Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

44 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Haven’t really shared here but my younger sister has been fighting cancer and we got a phone call a couple days ago…she’s going to lose the fight.  She’s now in hospice, weeks maybe months left.  34 years old.

Not about me at all but this already a stressful time; we’re mid-move and won’t have keys to our new place until 23 July…our stuff is in storage and we’re in and out of hotels in the interim.  Can’t really get a workout in, golf rounds are few and far between, no speed training…my options to deal with the stress are limited.

We are actually in Cape Cod right now for a couple beach days; should be a nice distraction.

I'm very sorry to hear about your sister, cancer is a horrible disease. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. 

52 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Haven’t really shared here but my younger sister has been fighting cancer and we got a phone call a couple days ago…she’s going to lose the fight.  She’s now in hospice, weeks maybe months left.  34 years old.

Not about me at all but this already a stressful time; we’re mid-move and won’t have keys to our new place until 23 July…our stuff is in storage and we’re in and out of hotels in the interim.  Can’t really get a workout in, golf rounds are few and far between, no speed training…my options to deal with the stress are limited.

We are actually in Cape Cod right now for a couple beach days; should be a nice distraction.

Cancer SUCKS no two ways about it. Keep up the good fight and don't let this period of time define what made your sister special.  Take care and remember your spy family has your six. Peace.

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick

2 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Sorry to hear.  Hopefully you find some solace on the Cape.  I always enjoyed that area when I used to go as a kid.  Here if you need us.

6 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Sorry to hear this. I know how hard it is.... I've been through it too many times. There is nothing to be said to make it better or easier. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

48 minutes ago, silver & black said:

Sorry to hear this. I know how hard it is.... I've been through it too many times. There is nothing to be said to make it better or easier. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

This also goes for me.....................................reach out here if you ever have the need to do so.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

7 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

So sorry to hear about this. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

10 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I went through the same thing last year although my sister was older than me. 39 was when we lost her last year. If you need anything let me know I am all too familiar with this feeling as I did it last year hospice and everything.

It's been kind of a trying week here. Our cat Mr. Socksie ran up the stairs, let out a yowl, and it appeared he hurt his lower back. He was up and at it soon, but he did it again jumping up on a table. 

20201215_185927-01.jpeg.2a44b9379293e5587e6273cc153e9c9b.jpeg

We took him to the vet and they didn't say much except they guessed he might be anemic. The next day he was worse, not eating like usual, and it was back to the vet for an overnight stay. 

They finally determined he has congestive heart failure and a heart murmur. We brought him home and still wasn't doing better, so yesterday I had to take him back for what we thought might be the last time. We were devastated, especially my wife because she's his person and she rescued him as a kitten fourteen years ago. 

I took him in and the doctor immediately realized he was low on electrolytes. He prescribed potassium, gave us food that we can give him through a syringe ( he doesn't have much of an appetite and hasn't ate in four days), and gave us medicine to clear fluid out of his lungs. 

He's doing better, we're still feeding him through the syringe but he's standing better and seems to be less exhausted than he was. We've got to take him back to get a scan of his heart and determine what treatment he needs. 

8 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

It's been kind of a trying week here. Our cat Mr. Socksie ran up the stairs, let out a yowl, and it appeared he hurt his lower back. He was up and at it soon, but he did it again jumping up on a table. 

20201215_185927-01.jpeg.2a44b9379293e5587e6273cc153e9c9b.jpeg

We took him to the vet and they didn't say much except they guessed he might be anemic. The next day he was worse, not eating like usual, and it was back to the vet for an overnight stay. 

They finally determined he has congestive heart failure and a heart murmur. We brought him home and still wasn't doing better, so yesterday I had to take him back for what we thought might be the last time. We were devastated, especially my wife because she's his person and she rescued him as a kitten fourteen years ago. 

I took him in and the doctor immediately realized he was low on electrolytes. He prescribed potassium, gave us food that we can give him through a syringe ( he doesn't have much of an appetite and hasn't ate in four days), and gave us medicine to clear fluid out of his lungs. 

He's doing better, we're still feeding him through the syringe but he's standing better and seems to be less exhausted than he was. We've got to take him back to get a scan of his heart and determine what treatment he needs. 

Hope they find the problem and pull him thru this.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

15 hours ago, Rickp said:

Hope they find the problem and pull him thru this.

Jason

Best wishes for your cat and all the feelings you and your wife have that go along with having a pet for a long time.

Sometimes they actually feel more like a child or huge part of your family. 

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

• 2 weeks later...

Back was itching the last few days and today I saw an engorged tick in my back. Can’t reach the middle, too big of shoulders. Saw my neighbor outside and he was nice enough to pull it for me. Sending the sucker off for it to be tested for disease so I can get on top of it if there is anything.

Jason, those covers may be installed at the dealer, as they may have been used for some type of hook to hold the car secure during transport.

You may want to look thoroughly in the trunk and possibly glove compartment or center console, as the vehicle assembly plant typically includes them in the vehicle somewhere.

If not, the dealer should be able to get replacements. 

5 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

Jason, those covers may be installed at the dealer, as they may have been used for some type of hook to hold the car secure during transport.

You may want to look thoroughly in the trunk and possibly glove compartment or center console, as the vehicle assembly plant typically includes them in the vehicle somewhere.

If not, the dealer should be able to get replacements. 

That's a good idea, Robert! I'll give the car a good looking over and see if they just forgot to install them at the lease center. I honestly didn't know what they were covering up. I looked inside in holes and saw a threaded circular tube and was just scratching my head. I guess working on the cockpit line I don't see some of the things they actually do to the car itself. 

Seeing how I work for a driveline supplier for the OEM's and have been to numerous sites and facilities, I have some more exposure to not only how they get assembled, but transported across the various areas of the world too once a vehicle leaves it's assembly plant.

Even if they aren't in the vehicle, the lease company/dealer should be able to get replacements.

The threaded tubes actually are for threaded hook devices to be inserted to hold the vehicle during transport.

@rkj427 I checked the trunk, center console, and glove compartment and didn't find them. Hopefully they still have them at the leasing office or can acquire some. I believe they can. If not, I might be able to hit up the dealership and see if they might be able to round some up. 

Also Robert, thank you for the kind words about Mr Socksie. He's recovering well and right now his breathing has improved and he doesn't have congestive heart failure. His right back leg is weak and we're having to crate him to keep him from jumping. We do bring him out for exercise and a bit of spoiling. He's a sweet bean. 

On 7/6/2022 at 8:00 AM, tommc23 said:

Back was itching the last few days and today I saw an engorged tick in my back. Can’t reach the middle, too big of shoulders. Saw my neighbor outside and he was nice enough to pull it for me. Sending the sucker off for it to be tested for disease so I can get on top of it if there is anything.

Sorry to hear that and hope it's nothing.  Have you checked your dogs?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 7/6/2022 at 11:00 AM, tommc23 said:

Hopefully you didn't get anything from the tick. It's scary with things like Lyme Disease and knowing some can cause an allergy to red meat. I've gotten at least 4 off me and a couple have gotten buried in my wife. 

3 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

@rkj427 I checked the trunk, center console, and glove compartment and didn't find them. Hopefully they still have them at the leasing office or can acquire some. I believe they can. If not, I might be able to hit up the dealership and see if they might be able to round some up. 

Also Robert, thank you for the kind words about Mr Socksie. He's recovering well and right now his breathing has improved and he doesn't have congestive heart failure. His right back leg is weak and we're having to crate him to keep him from jumping. We do bring him out for exercise and a bit of spoiling. He's a sweet bean. 

Did you check in the spare tire area. That is where they keep the threaded transport hold down hooks. They usually put the covers there as well.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

10 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Hopefully you didn't get anything from the tick. It's scary with things like Lyme Disease and knowing some can cause an allergy to red meat. I've gotten at least 4 off me and a couple have gotten buried in my wife. 

I’m sending the tick off to get checked for diseases. I’m also going to call my doctor about getting on an antibiotic preemptively 

13 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Did you check in the spare tire area. That is where they keep the threaded transport hold down hooks. They usually put the covers there as well.

I kind of peeked in there, but didn't give it the best it looks. I'll give it a better look and see if I can find them. Thanks Tom!

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

Been a rough 24 hours. Our Great Dane was diagnosed a few months ago with a heart condition that unfortunately cannot be treated anymore with medicine. Had to call the vet today to make her final appointment and it absolutely gutted me. Spent my entire drive from VA to NY with tears in my eyes. Spent most of last night with her and it just kills me to have to say goodbye. Today and tomorrow are just going to flat out suck. 

I'm sorry to hear this! I had to put my first pit rescue down a few years back at 9 yo because she had a brain tumor. I remember holding her while the vet injected her. It was heartbreaking. But, she gave me the opportunity to save another amazing pit's life. 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9º | Ping Tour 2.0 Black 75S

Fairway Wood: Ping G430 Max 3W 15º | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 75S

Hybrids: Ping G425 Max 3H 19º | Tensei Orange 80S & Ping 4i iCrossover 22.5° | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 Forged (5-GW) | Dynamic Gold 120 S300

Wedges: Ping s159 54º & 58º | PING Z-Z115

Putter: Ping Anser (2023)

Ball: ProV1x

7 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

Been a rough 24 hours. Our Great Dane was diagnosed a few months ago with a heart condition that unfortunately cannot be treated anymore with medicine. Had to call the vet today to make her final appointment and it absolutely gutted me. Spent my entire drive from VA to NY with tears in my eyes. Spent most of last night with her and it just kills me to have to say goodbye. Today and tomorrow are just going to flat out suck. 

Sorry for your loss. I had to put one of my Greys down three years ago today and it is a tough thing to go through.

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2

Fairway Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 2 5&7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 Moon Wood 8

Irons: TaylorMade Stealth HD

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 56° & 60°

Putter: Cleveland Soft Milled 5

BatCaddy X8R

16 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

So sorry to hear this mate.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Sorry for the loss of your pup and friend. They get to be important part of the family.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

It's devastating as our pets are family. So sorry for your loss.....   😥

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Thanks guys it has been a rough few days with the family. In our pup’s true last act of love she went on her own terms at home surrounded by the family. Not sure it is any easier but she didn’t force me to make a decision that I didn’t want to make. She is no longer in pain and hopefully her and my Newfie are tearing it up on the other side. 

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond