ole gray

Got Problems?

Our Sponsors

10 hours ago, revkev said:

Fell getting out of bed last night (a combination of a few drinks and a dog where she should not have been).

Hit my head hard on the end table.

I got up and went to work but really had a nasty headache by noon. It was then that I realized that I had a nasty knot on my temple. Went to the walk in clinic, they sent me to the ER for a CT scan.

Nothing serious but the doctor believes that I have a concussion. My wife told me that I was definitely knocked out.

So a couple of days of bed rest for me. I’m on some pretty good meds - at least my head and neck have stopped hurting

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ow, hope you're feeling better soon.

• Like 1

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

On 8/9/2020 at 10:58 PM, MattF said:

Found out last night that our fridge is on it's way out...we're now looking at around $2500 for a replacement.

Welcome to my world. Had to replace washing machine, oven and fridge over about 2 months earlier this year. At least I'm really happy with the fridge and oven, and the washing machine seems to still automatically get my clothes clean.

• Like 3

:ping-small:  G400 SFT with Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods with Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:mizuno-small: MP18 MMC FliHi 4 Iron - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges 50,54,58
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

11 hours ago, revkev said:

Fell getting out of bed last night (a combination of a few drinks and a dog where she should not have been).

Hit my head hard on the end table.

I got up and went to work but really had a nasty headache by noon. It was then that I realized that I had a nasty knot on my temple. Went to the walk in clinic, they sent me to the ER for a CT scan.

Nothing serious but the doctor believes that I have a concussion. My wife told me that I was definitely knocked out.

So a couple of days of bed rest for me. I’m on some pretty good meds - at least my head and neck have stopped hurting

No good Kev, take it easy and as @tommc23 said, listen to your body. Waiting an extra day or 2 to get back into things can only be a good thing.

• Like 3

MLA Tour Mallet 33"

18 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Wow!  Sorry to hear that.  Get plenty of rest, and keep us posted.

At our age... Don't be a statistic!

Wow thanks to everyone for the well wishes and good advice.  Still feeling it today for certain.  Kenny, I went to the ER yesterday for just that reason.  I've heard of a few people who have fallen, bumped their head, thought they were okay and then died two days later from brain swelling or have had significant lingering impacts from this sort of fall.  As soon as I started feeling weird and noticed how big the knot was on my temple, I went.  As I was being discharged my nurse told me that they had a woman there a few months earlier who came in too late. 

I will just take my time - did a quick video and a virtual meeting earlier - will only do virtual on Weds and off on Thursday.  Hopefully I'm back at it on Friday but if not at least for Sunday.  (I'm not preaching this weekend which is good.)

• Like 7

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

20 minutes ago, revkev said:

Wow thanks to everyone for the well wishes and good advice.  Still feeling it today for certain.  Kenny, I went to the ER yesterday for just that reason.  I've heard of a few people who have fallen, bumped their head, thought they were okay and then died two days later from brain swelling or have had significant lingering impacts from this sort of fall.  As soon as I started feeling weird and noticed how big the knot was on my temple, I went.  As I was being discharged my nurse told me that they had a woman there a few months earlier who came in too late. 

I will just take my time - did a quick video and a virtual meeting earlier - will only do virtual on Weds and off on Thursday.  Hopefully I'm back at it on Friday but if not at least for Sunday.  (I'm not preaching this weekend which is good.)

I'm glad you went in, Rev. My grandpa suffered a stroke a few years back and thought he just drank too much. He recovered but it did have some lasting effects and ultimately ended his golf career, and it might not have if he had gone to the ER like everyone told him to. Glad you're not as stubborn as him! Get well soon!

• Like 5

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

My FIL went backwards over a chair while I was there this afternoon working on their verandah...a bit of blood, but my MIL is keeping an eagle eye on him. I told her that if he says he's feeling funny just grab the pillow and as she's putting it over his face say "you're time has come old man". 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

4 hours ago, MattF said:

My FIL went backwards over a chair while I was there this afternoon working on their verandah...a bit of blood, but my MIL is keeping an eagle eye on him. I told her that if he says he's feeling funny just grab the pillow and as she's putting it over his face say "you're time has come old man". 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Covid is part of my problem.  The two closest fitters to me are both in areas with higher infection rates.  The other part?  I tried my friend's irons at the range this morning and on paper I should not be able to do squat with them.  I play game improvement irons and he plays player's cavity backs.  I'm also still fairly new to golf at 1 year and 4 months of off and on experience.  I now desperately want to go to fitter, but Covid is not worth the answers to my questions.

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

1 hour ago, AmishJason said:

Covid is part of my problem.  The two closest fitters to me are both in areas with higher infection rates.  The other part?  I tried my friend's irons at the range this morning and on paper I should not be able to do squat with them.  I play game improvement irons and he plays player's cavity backs.  I'm also still fairly new to golf at 1 year and 4 months of off and on experience.  I now desperately want to go to fitter, but Covid is not worth the answers to my questions.

Honestly most fitters are probably seeing less people right now which should help ease your concerns. Call one and ask them what they are doing to help lower the risk if you're concerned. 

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

Honestly most fitters are probably seeing less people right now which should help ease your concerns. Call one and ask them what they are doing to help lower the risk if you're concerned. 

Arkansas Golf Center recently shared that they are booked for several weeks.  Fittings and lessons count towards their 80 weekly openings.  I was pretty surprised with the way things are these days.  

Mostly it's just a personal concern of mine.  None of my friends have caught it and no one at my job or my wife's job have tested positive, so I don't want to end up being the one who gets it and spreads it.  

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

Please excuse my language.  But If anyone has any idea on how to keep jackasses from playing your golf course ...I'm all ears.   The second time in a week this has happened.  
Right or wrong in someway I blame these golf cart stunt videos that are popping up all over IG and places. 
I'm pissed because our Superintendent works 10 hours a day 7 days a week during this time of year to keep the course conditions up.  Then he has to come in and see this
FYI.  This is only one picture of 4 similar greens. 

E99D27C0-9527-4299-B371-515163104A9E.jpeg.7a5eac32283f2c9bf1207eacfe7ca079.jpeg

Wow. I don’t even really know what to say. That is just senseless destruction of property.

I cringe every time I see one of those videos posted online. And the fact that this happened to the greens is even worse.

[mention]Lacassem [/mention]’s cousin is a greenskeeper and I can only imagine what he would do if he got a hold of the punks that did that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 7

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

5 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Please excuse my language.  But If anyone has any idea on how to keep jackasses from playing your golf course ...I'm all ears.   The second time in a week this has happened.  

Right or wrong in someway I blame these golf cart stunt videos that are popping up all over IG and places. 

I'm pissed because our Superintendent works 10 hours a day 7 days a week during this time of year to keep the course conditions up.  Then he has to come in and see this 😡

E99D27C0-9527-4299-B371-515163104A9E.jpeg

No words. 

Probably time to invest in GPS controlled carts, and maybe a flaying if you catch them.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

MLA Tour Mallet 33"

2 minutes ago, Peaksy68 said:

No words. 

Probably time to invest in GPS controlled carts, and maybe a flaying if you catch them.

Yeah. I really wish we could.  Except we have electric carts that are kept outside overnight all year long in a fenced in "cage" area.  But no electric or shelter for them.  

We are a municipal course and tend to attract the Bros with Beer type crowd especially late in the day.  

• Like 4

:callaway-logo-1:  MAVRIK Sub Zero 9.0 Adilia MSI 60S

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:callaway-logo-1: MAVRIK 5-A Nippon Modus 105 S 

:callaway-logo-1: MD5 Jaws 54.10 and 58.12 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

5 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yeah. I really wish we could.  Except we have electric carts that are kept outside overnight all year long in a fenced in "cage" area.  But no electric or shelter for them.  

We are a municipal course and tend to attract the Bros with Beer type crowd especially late in the day.  

Maybe a cost benefit analysis of GPS vs course damage, lots of potential upside. Still consider the flaying option.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

MLA Tour Mallet 33"

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I'm pissed because our Superintendent works 10 hours a day 7 days a week during this time of year to keep the course conditions up.  Then he has to come in and see this 😡

E99D27C0-9527-4299-B371-515163104A9E.jpeg

Just terrible. I was a punk but would never do this to someone’s personal property (especially hard work that goes into it)

definitly like @Peaksy68 thought on gap analysis I bet a camera system or better area to secure the carts would pay for itself after 2 or 3 of these incidents. Just trying to get that back is extremely costly in materials and labor.

we have a similar issue at work right now where kids are climbing over the fence and breaking into one of our buildings (it’s a grey water facility why they are breaking in I still don’t know) nonetheless we have to invest in some way to keep them out, never easy or inexpensive....

• Like 2

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

I would invest in a couple trail cam monitors. It is motion activated, takes pictures and saves them to an SD card. You can pull the chip plug it into your pc or laptop and now you will know who the culprits are. You just strap these to a tree and your good to go. They sell for about $70 to $80.

My neighbors have them to take pictures of wildlife on the back of my property.

Our country club had a problem with cash being stolen from the drop box that the staff would use from food and beverage department. There was a mail slot with a basket on the inside of the door that was used for after hours and weekends. The deposit slips were not matching the cash. We put one in the office. Got pictures of the employee taking the cash. Called the police and  the problem was solved. All it takes is catching a few, making an example of them and words gets around. 

Also reporting to the news paper and putting the damage in print brings attention to the situation and awareness to the community. Even offer a reward for information. 

• Like 4

Driver, Ping G400 11* SR Flex

3 Wood, TaylorMade SLDR 17*  R Flex

5 Wood, TaylorMade SLDR 19* R Flex

Hybrid, Cobra Amp 24* R Flex

Irons, Sub 70 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

Wedges, Cleveland CBX 56* & 60*

Putter, Odyssey Marksman Fang 35"

15 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I would invest in a couple trail cam monitors. It is motion activated, takes pictures and saves them to an SD card. You can pull the chip plug it into your pc or laptop and now you will know who the culprits are. You just strap these to a tree and your good to go. They sell for about $70 to $80.

My neighbors have them to take pictures of wildlife on the back of my property.

Our country club had a problem with cash being stolen from the drop box that the staff would use from food and beverage department. There was a mail slot with a basket on the inside of the door that was used for after hours and weekends. The deposit slips were not matching the cash. We put one in the office. Got pictures of the employee taking the cash. Called the police and  the problem was solved. All it takes is catching a few, making an example of them and words gets around. 

Also reporting to the news paper and putting the damage in print brings attention to the situation and awareness to the community. Even offer a reward for information. 

Yep. We already have 5 or 6 out in other areas.  We are a 36 hole course spread out over 800 acres.  With many holes bordering trails that lead to housing areas.  We have put cameras there as well to try and catch kids coming through with four wheelers and dirt bikes.  

We caught one that way.  His father's response "well where else Is he supposed to ride it" 😡😡😡😡. With parenting like that.  I think we are fighting a losing battle.   We showed it to the police and they said it wasn't positive enough ID to do anything 😟

As for a secured cart barn to put carts with GPS In. It's been in the budget for a couple years. But is always one of the first things to get cut. 

Some finance people can't see long term cost/benefit analysis.  It's all about right now. 

• Like 4

:callaway-logo-1:  MAVRIK Sub Zero 9.0 Adilia MSI 60S

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:callaway-logo-1: MAVRIK 5-A Nippon Modus 105 S 

:callaway-logo-1: MD5 Jaws 54.10 and 58.12 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Best you get injuries like that checked, you never know.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I'm pissed because our Superintendent works 10 hours a day 7 days a week during this time of year to keep the course conditions up.  Then he has to come in and see this

E99D27C0-9527-4299-B371-515163104A9E.jpeg.7a5eac32283f2c9bf1207eacfe7ca079.jpeg

Saw similar in CT maybe 10-12 years ago. Local cops somehow tracked kids down and I believe parents had to pay for repairs. Of course the ATV’s were illegal.

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list