ole gray

Got Problems?

You didn't work for First Energy did you Max?

I was laid off with 800 others from there in 09.

Those were tough years for manufacturing.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Getting my Ford Explorer Sport Trac ready for the winter season before heading through the Columbia Gorge for Christmas.  Everything checked out, oil changed, new tires.  Ran some errands this morning and stopped at my wife's business for lunch.  Truck won't start!!  Fortunately, our mechanic's shop is across the street.  He was there in 5 minutes.  Ran all the codes.  Not getting gas.  The good news is that he has 3 cars waiting for parts that will be here Monday, so he can replace the fuel pump this afternoon.  The bad news is the pump is in the fuel tank.  So is a full tank of gas.  $600  Merry Christmas to me.

• Like 4

Getting my Ford Explorer Sport Trac ready for the winter season before heading through the Columbia Gorge for Christmas. Everything checked out, oil changed, new tires. Ran some errands this morning and stopped at my wife's business for lunch. Truck won't start!! Fortunately, our mechanic's shop is across the street. He was there in 5 minutes. Ran all the codes. Not getting gas. The good news is that he has 3 cars waiting for parts that will be here Monday, so he can replace the fuel pump this afternoon. The bad news is the pump is in the fuel tank. So is a full tank of gas. $600 Merry Christmas to me.

Ugh.. Sorry to hear that. Had a similar problem with my Lexus. It was throwing up a code and basically the part was inside the tank so they had to empty the tank that was just topped off just like you, but it was still driveable. I guess I could of let the error continue, but I didn't know what further damage the issue would cause. That cost me $1100 to fix. Was not a happy camper...

MDGolfHacker

• Like 4

Why do the clients always want to throw a conference call right at the end of my day , on a Friday no less!? Normally it wouldn't bother me, but with the holidays, a lot is going on after work..

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

Matt in '09 I think every one was laying off. And my 401k was disappearing faster then.......well you know.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Why do the clients always want to throw a conference call right at the end of my day , on a Friday no less!? Normally it wouldn't bother me, but with the holidays, a lot is going on after work..

MDGolfHacker

I'm having “horrible flashbacks “!!

• Like 3

MDGolfHacker

Could be worse - it could be a face to face meeting. At least on conference calls you can do those in shorts and check MGS during the call.

• Like 2

Could be worse - it could be a face to face meeting. At least on conference calls you can do those in shorts and check MGS during the call.

Wait, what!? We're you spying on me?? 😂🤣😂 pretty much what I was doing... And the golf channel on in the background... Muted of course!

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

More “flashbacks”!!!

Had a client in Bucks Co Pa who used to want me for a “engineering conference” and always on Friday afternoon. Great ride home from Montgomeryville Pa to Central Ct on a Friday evening thru New Jersey and NYC.

Fun times!

This was B4 video conferencing.

• Like 1

You didn't work for First Energy did you Max?

I was laid off with 800 others from there in 09.

AT&T. I was a manager in Uverse/DirecTV. That group has been bleeding money so they laid off about 10000 a year ago and rumor has it, more coming next year.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Dental work today and when the numbness wore off. It wasn't fun.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that :(

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

It's a PIA but gotta get done.

• Like 1

Those were tough years for manufacturing.

Mate, no manufacturing. Electric company, one of the largest in the country. I looked after the security for the line shops in Ohio and Western PA, by myself.

Matt in '09 I think every one was laying off. And my 401k was disappearing faster then.......well you know.

Yeah, it was tough. Took me 2 years to find another job at half what I was making.

AT&T. I was a manager in Uverse/DirecTV. That group has been bleeding money so they laid off about 10000 a year ago and rumor has it, more coming next year.

Wow!

• Like 1

I'm an idiot.. Thought I'd be able to rake the leaves up before the snow started... That was a big Negatory, nope, no way... Now I'm committed to getting er done...

MDGolfHacker

• Like 4

I'm an idiot.. Thought I'd be able to rake the leaves up before the snow started... That was a big Negatory, nope, no way... Now I'm committed to getting er done...

MDGolfHacker

I forgot about the stoopit gutters .. and it's coming down here now.... No prob.. May get another shot at it later this week anyway.
  • Like 4

MDGolfHacker

I stayed on top of it this year and as of last Sunday, the yard was spotless and almost all trees had no leaves. Front came through Monday and brought high winds and blew the crap from the street back into my yard. I came home from work Monday to see a mini tornado of leaves swirling around my front yard.

Mother nature wins this round, I'm done until spring.

• Like 6

I forgot about the stoopit gutters .. and it's coming down here now.... No prob.. May get another shot at it later this week anyway.

That's why I installed gutter guards. Works like a charm :)

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

Or cut down all the trees that are close enough to leave deposits in your gutters

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Problem there is wind blows the leaves from your neighbors tree...

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2