ole gray

Got Problems?

Our Sponsors

3 minutes ago, MattF said:

Are you guys getting a lot of storms there lately?

About the usual this time of year.  They typically build up and spill over the continental divide around 2-6pm, June-Aug.  I actually enjoy seeing and hearing them... just not directly over the house 😬.

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

Lightning strike just took out our wireless router. We were in the garage working on my wife's rock tumbler when a crack and boom had us and River airborne .  "Holy$#*! , what was that my wife asked.  I went back in the house to check on things and noticed the Roku trying to locate a wireless connection.  I took a look at the router in the den and it was lights out.  Picked it up and it was warm and had that burned electronics smell.  Also some loose pieces bouncing around inside when flipped over... that can't be good  Nothing else wrong - just the router.  I'm using my cell phone to hotspot until a replacement router arrives Monday.
Last summer the ranch adjacent to us had their irrigation pump motor take a direct strike.  It fused the windings to the case and blew one of the exterior metal shrouds off.  $4600 gone in a picosecond.  Fortunately, a surge protector kept the control box from being damaged.  Funny thing is this system that rolled in did not have that ominous look so many do here in the rocky mountains.  Just goes to show that you just never know.  I have developed a healthy respect for the power of water (as in river flows) and lightning. 

Be careful Grasshopper.
We’ve had thunderstorms & Lightning rolling thru Central Florida for last 3-4 days but no damage I know of.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Fireworks terrify my GSP my GWP doesn't care but he hates them and is up my butt trying to hide hoping I protect him

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Fireworks terrify my GSP my GWP doesn't care but he hates them and is up my butt trying to hide hoping I protect him

Yeah, I really feel bad for animals that are frightened by fireworks.  We had to get med's for our female GR.  River is fine with gunfire and fireworks, but that lightening today bothered him briefly.

• Like 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

31 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

I feel your pain. Three Yorkies here. One is terrified, one is slightly agitated, and the third couldn’t care less. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 460 10.5*

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 3W, 5W

:callaway-small: X2 Hot 5-PW

:callaway-small: MD4 52/56/60

:odyssey-small: White Hot RX #7

:taylormade-small: TP5

Cancelled our trip to California in October, which means no Truespec/Coolclubs and Evnroll visit. Pretty bummed, but traveling is just not feasible especially if we're not allowed back home.

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

3 hours ago, yungkory said:

Cancelled our trip to California in October, which means no Truespec/Coolclubs and Evnroll visit. Pretty bummed, but traveling is just not feasible especially if we're not allowed back home.

Yeah, this Covid-19 stuff has affected our travel plans.  My daughter wanted to visit my brother and my new nephew in FL.  Couldn't do it with Covid cases surpassing 10k.  We've rescheduled to visit during her birthday at the beginning of September, but that's not looking hopeful either.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Yeah, this Covid-19 stuff has affected our travel plans.  My daughter wanted to visit my brother and my new nephew in FL.  Couldn't do it with Covid cases surpassing 10k.  We've rescheduled to visit during her birthday at the beginning of September, but that's not looking hopeful either.

MDGolfHacker

Parts of FL are getting it worse than others.

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

14 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Parts of FL are getting it worse than others.

Rickp:

I know.  My brother in law came up from FL at the end of June for our annual escape to massanutten for some golfing and Fishing.  He thought about not going back for a bit because FL was spiking.  In the end he went back ( I'm sure more because his GF was giving him a hard time about being away... Or is it because he wanted to give his girlfriend a HARD time... Lol).  Crazy with FL and Arizona spiking...

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Rickp:
  I know.  My brother in law came up from FL at the end of June for our annual escape to massanutten for some golfing and Fishing.  He thought about not going back for a bit because FL was spiking.  In the end he went back ( I'm sure more because his GF was giving him a hard time about being away... Or is it because he wanted to give his girlfriend a HARD time... Lol).  Crazy with FL and Arizona spiking...

MDGolfHacker

FL is strange right now. I see most older people are following the CDC suggestions but the younger population not really being serious. Obviously some older folks aren’t following and their paying the price.
We were invited to a small dinner party tonight and we turned it down. Just don’t want to take a chance.

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

7 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I have to admit I am a little shocked (although I shouldn't;t be) that many states have made this political not medical/scientific. The Virus does not take sides and is an equal opportunity killer. I am now second guessing moving to Phoenix as they are really getting hit hard and seem to have their head ion the desert sand. Phoenix Mayor wants more restrictions to stop the spreading explosion but the Gov won't allow it. Just insane. Goodness knows Illinois gets very few things right, but their handing on this pandemic has been outstanding. Obviously Chicago proper got slammed in March and the Gov taking advice from medical experts locked things down, made masks mandatory and only reopened some things very slowly. He put into place requirements for reopening and a lot of downstate rural areas met the requirements and moved quicker than Chicago that still has some pretty stringent rules in place.

... I just don't understand being so greedy in the short term which causes a longer period of economic and medical suffering. Kinda like hitting the ball in the trees and taking your medicine and just punching back into the fairway instead of trying to squeeze it between a small opening over water form a terrible lie and making an already bad situation so much worse. 

Completely agree. This should not be a political issue. 

• Like 6

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Fujikura and Nippon fan. Connoisseur of grips.

Updated 7/14/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  :scotty-small: Squareback 1 - Sense Grips S1 - Stability Shaft

Current Putter Collection:EVNROLL: ER10 Outback,  :bettinardi-small: 2017 Studio Stock 3, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

32 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I have to admit I am a little shocked (although I shouldn't be) that many states have made this political not medical/scientific. The Virus does not take sides and is an equal opportunity killer. I am now second guessing moving to Phoenix as they are really getting hit hard and seem to have their head in the desert sand. Phoenix Mayor wants more restrictions to stop the spreading explosion but the Gov won't allow it. Just insane. Goodness knows Illinois gets very few things right, but their handing on this pandemic has been outstanding. Obviously Chicago proper got slammed in March and the Gov taking advice from medical experts locked things down, made masks mandatory and only reopened some things very slowly. He put into place requirements for reopening and a lot of downstate rural areas met the requirements earlier and moved quicker than Chicago that thankfully still has some pretty stringent rules in place.

... I just don't understand being so greedy in the short term which causes a longer period of economic and medical suffering. Kinda like hitting the ball in the trees and taking your medicine and just punching back into the fairway instead of trying to squeeze it between a small opening over water form a terrible lie and making an already bad situation so much worse. 

Just reaffirms the point that public health is economic health.  

• Like 5

• PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TS1 4-G Nippon Modus3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Maltby TSW 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide 2020
  • Oncore Elixr

Currently testing the Ben Hogan PTx Combo irons https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/38486-2020-official-member-review-ben-hogan-icon-ptx-proicon-combo-irons/

Rochester, NY

4.3 Index

33 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I have to admit I am a little shocked (although I shouldn't be) that many states have made this political not medical/scientific. The Virus does not take sides and is an equal opportunity killer. I am now second guessing moving to Phoenix as they are really getting hit hard and seem to have their head in the desert sand. Phoenix Mayor wants more restrictions to stop the spreading explosion but the Gov won't allow it. Just insane. Goodness knows Illinois gets very few things right, but their handing on this pandemic has been outstanding. Obviously Chicago proper got slammed in March and the Gov taking advice from medical experts locked things down, made masks mandatory and only reopened some things very slowly. He put into place requirements for reopening and a lot of downstate rural areas met the requirements earlier and moved quicker than Chicago that thankfully still has some pretty stringent rules in place.

To much social media IMO if everyone just “talked to their neighbor” would be a lot less headaches. A lot has been done right a lot has been done wrong but we’re getting through

• Like 3

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

... I have to admit I am a little shocked (although I shouldn't be) that many states have made this political not medical/scientific. The Virus does not take sides and is an equal opportunity killer. I am now second guessing moving to Phoenix as they are really getting hit hard and seem to have their head in the desert sand. Phoenix Mayor wants more restrictions to stop the spreading explosion but the Gov won't allow it. Just insane. Goodness knows Illinois gets very few things right, but their handling on this pandemic has been outstanding. Obviously Chicago proper got slammed badly in March and the Gov taking advice from medical experts locked things down, made masks mandatory and only reopened some things very slowly. He put into place requirements for reopening and a lot of downstate rural areas met those requirements earlier and moved quicker than Chicago that thankfully still has some pretty stringent rules in place.

... I just don't understand being so greedy in the short term which causes a longer period of economic and medical suffering. Kinda like hitting the ball in the trees and taking your medicine and just punching back into the fairway instead of trying to squeeze it between a small opening over water from a terrible lie and making an already bad situation sooooo much worse. 

My 19yo was supposed to fly to Phoenix later this month to visit a friend. We shut that down as soon as the cases out there started to skyrocket.

Some friends of ours decided to go to FL for two weeks and just arrived there. Needless to say, I will not be attending their kid’s grad party in a few weeks after they decided to head there even with things blowing up (and their eldest having massive asthma issues).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

My 19yo was supposed to fly to Phoenix later this month to visit a friend. We shut that down as soon as the cases out there started to skyrocket.

Some friends of ours decided to go to FL for two weeks and just arrived there. Needless to say, I will not be attending their kid’s grad party in a few weeks after they decided to head there even with things blowing up (and their eldest having massive asthma issues).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think everyone has had problems w this C19.
We were supposed to go to CT for Gdaughter HS graduation and Gson Middle School graduation and various other family activities that we really had been looking forward to, especially Softball & Legion baseball. Obviously we never went north and watched the modified HS graduation in the computer.

• Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

So, I think I've been frozen out of the group of guys I've played golf with for the past 5 years. There have probably been skins games going on since the league started back up in June and while I don't regularly play in that, I usually play on most Saturdays. However, since I asked if they were happening, no emails for nearly 4 weeks.

This upsets me.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 18.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

:nickent-small: Pipe

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2019)

:CaddyTek: Caddylite 15.3 V1

Go Orange!

I stepped on a nail while doing work on my house today and pulled some rubber out of the wound I am currently holding off on going to the hospital but I doubt I will stay away if the pain continues. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

9 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

So, I think I've been frozen out of the group of guys I've played golf with for the past 5 years. There have probably been skins games going on since the league started back up in June and while I don't regularly play in that, I usually play on most Saturdays. However, since I asked if they were happening, no emails for nearly 4 weeks.

This upsets me.

Are you friendly with one or more of them, where you could shoot a text or make a quick call? 

• Like 2

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb