TESTERS WANTED! ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

Rabbits are dumb!!! Stupid rabbit had a litter of babies under my deck and my 3 hunting dogs found the nest and brought me them all some wounded some not. We will see how many survive but this is the second time this has happened! I guess being OOS due to back pain and my dogs not being outside much made them feel like it was safe.

Could have been skunks.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

Welp.  We are screwed. This third house was crap too…. It’s at the point where I have to make a choice if the juice is worth the squeeze.  Signs are pointing to… No.  might be time to move on.

I'm actually not surprised.  The weather and salty air on the coast of WA and OR takes a huge toll on houses.  Houses are overpriced because of the location, and those that are somewhat affordable have lots of problems as you have found out.  Our long-time doctor recently moved to Newport, OR and renting while he has a house built.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I'm actually not surprised.  The weather and salty air on the coast of WA and OR takes a huge toll on houses.  Houses are overpriced because of the location, and those that are somewhat affordable have lots of problems as you have found out.  Our long-time doctor recently moved to Newport, OR and renting while he has a house built.

You got that right.  Found one that sold in 2020 for $254,000 it is listed now for $1,200,000… absolutely absurd.  300% appreciation?  I think not.  Bunch of BS is what it is.

7 hours ago, Shankster said:

You got that right.  Found one that sold in 2020 for $254,000 it is listed now for $1,200,000… absolutely absurd.  300% appreciation?  I think not.  Bunch of BS is what it is.

Can you handle a longer drive to work? I mean like 30 miles each way? What are the prices like further out?

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

2 hours ago, MattF said:

Can you handle a longer drive to work? I mean like 30 miles each way? What are the prices like further out?

I am good with 1.5 hours… but even still, half a million for a fixer upper doesn’t compute.  At all.  And anything less than that just needs to be torn down.  It’s bad.

On 5/16/2022 at 4:39 PM, sirchunksalot said:

She's doing good today, still a bit itchy but the heavy panting has stopped. I think that's what concerned us as pugs have a tendency to have breathing disorders. We couldn't get an appointment to the vet today, but one did let us know that if she does have allergy problems we can give her a little more Benadryl than we have been doing. 

I hope they can figure out what's going on with your wife. I'm sorry to hear she's having to deal with this numbness. 

Be careful with too much Benadryl. Our Cairn had an allergy and initially the vet recommended Benadryl but a few years later she ended up with a heart problem and we had to put her down.  After the fact I read up on issues with pets and sustained use. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

10 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I am good with 1.5 hours… but even still, half a million for a fixer upper doesn’t compute.  At all.  And anything less than that just needs to be torn down.  It’s bad.

Higher mortgage rates and a recession might turn this into a buyers market. Can you rent in the meantime? 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Be careful with too much Benadryl. Our Cairn had an allergy and initially the vet recommended Benadryl but a few years later she ended up with a heart problem and we had to put her down.  After the fact I read up on issues with pets and sustained use. 

That's good to know. I'll have to read up on it, I hadn't thought about the long term effects. 

Sorry to hear about your Cairn, they are wonderful dogs. My sister had one years ago and he was the best fella, I still miss that dog.

7 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Thank you to all for the kind words.  He passed this morning so the suffering has ended.  The last couple weeks were pretty rough for him and really hard for mom to watch.  

Sorry for your loss.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

13 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Thank you to all for the kind words.  He passed this morning so the suffering has ended.  The last couple weeks were pretty rough for him and really hard for mom to watch.  

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

Sorry for your loss.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

My condolences. Our thoughts and prayers or you and your mom. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

4 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Higher mortgage rates and a recession might turn this into a buyers market. Can you rent in the meantime? 

2nd this, and its going to happen quickly. Its on its way right now with higher median priced houses staying on the market longer where those houses were being eaten up quickly in the past year. Same with building. starting to slow down in the area and hopefully material rights itself. Holding out for a house when this thing comes twirling down.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

49 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

2nd this, and its going to happen quickly. Its on its way right now with higher median priced houses staying on the market longer where those houses were being eaten up quickly in the past year. Same with building. starting to slow down in the area and hopefully material rights itself. Holding out for a house when this thing comes twirling down.

It needs to happen today.  That would be wonderous. 

2 minutes ago, Shankster said:

It needs to happen today.  That would be wonderous. 

Can’t rush it my man. Go to a motel 8 for a few months ifnya can make it to mid term elections.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

4 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Sorry for your loss and prayers for your family 🙏 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

6 hours ago, Shankster said:

Holy 💩

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

5 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Sorry to hear that mate.

In the bag:

Bag: 

I'm sorry to hear about that @Shapotomous, losing a family member is hard and we're all hear you talk if you need us. 

My condolences on your family's loss. Take care and remember your golf family is always there for you if you need us.

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick

37 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'm sorry to hear about that @Shapotomous, losing a family member is hard and we're all hear you talk if you need us. 

+1, been through it with both parents..........................

condolences to you and your family and close friends who may have known him

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

On 6/7/2022 at 9:47 AM, Shapotomous said:

Well, we have "teed off on the 18th" of my Dad's life round.  This tough old WWII marine is 96 and last Friday I had to get Hospice involved as his pain level and other medical issues got to the point of needing the more powerful drugs to make him comfortable.   

He and my Mom have lived with us since March of 2020 when the covid lockdown's started.  They were about ready to transition from living alone anyway and the daily life complications brought on by the lockdown worked in our favor to have them move in with minimal resistance.   His decline over the last couple months has been rapid as the heart failure condition brought on many other related issues. 

We hope to provide a dignified and mostly painfree '18th' for him to play out the round.  

So sorry to hear this Bob. But I'm glad you have had the last two years with them close by, although I know being caretaker can be tough at times.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

On 6/7/2022 at 9:47 AM, Shapotomous said:

Well, we have "teed off on the 18th" of my Dad's life round.  This tough old WWII marine is 96 and last Friday I had to get Hospice involved as his pain level and other medical issues got to the point of needing the more powerful drugs to make him comfortable.   

He and my Mom have lived with us since March of 2020 when the covid lockdown's started.  They were about ready to transition from living alone anyway and the daily life complications brought on by the lockdown worked in our favor to have them move in with minimal resistance.   His decline over the last couple months has been rapid as the heart failure condition brought on many other related issues. 

We hope to provide a dignified and mostly painfree '18th' for him to play out the round.  

As other have said, my condolences.