ole gray

Got Problems?

The notice I hate is the "out for delivery" that you get first thing in the morning, knowing that UPS doesn't deliver to the house until around 4 PM  🙂 

• Like 4

I have the worst luck with ordering drivers and them coming with the correct shaft 😞

• Like 2

I’ve got a serious problem. I called a golf course a hour south of me and was told they aren’t opening till MAY 10th!!!!!!

That’s darn near half the year already. What the crap!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve got a serious problem. I called a golf course a hour south of me and was told they aren’t opening till MAY 10th!!!!!!

I thought you were moving out of the tundra?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I thought you were moving out of the tundra?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am. But not till June....
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

sucks to be you, eh?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Aye! Sure does. Soon....

Just bustin' your chops, mate.  The weather here is getting prime and I have to put golf on the back burner to replace the knee and do the recovery.  By the time I'm ready to get back on the course, it's going to be hot (which won't stop me, but I sure will miss the gorgeous Spring).

• Like 4

Holy allergy season. Has not been this bad for me in a decade. I can deal with everything but the constant headache that I am getting these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just bustin' your chops, mate.  The weather here is getting prime and I have to put golf on the back burner to replace the knee and do the recovery.  By the time I'm ready to get back on the course, it's going to be hot (which won't stop me, but I sure will miss the gorgeous Spring).

All good. Not sure what the hold up is. It’s been rather warm considering, but the snow is not melting. Probably just to tick me off.

50’s next week. Rain tonight... something’s got to give.

Get that knee fixed up.... I’m probably next on that list this coming winter if I can hold out.

• Like 2

Holy allergy season. Has not been this bad for me in a decade. I can deal with everything but the constant headache that I am getting these days.

Not looking forward to that upcoming. I’ll get the late spring fun stuff here, then some all new fun stuff all summer.

Don’t remember having allergies as a kid. Makes me not like trees, flowers, and everything else even less...
  • Like 1

Not looking forward to that upcoming. I’ll get the late spring fun stuff here, then some all new fun stuff all summer.

Don’t remember having allergies as a kid. Makes me not like trees, flowers, and everything else even less...

I have had them all my life. My wife started with them last year when she turned 40 years old. She is suffering worse than I am.

• Like 1

I have had them all my life. My wife started with them last year when she turned 40 years old. She is suffering worse than I am.

I’ve mentioned this Before, I had terrible allergies all my life living in CT. Moving to FL was even worse but last few years using a prescription nail spray symptoms have lessened. Doc figured combo of getting older and that particular medication has been the reason of my improvement. Allergies are still a concern but not as overwhelming as years ago.
Hope you guys can find a way to lessen your allergies, they suck.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Carl,

Had my knee replacement back in November, I’m 5 months into my recovery. As you might guess there’s good news and not so good news.

The good news is I can walk again without much pain, very little in fact. I was able to play 9 in late January and was shocked to notice I could make a full body turn without any pain. Woot!

Today I can easily walk 9 holes. Need to build up my endurance but it’s been a long winter, limiting my walks around the neighborhood. I’ll get there.

The not so good news? The knee is still a little swollen and stiff. My ortho guy says it takes 6 months to a year before that should go away.

I’m impatient and have a tendency to grumble about it. I’m working on being happy for what I have (which is good enough) instead of being the grumbling guy

Follow your PT guys advice, stretching the boundaries a bit when you can. Try not to overdo too much though, you’ll be sore afterwards and lose a day.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, toehold57 said:

Carl,

Had my knee replacement back in November, I’m 5 months into my recovery. As you might guess there’s good news and not so good news.

The good news is I can walk again without much pain, very little in fact. I was able to play 9 in late January and was shocked to notice I could make a full body turn without any pain. Woot!

Today I can easily walk 9 holes. Need to build up my endurance but it’s been a long winter, limiting my walks around the neighborhood. I’ll get there.

The not so good news? The knee is still a little swollen and stiff. My ortho guy says it takes 6 months to a year before that should go away.

I’m impatient and have a tendency to grumble about it. I’m working on being happy for what I have (which is good enough) instead of being the grumbling guy emoji19.png

Follow your PT guys advice, stretching the boundaries a bit when you can. Try not to overdo too much though, you’ll be sore afterwards and lose a day.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Thanks.  This is actually my 2nd knee replacement.  The left was done 4 years ago and now the right is in need of replacement.   My replaced knee still gives me issues a bit -- not pain, but there's scar tissue,  tingling nerves as they try to regenerate, still uncomfortable to kneel on, etc.  As I've been limping, I've put more pressure on the other leg, so it's a bit more uncomfortable than normal...that and my right ankle has taken a beating from the limping (I was too stubborn to give up playing golf and walked (limped) through the pain). I seem to recall playing about 6 weeks after surgery last time and was putting and chipping about 4 weeks following surgery.  My PT guy pushes me hard and I know that it only speeds the process by pushing through the pain.   

Actually, I don't feel pain during play and can make a full swing.  It's walking to the ball that's killing me.  Oh well,  in a week and half is the surgery and I'm more than ready for it.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rickp said:

I’ve mentioned this Before, I had terrible allergies all my life living in CT. Moving to FL was even worse but last few years using a prescription nail spray symptoms have lessened. Doc figured combo of getting older and that particular medication has been the reason of my improvement. Allergies are still a concern but not as overwhelming as years ago.
Hope you guys can find a way to lessen your allergies, they suck.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

My daughter and I started doubling up on Zyrtec and Flonase last year at the recommendation of our family physician.  Best advice I believe I have ever received! 

Still have a day here and there when things get "cloudy" but I'm not walking around in a perpetual "fog" for 3 months a year anymore.

• Like 2