50. At the time of the audit, I lived in Missouri. Missouri caught wind of the audit and decided I owed them unpaid taxes on all that income. It took efforts over two years to try to prove to Missouri that I did not owe them anything. If I hadn't been a poor grad student and had the money, I might have just paid them to get them off my back. Ain't bureaucracy grand?!?!? 

I cannot - for the life of me - understand why some departments take pleasure in making people's lives more difficult than they already are....

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

I cannot - for the life of me - understand why some departments take pleasure in making people's lives more difficult than they already are....

I used to think that when I was in DMV for 8 hours in CT.

Rick

Left Hand,