Jump to content

Got Problems?


ole gray

Recommended Posts

And they probably were running to buy up all the bread and milk!  

And toilet paper......


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rickp said:


And toilet paper......


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ahhh toilet paper.. the 2020 addition.

  • Like 2

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hear ya! It's like.... you live in NE Ohio... is the first time you've driven in snow?!

Clarification - first snow of the season [emoji4]


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Living in Cleveland for 20 years, I always dreaded the first snowstorm because people drove like it was the first time: some driving at a crawl taking 2 lanes and others barreling along over the speed limit using the shoulder. 

 

17 hours ago, chisag said:

 

... I would have thought Clevelanders would be used to snow and drive appropriately. Chicago was pretty good at it, although there was the occasional too slow-fast drivers. Thankfully I won't have to deal with snow here in Phoenix, just morons in tricked out pick ups that think they are in a real life version of Mad Max: Fury Road. 

 

17 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Here in the Washington DC area we have tons of both types.  The worst, to me, are the relatively well-to-do folks in their Mercedes or BMW "crossovers" who don't really understand that 4WD helps you GO in snow and ice, but they don't help you STOP.  I spent enough years at the snowiest university in the US, I understand driving gently in slippery conditions, but I prefer to stay at home and avoid the really bad drivers, the creepers and the daredevils.

 

13 hours ago, silver & black said:

I hear ya! It's like.... you live in NE Ohio... is the first time you've driven in snow?!

And they were out in force this morning despite the roads being clear. There's 3-4 miles before the turn off but let's camp out in the left hand lane...

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8


God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My BIL's current issue is healing from a ruptured appendix.  He texted us on Tues evening he was headed to the hosp after a doc visit id'ed it as an appendix issue and not the suspected hernia.  He got there Tues night and spent all night waiting for the emergency surgery until 10am Wed when it burst as they opened him up.  Lots of cleanout to get all the goopy stuff (his description) and antibiotics and other stuff going on to make sure it drains.  Not sure what the surgery delay was related to but its a shame it got to the point it did.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 4

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 15*, 18* & 23* Hybrids; Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am having absolute sticker shock right now. My daughter is looking to transfer for next semester due to a number of concerns she has with her current college, and the schools she's heard back from with financial aid packages have me flabbergasted. They're offering absolute peanuts. I know - it's a first world problem. I get it 100%. But she's not even getting academic stuff in addition to small grants and loans. Her first choice is BU so she can stay in Boston, and sending her there would more than double what we're paying right now. She got her package offer late last night and they want a decision by Friday. Talk about a tight timeframe, and she still hasn't heard from other schools to see what she might get somewhere else.

Even worse is the fact that our son is 15 and as far as FAFSA is concerned, he doesn't exist. There will be a one year gap from when she graduates and he starts college. Wife and I are trying to see how we could make things work, but it's a long shot 😬

I know other families have the same feeling of "holy crap" when looking at college $$ but man - what a kick in the gut to see just how much some of this stuff costs. 

  • Like 5
  • Sad 3

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

I am having absolute sticker shock right now. My daughter is looking to transfer for next semester due to a number of concerns she has with her current college, and the schools she's heard back from with financial aid packages have me flabbergasted. They're offering absolute peanuts. I know - it's a first world problem. I get it 100%. But she's not even getting academic stuff in addition to small grants and loans. Her first choice is BU so she can stay in Boston, and sending her there would more than double what we're paying right now. She got her package offer late last night and they want a decision by Friday. Talk about a tight timeframe, and she still hasn't heard from other schools to see what she might get somewhere else.

Even worse is the fact that our son is 15 and as far as FAFSA is concerned, he doesn't exist. There will be a one year gap from when she graduates and he starts college. Wife and I are trying to see how we could make things work, but it's a long shot 😬

I know other families have the same feeling of "holy crap" when looking at college $$ but man - what a kick in the gut to see just how much some of this stuff costs. 

I'm right there with you. At least you have a gap. My two are 18 months apart but two school years. My son is on his second year and my daughter starts next year. My daughter got both athletic and academic scholarships and was told it was the highest they ever offered a female athlete at this particular school. So excited until I saw the numbers. Still only covered 50%. I guess I should be grateful for that but I was hoping for a free ride. Private D2 school. 

The last year was just difficult to say the least. If you get sent home to do classes on line for the entire school year why do you have to pay full price for school?  We had to fight to get dorm money and food money back. I told my son if he wanted to do SNHU or one of those other on line colleges for his degree that was fine by me. Really what's the difference if its all on line anyway?  The name of the school on the diploma is the only difference and most places want a degree and don't care what school you got it from. ( Unless you are going high end.. Lawyer, Doctor...)  Lets not get into the books either $150.00 for a stack of loose leaf paper with holes so you can put it in your own binder.

I feel your pain.

  • Like 9

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

The last year was just difficult to say the least. If you get sent home to do classes on line for the entire school year why do you have to pay full price for school? 

MassArt was really good about refunding our money pretty quickly. Zero complaints there. That school isn't planning on having students on campus until next year, which would make it a year and a half that she was home learning online if she stays there. As an art student in a graphic design major that needs a lot of hands-on learning in studio environments, it's absolutely not ideal. That's one of the main reasons she's looking to transfer. 

  • Like 5

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I'm right there with you. At least you have a gap. My two are 18 months apart but two school years. My son is on his second year and my daughter starts next year. My daughter got both athletic and academic scholarships and was told it was the highest they ever offered a female athlete at this particular school. So excited until I saw the numbers. Still only covered 50%. I guess I should be grateful for that but I was hoping for a free ride. Private D2 school. 

The last year was just difficult to say the least. If you get sent home to do classes on line for the entire school year why do you have to pay full price for school?  We had to fight to get dorm money and food money back. I told my son if he wanted to do SNHU or one of those other on line colleges for his degree that was fine by me. Really what's the difference if its all on line anyway?  The name of the school on the diploma is the only difference and most places want a degree and don't care what school you got it from. ( Unless you are going high end.. Lawyer, Doctor...)  Lets not get into the books either $150.00 for a stack of loose leaf paper with holes so you can put it in your own binder.

I feel your pain.

I go to Liberty Online.  It has been a great experience.  They have a wide variety of majors.  Might be worth looking there too.  One of the higher rated online schools.

Books are included.

And yes, I am learning things... even at 37 years old, a middle aged dog is learning new tricks.

9 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

MassArt was really good about refunding our money pretty quickly. Zero complaints there. That school isn't planning on having students on campus until next year, which would make it a year and a half that she was home learning online if she stays there. As an art student in a graphic design major that needs a lot of hands-on learning in studio environments, it's absolutely not ideal. That's one of the main reasons she's looking to transfer. 

Liberty has a graphic arts major too.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Here in the Washington DC area we have tons of both types.  The worst, to me, are the relatively well-to-do folks in their Mercedes or BMW "crossovers" who don't really understand that 4WD helps you GO in snow and ice, but they don't help you STOP.  I spent enough years at the snowiest university in the US, I understand driving gently in slippery conditions, but I prefer to stay at home and avoid the really bad drivers, the creepers and the daredevils.

Those hills in Houghton... brutal.  But, hardly ever any really bad accidents.  People are smart up there EH!

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

College costs are brutal. Our daughters (twins) both went to college, different schools about 27 years ago and for that time it was expensive but not like now. One of our daughters went to Australia for a year, U of Wollongong.
Fast forward to now and Gkids are going oldest at Villanova @ 70k plus with 3 more Gkids in pipeline. She got a great pkg and some scholarship awards but still too much, ridiculous expensive.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 7

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

I am having absolute sticker shock right now. My daughter is looking to transfer for next semester due to a number of concerns she has with her current college, and the schools she's heard back from with financial aid packages have me flabbergasted. They're offering absolute peanuts. I know - it's a first world problem. I get it 100%. But she's not even getting academic stuff in addition to small grants and loans. Her first choice is BU so she can stay in Boston, and sending her there would more than double what we're paying right now. She got her package offer late last night and they want a decision by Friday. Talk about a tight timeframe, and she still hasn't heard from other schools to see what she might get somewhere else.

Even worse is the fact that our son is 15 and as far as FAFSA is concerned, he doesn't exist. There will be a one year gap from when she graduates and he starts college. Wife and I are trying to see how we could make things work, but it's a long shot 😬

I know other families have the same feeling of "holy crap" when looking at college $$ but man - what a kick in the gut to see just how much some of this stuff costs. 

As someone who currently has two in college at the same time, I can relate. There is light at the end of the tunnel, though, as the oldest should be done after taking 1 class next summer and the youngest has some nice scholarships. It's going to be weird to get back to actually having some "disposable" income.

  • Like 7

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) Mitsubishi MMT 70X
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

College is definitely expensive and there is sticker shock when looking at the total cost.

What we found when my daughter was looking was to not overlook private schools because they offered more scholarship money than the public schools. Scholarships generally made the cost less than public colleges.

Need to do lots of homework for scholarships since many are offered by outside organizations.

  • Like 7

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, Bellum Winmore 787

 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

College is definitely expensive and there is sticker shock when looking at the total cost.

What we found when my daughter was looking was to not overlook private schools because they offered more scholarship money than the public schools. Scholarships generally made the cost less than public colleges.

Need to do lots of homework for scholarships since many are offered by outside organizations.

Your correct about doing your homework, there’s some serious scholarship dollars out there. Gdaughter picked up a couple nice scholarships which helps us out. Oldest Gdaughter offered free ride @ UCONN but Noooo off to Villanova. Can see her point, kinda.
There will be 4 Gkids in college at same time!


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 5

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

Those hills in Houghton... brutal.  But, hardly ever any really bad accidents.  People are smart up there EH!

I wasn't sure if anyone besides @GolfSpy MPR would get that reference.  Its maybe not so much smarts as simple survival.  200+ inches of snow will force you to learn pretty quickly.

  • Like 6

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Rickp said:


Your correct about doing your homework, there’s some serious scholarship dollars out there. Gdaughter picked up a couple nice scholarships which helps us out. Oldest Gdaughter offered free ride @ UCONN but Noooo off to Villanova. Can see her point, kinda.
There will be 4 Gkids in college at same time!


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

The big outside scholarship she has is technically only good for state schools. I've already been in contact with the financial aid office, who were very helpful and they recommended I talk with Admissions about her current scholarships and how they might be applied or if they might have an equivalent. The biggest issue right now is time - BU wants a decision and a non-refundable deposit by tomorrow, while every other school doesn't need a decision until early January on average. 

  • Like 5

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

My BIL's current issue is healing from a ruptured appendix.  He texted us on Tues evening he was headed to the hosp after a doc visit id'ed it as an appendix issue and not the suspected hernia.  He got there Tues night and spent all night waiting for the emergency surgery until 10am Wed when it burst as they opened him up.  Lots of cleanout to get all the goopy stuff (his description) and antibiotics and other stuff going on to make sure it drains.  Not sure what the surgery delay was related to but its a shame it got to the point it did.

Mine was leaking for over a week and half when I was younger I can relate to this. Sometimes they have to wait for surgeons who are not on call to come in because the on call surgeon has to deal with something a little more urgent.

 

 

I absolutely hated college when I went for a semester and a half. Spent 20g on that one year. I now make more as a firefighter paramedic than I would have with the job I was going to college for. I'll be making just about 70k in a two years, which for no degree is pretty freaking awesome. I'd love to see more people go to trade schools and get good jobs that route because those jobs are always needed.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

my take on higher education:

i went to school for a very long time. i have 3 degrees, and i’ve never once used them at all.  luckily, a full baseball scholarship saved my parents a ton of money for undergrad, but the rest was stupidly on me  

i wish i would’ve foregone college and chased entrepreneurship straight out of high school. i learn better and am far more focused when i teach myself things that i’m interested in, rather than signing up for a pre-approved course curriculum. and don’t get me started on the horrendous administrative side of colleges.  i went through hell trying to get credits transferred and course work accepted.

our plan for our kids (but then again, who knows what college is going to look like 18 years from now) is for them to cut their teeth at community college until they either decide what they want to do, or decide that they want to pursue a trade or their own business

i really feel for all the parents out there paying heavily for all the headaches that come with getting your kids a good education. @russtopherbi hope you  get it sorted out without too much financial or emotional hardship.  that 48 hour deadline from BU is absolute greed and it’s ridiculous.  now, more than ever, universities should be happy you’re even considering them with so many students taking time off, or just deciding to choose from the endless free choices available online.

ok, rant off. 

  • Like 9

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

  image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...