ole gray

Got Problems?

Our Sponsors

Bad day of golfing. Ruined by the gem of A Holes who cut in front of me on the first tee, and insist that I play after them... had s few words. Ended up playing 7 of the worst holes of golf I’ve ever played. Skipped out in front of them.

Thanks ya jerks.

• Sad 3

3 day member-guest this weekend.... survival of the fittest.  🙂

image.png

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Why can’t people fix their pitch marks on the green?

I spent the majority of my round today repairing pitch marks. Those greens run nice too, just dang bumpy from laziness.

Fixed 22 on one green today... some older but mostly from today and probably yesterday.

• Like 7

No 919's for me for a while. Dropping a set's worth of money to clean out our split A/C's in the house 😭

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, Shankster said:

Why can’t people fix their pitch marks on the green?

I spent the majority of my round today repairing pitch marks. Those greens run nice too, just dang bumpy from laziness.

Fixed 22 on one green today... emoji15.png some older but mostly from today and probably yesterday.

What course?

What course?

Captains Cove in Va.

Kind of disappointed, it’s a decent little 9 hole course that demands accuracy. Greens are cut tight, you can roll some nice putts, or stick them with wedges.

Just seems no one cares to take care of the craters they made.
  • Like 1

Minor rant in grand scheme of things but this was bought certified pre-owned off of the internet. Was supposed to have a headcover too. Would’ve thought it would have been packaged a bit better. They’re replacing it, but now I have to wait a few more days.

IMG_5898.JPGIMG_5899.JPGIMG_5897.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Minor rant in grand scheme of things but this was bought certified pre-owned off of the internet. Was supposed to have a headcover too. Would’ve thought it would have been packaged a bit better. They’re replacing it, but now I have to wait a few more days.

IMG_5898.thumb.JPG.4514be9a6a9457ae639866bbec3cc0f5.JPGIMG_5899.thumb.JPG.fb91906e40243666af8007496ce8d35e.JPGIMG_5897.thumb.JPG.4afb87baa3fd03ea3ac0c1f6ddcb7456.JPG

Happens sometimes no matter who the vendor is.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, downlowkey said:

I was riding my bicycle down the hill into town week before last, when a crab apple dropped off a tree right in front of me. No time to adjust, front tire bounces over it and jams hard right. I subsequently go straight over the handlebars and end up a bloody mess. Contusions/strawberries galore but I also jammed my wrists bad enough they both turned green and have a deep hole in my left palm that looks like the stigmata. I’m so sick of dealing with injuries. #getting_old_sucks

... Oh boy, that really sucks. I hope you heal quickly.

• Like 4

I was riding my bicycle down the hill into town last week, when a crab apple dropped off a tree right in front of me. No time to adjust, front tire bounces over it and jams hard right. I subsequently go straight over the handlebars and end up a bloody mess.
Contusions/strawberries galore but I also jammed my wrists bad enough they both turned green and have a deep hole in my left palm that looks like the stigmata. I’m so sick of dealing with injuries. #getting_old_sucks

Ouch!!! That sucks! Hoping for quick healing! Sue the tree owner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3

I was riding my bicycle down the hill into town last week, when a crab apple dropped off a tree right in front of me. No time to adjust, front tire bounces over it and jams hard right. I subsequently go straight over the handlebars and end up a bloody mess.
Contusions/strawberries galore but I also jammed my wrists bad enough they both turned green and have a deep hole in my left palm that looks like the stigmata. I’m so sick of dealing with injuries. #getting_old_sucks

We don’t “bounce” as well as we used to!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, downlowkey said:

Ouch town population you bro..... never has a quote from Dodgeball worked so well

• Like 2

1 hour ago, downlowkey said:

I crashed in a race Saturday (I know, old men (59) shouldn't be still racing). The guys right in front of me went down  (I don't know why), and I went over the top at 36 mph. I have minimal road rash, but a separated shoulder and some heavy bruising. Probably no more golf for 8 weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Siamese Moose said:

I crashed in a race Saturday (I know, old men (59) shouldn't be still racing). The guys right in front of me went down  (I don't know why), and I went over the top at 36 mph. I have minimal road rash, but a separated shoulder and some heavy bruising. Probably no more golf for 8 weeks. 

I’m roughly (2) years removed from a similar shoulder dinger (snapped clavicle, type 2 shoulder sep, torn labrum & RC). My experience: don’t rush the comeback or that shoulder will keep ripping apart.

Hope you get better quickly.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

36 mph on a bike . Holy cr*p!

12 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

36 mph on a bike emoji15.png. Holy cr*p!

you should turn on the tour de france one evening;  especially when it is a stage with a sprint ending or a big descent.   Amazing how close together they ride at the speeds they are traveling. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cnosil said:

you should turn on the tour de france one evening;  especially when it is a stage with a sprint ending or a big descent.   Amazing how close together they ride at the speeds they are traveling. 

Anything over high teens on my bike and I'm thinking broken bones 😱

• Like 1

Dumb weather. Storms rolled through Friday night and we were lucky to have power Saturday morning. 

Spent all morning Saturday trying to get housework done in preparation for my Sunday round. At 3 p.m. another brief storm rolled through and knocked out our power.

Spent the rest of the evening babysitting our generator, and most of today, too. No golf this weekend because of that. Otherwise gorgeous day today.

Our neighborhood is tree-lined with red maples planted some time ago by the city. It's like no one ever thought they would grow! They are all woven through the lines now and they don't trim at all. Very frustrating.

• Like 5