Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
ole gray

Got Problems?

Not one to post private life. But going thru a divorce and a son that has health issues is real tough this time of year. Keeping my chin up and realizing that thru bad times good will happen 

God bless. I’m a prayerful person, so if faith is a part of your life, lean on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wife decided to wait till just a few days ago to tell me her brakes were going bad on her car....

5 hours later a 45 minute job is done. I hate living in the rust belt. Absolutely destroyed her car. Even washing it once a week it looks like it’s been at the bottom of the ocean for the last 4 years.

What a waste of money. It’s almost paid off and it is falling apart, we should be looking for a replacement after what I saw today..... The joys of salted roads.

Yuck. I remember how my parents always paid for the “undercoat” when we lived in Michigan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

On 11/23/2018 at 1:01 PM, Jmikecpa said:

Anyone ever use progressive eyeglass lenses or multi focal contacts? Found out at my eye appointment today that I am a candidate for both. This over 40 thing really is starting to suck in a lot of ways.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I wear progressive lenses and cannot golf with them at all.  I can see well enough to play but couldn't read the scorecard, bought a talking gps cuz I couldn't see my phone and the ball at address looked fuzzy.  Went to the eye doctor yesterday and Essilor makes a golf specific progressive lens.  Pricey but whatever.  Instead of magnification on the bottom you get distance.  It is a 4 zone lens that people swear by.  Giving them a try and will update once I get them in 3 weeks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wedgie said:

I wear progressive lenses and cannot golf with them at all.  I can see well enough to play but couldn't read the scorecard, bought a talking gps cuz I couldn't see my phone and the ball at address looked fuzzy.  Went to the eye doctor yesterday and Essilor makes a golf specific progressive lens.  Pricey but whatever.  Instead of magnification on the bottom you get distance.  It is a 4 zone lens that people swear by.  Giving them a try and will update once I get them in 3 weeks.

That's very interesting. I wear progressives and I do golf with them , however, I believe it distorts the line for putting (at least that's my excuse). Let us know how you make out with them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wedgie said:

I hope they work out.  I hate wearing prescription glasses when I play, so I don't.  I can get by OK without them.

• Like 1

Just another $5,800 weekend...

Over the years, I've been forced to replace broken and bad parts and pieces in the house just like any other red-blooded mortgage holder (i.e.: "American Dream"), and like many I'm sure, many of those revolve around kitchen appliances. Our house is only about 7-years old at most and we've been in it for 6-1/2 of those. It was basically brand new when we moved in and it came with all, mid-tier appliances you'd expect to find in a decent middle-class house.

First, the garbage disposal died. I purchased a bigger, badder one and got it replaced, no prob. $300😐

The very next week, the dishwasher started to leak. New Bosch high-end in its place. $1,000🤨

Just before Christmas of 2016, our microwave (a drawer-style one that fits below the counter) smoked. Direct replacement was $1,200🙄

Now the gas oven is on the fritz...most likely a bad igniter that will be fixed later this week. But I want a better one, so I decided to see if I'd be allowed to upgrade it with a bad-a** 6-burner model (I cook a lot). The answer was "yes", but I could only do so if I allowed the War Department to get a replacement fridge also...😩. Even though we aren't getting a Wolf range and a Sub-Zero fridge, we still got worked for $5,800 (includes tax, delivery & set-up), and they will be swapped out Saturday. Our original fridge is already sold, so that's good, but damn...😳

Home ownership is great, isn't it???!!

• Like 3

Just another $5,800 weekend...
Over the years, I've been forced to replace broken and bad parts and pieces in the house just like any other red-blooded mortgage holder (i.e.: "American Dream"), and like many I'm sure, many of those revolve around kitchen appliances. Our house is only about 7-years old at most and we've been in it for 6-1/2 of those. It was basically brand new when we moved in and it came with all, mid-tier appliances you'd expect to find in a decent middle-class house.
First, the garbage disposal died. I purchased a bigger, badder one and got it replaced, no prob. $300
The very next week, the dishwasher started to leak. New Bosch high-end in its place. $1,000🤨
Just before Christmas of 2016, our microwave (a drawer-style one that fits below the counter) smoked. Direct replacement was $1,200
Now the gas oven is on the fritz...most likely a bad igniter that will be fixed later this week. But I want a better one, so I decided to see if I'd be allowed to upgrade it with a bad-a** 6-burner model (I cook a lot). The answer was "yes", but I could only do so if I allowed the War Department to get a replacement fridge also.... Even though we aren't getting a Wolf range and a Sub-Zero fridge, we still got worked for $5,800 (includes tax, delivery & set-up), and they will be swapped out Saturday. Our original fridge is already sold, so that's good, but damn...
Home ownership is great, isn't it???!!

And just think you still have the furnace, AC, water heater,...........that will be replaced in the future.....oh and I forgot washer and dryer.......

The joys of home ownership.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

And just think you still have the furnace, AC, water heater,...........that will be replaced in the future.....oh and I forgot washer and dryer.......

The joys of home ownership.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I know, I know...dammit! The W&D we got brand new when we moved in. High-end Maytags. 2-months after the warranty expired, so did the bushing for the washer tub. $300 later....so much for the Maytag man...

Those other three things I don't even wanna get thinking on...

• Like 1

My tolerance for snowmobiles has dwindled significantly since living here.

The come here, destroy the towns, are generally under the influence , flying around on a 500 pound missile... almost got smoked by one today.

Annoyingly loud, disrespectful...

There’s other people trying to enjoy the outdoors without a fart can attached to an engine. Stay on your designated trails!!!

Yes, not all are bad, and I used to enjoy them myself. But the uneducated people drive me nuts... no need to be going 60mph in town.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Shankster said:

The come here, destroy the towns, are generally under the influence , flying around on a 500 pound missile... almost got smoked by one today.

There’s other people trying to enjoy the outdoors without a fart can attached to an engine. Stay on your designated trails!!!

Yes, not all are bad, and I used to enjoy them myself. But the uneducated people drive me nuts... no need to be going 60mph in town.

That's nuts.... hopefully the local authorities crack down on that before someone is hurt.

On a somewhat related note, I was in San Antonio last week and they have those Uber-like scooters that you can leave anywhere and apparently you don't need to know how to operate them. Imbeciles riding at top speed (15?) on the sidewalk almost ran me over. 

• Like 2

That's nuts.... hopefully the local authorities crack down on that before someone is hurt.
On a somewhat related note, I was in San Antonio last week and they have those Uber-like scooters that you can leave anywhere and apparently you don't need to know how to operate them. Imbeciles riding at top speed (15?) on the sidewalk almost ran me over. 

At least 5 deaths every winter.

Someone already hit a pedestrian this year and killed them.

It’s getting real bad. The town goes from a nice quaint little place to snowmobile hell.

36 minutes ago, Shankster said:

In the summertime we have the lake version of those called Jet Skis or PWC's. According to the law you have to be at least 16 and passed a written boating test. I often see preteens driving these things at 50-60 mph. Shame on the grandparents and parents that allow this. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Charli said:

Going from -15 to 53 degrees. My skin isn’t ready for changes like this. 

Yea I know the feeling I'm probably going to sweat like a pig

I’m on-call this weekend and this morning while checking on our pump stations, work in water distribution, one of them is losing 100,000 gallons. You would figure it would be easy to find, wrong. Been looking all morning for about 6 hours and finally give up. I guess I’ll start fresh in the morning. #hateworkingweekends

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I hate being a mechanic.

I maintain our vehicles meticulously, since our lovely temps last week, my car has taken a turn for the worse, I believe I have a stuck lifter.

Wife’s car... starter went today. $1500 service for a Toyota.

Who ever I told to get a Toyota... belay that.

1500 for a starter?!?!

Can't you do the starter yourself? Would you take it to an independent shop instead of a stealership?

Can't you do the starter yourself? Would you take it to an independent shop instead of a stealership?

100% could if it is a certain engine year. I haven’t looked yet because of the temps.

Some of the Toyota’s have the starter under the intake manifold. I don’t have the time to take the top of the engine apart.

The other model it is blocked by the exhaust manifold, another hurdle.

Not as easy as a Chevy.

I’ll be out messing with it today to locate the starter and update as I begin this project.
  • Like 1

someone ran into the front of my car while it was parked in an outdoor car park.🙄

I've now had 7hrs of tel calls between insurers, underwriters, car hire people, body shop repairer, the other parties insurer, plus having to take pictures of the damage, pictures of every angle of my car, pictures of the dashboard and mileage, vin numbers, pictures of the back and sides of my car, upload it all to their website, fend of their service provider etc all for something not my fault 😡

Now I'll be without my car for about 2 weeks and have to use the one the rental provider will give me, which won't be anywhere near the same as mine. 😢

On the bright side at least the other party waited for me to return to my car and admitted liability. I had similar 10 yrs ago and they fled the scene leaving me to foot the huge bodywork bill.

Happy Monday 😏