Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

10 hours ago, Shankster said:

Well… after 3 hours in the waiting room, they said 6-7 or maybe more hours.  I’m not there anymore.  I’ll try again tomorrow everyone before me hadn’t been seen yet… I can’t justify sitting there for 10-12 hours with no room between people.

Alan unfortunately this is country wide and things typically don’t change from day to day. The hospitals are short staffed causing patients who normally go to floors to be kept in the ER until a bed finally opens sometimes a day or two, at least at my local hospitals. Try an urgent care or primary care it may actually be faster. Residents in the city I work will leave the ER and call 911 thinking they will be seen faster and they go right back to the waiting room.

25 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Alan unfortunately this is country wide and things typically don’t change from day to day. The hospitals are short staffed causing patients who normally go to floors to be kept in the ER until a bed finally opens sometimes a day or two, at least at my local hospitals. Try an urgent care or primary care it may actually be faster. Residents in the city I work will leave the ER and call 911 thinking they will be seen faster and they go right back to the waiting room.

Here now.  Only one in here.  Still been waiting for a good while.

I’m back.  Health Department called me to follow up… the ER wrote down that I knew the dog and it’s vaccination status.  I told them, uh no that is in correct.  They called a the Rabies epidemiologist and they said I have to either find the dog or highly recommend getting the series of shots…

so I either sit at this park for 5 days looking for someone I have never seen before yesterday or go get a bunch of shots.

Lovely.

🤦🏼‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

I’m back.  Health Department called me to follow up… the ER wrote down that I knew the dog and it’s vaccination status.  I told them, uh no that is in correct.  They called a the Rabies epidemiologist and they said I have to either find the dog or highly recommend getting the series of shots…

so I either sit at this park for 5 days looking for someone I have never seen before yesterday or go get a bunch of shots.

Lovely.

🤦🏼‍♂️ 

Lesson is that you should have gotten the persons name and contact information after the dog bit you.   Sorry to hear you have to go through the rabies protocol.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Lesson is that you should have gotten the persons name and contact information after the dog bit you.   Sorry to hear you have to go through the rabies protocol.  

Yep.  Hindsight is very clear in this instance.  I’m going to go back to the area tomorrow at the same time and see if my little Australian Shepherd buddy is there again, maybe the owner will have them on a normal length leash this time and not a 15-20’ lead.

29 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Yep.  Hindsight is very clear in this instance.  I’m going to go back to the area tomorrow at the same time and see if my little Australian Shepherd buddy is there again, maybe the owner will have them on a normal length leash this time and not a 15-20’ lead.

Hope you find her. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

Al’s Detective Agency daily report:

Nothing Found.  The weather is supposed to be nasty all weekend, highly doubt she’ll go back.  

It is evident that the shot series is in the future.

Report back tomorrow.

Might be time for the selective tax (lotto) ticket to balance out all the bad.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Talked to my mom and she said my dad is not doing very good.  He’s been telling me that he is better than he is.  She has been gone for 3 weeks, got home yesterday and said he hasn’t been to work since she left and he’s barely eating…

We’ve managed to keep that crap out of the Shanks Haus for 2 years, but I’m afraid our defense shield has been infiltrated.  Our youngest is not feeling well at all, and a lot of his classmates have it.  🤦🏼‍♂️  Everyone loves the little dude so they are constantly hanging out with him, siblings included.  We might all get it at once…

Wish us luck.

9 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Talked to my mom and she said my dad is not doing very good.  He’s been telling me that he is better than he is.  She has been gone for 3 weeks, got home yesterday and said he hasn’t been to work since she left and he’s barely eating…

We’ve managed to keep that crap out of the Shanks Haus for 2 years, but I’m afraid our defense shield has been infiltrated.  Our youngest is not feeling well at all, and a lot of his classmates have it.  🤦🏼‍♂️  Everyone loves the little dude so they are constantly hanging out with him, siblings included.  We might all get it at once…

Wish us luck.

Sorry to hear all this. I hope for a speedy recovery for anyone who gets it. Hopefully most of you get lucky and miss it.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

14 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Wish us luck.

Very sorry to hear that your dad isn't doing well, I hope he gets better soon. Hopefully it'll be mild if you get it in your household and I hope that's not what your youngest has. 

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Wish us luck.

Good grief Alan... you're giving a whole new meaning to the adage "when it rains it pours" 😬.  Hang in there and all the best getting through the list.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

16 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Very sorry to hear that your dad isn't doing well, I hope he gets better soon. Hopefully it'll be mild if you get it in your household and I hope that's not what your youngest has. 

Sorry to hear latest problems.  I’m sure your due for a some luck and everything works out.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Should be posting in the happy thread about our Disney trip, which was great!  Got home with one kid getting stuffy and coughing... COVID positive so all of us have been home this week... trying to keep the other two away but now my other son has it too, and he's def got it worse.  I always feel bad when the kids aren't themselves because of not feeling well.  

Thankfully overall still very mild, but it is hard trying to keep everyone separated as much as possible.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Should be posting in the happy thread about our Disney trip, which was great!  Got home with one kid getting stuffy and coughing... COVID positive so all of us have been home this week... trying to keep the other two away but now my other son has it too, and he's def got it worse.  I always feel bad when the kids aren't themselves because of not feeling well.  

Thankfully overall still very mild, but it is hard trying to keep everyone separated as much as possible.

Sorry to hear about the Kids and happy it’s relatively mild.

Also happy Disney trip was a great experience for them.

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Sorry to hear about the Kids and happy it’s relatively mild.

Also happy Disney trip was a great experience for them.

Oh yeah, they loved it. We didn’t tell them we were going. Woke them up early, drove to the airport “to pick someone up” with their luggage hidden in the back and told them when we parked. It was awesome. 

I also got this sweet hat too:

51182B3E-BFBD-46D7-A18C-630BA276FB2C.jpeg

it helped with some of the rain and drizzle we got. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Oh yeah, they loved it. We didn’t tell them we were going. Woke them up early, drove to the airport “to pick someone up” with their luggage hidden in the back and told them when we parked. It was awesome. 

I also got this sweet hat too:

51182B3E-BFBD-46D7-A18C-630BA276FB2C.jpeg

it helped with some of the rain and drizzle we got. 

Love the story about how you got the Kids there👍
Yup, nice hat!!  Goes well with an Adult Beverage 😜

Rick

Left Hand, 

Just found out the course I play 95% of my rounds on, plus had the only driving range in town, is closing Feb. 14 until the new ownership opens it back up. 

My main issue is, the guy that bought it runs the other course in town and seems to have a dislike for singles playing his courses, unless you want to do it at the end of the day. I understand it's a business and he can run it how he wants, but he ran this course in the beginning and there was an uppity feel to it. 

He reopened the other course and I haven't played it yet, and I was so excited that it reopened but after trying to make a tee time as a single and getting a dismissive tone, I have yet to play there. 

Day 14149 (days I’ve been on earth), wife and two kids have the Vid (worried for my wife, her asthma and not so good immune system doesn’t lend itself well), rabies shot 2 in the books.  Cannot wait to sleep on the floor tonight in the dining room, trying to space people out is ridiculous, but 4 of us are healthy… so far.  I knew I should have bought that hiking equipment sooner.

I hope everyone else is doing well.  

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Just found out the course I play 95% of my rounds on, plus had the only driving range in town, is closing Feb. 14 until the new ownership opens it back up. 

My main issue is, the guy that bought it runs the other course in town and seems to have a dislike for singles playing his courses, unless you want to do it at the end of the day. I understand it's a business and he can run it how he wants, but he ran this course in the beginning and there was an uppity feel to it. 

He reopened the other course and I haven't played it yet, and I was so excited that it reopened but after trying to make a tee time as a single and getting a dismissive tone, I have yet to play there. 

That stinks. They don't even try to pair you up with a twosome or threesome? First time I heard or anything like that. Usually courses are greedy and want to squeeze you in somewhere.

Well you can always come play my way if you don't mind a long drive.

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

That stinks. They don't even try to pair you up with a twosome or threesome? First time I heard or anything like that. Usually courses are greedy and want to squeeze you in somewhere.

Well you can always come play my way if you don't mind a long drive.

They didn't that day. It might be different now that it's more than a month out from reopening. I just haven't called since. I do want to play there, it holds a special place in my heart considering that's where I got introduced to the game and have lots of great memories on that course. 

9 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

They didn't that day. It might be different now that it's more than a month out from reopening. I just haven't called since. I do want to play there, it holds a special place in my heart considering that's where I got introduced to the game and have lots of great memories on that course. 

My “home” course went through a similar change.  They ended up ruining 2 of my favorite holes.  But the ownership was trying to turn an jeans and undershirt welcome with your own cooler into Bushwood country club, it didn’t last long.  Now you can go out there and see people with side by sides as their cart… what a transformation.

12 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

There's a really nice muni up the street from me that's really well kept, very good rates, but also has a strange dislike for singles. They won't make a tee time, and ask you to just show up and wait if "if there's an opening". Unfortunately opening for them doesn't mean a twosome or threesome to tag along with, it's a vacant slot. Not even worth trying on weekends. Bummer too cuz that'd be easily my most played course otherwise, I really enjoy it.

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

Had a bad wind storm the other day. Had some shingles ripped off the roof right near the ridge line. Unfortunately its about three stories up and the roof is at a 45 degree angle. I had the roof replaced 2 years ago as well.  In about an hour I'll be venturing up to see if I can patch it for now. Once spring shows up then it will be warm enough to flex the shingles enough to fix it right.  I have visions of @BIG STU 's ladder incident on my mind right now.

5 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Had a bad wind storm the other day. Had some shingles ripped off the roof right near the ridge line. Unfortunately its about three stories up and the roof is at a 45 degree angle. I had the roof replaced 2 years ago as well.  In about an hour I'll be venturing up to see if I can patch it for now. Once spring shows up then it will be warm enough to flex the shingles enough to fix it right.  I have visions of @BIG STU 's ladder incident on my mind right now.

SWMBO has “banned” me from ladders about 8 years ago after other guys had made the Dive.

I still use them for small heights when  she’s not looking.

Rick

Left Hand, 

41 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Oh man do be careful and make shure to have someone butt the ladder for you like they do in the Fire Department. Now days anyone mentions a ladder I shudder. My lifelong friend is a 3rd generation owner of a commercial paint contractor company. He is like 3 years younger than I am. His oldest daughter has been on his butt for years about climbing ladders. He has not been up on a ladder since my accident. I mean 5 feet messed me up just think like what 15 feet or more will do. I can not even watch the commercials on TV about people climbing ladders cleaning out gutters. I absolutely have to cut it off.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

50 minutes ago, Rickp said:

SWMBO has “banned” me from ladders about 8 years ago after other guys had made the Dive.

I still use them for small heights when  she’s not looking.

The Insurance carrier that carries our insurance banned Truck Drivers climbing on ladders after my incident. They make the shredder scrape the trailers out now. They also said if any drivers got tickets for small debris blowing out they would take the SC DOT and NC DOT to court but drivers were not to climb up in trailers period. The only exception is if they had someone butting the ladder. In my case it may have or have not done me any good because in my case the ladder collapsed. That opened up another can of worms that is still pending because my ladder had no OSHA tag or weight rating and had not been inspected and was more than 3 years old. I can not go into detail because it is still pending between our State Industrial Commission ,OSHA , the Ladder manufacturer and the company I was working for. 

Edit---- You have a smart better half wish mine had said something but really she had no idea what I did in daily operations

Edited by BIG STU

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G