ole gray

Got Problems?

On the bright side, at least there is no missing your friendly gestures now! What happened??

Sharpening a mower blade and was just a little too careless. Luckily SWMBO is a nurse and got me stitched up right away.

• Like 2

When you have plans to golf this evening and then decide to be an idiot.....

attachicon.gifIMG_1550.JPG

Saw the picture before I read your post. I thought I had done something wrong

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

I was on the course today stuck behind three guys and one of the guys' grandson. They went out about an hour before I did and by the front 9 I had caught up to them.(I play fairly fast first 9 in an hour and a half). I was near them on 10,11, and 12. On 13 I asked to play through. They were still on the teebox and I had finished the hole behind. They said no, they were with the group in front and trying to keep up. The group in front was on 17. Anyway I said okay. After I waited for them to hit thier tee shot and second shot and they were 300 yards down the fairway; I teed off carrying it about 240 and rolling out to 260. They then turned around yelled "What the F***?" and picked up my ball. What an example to set for your grandson? I then left the course for fear of golf ball sized hail in the vicinity of the group in front of me.

I hope you stopped at the pro shop to explain the wonderful example of golf etiquette displayed.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I hope you stopped at the pro shop to explain the wonderful example of golf etiquette displayed.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yes, they got notified rather quickly. They had a chat with the offending group. There are some nice perks to being good friends with the GM.
  • Like 2

Send out 60 something invitations 2 months ago for an Aussie BBQ, get 3 definite, 8 maybes and the rest no response.

2 turned up...had a great time but what's wrong with people not even responding.

• Like 7

Send out 60 something invitations 2 months ago for an Aussie BBQ, get 3 definite, 8 maybes and the rest no response.

2 turned up...had a great time but what's wrong with people not even responding.

Could have been worse; they could have said they were coming and didn't show up. We've had that happen. Then you're stuck with all the extra food

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I made 20lbs of sausages...we'll freeze them and eat them so that's fine, but I could have only made 10lbs and had left overs.

• Like 2

When you have plans to golf this evening and then decide to be an idiot.....

attachicon.gifIMG_1550.JPG

hope it all turned out ok...

MDGolfHacker

Uh...I didn't get my invite ? :D   Was it done electronically ?  Some of the online sites allow you to see if the invite was viewed and to send out reminders,,,,sucks people are inconsiderate like that...

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1

Six, you might want to check on a noise ordinance...I know most places it's 7am.

A city official indicated the noise ordinance is 8am.  Trying to decide if I should go speak to them this afternoon or wait until the next time they decide to mow at 6:30am.  I don't want to be a bad neighbor but this has happened about once a week for a couple of months now.  Under normal circumstances, we are awake by 6:30 but occasionally, everyone likes to sleep in and bit.  They are otherwise, great neighbors. 

I've had the neighbor from hell so, I know it could be much worse.  "Walter White" literally lived directly across the street from me at my former residence.  He was trafficking meth, was sentenced to 26 years in prison and fined $10 million.  We had joined with several of our former neighbors in speaking to authorities for at least 6 years about what was obviously happening.  It appeared authorities weren't taking us seriously so we lost patience with the process, sold our house and moved.  About 6 months after we moved, ATF agents arrested 21 members of the trafficking ring, including our former neighbor (link provided).  The whole time we were complaining, authorities were building a case which unfortunately, takes a lot of time and effort.  

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdva/pr/twenty-one-defendants-plead-guilty-drug-and-firearms-charges

I realize having neighbors who are anal-retentive about landscaping isn't something to get bent out of shape over when placed in the proper perspective.  But it would be great if they could give us another hour to sleep in occasionally. 

• Like 2

A city official indicated the noise ordinance is 8am.  Trying to decide if I should go speak to them this afternoon or wait until the next time they decide to mow at 6:30am.  I don't want to be a bad neighbor but this has happened about once a week for a couple of months now.  Under normal circumstances, we are awake by 6:30 but occasionally, everyone likes to sleep in and bit.  They are otherwise, great neighbors. 

I've had the neighbor from hell so, I know it could be much worse.  "Walter White" literally lived directly across the street from me at my former residence.  He was trafficking meth, was sentenced to 26 years in prison and fined $10 million.  We had joined with several of our former neighbors in speaking to authorities for at least 6 years about what was obviously happening.  It appeared authorities weren't taking us seriously so we lost patience with the process, sold our house and moved.  About 6 months after we moved, ATF agents arrested 21 members of the trafficking ring, including our former neighbor (link provided).  The whole time we were complaining, authorities were building a case which unfortunately, takes a lot of time and effort.  

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdva/pr/twenty-one-defendants-plead-guilty-drug-and-firearms-charges

I realize having neighbors who are anal-retentive about landscaping isn't something to get bent out of shape over when placed in the proper perspective.  But it would be great if they could give us another hour to sleep in occasionally. 

Your neighbors might not know about the noise ordinance.  It wouldn't hurt to tell them in a friendly way.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1

Your neighbors might not know about the noise ordinance.  It wouldn't hurt to tell them in a friendly way.

MDGolfHacker

That's the plan.  No need to create an issue that could drag on for years over something petty.  It's just annoying to have someone doing landscaping at 6:30am.  They cut two medium sized trees down and used a stump-grinder on Saturday.  The chainsaws were going well before 6:30am.  With the work being completed before 9am, why begin that early? 

But, we will be polite about it and see where it leads.

• Like 1

Nothing like stepping in a big wad of half melted gum in a parking lot.

• Like 2

I made 20lbs of sausages...we'll freeze them and eat them so that's fine, but I could have only made 10lbs and had left overs.

Maybe you should have a leftover party for non-Aussies.

• Like 1

More than a rant...I'm pissed off.

As most of you know I work a part time job at Lowes unloading a truck at night as well as my full time job. The store manager got us together last night before we started and let us know that we won't have that job in 3 weeks because they are going to send truck with all the product already on pallets "pre-sorted" (they can't even label product for the right departments so that's going to be a disaster).

Our choice is either go out on the floor or not have a job. The only maybe bright spot is that the hours would change to M-F 5-10 during the summer and M-F 5-9 during the winter, so I would get weekends off...but still, I deal with crappy customer all day with my government job and now I'll have to deal with them in my other job.

As most of you know I work a part time job at Lowes unloading a truck at night as well as my full time job. The store manager got us together last night before we started and let us know that we won't have that job in 3 weeks because they are going to send truck with all the product already on pallets "pre-sorted" (they can't even label product for the right departments so that's going to be a disaster).

Our choice is either go out on the floor or not have a job. The only maybe bright spot is that the hours would change to M-F 5-10 during the summer and M-F 5-9 during the winter, so I would get weekends off...but still, I deal with crappy customer all day with my government job and now I'll have to deal with them in my other job.

Sorry to hear this!  

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1

That suuucks hard. Sorry for your luck! I spent enough time in customer-facing positions to know I wouldn't want to do it.

Is this a new corporate-wide policy or just that store trying something different?

• Like 1

I don't like to rant much, but I need a spot to get this off my chest.

So, as many of you know from the happy thread, I recently got my license to practice law in New York. It has been a long time coming and I was very excited to get started. The week before I got sworn in (like June 12th maybe?) I had an interview with my county district attorney's office. They are looking to fill two spots. I talked with the DA and his main assistant for over an hour, and I think it went ok. They told me they would let me know shortly as they were looking to get that person up to speed. Fast forward 10 days, hadn't heard, sent an email thanking them for the interview and looking for an update. I was told that I would hear in a week.

Now, what's interesting to note here is that my boss at the law office where I move traffic files along used to work in the DA's office and she heard the scuttlebutt that I may be getting a second interview for the position. As you can guess, I have not. I also sent another email checking in on Monday to no response from anyone.

What really gets me about this is that I've avoided getting on the court appointed lists until I heard back because to get on the list, get assigned clients, and then get the job where I have to prosecute those same cases is a headache for everyone involved. As such, they has cost me nearly a month of making money using my license and degree while growing more discontent and angry and just moving these files along on a part-time basis at work. To be honest, the whole thing has soured me in practicing in my county all together as this is all so disheartening. I also have delayed in planning a trip to NYC with my girlfriend for me to do a Legal Education Class/Working Vacation because I don't want to be that guy who gets hired and immediately is like, peace.

So yeah, that's my rant. Frustration doesn't begin to define it.

• Like 2

@bergtaur. Sorry to hear about how long the process is taking. Unfortunately, The hiring process at some companies takes a while. I think my company runs about 4 months.

Hope it works out for you.

@bergtaur. Sorry to hear about how long the process is taking. Unfortunately, The hiring process at some companies takes a while. I think my company runs about 4 months.

Hope it works out for you.

I get that, but when I go into an interview and am told that your word and your character is the coin of the realm and this happens with continual deflection, it raises some doubts and questions in my mind. We'll see though, thanks for the support.

• Like 3