ole gray

Got Problems?

The engine seized in Penny’s van on Monday making it next to worthless. Converted Handicap vans cost between 14-18k more than their base counter parts. A van with a 36k sticker will be 50k for rear entry and 54k for side.

Most banks do not recognize the added value of the conversion and so won’t give a loan on these vans without a significant down payment - at least 14k.

We have applied for a state backed loan program but it takes two weeks to get an answer. In the meantime Penny can’t go anywhere except to school (she’s bused) or local doctors for ride share.

We had to rent a van for $200 yesterday to transport her to her IV appointment in Tampa yesterday

And it’s no guarantee that we will qualify for that program - we may have to wait until Penny qualifies for SSDI to purchase a van - that could be four months from now - she applied last month when she turned 18.

It stinks - best case scenario the added monthly payment reduces the amount of golf that I play for a while as well as where it’s played. Worse case scenario I could be setting aside the clubs completely for the next six months.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Not going to “like” this post.
Hope everything works out for you, Penny and family.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PMookie said:

Had to leave training in California... My wife’s Father died unexpectedly. My kids no longer have either Grandfather. emoji22.png He was such a great man, and so good to me. He absolutely loved his daughter, and ESPECIALLY his grandkids. So sad. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 9/9/2019 at 9:28 PM, RickyBobby_PR said:

Just never know when your number is going to get called. Unfortunate accident to the life of a family friend that goes back to when he and my dad were kids. Happens to also be related to one of my uncles. Spent countless hours with him and his kids growing up and other members of his family.  Just devastated for the families.

Condolences and sorry for both of your losses🙏

MDGolfHacker

• Like 3

The engine seized in Penny’s van on Monday making it next to worthless. Converted Handicap vans cost between 14-18k more than their base counter parts. A van with a 36k sticker will be 50k for rear entry and 54k for side.

Most banks do not recognize the added value of the conversion and so won’t give a loan on these vans without a significant down payment - at least 14k.

We have applied for a state backed loan program but it takes two weeks to get an answer. In the meantime Penny can’t go anywhere except to school (she’s bused) or local doctors for ride share.

We had to rent a van for $200 yesterday to transport her to her IV appointment in Tampa yesterday

And it’s no guarantee that we will qualify for that program - we may have to wait until Penny qualifies for SSDI to purchase a van - that could be four months from now - she applied last month when she turned 18.

It stinks - best case scenario the added monthly payment reduces the amount of golf that I play for a while as well as where it’s played. Worse case scenario I could be setting aside the clubs completely for the next six months.

Awe man, so sorry to hear about this. I’m praying that all works out for the best for y’all.

• Like 2

Not going to “like” this post.
Hope everything works out for you, Penny and family.

Thank you - money saved for vacation is being used for the down payment in the van - hoping it and the creativity of our salesman is enough

• Like 2

Awe man, so sorry to hear about this. I’m praying that all works out for the best for y’all.

Thank you - blessings to you and your family

• Like 1

Thank you - money saved for vacation is being used for the down payment in the van - hoping it and the creativity of our salesman is enough

Rev,

Sorry to hear that. Any way to repair or replace the engine? It might be more cost effective to drop a new engine in it provided the other components in the van work.

Either way I know it'll work out for you and Penny.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Rev,

Sorry to hear that. Any way to repair or replace the engine? It might be more cost effective to drop a new engine in it provided the other components in the van work.

Either way I know it'll work out for you and Penny.

@revkev  I'm so sorry to hear that.  I know how much Penny loves to get out and about to games.  

I like Tony's idea.  If the van is fully operational otherwise, a new engine installed would seem a good approach.  

Maybe Penny needs to be "Overhauled" by Chip Foose.

• Like 4

Thanks for the suggestion guys - the van is a long story - the simple answer is it’s not worth the 5-7k investment for a new or refurbished engine.

It has lots of issues - we were trying to nurse 4-6 more months out of it.

• Like 6

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 7:51 PM, revkev said:

Prayers from me as well. 

• Like 1

Spent the weekend at the Hospital.  My mother-in-law was a heavy smoker for years, and has COPD developing.  She was not able to breath so took her to the ER.  She is home now, on oxygen for the rest of her life.  She is having a very difficult time of it, and keeps saying she wants to die. 

Then my brother calls, and my dad whose health has been declining was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, and it is progressing quickly.

The ups and downs of life, are what truly define us.  They took care of us, of course we can take care of them.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

Spent the weekend at the Hospital.  My mother-in-law was a heavy smoker for years, and has COPD developing.  She was not able to breath so took her to the ER.  She is home now, on oxygen for the rest of her life.  She is having a very difficult time of it, and keeps saying she wants to die. 
Then my brother calls, and my dad whose health has been declining was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, and it is progressing quickly.
The ups and downs of life, are what truly define us.  They took care of us, of course we can take care of them.

Sorry to hear about your parents. We all go thru it and a part of life. Wishing you and your family the best.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kardboard.kid said:

It's a difficult time for kids to deal with parents at that time in their life.  My prayers go out to you and your family.

My mom passed away at 89 after a long battle with lots of heath problems, and my dad is very depressed. He'll be 89 next month and has no desire to interact with anyone.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Amen - but it’s tough when that time comes. You are in my prayers.

• Like 4

This is only my problem..........😂

People who confuse LOOSE and LOSE in written form. It changes the whole sentence and its surprising how many 'educated' people do it.

Another pet peeve is people who say 'F' instead of 'TH' as in "I used a free iron and a Titleist number free.

I'm away for a lie down now😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Rain, rain, rain. Second Sunday in a row I've been rained out. Rained out my Mizuno fitting on Friday. Suppose to rain every day until Thursday. Not a great start to the fall golf season. IF I can play next weekend it will be three weeks between rounds, assuming the course can even dry out on Friday. 

On a high note, I did finish a French drain project yesterday while we did not have rain and it's working wonderfully today.

• Like 6

Bag is a year old and hardly used and discovered this today. Hoping Titleist can warranty it.

IMG_0032.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, edingc said:

Rain, rain, rain. Second Sunday in a row I've been rained out. Rained out my Mizuno fitting on Friday. Suppose to rain every day until Thursday. Not a great start to the fall golf season. IF I can play next weekend it will be three weeks between rounds, assuming the course can even dry out on Friday. 

Frustrating but it beats the snow those in Montana are having. 

• Like 1

Bag is a year old and hardly used and discovered this today. Hoping Titleist can warranty it.

IMG_0032.JPG.fd2bf6c94a3e03c32e40c8f547c017a3.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The good companies are usually pretty good about warranty issues.

8 hours ago, edingc said:

On a high note, I did finish a French drain project yesterday while we did not have rain and it's working wonderfully today.

We'd kill for some rain down here in VA.  It's very, very crispy around here.  We're all getting down with brown.

• Like 1