Got Problems?

ole gray

The Rant & Happy threads are great IMO.  It gives everyone a place to yak about things that don't necessarily involve golf.  Threads like these provides a little insight and personal aspects, beyond the boundaries of golf, about a whole bunch of people, the majority who we may only know through forum dialogue. While I've only been a member of MGS since this past July, I'm impressed just how well the forum keeps itself in check.  This dosen't work as well on other forums I participate in - I'm chocking that up to the long traditions and gentlemen aspects of the game.  I suppose a handful of sub, non-golf, forums could be created, but I don't see the need. Just my .02 cents.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

I do like the rant/happy threads. We are all friends here and it gives us a little insight to their life so we get to know each more than we would if the site was strictly golf. 

My suggestion is to delete this current rant thread, and recreate it with set rules.  I.E.

1. No politics. 

2. No religious rants

3. Always treat one another with respect and don't say anything that isn't true, helpful, or kind. 

• Like 2

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I do like the rant/happy threads. We are all friends here and it gives us a little insight to their life so we get to know each more than we would if the site was strictly golf. 
My suggestion is to delete this current rant thread, and recreate it with set rules.  I.E.
1. No politics. 
2. No religious rants
3. Always treat one another with respect and don't say anything that isn't true, helpful, or kind. 
4. Make sure that your rant is appropriate for your audience. (Don't rant about your recent herpes diagnosis) LOL

You suggestions are a basic tenet of MGS - check out the 'moral codes' But an occasional reminder is also good.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Just now, tony@CIC said:

You suggestions are a basic tenet of MGS - check out the 'moral codes' But an occasional reminder is also good.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Yeah, but I don't know how many people read those. I think you could definitely specify the rules more but those seemed to be the major sticking points. I also think that a reminder specifically for that thread is nice since it could get out of hand. 

• Like 2

Heres my mini rant today 😏

Why do saloon cars not have a rear windscreen wiper? 

4x4's have one on a steep rear window, saloons have less incline so rain stays there easily but no wiper?

yes, it clears eventually at speed, but try reversing with a fuzzy screen at start, it just doesnt make sense.

/EndOfRant 😂

• Like 3

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

As long as as any non golf talk is contained in non golf specific forums... what's the problem?

If someone doesn't want to read non golf topics they have the option to skip right on by... no harm, no foul.

Stoping in a non golf forum to ****** about what is posted in the non golf forum is pretty silly, IMO.

Grown men getting their panties in a bunch over something as trivial as what is posted in a forum is.... well..... I'll just leave it at that.

On 11/5/2018 at 12:54 PM, jlukes said:

The entire forum seems to be changing.  Less equipment talk.  More complaining about golf and life in general.  Really off-putting.

I try to avoid the negativity and complainers, but the crap is leaking into general golf discussions and it's very frustrating.

• Like 7

Just wanted to add my 2c worth on the discussion over peoples perception about negativity increasing on the forum.

I've been on quite a few Golf forums over the years, MGS is the ONLY forum I visit now due to the positive, friendly and courteous manner we all deal with each other, plus the site admin/mods respect for the individual and a set of excellent rules that are good to follow in real life as well as here.

My observation is that around the end of the golf season and winter setting in is usually the time theres less golf to talk about so people can focus on small things which can easily escalate.

I've seen it on other forums with appalling arguments. Theres only been a couple of instances here when the blue touchpaper was lit but it was handled well.

Winter is tough on us Golfers, if we huddle together for warmth and comfort we'll get thru it!  Then get back to booming drives, shaft and ball talk and all things good in Golf.

Winter only lasts a few months, animosity can last a lifetime.

• Like 8

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

16 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Just wanted to add my 2c worth on the discussion over peoples perception about negativity increasing on the forum.

I've been on quite a few Golf forums over the years, MGS is the ONLY forum I visit now due to the positive, friendly and courteous manner we all deal with each other, plus the site admin/mods respect for the individual and a set of excellent rules that are good to follow in real life as well as here.

My observation is that around the end of the golf season and winter setting in is usually the time theres less golf to talk about so people can focus on small things which can easily escalate.

I've seen it on other forums with appalling arguments. Theres only been a couple of instances here when the blue touchpaper was lit but it was handled well.

Winter is tough on us Golfers, if we huddle together for warmth and comfort we'll get thru it!  Then get back to booming drives, shaft and ball talk and all things good in Golf.

Winter only lasts a few months, animosity can last a lifetime.

That is such a great statement,  something I may steal liberally from if you don't mind! 

• Like 3

:titelist-small: TSR2 10.0 HZRDUS Red CB 6.0 

:titelist-small: TSiR2 10.0  Tensei Blue X ink 55g 

:titelist-small: TSR2 16.5 PX Evenflow 5.5 60 g 

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T200 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

4 minutes ago, PMookie said:

I’m gonna chime in here:
It’s a RANT thread.... It’s meant for being a place for folks to vent. I’m the guy that posts political and religious stuff on Facebook, and Twitter, never here, but I DO rant about crap I need to get off my chest. Not about folks here, but about work, home, aches and pains, could be golf related, etc.

In the happy, I’m the guy that posts stuff about my kids, family, golf, everything I’m proud of.

Let’s not start to put so many rules because 2-3 folks aren’t happy. There are 70,000+ members!!!! Good gracious, 2-3 unhappy folks is less than the % would normally be. This is where the Mods handle it! If folks think peeps aren’t going to moan after the PGA Show about how Mizuno/TM/Callaway etc have all launched MORE drivers/irons/putters etc, and that the one they just bought isn’t worth anything now, then that’s just silly, because they’re going to!

Come-on. We’re adults here. Let’s keep the threads positive even more by not complaining about the thread IN THE THREAD, and instead reach-out to a Mod and ask for some help, or ask them to look at something. I’ve done that and it worked GREAT!!!!

Best way to handle things is do it 1-on-1, behind the scenes, and just don’t react. It’s VERY hard, but it also decreases the negativity in the thread, and thereby squashes it.

Now THAT’S a rant!!!!!!!!!!

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Two great well expressed thoughts back to back.... and for the record, I don't keep clubs long enough to complain that they aren't worth what I paid 😁

• Like 8

:titelist-small: TSR2 10.0 HZRDUS Red CB 6.0 

:titelist-small: TSiR2 10.0  Tensei Blue X ink 55g 

:titelist-small: TSR2 16.5 PX Evenflow 5.5 60 g 

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T200 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

3 hours ago, silver & black said:

If someone doesn't want to read non golf topics they have the option to skip right on by... no harm, no foul.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.  I don't participate in the Cigar Lounge forum because I dislike having to smell tobacco by-products out in public and particularly on the golf course.  But I did post a rant about burn marks on greens. 🤣

• Like 8

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

6 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

We think it's time for transition of this thread to a more positive atmosphere. This thread is now renamed to "Got Problems?" 

Keep Calm and Comment On

@GolfSpy STUDque ,  you have had an incredible influence on these forums.  MGS definitely got the right guy.  Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication to keeping this the best forum on the webs;  and striving to make it better.  This is just another of many examples.

• Like 4

SkyCaddie SX400
Gameday
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small:King F9, Atmos TS Blue
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w, Evenflow Riptide
:nike-small:Covert 2.0 5W, 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson_staff_small:Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small:Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL:ER2
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

:ping-small:Eye 2 Laminate, 1,3,5,7
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW
:ping-small:Original Anser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

38 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Ah, the rant thread.  The perfect place to blow off steam.  I'm sure most members of the forum have stopped in from time to time to tell about a frustrating experience in their daily life and, judging by the post count, we've got a lot to complain about.  A thread like this is both good at bad. 

• Good because we can individually make ourselves feel better by releasing tension
  • Bad because we're taking that negative energy and distributing it to the forum membership

The MyGolfSpy forum is founded on good-natured discussion and information sharing.  It's a place for support and positive energy.  A big reason we support and will continue to support non-golf topics is because it allows each of us to make a deeper connection with our fellow golf fanatics that we may or may not ever interact with in the real world.  These are opportunities for us to discover the human behind the nuts and bolts golf talk.  The rant thread is one of the few places of negativity within MyGolfSpy and it's time to change that for the better.  Does that mean it's being snuffed out? No.  This thread has a deep history in the forum with many many examples of people helping people.  It's not all bad; but when it is, it's pretty dark.

We think it's time for transition of this thread to a more positive atmosphere. This thread is now renamed to "Got Problems?"  From this point forward, this thread will be a place where you can come to....rant about an issue you may be having; BUT ONLY IF you're seeking help from your fellow members.  This will no longer be the place to come to complain and moan about whatever may be troubling you if you're not interested in a solution.  Likewise, replies to these issue should be supportive in nature even if you don't have the solution.  This is not the argument thread and that negative energy has no place on this forum.  

This thread can continue to be non-golf.  As we restructure the sub-forums (slowly), there will be increased support for non-golf topics that will be separate from the rest of the GOLF topics.  Those who come here for golf, can remain in the golf domain and those that come here for everything, can experience everything

Keep Calm and Comment On

I like this new approach 👏

Could I suggest a new thread started with your post pinned to the top and/or delete the 245 pages of 'rants' in this thread?

A new approach like this deserves the cobwebs swept away from the old to make them a distant memory.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shankster said:

I got 99 problems... emoji4.png

but you won't be 1

• Like 3