Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

1 minute ago, jlukes said:

Yeah, I don't think we have to go THAT extreme, but I look at the forum as a place to discuss equipment and experiences with different clubs and fun on the course.  When people do google searches for equipment, they are often given results that contain forum threads.

If a new person clicks on a google search result link and they find a thread on MGS about a specific club and then 4 posts into the thread it turns into a debate about costs/modern technology sucking/etc, than that person is likely never to come back to the MGS forums and MGS loses a potential community member.

I know I found the MGS forums this way, but the forums in their current state (outside of the awesome forum member testing threads), are more likely to drive someone away from ever joining our community.

That is such a great point.  I don't know the exact percentage, but I recall John or Adam telling me once that the number of first time visits we get from that far outweighs anything else.  Same with the blog posts, if someone reads a great piece by Tony or John, and as a result if the person clicks on the forum, we want to make sure any content they are likely to read, entices them to come back.  

As you guys may have noticed with the recent thread from a few weeks back, we are looking for new and hopefully you will find fun content and ideas to bring to the forum next year. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Actually, I love what you bring to this forum.  Like me, you attempt to snuff out BS and mis-information ASAP by presenting factual information.  There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that.  

Thanks, but when discussions turn to putting I am pretty opinionated because that is my favorite aspect of the game and I feel like I have learned a lot of great information about putters and putting. Just like I feel strongly about my opinions I have to remember that other people have strong and not necessarily wrong opinions as well. I am going to continue to post my thoughts, but remember to be open to opposing views. After all, I am hear to gather information and learn just as much as I am here to provide info.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Thanks, but when discussions turn to putting I am pretty opinionated because that is my favorite aspect of the game and I feel like I have learned a lot of great information about putters and putting. Just like I feel strongly about my opinions I have to remember that other people have strong and not necessarily wrong opinions as well. I am going to continue to post my thoughts, but remember to be open to opposing views. After all, I am hear to gather information and learn just as much as I am here to provide info.

You are kinda a putting Nerd...ha  meaning that as a high compliment.  

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

There is a difference between an opinion presented in a persuasive, discussion prompting manner (what you do), and an opinion persented in a belligerent, arrogant , assuming that you are always right manner. (What some others do)

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

11 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Actually, I love what you bring to this forum.  Like me, you attempt to snuff out BS and mis-information ASAP by presenting factual information.  There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that.  

Agreed.  Although he is usually one who tries to reason with me about, "do you really need another set of irons, you have fifteen perfectly nice ones"  😂

...it's okay to have differing opinions and not agree with each other in a civil and respectful manner.

maybe once you type out the post, stop, re-read it, think "will this help further the conversation or is it something else?" if it's something else maybe send a direct message to the person who has upset you instead of posting within the thread.  IMHO blog posts/threads should never get personal; there is a method for taking something offline and having a 1-1 discussion.

it's also okay to just not reply...

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

9 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Opposing views and opinions are one thing, but if someone states someone that is scientifically false, then it should be pointed out and they should be shown the correct information so that others coming into the thread dont start making assumptions off of bad information

Agreed.  Although he is usually one who tries to reason with me about, "do you really need another set of irons, you have fifteen perfectly nice ones"  

It is only because I have sort of cured myself of that illness. I used to have about a dozen putters and other that the occasional experiment I am down to 1 putter. Now if I could just reduce the 3 putt percentage when I leave myself 30+ feet.

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Buddy I know has never got fitted for any club in his bag. It’s very frustrating because he seems to think because it’s a Scotty it’s gold and because it’s ping it’s gold. How many strokes do you really think he’s leaving on the table? Also he never even swung any of these clubs before buying. He’s an 18 index

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

It's not even just the religion and politics stuff.  Some people do nothing but complain about golf equipment, other golfers, etc etc.  It's like they don't like anything about the game and have nothing better to do then complain about it to a bunch of strangers on the internet.  And the problem is it is not confined to one thread that I can simply ignore.  It seems to rear its head in almost every single thread about golf or equipment and it's exhausting.

Well, at least you didn't list the issue of slow play as exhausting.  There is plenty of meat left on that bone.

rolling.gif

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

10 minutes ago, Charli said:

Buddy I know has never got fitted for any club in his bag. It’s very frustrating because he seems to think because it’s a Scotty it’s gold and because it’s ping it’s gold. How many strokes do you really think he’s leaving on the table? Also he never even swung any of these clubs before buying. He’s an 18 index

If I had to wager a guess Charli, I'd say a couple, maybe 2-3 a round. Obviously a fitting isn't a cure all state, but it'll probably help his game to get stuff to minimize his misses and help his good stuff. However, he shouldn't expect it to go to a single digit guy through a fitting. But getting to a 13-14 in one season could be on the table.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

What happened to the rest of your putters? ,
I've got this huge,
ugly,
buffalo vinyl,
red, white, and blue
Hogan staff bag stuffed with my old putters.
I've no idea why.

I sold them; they weren’t right for my stroke. Helped me not switch as I went through the learning process

38 minutes ago, Charli said:

I'm with @bergtaur... it depends on how well he hits what he has but at least 3 a round; which isn't going to seem like much but if he's an 18 that means going from 90 to shooting 87 and once you get to 87 you realize how quickly you can get to 85 by reviewing your round and figuring out where you're losing shots.

Once you get to 85 (13 index) you now start thinking strongly of getting into the single digits....

I just think it is the first domino to becoming a more well-rounded player - clubs that fit, playing smart and strategic, reviewing the round to determine where you need to focus to get better, etc.

IMHO golf is a game predicated on confidence; once you have clubs that are fit to your body/swing/style that confidence goes way up and you have a chance to really improve.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Chrysler Pacifica report: dealer fixed the “fuel sensor”. $111.11.

Wife drove LESS than 2 miles, another check engine light: air sensor.

Talked to a buddy to try and get out of this vehicle, but no possible way.

Well, this will be our last Chrysler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Chrysler Pacifica report: dealer fixed the “fuel sensor”. $111.11.

Wife drove LESS than 2 miles, another check engine light: air sensor.

Talked to a buddy to try and get out of this vehicle, but no possible way.

Well, this will be our last Chrysler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm sensing a trend here🤭

Sorry couldn't resist. But that does seriously suck.

Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver and HF2 irons Pre Release Testing

Hey now!!!

Wow that's a lot of rain and very fitting for a rant thread! I thought I had a lot lot to complain about since we've had on and off rain for the past week. Our course is soaked but still playable - but cart path only.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

🤬🤬🤬🤬

I’m out of here!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

OG I hope you stay as I've always found you're posts appropriate and interesting.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

A little rant -  If you read the car buying thread, my wife and I bought her a new(er) vehicle a few weeks ago.  It's a used 2017 Volvo XC60 SUV.  Nice car and she likes it a lot.  We bought it from a very reputable used car lot in town.  The only problem is that it only came with one remote key; we need two.  It must be purchased at a Volvo dealer, of course, and it must be paired with the car and other remote to make sure they work together.  The problem other than the $350 cost?  We have no Volvo dealer within 250 miles; Portland or Seattle.  Fortunately, I am in Corvallis, OR this weekend visiting my dad on his 88th birthday, and there is a Volvo dealer in town.  I'm scheduled in their service dept tomorrow morning.
Sorry didn't read this sooner, might've saved you some $ and hassle -- you can put the Volvo app on a smartphone and lock/unlock, remote start, etc., even check the car's location on a map.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I’m out of here!

What? Why??!!??

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

A little rant -  If you read the car buying thread, my wife and I bought her a new(er) vehicle a few weeks ago.  It's a used 2017 Volvo XC60 SUV.  Nice car and she likes it a lot.  We bought it from a very reputable used car lot in town.  The only problem is that it only came with one remote key; we need two.  It must be purchased at a Volvo dealer, of course, and it must be paired with the car and other remote to make sure they work together.  The problem other than the $350 cost?  We have no Volvo dealer within 250 miles; Portland or Seattle.  Fortunately, I am in Corvallis, OR this weekend visiting my dad on his 88th birthday, and there is a Volvo dealer in town.  I'm scheduled in their service dept tomorrow morning.

Been there unfortunately... my wife wanted a remote start in her S40 and in the end was about $1000. I needed a key so they could bypass the security system and was around $400! All around bad experience getting it installed and it only sometimes worked haha.
Wouldn’t recommend it but they probably come standard by now.

I hope it all works out for you!

54 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:
8 hours ago, ole gray said:
emoji78.pngemoji78.pngemoji78.pngemoji78.pngemoji35.pngemoji35.pngemoji35.pngemoji35.pngemoji37.pngemoji37.pngemoji37.pngemoji37.pngemoji2959.pngemoji2959.pngemoji2959.pngemoji2959.pngemoji631.pngemoji631.pngemoji631.pngemoji631.pngemoji631.pngemoji631.pngemoji631.pngemoji631.png

I’m out of here! emoji37.png

What? Why??!!??

43 minutes ago, Charli said:

Out of here how?! This country for vacation? This website for the night? Golf in general? We need answers 

I think it was this thread he was referring to.  Nifty and him were getting pissed at each other for posting about politics, so Ole Gray decided to leave.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

3 hours ago, cksurfdude said:
On 10/21/2018 at 3:23 PM, Kenny B said:

Sorry didn't read this sooner, might've saved you some $ and hassle -- you can put the Volvo app on a smartphone and lock/unlock, remote start, etc., even check the car's location on a map.

So that's how the thieves get in and steal the car!!  😉

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Ok- a big pet peeve of mine is toilet roll, over or under?

Under just breaks me out in a hot flush- over is the ONLY way 😋

tdy_tren_paper_150319.jpg

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Ok- a big pet peeve of mine is toilet roll, over or under?
Under just breaks me out in a hot flush- over is the ONLY way 

tdy_tren_paper_150319.thumb.jpg.5a2ab690cf039c96a1231cca5133c746.jpg

I'm convinced anyone who rolls under is a psychopath. THIS is the correct way to roll your TP:

BOG%2BPAPER.jpg

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

This is a pic of the original patent for toilet paper rolls...if you don't do it this way you're WRONG! 😀

tpperforated1.jpg

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Here's my rant...earlier this year, half of one of the Bradford pears came down onto the back patio and I had to take a day off to clean it up.

This morning while eating breakfast we heard several loud cracking noises followed by a big thump...yep, the rest of that bastard came down. Nothing got hit this time and I guess it'll save me the money of having it removed but I really wanted to brew another batch of beer on Monday, not clean up a tree.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!