Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

52 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Had a bad wind storm the other day. Had some shingles ripped off the roof right near the ridge line. Unfortunately its about three stories up and the roof is at a 45 degree angle. I had the roof replaced 2 years ago as well.  In about an hour I'll be venturing up to see if I can patch it for now. Once spring shows up then it will be warm enough to flex the shingles enough to fix it right.  I have visions of @BIG STU 's ladder incident on my mind right now.

The roof should be under warranty if just 2 years old.  I'd get the roofer to do it.  

This winter we lost a couple of shingles, but the roof is 21 years old.  I bought the house 2 years ago knowing that the roof would have to be replaced soon; just thought it would be a few more years.  I called a roofer to come check out the shingle loss and give an estimate for re-roof.  He said that the shingles were 2-layer shingles and I only lost the top layer, so there is no immediate need for a repair.  Don't get much rain, so I'll be re-roofing later in the year when it's warm.

Like @Rickp I still get up on a ladder now and then, but my wife always reminds me of @BIG STU.  I don't get on roofs anymore, and certainly not this one...  pic taken last year before shingles blew off near the top between the 1st and 2nd vent from right.

IMG_1245.jpeg.13b60658b539f67b084de6c7426d92f8.jpeg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

24 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

The Insurance carrier that carries our insurance banned Truck Drivers climbing on ladders after my incident. They make the shredder scrape the trailers out now. They also said if any drivers got tickets for small debris blowing out they would take the SC DOT and NC DOT to court but drivers were not to climb up in trailers period. The only exception is if they had someone butting the ladder. In my case it may have or have not done me any good because in my case the ladder collapsed. That opened up another can of worms that is still pending because my ladder had no OSHA tag or weight rating and had not been inspected and was more than 3 years old. I can not go into detail because it is still pending between our State Industrial Commission ,OSHA , the Ladder manufacturer and the company I was working for. 

Edit---- You have a smart better half wish mine had said something but really she had no idea what I did in daily operations

I have never had an issue climbing ladders.  I have 2 ladders.  A 6-foot wooden step ladder that I use for indoor work; light bulbs, smoke detector battery changes, window cleaning, etc.; and a 21' Little Giant multi function aluminum ladder (dang, it's heavy!) rated at 300lbs that I bought years ago specifically to prune trees and a huge 120' hedge around my old house... very solid!!  Don't have much to do outside anymore except a couple of trees to prune.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Had a bad wind storm the other day. Had some shingles ripped off the roof right near the ridge line. Unfortunately its about three stories up and the roof is at a 45 degree angle. I had the roof replaced 2 years ago as well.  In about an hour I'll be venturing up to see if I can patch it for now. Once spring shows up then it will be warm enough to flex the shingles enough to fix it right.  I have visions of @BIG STU 's ladder incident on my mind right now.

Ok, update...Mission completed and successful. I used the 24 foot ladder to get me on the porch roof. Pulled the ladder up to that level. Put a wood clamp attached to the side of the top of the ladder. Raised the ladder up so that the wood clamp went over the ridge. This way the ladder couldn't slip on the pitch from the porch roof. Replaced the blown off shingles and put a spray rubber compound over any holes and covered the roofing nails. 

No golfers (me) were hurt during the event and shall live to swing another day. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

The Insurance carrier that carries our insurance banned Truck Drivers climbing on ladders after my incident. They make the shredder scrape the trailers out now. They also said if any drivers got tickets for small debris blowing out they would take the SC DOT and NC DOT to court but drivers were not to climb up in trailers period. The only exception is if they had someone butting the ladder. In my case it may have or have not done me any good because in my case the ladder collapsed. That opened up another can of worms that is still pending because my ladder had no OSHA tag or weight rating and had not been inspected and was more than 3 years old. I can not go into detail because it is still pending between our State Industrial Commission ,OSHA , the Ladder manufacturer and the company I was working for. 

Edit---- You have a smart better half wish mine had said something but really she had no idea what I did in daily operations

Yup, you’re case is definitely a “can of worms “.  Lawyers will drag that out as long as they can.

SWMBO even gave my 24’ extension ladder to my SIL, all I have left is 2 step ladders a 5’ & 6’.  Really didn’t need the 5’ but it was a nice one in great at a estate sale.  Everyone in FL thinks that  estate sale means Free so I got it cheap

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

40 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Ok, update...Mission completed and successful. I used the 24 foot ladder to get me on the porch roof. Pulled the ladder up to that level. Put a wood clamp attached to the side of the top of the ladder. Raised the ladder up so that the wood clamp went over the ridge. This way the ladder couldn't slip on the pitch from the porch roof. Replaced the blown off shingles and put a spray rubber compound over any holes and covered the roofing nails. 

No golfers (me) were hurt during the event and shall live to swing another day. 

I’m 15 years past doing anything like that!

Rick

Left Hand, 

4 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I’m 15 years past doing anything like that!

Probably me too but my dad is 90 and still doing things like that. Can't  stop him being 0ver 800 miles away. I don't know where I get it from? 🤣

31 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Probably me too but my dad is 90 and still doing things like that. Can't  stop him being 0ver 800 miles away. I don't know where I get it from? 🤣

My mother stopped my Dad from doing “stuff” when he was in his late 70’s.

Rick

Left Hand, 

11 minutes ago, Rickp said:

My mother stopped my Dad from doing “stuff” when he was in his late 70’s.

... As a DJ and Actor for my entire adult life my first question when confronted with any home improvement project is "Any recommendations on who I can call to take care of this and how much it will cost?" 🤑  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

On 2/4/2022 at 5:37 PM, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Should be posting in the happy thread about our Disney trip, which was great!  Got home with one kid getting stuffy and coughing... COVID positive so all of us have been home this week... trying to keep the other two away but now my other son has it too, and he's def got it worse.  I always feel bad when the kids aren't themselves because of not feeling well.  

Thankfully overall still very mild, but it is hard trying to keep everyone separated as much as possible.

Hope it's a fast recovery - stay healthy and safe

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

7 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Your roof is 100% under warranty call the roofing company typical shingles have a 25 year warranty 

14 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Never knew my dog had such a nice bed…. Current mood, I censored it, slightly.  This feels like that one time when I fell on my head mountain biking a long time ago.

749AEE20-0365-4921-A46E-681C8953BD2D.jpeg

At least it's not in a crate. Hope the family gets to feeling better soon, Alan. 

On 2/5/2022 at 11:13 PM, sirchunksalot said:

They didn't that day. It might be different now that it's more than a month out from reopening. I just haven't called since. I do want to play there, it holds a special place in my heart considering that's where I got introduced to the game and have lots of great memories on that course. 

We've lost a couple of courses in our area over the past five years and it sucks. Hopefully the new owners change their minds about singles and also keep the course in great shape for you. It's getting harder and harder to find affordable golf courses around here, so many of the good "mom and pop" run courses have closed up shop and sold out to developers.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

30 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Get that thing looked at.  Pronto.

Definitely!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Get that thing looked at.  Pronto.

I have a nice history of muscles getting tight and causing me back pain. I almost fell 3 times and that tenses the back up as well. Skating and the hockey posture puts a toll on the back. Imma stretcher really good and use a foam roller to fix myself and if that don’t work then I’m going to get checked.

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

I have a nice history of muscles getting tight and causing me back pain. I almost fell 3 times and that tenses the back up as well. Skating and the hockey posture puts a toll on the back. Imma stretcher really good and use a foam roller to fix myself and if that don’t work then I’m going to get checked.

Sell those skates!  Buy a new club!

Not really a problem but total let down. I am traveling for work this week and I actually had my afternoon appointment cancel on Tuesday. I had some morning meetings and took some clients out for lunch. So it was all coming together. The afternoon all to myself to go to a golf specialty store to try out different drivers. Ahhh the stars are in alignment. 

Well the place they chose for lunch and what I ordered gave me food poisoning. Barely made it back to my hotel room with seconds to spare. I think I wore a path in the carpet from the bed to the bathroom. Luckily by 11:00 that night I was fine. But of course I don't have any breaks in my schedule to be able to test anything before I fly home. Of course there is no place close to home to test clubs either.

So my testing plan was a bust! 

12 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Not really a problem but total let down. I am traveling for work this week and I actually had my afternoon appointment cancel on Tuesday. I had some morning meetings and took some clients out for lunch. So it was all coming together. The afternoon all to myself to go to a golf specialty store to try out different drivers. Ahhh the stars are in alignment. 

Well the place they chose for lunch and what I ordered gave me food poisoning. Barely made it back to my hotel room with seconds to spare. I think I wore a path in the carpet from the bed to the bathroom. Luckily by 11:00 that night I was fine. But of course I don't have any breaks in my schedule to be able to test anything before I fly home. Of course there is no place close to home to test clubs either.

So my testing plan was a bust! 

Sounds like you might have had the fish taco’s

3F4ACA2C-5EFB-46C0-86B4-E07ED80A9287.jpeg.0f6a5826fc164217ba28e26ee83802f2.jpeg

Too soon!

2 minutes ago, Yellow Ball said:

Too soon!

Good to see you back!!

The Eagle I got last week was with a YELLOW ProV1x!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 minute ago, Rickp said:

Good to see you back!!

But I switched to a Yellow Ball when I returned to the cold PNW from Palm Springs, and I shot two of my worse rounds in the past 5 years!!  Leaving yellow balls home this coming weekend!!

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

But I switched to a Yellow Ball when I returned to the cold PNW from Palm Springs, and I shot two of my worse rounds in the past 5 years!!  Leaving yellow balls home this coming weekend!!

Problem I have is Yellow or Green are the only 2 color balls I can see.  Yellow is #1.  Getting old sucks.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Good to see you back!!

Congrats On the Eagle. I’ve been around but waiting to see some people out on the course before I get in full YB mode. Been practicing at the YMCA in the pool with my new scuba mask during my break. 

But have you noticed more ball manufacturers are now offering yellow balls. I’m just a trend setter!

6 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Duhhh, Yellow Balls don’t like the cold.

Problem I have is Yellow or Green are the only 2 color balls I can see.  Yellow is #1.  Getting old sucks.

Yep!  I switch to Yellow when it's cold and cloudy; much easier to see.  On a sunny day white and yellow are about the same.  I can't see Red at all and Green is only good in sunlight.  The balls I really can't see are the Truvis and that stoopid TP5 ball.

17 minutes ago, Yellow Ball said:

Too soon!

I should have seen that coming. 

Two Taylormade fitting events were scheduled near me. Signed up for the one on Saturday, only to have it canceled. Then signed up for the second one, to be told I need to fly out to Florida that same day for work, so had to cancel that one too. Now to decide if I should take my clubs to Florida or not. 

Driver: PXG 0811XF Gen 4 w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6- 
3 Wood: PXG 0341XF Gen 4 w/ Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 70g
Hybrids: 19 and 22 degree PXG 0317XF Gen 4 w/ Project X Evenflow Riptide 80g
Irons: 5-PW PXG 0311P Gen 4 w/ KBS Tour 120
Wedges: Indi 50 FLX, 54 FLX, 58 ATK w/ KBS Wedge 610 (Official Review)
Putter: Battle Ready Blackjack, 36.5”, Double Bend neck

Spornia SPG-7 hitting net review
2023 Titleist White Box ProV1 review

7 minutes ago, RichL85 said:

Two Taylormade fitting events were scheduled near me. Signed up for the one on Saturday, only to have it canceled. Then signed up for the second one, to be told I need to fly out to Florida that same day for work, so had to cancel that one too. Now to decide if I should take my clubs to Florida or not. 

Check Fl weather 1st, been colder than normal.

Rick

Left Hand,