TESTERS WANTED! ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

And they probably were running to buy up all the bread and milk!  

And toilet paper......

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Just now, Rickp said:

And toilet paper......

Ahhh toilet paper.. the 2020 addition.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I hear ya! It's like.... you live in NE Ohio... is the first time you've driven in snow?!

Clarification - first snow of the season

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

18 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Living in Cleveland for 20 years, I always dreaded the first snowstorm because people drove like it was the first time: some driving at a crawl taking 2 lanes and others barreling along over the speed limit using the shoulder. 

17 hours ago, chisag said:

... I would have thought Clevelanders would be used to snow and drive appropriately. Chicago was pretty good at it, although there was the occasional too slow-fast drivers. Thankfully I won't have to deal with snow here in Phoenix, just morons in tricked out pick ups that think they are in a real life version of Mad Max: Fury Road. 

17 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Here in the Washington DC area we have tons of both types.  The worst, to me, are the relatively well-to-do folks in their Mercedes or BMW "crossovers" who don't really understand that 4WD helps you GO in snow and ice, but they don't help you STOP.  I spent enough years at the snowiest university in the US, I understand driving gently in slippery conditions, but I prefer to stay at home and avoid the really bad drivers, the creepers and the daredevils.

13 hours ago, silver & black said:

I hear ya! It's like.... you live in NE Ohio... is the first time you've driven in snow?!

And they were out in force this morning despite the roads being clear. There's 3-4 miles before the turn off but let's camp out in the left hand lane...

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

My BIL's current issue is healing from a ruptured appendix.  He texted us on Tues evening he was headed to the hosp after a doc visit id'ed it as an appendix issue and not the suspected hernia.  He got there Tues night and spent all night waiting for the emergency surgery until 10am Wed when it burst as they opened him up.  Lots of cleanout to get all the goopy stuff (his description) and antibiotics and other stuff going on to make sure it drains.  Not sure what the surgery delay was related to but its a shame it got to the point it did.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

I am having absolute sticker shock right now. My daughter is looking to transfer for next semester due to a number of concerns she has with her current college, and the schools she's heard back from with financial aid packages have me flabbergasted. They're offering absolute peanuts. I know - it's a first world problem. I get it 100%. But she's not even getting academic stuff in addition to small grants and loans. Her first choice is BU so she can stay in Boston, and sending her there would more than double what we're paying right now. She got her package offer late last night and they want a decision by Friday. Talk about a tight timeframe, and she still hasn't heard from other schools to see what she might get somewhere else.

Even worse is the fact that our son is 15 and as far as FAFSA is concerned, he doesn't exist. There will be a one year gap from when she graduates and he starts college. Wife and I are trying to see how we could make things work, but it's a long shot 😬

I know other families have the same feeling of "holy crap" when looking at college $$ but man - what a kick in the gut to see just how much some of this stuff costs. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

2 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

I am having absolute sticker shock right now. My daughter is looking to transfer for next semester due to a number of concerns she has with her current college, and the schools she's heard back from with financial aid packages have me flabbergasted. They're offering absolute peanuts. I know - it's a first world problem. I get it 100%. But she's not even getting academic stuff in addition to small grants and loans. Her first choice is BU so she can stay in Boston, and sending her there would more than double what we're paying right now. She got her package offer late last night and they want a decision by Friday. Talk about a tight timeframe, and she still hasn't heard from other schools to see what she might get somewhere else.

Even worse is the fact that our son is 15 and as far as FAFSA is concerned, he doesn't exist. There will be a one year gap from when she graduates and he starts college. Wife and I are trying to see how we could make things work, but it's a long shot 😬

I know other families have the same feeling of "holy crap" when looking at college $$ but man - what a kick in the gut to see just how much some of this stuff costs. 

I'm right there with you. At least you have a gap. My two are 18 months apart but two school years. My son is on his second year and my daughter starts next year. My daughter got both athletic and academic scholarships and was told it was the highest they ever offered a female athlete at this particular school. So excited until I saw the numbers. Still only covered 50%. I guess I should be grateful for that but I was hoping for a free ride. Private D2 school. 

The last year was just difficult to say the least. If you get sent home to do classes on line for the entire school year why do you have to pay full price for school?  We had to fight to get dorm money and food money back. I told my son if he wanted to do SNHU or one of those other on line colleges for his degree that was fine by me. Really what's the difference if its all on line anyway?  The name of the school on the diploma is the only difference and most places want a degree and don't care what school you got it from. ( Unless you are going high end.. Lawyer, Doctor...)  Lets not get into the books either $150.00 for a stack of loose leaf paper with holes so you can put it in your own binder.

I feel your pain.

2 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

The last year was just difficult to say the least. If you get sent home to do classes on line for the entire school year why do you have to pay full price for school? 

MassArt was really good about refunding our money pretty quickly. Zero complaints there. That school isn't planning on having students on campus until next year, which would make it a year and a half that she was home learning online if she stays there. As an art student in a graphic design major that needs a lot of hands-on learning in studio environments, it's absolutely not ideal. That's one of the main reasons she's looking to transfer. 

11 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I'm right there with you. At least you have a gap. My two are 18 months apart but two school years. My son is on his second year and my daughter starts next year. My daughter got both athletic and academic scholarships and was told it was the highest they ever offered a female athlete at this particular school. So excited until I saw the numbers. Still only covered 50%. I guess I should be grateful for that but I was hoping for a free ride. Private D2 school. 

The last year was just difficult to say the least. If you get sent home to do classes on line for the entire school year why do you have to pay full price for school?  We had to fight to get dorm money and food money back. I told my son if he wanted to do SNHU or one of those other on line colleges for his degree that was fine by me. Really what's the difference if its all on line anyway?  The name of the school on the diploma is the only difference and most places want a degree and don't care what school you got it from. ( Unless you are going high end.. Lawyer, Doctor...)  Lets not get into the books either $150.00 for a stack of loose leaf paper with holes so you can put it in your own binder.

I feel your pain.

I go to Liberty Online.  It has been a great experience.  They have a wide variety of majors.  Might be worth looking there too.  One of the higher rated online schools.

Books are included.

And yes, I am learning things... even at 37 years old, a middle aged dog is learning new tricks.

9 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

MassArt was really good about refunding our money pretty quickly. Zero complaints there. That school isn't planning on having students on campus until next year, which would make it a year and a half that she was home learning online if she stays there. As an art student in a graphic design major that needs a lot of hands-on learning in studio environments, it's absolutely not ideal. That's one of the main reasons she's looking to transfer. 

Liberty has a graphic arts major too.

18 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Here in the Washington DC area we have tons of both types.  The worst, to me, are the relatively well-to-do folks in their Mercedes or BMW "crossovers" who don't really understand that 4WD helps you GO in snow and ice, but they don't help you STOP.  I spent enough years at the snowiest university in the US, I understand driving gently in slippery conditions, but I prefer to stay at home and avoid the really bad drivers, the creepers and the daredevils.

Those hills in Houghton... brutal.  But, hardly ever any really bad accidents.  People are smart up there EH!

College costs are brutal. Our daughters (twins) both went to college, different schools about 27 years ago and for that time it was expensive but not like now. One of our daughters went to Australia for a year, U of Wollongong.
Fast forward to now and Gkids are going oldest at Villanova @ 70k plus with 3 more Gkids in pipeline. She got a great pkg and some scholarship awards but still too much, ridiculous expensive.

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

As someone who currently has two in college at the same time, I can relate. There is light at the end of the tunnel, though, as the oldest should be done after taking 1 class next summer and the youngest has some nice scholarships. It's going to be weird to get back to actually having some "disposable" income.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

College is definitely expensive and there is sticker shock when looking at the total cost.

What we found when my daughter was looking was to not overlook private schools because they offered more scholarship money than the public schools. Scholarships generally made the cost less than public colleges.

Need to do lots of homework for scholarships since many are offered by outside organizations.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

College is definitely expensive and there is sticker shock when looking at the total cost.

What we found when my daughter was looking was to not overlook private schools because they offered more scholarship money than the public schools. Scholarships generally made the cost less than public colleges.

Need to do lots of homework for scholarships since many are offered by outside organizations.

Your correct about doing your homework, there’s some serious scholarship dollars out there. Gdaughter picked up a couple nice scholarships which helps us out. Oldest Gdaughter offered free ride @ UCONN but Noooo off to Villanova. Can see her point, kinda.
There will be 4 Gkids in college at same time!

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

Those hills in Houghton... brutal.  But, hardly ever any really bad accidents.  People are smart up there EH!

I wasn't sure if anyone besides @GolfSpy MPR would get that reference.  Its maybe not so much smarts as simple survival.  200+ inches of snow will force you to learn pretty quickly.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

44 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Your correct about doing your homework, there’s some serious scholarship dollars out there. Gdaughter picked up a couple nice scholarships which helps us out. Oldest Gdaughter offered free ride @ UCONN but Noooo off to Villanova. Can see her point, kinda.
There will be 4 Gkids in college at same time!

The big outside scholarship she has is technically only good for state schools. I've already been in contact with the financial aid office, who were very helpful and they recommended I talk with Admissions about her current scholarships and how they might be applied or if they might have an equivalent. The biggest issue right now is time - BU wants a decision and a non-refundable deposit by tomorrow, while every other school doesn't need a decision until early January on average. 

4 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

My BIL's current issue is healing from a ruptured appendix.  He texted us on Tues evening he was headed to the hosp after a doc visit id'ed it as an appendix issue and not the suspected hernia.  He got there Tues night and spent all night waiting for the emergency surgery until 10am Wed when it burst as they opened him up.  Lots of cleanout to get all the goopy stuff (his description) and antibiotics and other stuff going on to make sure it drains.  Not sure what the surgery delay was related to but its a shame it got to the point it did.

Mine was leaking for over a week and half when I was younger I can relate to this. Sometimes they have to wait for surgeons who are not on call to come in because the on call surgeon has to deal with something a little more urgent.

I absolutely hated college when I went for a semester and a half. Spent 20g on that one year. I now make more as a firefighter paramedic than I would have with the job I was going to college for. I'll be making just about 70k in a two years, which for no degree is pretty freaking awesome. I'd love to see more people go to trade schools and get good jobs that route because those jobs are always needed.

my take on higher education:

i went to school for a very long time. i have 3 degrees, and i’ve never once used them at all.  luckily, a full baseball scholarship saved my parents a ton of money for undergrad, but the rest was stupidly on me  

i wish i would’ve foregone college and chased entrepreneurship straight out of high school. i learn better and am far more focused when i teach myself things that i’m interested in, rather than signing up for a pre-approved course curriculum. and don’t get me started on the horrendous administrative side of colleges.  i went through hell trying to get credits transferred and course work accepted.

our plan for our kids (but then again, who knows what college is going to look like 18 years from now) is for them to cut their teeth at community college until they either decide what they want to do, or decide that they want to pursue a trade or their own business

i really feel for all the parents out there paying heavily for all the headaches that come with getting your kids a good education. @russtopherbi hope you  get it sorted out without too much financial or emotional hardship.  that 48 hour deadline from BU is absolute greed and it’s ridiculous.  now, more than ever, universities should be happy you’re even considering them with so many students taking time off, or just deciding to choose from the endless free choices available online.

ok, rant off. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

5 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

... Wow, so sorry to hear this. Mine almost burst when I was in the 3rd grade on a camping trip to Canada. We drove and visited relatives along the way and stopping in Toledo I got what they thought was "stomach flu" and the next morning when we were getting ready to leave for Pittsburg the pain was insane when I tried to move. My Dad carried me in to the ER and they operated within an hour. They said it was ready to burst any second so I was luckier than your BIL. Back then it was a major surgery and I was in the hospital for 3 days. I hope he recovers with no complications. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

1 minute ago, russtopherb said:

The big outside scholarship she has is technically only good for state schools. I've already been in contact with the financial aid office, who were very helpful and they recommended I talk with Admissions about her current scholarships and how they might be applied or if they might have an equivalent. The biggest issue right now is time - BU wants a decision and a non-refundable deposit by tomorrow, while every other school doesn't need a decision until early January on average. 

Yup, I was in the same situation. Had to put up $400.00 to hold the semester price for all four years and sign by this date or the athletic scholarship goes away. Now D1 Schools are not even allowed to recruit yet. A D1 school if interested would probably offer a full ride. But you are taking the chance of potentially not getting recruited. So she took the offer, and it was her school of choice.  The Corona has screwed up so much!

On 12/17/2020 at 9:54 AM, tommc23 said:

I absolutely hated college when I went for a semester and a half. Spent 20g on that one year. I now make more as a firefighter paramedic than I would have with the job I was going to college for. I'll be making just about 70k in a two years, which for no degree is pretty freaking awesome. I'd love to see more people go to trade schools and get good jobs that route because those jobs are always needed.

You sound like Mike Rowe.  Good job!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Banged my left wrist up yesterday at work. Off at least through Jan 6th. Last year was a bad shoulder and before that double carpal tunnel  surgery. 

Golf game has really struggled  as has home projects.

On to 2021

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Had to cancel our Saturday game as temps will be 31* - 44*....in New Tampa. It would have been my first round as a septuagenarian....Have to wait a few more days....oh well.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

31 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Had to cancel our Saturday game as temps will be 31* - 44*....in New Tampa. It would have been my first round as a septuagenarian....Have to wait a few more days....oh well.

Good to hear your feeling better and ready to resume golf 👍.  So what benefits on the course, at the clubhouse, or at home come with the septuagenarian status?  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

16 hours ago, fozcycle said:

I get a free pint in the Pub for my birthday

Ahh most excellent, Foz my friend! 🍻👍

Happy happy happy and hope '21 is a healthy and golf-record-filled year for ya!!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg