ole gray

Got Problems?

Got home from Orthopedic Doc appt and House was 85’ and A/C running.
Hottest day of the year, great timing. Outside compressor not running. Tried restart system, nothing.
We’re sitting on the Lanai waiting for the service guy. Sure am glad we put a mini-split 1.5 ton unit out there 2 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Let me know what the problem was with the AC. My guess is the start capacitor.

Technically HVAC is part of my job, never get to do it though. Not much need for AC up in the tundra.
  • Like 2

Let me know what the problem was with the AC. My guess is the start capacitor.

Technically HVAC is part of my job, never get to do it though. Not much need for AC up in the tundra.

You know you’re s____!
Was a capacitor. The Tech arrived at our home @ 10 ish (promised time) completed @ 10:30. N/C unit still under warranty.

• Like 5

You know you’re s____!
Was a capacitor. The Tech arrived at our home @ 10 ish (promised time) completed @ 10:30. N/C unit still under warranty.

Warranties are a beautiful thing. Now I can tell my wife I actually know something.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Warranties are a beautiful thing. Now I can tell my wife I actually know something. emoji23.pngemoji23.png

She still may not believe you! 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

She still may not believe you! 

You were correct.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Absolutely perfect weather for the weekend and I have to work. Yes, Friday Saturday Sunday and Monday Had to work Thanksgiving and New Years last year. I love my job, but sometimes, it sucks.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

On 5/22/2019 at 7:15 AM, Shankster said:

Warranties are a beautiful thing. Now I can tell my wife I actually know something. emoji23.pngemoji23.png

She will never believe that

On 5/22/2019 at 7:42 AM, MaxEntropy said:

She still may not believe you! 😉

200% she won't 

On 5/22/2019 at 12:31 PM, Shankster said:

You were correct. emoji846.png

And no shock there lol

• Like 6

Played a new Exec this morning no shoulder problems, really nice track.
Slight problem blew the clutch in my cart. I have a loaner which is OK but I may not get my cart back until Tuesday or Wednesday. Kind of a love hate with the Monday Holiday.
I’m spoiled, want my own cart!

• Like 3

We had a squall blow through here a couple of days ago - 60+ mph winds. Only lasted about 10-15 minutes but enough to blow some very large limbs off of a big maple in our yard. Spent the past day with a chainsaw cutting up the debris - then went for our Friday night 9 hole  couples mixer last night - By the 7th hole my back hurt so bad I could only putt and could hardly get in and out of the cart 😡. The couple of rum and cokes at dinner helped more then the aspirin. 😁

• Like 2

Truck motor oil pressure weirding out, had to take in to my buddies shop. For some reason I took it to dealer first, they’re suggestion was to just replace the motor, only $10k

i told them to shove it deeply

• Like 6

Truck motor oil pressure weirding out, had to take in to my buddies shop. For some reason I took it to dealer first, they’re suggestion was to just replace the motor, only $10k
i told them to shove it deeply

Could be as easy as a sensor.
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Shankster said:

Right? That’s why I can’t stand dealers... their first suggestion is usually the most expensive option... you would think their conscience would bother them after awhile...

• Like 3

On 5/26/2019 at 6:14 AM, Shankster said:

Got my truck back from my friends shop all fixed, for $449...

new sensor, and an oil change, and labor...

gunna torch that dealer on Yelp, something I never do. But they earned my wrath, trying to rip me off for $10k...

• Like 3

Got my truck back from my friends shop all fixed, for $449...
new sensor, and an oil change, and labor...
gunna torch that dealer on Yelp, something I never do. But they earned my wrath, trying to rip me off for $10k...

Crazy. My cars in the shop right now. Looking at around 2k for everything. One is new brakes/rotors. Every shop estimated me around $900. Found a kit for $310. Crazy how much it costs to take it to a shop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

Crazy. My cars in the shop right now. Looking at around 2k for everything. One is new brakes/rotors. Every shop estimated me around $900. Found a kit for $310. Crazy how much it costs to take it to a shop.

That's why I do my own work, because 1: I can, 2: it's cheaper and 3: I know it's done right.

• Like 4

On 9/30/2018 at 11:45 AM, PING Apologist #9 said:

Had my irons and hybrid re-shafted at Golf Galaxy and went to pick them up. Shafts look great, but they "forgot" to trim the lengths and all the irons are missing their ferrules…!😖Fortunately they trimmed the shafts before I left with them, but none of us noticed the lack of parts...I only noticed their absence when I began to install the grips late last night...😫Now off on another trip to have them done right...

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=marvin+martian+delays&&view=detail&mid=CD141102B69E631AC5ECCD141102B69E631AC5EC&&FORM=VRDGAR

I don't get how this can happen.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MattF said:

That's why I do my own work, because 1: I can, 2: it's cheaper and 3: I know it's done right.

4:  I feel guilty as hell spending money to pay someone to do something I can do for myself.

• Like 3

On 5/26/2019 at 6:55 PM, Sluggo42 said:

Right? That’s why I can’t stand dealers... their first suggestion is usually the most expensive option... you would think their conscience would bother them after awhile...

over here we call them Stealers 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MattF said:

Only thing I got going for me from your statement is #2....haha

• Like 2

Pretty sure ALL of the mosquitoes hatched today in the UP.

Dang vampires!! 🦟🧛‍♂️🦟🧛‍♂️🦟🧛‍♂️🦟

• Like 3
  • Sad 1