Got Problems?

On 10/31/2018 at 8:37 PM, tony@CIC said:

Well this is annoying now I'm getting political text messages. I thought I was getting away from the election season barrage by streaming tv and cutting out landlines.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I was skimming across threads yesterday and saw one about old white men.  I read a few posts and left with a sour taste. I 110% support the folks  I voted for.   I'm voting for them again and we better get our guy elected  (Georgia) tomorrow or I will be one angry old white man........ 

• Like 1

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Tommy Armour
 Impact No. 2 Wide Blade Putter with SuperStoke 3.0 Grip

2021 Official Reviewer: MotoCaddy M7

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dad passed away this morning. Yesterday morning he had a heart attack.  At the hospital the doc said he had congestive heart failure, fluid on lungs, low BP, low oxygen level, and kidneys failing.

Wanted to thank all for your thoughts and prayers these past weeks. My father passed peacefully early this morning. The picture is how I will choose to remember him. Sent from my SM-A102U using MyGol

Yea my grandmother passed away over the weekend from it. Have her funeral in a few days.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ole gray said:

I was skimming across threads yesterday and saw one about old white men.  I read a few posts and left with a sour taste. I 110% support the folks  I voted for.   I'm voting for them again and we better get our guy elected  (Georgia) tomorrow or I will be one angry old white man........ 

Most of these hot topic threads and political posts are coming from guys who don’t even play golf anymore.If golf isn’t your thing anymore.Or you can’t play.Than why post here 

[emoji78][emoji78][emoji78][emoji78][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji37][emoji37][emoji37][emoji37]🤬🤬🤬🤬[emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631]

I’m out of here! [emoji37]

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Tommy Armour
 Impact No. 2 Wide Blade Putter with SuperStoke 3.0 Grip

2021 Official Reviewer: MotoCaddy M7

The entire forum seems to be changing.  Less equipment talk.  More complaining about golf and life in general.  Really off-putting.

I try to avoid the negativity and complainers, but the crap is leaking into general golf discussions and it's very frustrating.

• Like 8

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 59D
:scotty-small: Phantom X 5.5 (2021)
:titelist-small: ProV1
5 minutes ago, jlukes said:

The entire forum seems to be changing.  Less equipment talk.  More complaining about golf and life in general.  Really off-putting.

I try to avoid the negativity and complainers, but the crap is leaking into general golf discussions and it's very frustrating.

Couldn't agree more with Joe here....wish this could be pinned to the top of the page so every single person sees it.

• Like 1

G410 LST | SpeedZone Big Tour | TM Sim Max 5 | Titleist 818 H2 | Z785 | ZipCore | Exotics DG-1.3

8 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I have found it best to live by the basic three rules of life:

1.   Never pee into the wind;

2.  Do not play poker with anyone that has the first name the same as a city or state; and

3.  Try to avoid discussing religion and politics.  

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, TheWahoo said:

I have found it best to live by the basic three rules of life:

1.   Never pee into the wind;

2.  Do not play poker with anyone that has the first name the same as a city or state; and

3.  Try to avoid discussing religion and politics.  

It's not even just the religion and politics stuff.  Some people do nothing but complain about golf equipment, other golfers, etc etc.  It's like they don't like anything about the game and have nothing better to do then complain about it to a bunch of strangers on the internet.  And the problem is it is not confined to one thread that I can simply ignore.  It seems to rear its head in almost every single thread about golf or equipment and it's exhausting.

• Like 2

I'd say this about the shift of things. I think it was a small group of people who have now expanded out and feel more brazen because we, as a community, let it slide a bit, instead of getting the mods and supervisory folks involved at the jump. The problem is that we're normally so good about self-policing this stuff that no one wants to be the bad guy and drop the hammer. I'll be honest, after seeing those who expose their ass with some of this stuff, a swift block for them makes my life a lot better. Remember you have that and don't get into the fight. Make friends and conversation with those who you do. Don't let the negative bog you down.

• Like 4

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 14*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 17.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

🤮⛳   Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

I'll just say this, we will always have different opinions on politics and religion. This is just a fact of life. X will have different views than Y. And just because X has different views than Y, doesn't mean that they can't be friends and at the very least, they can be civil toward one another, and not tear each other down. We are on a GOLF forum, not a political or religious forum, therefore any and all political and religious or generally inflammatory  comments should be off limits. 

• Like 5

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

30 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I have also noticed this and it has kept me from reading a ton of threads and even kept me from looking on here as much as I normally have.

24 minutes ago, bergtaur said:

I'd say this about the shift of things. I think it was a small group of people who have now expanded out and feel more brazen because we, as a community, let it slide a bit, instead of getting the mods and supervisory folks involved at the jump. The problem is that we're normally so good about self-policing this stuff that no one wants to be the bad guy and drop the hammer. I'll be honest, after seeing those who expose their ass with some of this stuff, a swift block for them makes my life a lot better. Remember you have that and don't get into the fight. Make friends and conversation with those who you do. Don't let the negative bog you down.

I think this is the case.  As  relatively new MOD's this past year, Enrique and I wanted to tread lightly and not upset too many apple carts as you said, the community generally does a good job of that.  But what you guys don't have is the power to delete/suspend and or ban members for inappropriate posts.    And Stud and I kind of left more of that to GolfSpy_Meyer and Barbajo.

With some recent staff changes, we are taking on a larger role on the forum.  if we see the tenor of some of these posts that are not in concert with the sites moral codes, then some of the violators may suddenly find they can't post.  We don't like to be heavy handed in the way things are done, that's what makes this such a great community, but as Barbajo says, "we don't have many rules here" so if they can't be followed, we'll take the appropriate actions.

Now anyone want to rant about the rain today and the shorter day light hours....I'm all ears!!

• Like 7

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

5 minutes ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

I think this is the case.  As a relatively new MOD's this past year, Enrique and I wanted to tread lightly and not upset too many apple carts as you said, the community generally does a good job of that.  But what you guys don't have is the power to delete/suspend and or ban members for inappropriate posts.    And Stud and I kind of left more of that to GolfSpy_Brian and Barbajo.

With some recent staff changes, if some of the tenor that is not in concert with the sites moral codes, then some of the violators may suddenly find they can't post.  We don't like to be heavy handed in the way things are done, that's what makes this such a great community, but as Barbajo says, "we don't have many rules here" so if they can't be followed, we'll take the appropriate actions.

Now anyone want to rant about the rain today and the shorter day light hours....I'm all ears!!

The moral codes is one thing, but driving a topic about a specific club or other golf discussion off the rails because someone wants to get on their soap box about prices, or marketing, or whatever is what is really driving me crazy.   

Being a mod isnt easy and you guys have been doing a great job - but I just wish there was something we could do about the people that continually drive equipment or golf threads off topic with their complaints/rants.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

I think this is the case.  As a relatively new MOD's this past year, Enrique and I wanted to tread lightly and not upset too many apple carts as you said, the community generally does a good job of that.  But what you guys don't have is the power to delete/suspend and or ban members for inappropriate posts.    And Stud and I kind of left more of that to GolfSpy_Brian and Barbajo.

With some recent staff changes, if some of the tenor that is not in concert with the sites moral codes, then some of the violators may suddenly find they can't post.  We don't like to be heavy handed in the way things are done, that's what makes this such a great community, but as Barbajo says, "we don't have many rules here" so if they can't be followed, we'll take the appropriate actions.

Man, don't get me started on rain. The last 17 days, 5.22 inches of rain recorded and the white stuff shows up this weekend. Not a ton though, just an inch or so.

• Like 3

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 14*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 17.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

🤮⛳   Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

3 minutes ago, jlukes said:

The moral codes is one thing, but driving a topic about a specific club or other golf discussion off the rails because someone wants to get on their soap box about prices, or marketing, or whatever is what is really driving me crazy.   

Being a mod isnt easy and you guys have been doing a great job - but I just wish there was something we could do about the people that continually drive equipment or golf threads off topic with their complaints/rants.

Yep, noted on the off topic derails.  It's something we haven't been very adamant about, as you know owners of other places took that to an extreme, but it's something we will certainly keep an eye on.  And our inbox is always open, if something is happening in a thread we haven't been in.  There's only a couple of us right now, so we are surely to miss some things that are going too far off topic.   

• Like 1

The moral codes is one thing, but driving a topic about a specific club or other golf discussion off the rails because someone wants to get on their soap box about prices, or marketing, or whatever is what is really driving me crazy.  .

I think we have all been guilty of this; I know I have and in fact probably pissed a few people off continually trying to explain my position on a topic. I have tried to temper my responses to say there are many ways to approach something but here are my thoughts.

@golfspy_rob, I hate the time change and the rain because it doesn’t let me practice chipping and pitching after work. My short game is in desperate need of help so I need some new equipment, lessons, a fitting, or something. maybe I should just quit the game. [emoji12]
  • Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

16 minutes ago, bergtaur said:
Man, don't get me started on rain. The last 17 days, 5.22 inches of rain recorded and the white stuff shows up this weekend. Not a ton though, just an inch or so.

Well, ever since the town I live in had a flash flood storm created by 9 inches of rain in 3 hours earlier this summer, and made NBC Nightly News for the resulting flooding, everything after that seems manageable, but definitely more a PITA.  We have litteraly had zero golfers walk through the doors today, check out this IG post from our restaurant door this morning. 

But it's been a nice and quiet day to alternate getting some MGS time in and work done.

11 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I think we have all been guilty of this; I know I have and in fact probably pissed a few people off continually trying to explain my position on a topic. I have tried to temper my responses to say there are many ways to approach something but here are my thoughts.

@golfspy_rob, I hate the time change and the rain because it doesn’t let me practice chipping and pitching after work. My short game is in desperate need of help so I need some new equipment, lessons, a fitting, or something. maybe I should just quit the game. [emoji12]

Hey now!!!

• Like 1

Not adding kerosene here.But if you are quitting this great game. Or have quit and haven’t played in years. Either an injury or life issues related. Than maybe find another forum that fits your needs and likes. Leave this forum for guys who are still playing and enjoying the grind . Not being harsh , just my 2 cents . I just find it odd that non golfers post here. And post quite frequently 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Keep it in the short stuff

14 minutes ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

Yep, noted on the off topic derails.  It's something we haven't been very adamant about, as you know owners of other places took that to an extreme, but it's something we will certainly keep an eye on.  And our inbox is always open, if something is happening in a thread we haven't been in.  There's only a couple of us right now, so we are surely to miss some things that are going too far off topic.   

Yeah, I don't think we have to go THAT extreme, but I look at the forum as a place to discuss equipment and experiences with different clubs and fun on the course.  When people do google searches for equipment, they are often given results that contain forum threads.

If a new person clicks on a google search result link and they find a thread on MGS about a specific club and then 4 posts into the thread it turns into a debate about costs/modern technology sucking/etc, than that person is likely never to come back to the MGS forums and MGS loses a potential community member.

I know I found the MGS forums this way, but the forums in their current state (outside of the awesome forum member testing threads), are more likely to drive someone away from ever joining our community.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, cnosil said:

@golfspy_rob, I hate the time change and the rain because it doesn’t let me practice chipping and pitching after work. My short game is in desperate need of help so I need some new equipment, lessons, a fitting, or something. maybe I should just quit the game. emoji12.png

Actually, I love what you bring to this forum.  Like me, you attempt to snuff out BS and mis-information ASAP by presenting factual information.  There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that.  

• Like 2