Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

7 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Are you friendly with one or more of them, where you could shoot a text or make a quick call? 

Did that when I first noticed the handicap sheets were changing, and I'm first alphabetically on the sheets. Asmittedly, better player has been a problem with this group because the guy who runs the league and my proxy the club (state park golf course so no real infrastructure) is a bit of a jerk if I'm honest who feels like he's owed things. We've gone from 3 tournaments a year with 20-25 people involved to like 8-10 people and no tournaments

I'm gonna send an email to my old partner on Thursday when the tee times are supposed to come since he plays in the skins to see what's up.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

20 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Did that when I first noticed the handicap sheets were changing, and I'm first alphabetically on the sheets. Asmittedly, better player has been a problem with this group because the guy who runs the league and my proxy the club (state park golf course so no real infrastructure) is a bit of a jerk if I'm honest who feels like he's owed things. We've gone from 3 tournaments a year with 20-25 people involved to like 8-10 people and no tournaments

I'm gonna send an email to my old partner on Thursday when the tee times are supposed to come since he plays in the skins to see what's up.

Let us know how things work out. I know I've been on both sides of a group email/contact where someone assumes that someone else is going to respond... and no one ever does. That's why I asked if you were friendly with one or two of them that you could contact directly. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 hour ago, Berg Ryman said:

If the field has been shrunk down to 1/3 it’s normal level then it likely isn’t you and you alone RB. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

So, I think I've been frozen out of the group of guys I've played golf with for the past 5 years. There have probably been skins games going on since the league started back up in June and while I don't regularly play in that, I usually play on most Saturdays. However, since I asked if they were happening, no emails for nearly 4 weeks.
This upsets me.

Maybe not, at least hope not. Check w the guys you know the best and ask them Whassup. I know we’ve occasionally lost email addresses when doing groups.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

22 minutes ago, bens197 said:

If the field has been shrunk down to 1/3 it’s normal level then it likely isn’t you and you alone RB. 

Oh, I know. It's always the better players. I just have so much wrapped up at the course. It's where I played in high school, it's where I played back into competition, it's where I was a volunteer coach for some of the kids on the team after me, it's the home course I've always had.

In all honesty, I could save money and maybe join a course instead of paying for rounds around CNY.

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

Are you friendly with one or more of them, where you could shoot a text or make a quick call? 

Yup, can’t let it hang there. Need to follow up.

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Berg Ryman said:

Oh, I know. It's always the better players. I just have so much wrapped up at the course. It's where I played in high school, it's where I played back into competition, it's where I was a volunteer coach for some of the kids on the team after me, it's the home course I've always had.

In all honesty, I could save money and maybe join a course instead of paying for rounds around CNY.

RB I’m going to preface this by saying there is nothing that people love more than unsolicited advice. 

If you’re losing friends and acquaintances as you grow, you’re winning at life. That may sound silly but it’s a sign that you’re growing toward what you want and you’re not settling just to appease others. Let it be if that’s the case and go ahead with what’s in front of you brother. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

40 minutes ago, bens197 said:

RB I’m going to preface this by saying there is nothing that people love more than unsolicited advice. 

If you’re losing friends and acquaintances as you grow, you’re winning at life. That may sound silly but it’s a sign that you’re growing toward what you want and you’re not settling just to appease others. Let it be if that’s the case and go ahead with what’s in front of you brother. 

Understood bens, and taken into massive consideration. Maybe it's just time to move on if possible.

SIK Golf Flo-C

35 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Understood bens, and taken into massive consideration. Maybe it's just time to move on if possible.

Darn right 😊

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

Just got word that my online degree is not good enough for what I wanted to do.  This is terrible news, such a waste of time, energy and money. 

Sorry to hear that, I’m sure you’ll find something good out of this.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Might have jumped the gun.  Find out more later tonight hopefully.

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 7/13/2020 at 10:21 AM, Berg Ryman said:

Sounds like a tough situation Berg sorry to hear this. Also seems like a course you really have some sweat and tears in which isn’t right hope it works out for you *some people just suck*

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

Just got word that my online degree is not good enough for what I wanted to do.  This is terrible news, such a waste of time, energy and money. 

hopefully you jumped the gun but ridiculous if that’s the case. Tin hat me says *colleges trying to get you to sign more money over since they’re losing revenue past 6 months*

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

14 hours ago, Shankster said:

So what's the difference between the online degree and in person, besides the fact that you don't go to the actual school?

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

So what's the difference between the online degree and in person, besides the fact that you don't go to the actual school?

Depends on the company but many look at what the degree is in and is it a. Accredited university. For example A position may say bachelors degree, but it may have to be a specific bachelors or from an accredited engineering g school.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Addendum to post on Monday. Skins are happening on Saturday per the two guys I like in the league. I'll be there at 720 am.

SIK Golf Flo-C

Addendum to post on Monday. Skins are happening on Saturday per the two guys I like in the league. I'll be there at 720 am.

Glad to hear it worked out

Rick

Left Hand, 

... 720 AM is a radio station not an actual time any human should be awake. 🤣

Sorry Boss but I’m up @ 5:30 every morning. Started getting up & 5:00am for work 45+ years and can’t sleep past that hour. Wish I could.

Rick

Left Hand, 

23 minutes ago, chisag said:

... 720 AM is a radio station not an actual time any human should be awake. 🤣

I am with @Rickp in this one. Give me my coffee at 6 and a tee time @630

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

On 7/15/2020 at 6:12 PM, Rickp said:

Sorry Boss but I’m up @ 5:30 every morning. Started getting up & 5:00am for work 45+ years and can’t sleep past that hour. Wish I could.

... I am a night person, always have been. When I was doing the afternoon shift in Greenboro NC at WCOG, they gave me a hefty raise and promoted me to the morning shift 6am -10am. One night in late fall when it was getting dark, I woke up from a nap and saw it was 5:45 so I jumped out of bed and was in the car on the way to the station still half asleep before I realized the traffic was heavy because it was 5:45 PM not AM. LOL, that's when I knew mornings were not for me. I turned in my notice everyday for 3 months asking to go back to the 2pm-6pm shift, but they couldn't find another morning DJ they liked. I landed an afternoon shift in Athens Ga and could not get out of there fast enough. I shared an apartment with the morning guy and we almost never saw each other. He was asleep by 8:30 every night and in my 20's at the time, I was just getting warmed up and usually woke up around 9 -9:30am. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

... I am a night person, always have been. When I was doing the afternoon shift in Greenboro NC at WCOG, they gave me a hefty raise and promoted me to the morning shift 6am -10am. One night in late fall when it was getting dark, I woke up from a nap and saw it was 5:45 so I jumped out of bed and was in the car on the way to the station still half asleep before I realized it the traffic was heavy because it was 5:45 PM not AM. LOL, that's when I knew mornings were not for me. I turned in my notice everyday for 3 months asking to go back to the 2pm-6pm shift, but they couldn't find another morning DJ they liked. I landed an afternoon shift in Athens Ga and could not get out of there fast enough. I shared an apartment with the morning guy and we almost never saw each other. He was asleep by 8:30 every night and in my 20's at the time, I was just getting warmed up and usually woke up around 9 -9:30am. 

It’s amazing how people are different. SWMBO liked to stay up late and sleep later. FL weather has changed her to wake earlier when temperatures are cooler B4 afternoon get to roasting temps.

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

It’s amazing how people are different. SWMBO liked to stay up late and sleep later. FL weather has changed her to wake earlier when temperatures are cooler B4 afternoon get to roasting temps.

... Sooooooooo different. I used to go on a golf vacation with a Sales Mgr at our radio station that was awake early and at full mental/physical capacity in about 20 seconds. It takes me at least 2 hours to clear my head of fog and equally as long physically to get my back loose. At night he was tired and mentally checked out around 9 pm and I was ready for another 18. Folks be so different...

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I hate that my club's first tee time on the weekend is now 7 AM, it used to be 6 AM. I always try to get the one of the first tee times Sunday morning, usually 7:10 or 7:20 (one group always gets the 7:00). I wake up at 5 AM for my tee time.

On weekdays, I start my morning workouts at 5:30 AM. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

After my stint in the Army, I SWORE I'd sleep late and grow my hair out.

I still wake up WAY too early, even without an alarm clock, and I can't stand my hair growing out.  I'm 0-2.

Driver: :callaway-small: XR Speed 9º Project X HZRDUS T800 Stiff

3W : :ping-small: G 14.5º - Tour 80 stiff

Hybrid: :ping-small: G25 20º - TFC-189H stiff

Irons: :ping-small: 4-UW G30 Green Dot

Wedges: :ping-small: LW G30 Black Dot

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossie II

11 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I hate that my club's first tee time on the weekend is now 7 AM, it used to be 6 AM. I always try to get the one of the first tee times Sunday morning, usually 7:10 or 7:20 (one group always gets the 7:00). I wake up at 5 AM for my tee time.

On weekdays, I start my morning workouts at 5:30 AM. 

I love the first light tee times, I do not book anything past 8 am because the course gets too crowded.

I played at 6:38 this past Sunday, it was the second tee time of the day, missed on the 6:30 am I know every week they move up about 10 minutes, so in a couple of weeks we will be able to play 6 am tee times. 

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

14 hours ago, Lacassem said:

I am with @Rickp in this one. Give me my coffee at 6 and a tee time @630

My internal clock is usually set for a 5AM wake up call the last 5 years, but covid has changed that so now it's shifted to 8AM wake up 😁.  Just means I work later in the day☹️.   I still go to sleep at the same time though.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I worked at 4 am for a few years, before transitioning to day time last year, I still wake up at 2:45 every morning and have a hard time going back to sleep.

Edited by SnakeDoc

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

After my stint in the Army, I SWORE I'd sleep late and grow my hair out.
I still wake up WAY too early, even without an alarm clock, and I can't stand my hair growing out.  I'm 0-2.

Definitely feel your pain!

Rick

Left Hand,