ole gray

Got Problems?

I sold a driver to one of my golfing acquaintances yesterday.  It was the new Taylormade M5.  He hit it really well on the course and I gave him a drop jaw deal of $300.00.   He paid the cash and while smiling said, " you going to buy it back if I can't hit it right?"   I smiled back and said, " all sales are final".  Well this morning he sent a text (Does this driver come with a guarantee that I can hit it !!!). Now I wondering if he was serious about buying it and having buyers remorse.   Heck I wish I could have gotten my money back after I bought it and it didn't pan out however once you take the wrapper and stickers off those suckers, they depreciate a ton.  $550.00 driver will get you $200.00 bucks on a trade in.    

I still have the $300.00 bucks cash he paid me .   It's a bit awkward but if he renigs on the deal, would you give him his cash back or tell him sorry charlie.    My heart says give him his cash back and mark it down as learning lesson about selling clubs to someone in your players group.  He's not a close friend by any means however I see him quite often and things could get awkward.  Thoughts?

If he decides to ask for a refund, are any of you interested in the latest TaylorMade M5 driver?   Sale for $300.00 + shipping or possible trade for driver of equal value.   I'll post some pics in the sales thread if he decides to bail out on our deal.....  

OG
Maybe offer him a compromise. You shouldn’t take the entire “hit” on the depreciation, split the difference? It’ll
teach him a lesson also.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Rickp said:

OG
Maybe offer him a compromise. You shouldn’t take the entire “hit” on the depreciation, split the difference? It’ll
teach him a lesson also.

Good idea partner!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rickp said:

I’ve been MIA for a while but hope to be participating again soon.
I’ll try to be brief but know I won’t.
Tore rotator cuff (complete tear) and labrum last year so no golf since 12/10.
Surgery performed 2/4 and seems to be successful.
Unfortunately SWMBO took ill with a severe kidney infection and was hospitalized for almost a week with pneumonia topping it off.
We found out that some procedures she had in December/January were “botched” and she’s on medication and closely watched for blood clots. 
My knee replacement that was supposed to happen this Spring is on hold and will probably do Supartz for now, not in a rush for any hospitals right now.
I start PT this coming week and hope to be playing by May.

We have a couple more issues with close friends (cancer) and that’s been tough on SWMBO.

Anyway enough of my sad story but hope to be around a bit more this Spring & Summer.

Sorry to hear about all the issues,  hope things take a turn for the better. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ole gray said:

I sold a driver to one of my golfing acquaintances yesterday.  It was the new Taylormade M5.  He hit it really well on the course and I gave him a drop jaw deal of $300.00.   He paid the cash and while smiling said, " you going to buy it back if I can't hit it right?" 😯  I smiled back and said, " all sales are final".  Well this morning he sent a text (Does this driver come with a guarantee that I can hit it !!!). Now I wondering if he was serious about buying it and having buyers remorse.   Heck I wish I could have gotten my money back after I bought it and it didn't pan out however once you take the wrapper and stickers off those suckers, they depreciate a ton.  $550.00 driver will get you $200.00 bucks on a trade in. 😳   

I still have the $300.00 bucks cash he paid me .   It's a bit awkward but if he renigs on the deal, would you give him his cash back or tell him sorry charlie.    My heart says give him his cash back and mark it down as learning lesson about selling clubs to someone in your players group.  He's not a close friend by any means however I see him quite often and things could get awkward.  Thoughts?

If he decides to ask for a refund, are any of you interested in the latest TaylorMade M5 driver?   Sale for $300.00 + shipping or possible trade for driver of equal value.   I'll post some pics in the sales thread if he decides to bail out on our deal.....  😣

I personally would say no,  but I also wouldn't ask for my money back if I didn't like club after I bought it.   Easy for us to say not to give  refund,  but you need to assess how it will impact your golf group.  

• Like 2

Unfortunately SWMBO took ill with a severe kidney infection and was hospitalized for almost a week with pneumonia topping it off.
We found out that some procedures she had in December/January were “botched” and she’s on medication and closely watched for blood clots.
My knee replacement that was supposed to happen this Spring is on hold and will probably do Supartz for now, not in a rush for any hospitals right now.

We have a couple more issues with close friends (cancer) and that’s been tough on SWMBO.

Anyway enough of my sad story but hope to be around a bit more this Spring & Summer.

Sorry to hear. Hope everything is back to normal shortly!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I personally would say no,  but I also wouldn't ask for my money back if I didn't like club after I bought it.   Easy for us to say not to give  refund,  but you need to assess how it will impact your golf group.  

Thanks buddy!   Yea I'm not totally sure he's not messing with me however I will find out Tuesday.  👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rickp said:

Prayers for a quick and successful recovery for you and the wife.   I heard that rotator cuff surgery is a tough recovery.  Getting old ain't for sissies. 

• Like 1

I sold a driver to one of my golfing acquaintances yesterday.  It was the new Taylormade M5.  He hit it really well on the course and I gave him a drop jaw deal of $300.00.   He paid the cash and while smiling said, " you going to buy it back if I can't hit it right?"   I smiled back and said, " all sales are final".  Well this morning he sent a text (Does this driver come with a guarantee that I can hit it !!!). Now I wondering if he was serious about buying it and having buyers remorse.   Heck I wish I could have gotten my money back after I bought it and it didn't pan out however once you take the wrapper and stickers off those suckers, they depreciate a ton.  $550.00 driver will get you $200.00 bucks on a trade in.    

If he decides to ask for a refund, are any of you interested in the latest TaylorMade M5 driver?   Sale for $300.00 + shipping or possible trade for driver of equal value.   I'll post some pics in the sales thread if he decides to bail out on our deal.....  

I’d politely tell the guy a deal is a deal but suggest you may be able to help him sell it online as you already did in your post. That offer may diffuse it a bit.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rickp said:

Wow.  Sorry to hear about all the issues.  Glad you're back with us.

• Like 1

Prayers for a quick and successful recovery for you and the wife.   I heard that rotator cuff surgery is a tough recovery.  Getting old ain't for sissies. 

Yup,sure isn’t.
Was worried about SWMBO. When Doc said “possible sepsis” got my attention in a hurry. Once we get past her blood clot possibly then we’re good for awhile.
My knee can wait. Gkids coming down to FL in April and we’re not going to mess that up.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Yup,sure isn’t.
Was worried about SWMBO. When Doc said “possible sepsis” got my attention in a hurry. Once we get past her blood clot possibly then we’re good for awhile.
My knee can wait. Gkids coming down to FL in April and we’re not going to mess that up.

Thoughts and prayers for a full recovery Rickp, injury and illness is a terrible thing, take care my friend.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wow, hard to take the bad life deals, good to see you're in a better place. Thoughts and prayers are with you

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Anyone on here dealing with Crohn’s or IBS? Im curious about diets that help. My situation gets worse every year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Anyone on here dealing with Crohn’s or IBS? Im curious about diets that help. My situation gets worse every year...

Talk to @jlukes

On 3/17/2019 at 7:09 AM, Rickp said:

That's tough for both you and your wife.  I pray she gets better soon.  You take it easy too; she needs you now.  Keep us posted.

• Like 1

Jlukes can help

Is the entire country of Mexico on siesta since 3/23? Got UPS shipping notification from Callaway that my package is waiting to be picked up by UPS and it hasn't MOVED SINCE. THE A G O N Y

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Is the entire country of Mexico on siesta since 3/23? Got UPS shipping notification from Callaway that my package is waiting to be picked up by UPS and it hasn't MOVED SINCE. THE A G O N Y

That's when they printed the shipping label. So often I get the alert, doesn't matter if it's USPS, UPS, etc. that my package has shipped but when I go to track it's awaiting pickup. Wish these package movers wouldn't send you an alert until it's finally on the truck and left the facility.

Btw 3/23 - Saturday and it's Mexico.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Wish these package movers wouldn't send you an alert until it's finally on the truck and left the facility.

Especially when you know it is something good, like golf clubs. The wait can be excruciating. 

• Like 1