Got Problems?

Hold to your guns. I'd get out of the deal and see if the other buyer is still interested. They figured they got you since you accepted the original offer. I hate when people do that. Don't let them low ball you.

MDGolfHacker

I plan on it.

Wants me to hire an electrician to replace an outlet, and add an attic light... nope, I can do that in 10 minutes for around $7 and not have to pay $75 a hour.

• Like 1
  • Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dad passed away this morning. Yesterday morning he had a heart attack.  At the hospital the doc said he had congestive heart failure, fluid on lungs, low BP, low oxygen level, and kidneys failing.

Wanted to thank all for your thoughts and prayers these past weeks. My father passed peacefully early this morning. The picture is how I will choose to remember him. Sent from my SM-A102U using MyGol

Yea my grandmother passed away over the weekend from it. Have her funeral in a few days.

Posted Images

I plan on it.

Wants me to hire an electrician to replace an outlet, and add an attic light... nope, I can do that in 10 minutes for around $7 and not have to pay $75 a hour.

Nope and nope.  I agreed to a price and that's what they should get.  Those are things they can do AFTER they move in. They are just taking advantage of you at this point.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 3

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Nope and nope. I agreed to a price and that's what they should get. Those are things they can do AFTER they move in. They are just taking advantage of you at this point.

MDGolfHacker

Exactly how I feel. I finished a bathroom for him, that was a crap load of work and time.

• Like 1

Exactly how I feel. I finished a bathroom for him, that was a crap load of work and time.

Best of luck - Sounds like the buyer is being a putz.

Is the buyer new to owning a house? I ask because what HG TV lovers expect in their first home buying process can be interesting. That channel one of the worst things to ever happened to my wife and wallet. 

My fallback when I went through "Buyer" vs "Seller" talks was - I will work with you on safety and health concerns. If you want to change anything else you're free to do so when you own it.

• Like 6

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day

I plan on it.

Put a flashlight at the opening and say there's your attic light [emoji3].

• Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Is the buyer new to owning a house? I ask because what HG TV lovers expect in their first home buying process can be interesting. That channel one of the worst things to ever happened to my wife and wallet.

My fallback when I went through "Buyer" vs "Seller" talks was - I will work with you on safety and health concerns. If you want to change anything else you're free to do so when you own it.

Yeah, I'm onboard with safety stuff, like i am adding a hand rail. But other than that, the other stuff is just not picky. I don't think he owns a house. A dead outlet... what harm does that do?

• Like 1

Dude, I wouldn't of even have done that!  Those are wish lists, not anything that has to do with the structural validity of the house.  I would of said no and have a good day, then kicked them out the door.  Your a better man than me!  

MDGolfHacker

• Like 3

Social Media:

What I hate about HGTV shows is that they do (pick one): remodel, paint room and trim, landscape, etc in 30 min. That leads my wife to think you (meaning me) can easily do that project in short order. The other is that many times when they show owners or hosts painting they don't do the details properly, i.e.painting around switch plate, door handles, thermostats vs undoing them and then reinstalling after the paint dries.

• Like 6

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Dude, I wouldn't of even have done that! Those are wish lists, not anything that has to do with the structural validity of the house. I would of said no and have a good day, then kicked them out the door. Your a better man than me!

MDGolfHacker

Yeah, in hindsight I really wish I wouldn't have. My father in law is a Michigan county building inspector... he did my inspection, I trust his word over anyone else's.

He called me a effing idiot for finishing the bathroom. Haha

• Like 4

Yeah, in hindsight I really wish I wouldn't have. My father in law is a Michigan county building inspector... he did my inspection, I trust his word over anyone else's.

You have every right to say No and walk away.  Remember that.  Sometimes, that's the hardest thing to see during negotiations.  They are going to ask for everything under the sun.  That's how negotiations are.  Don't let them pressure you.  Do what's best FOR YOU and your family.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 3

Social Media:

Trust the “old timer”, he's been around the block a few more times and knows how people can be.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

What I hate about HGTV shows is that they do (pick one): remodel, paint room and trim, landscape, etc in 30 min. That leads my wife to think you (meaning me) can easily do that project in short order. The other is that many times when they show owners or hosts painting they don't do the details properly, i.e.painting around switch plate, door handles, thermostats vs undoing them and then reinstalling after the paint dries.

I've had to make a very focused effort to set expectations and timelines at the beginning of any project because of this very issue. I also make a checklist so why it takes X amount of time to do Y is made clear.

• Like 1

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day

I plan on it.

Yup, that sounds pretty damn petty - like buying a used car and asking the dealer to replace a missing tire valve cap.  Unless it's a code and safety issue, I'd be inclined to say no as well. We had deck railing that the home inspection wrote up for not complying with current code (vertical rail spacing).  Really Einstein?  Most of the homes in America no longer meet new codes, but did when the home was built. We did offer a little to compensate for this a couple of other minor things; but only because I had just retired and we wanted out of Pugetropolis so bad our teeth ached  :).  

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

Played 5 holes this afternoon when the course opened up after being closed for 1.5 days for aerating.  Looks like no scores will be posted the next week or so, since we will be moving the ball in the fairway and maximum of a 2-putt on the greens.  I know it will make the course better, but ...  Grrrr!

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played 5 holes this afternoon when the course opened up after being closed for 1.5 days for aerating. Looks like no scores will be posted the next week or so, since we will be moving the ball in the fairway and maximum of a 2-putt on the greens. I know it will make the course better, but ... Grrrr!

They punched and sanded the greens here on Monday. I've never seen so much sand in my life. Was planning on playing this week, but I don't think it's even worth it. The greens looked like giant bunkers.

• Like 3