Got Problems?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dad passed away this morning. Yesterday morning he had a heart attack.  At the hospital the doc said he had congestive heart failure, fluid on lungs, low BP, low oxygen level, and kidneys failing.

Wanted to thank all for your thoughts and prayers these past weeks. My father passed peacefully early this morning. The picture is how I will choose to remember him. Sent from my SM-A102U using MyGol

Yea my grandmother passed away over the weekend from it. Have her funeral in a few days.

Posted Images

On 1/25/2021 at 8:33 AM, Chip Strokes said:

i don’t have the survey in hand yet, but the eyeball test tells me i can definitely hit a 7i off my back deck without any fear of hitting another house. 

driver might be out of the question though. there’s a road on the other side of the open space with houses on it. 

Seeing some of the numbers you've put on the forum, you might want to stick with wedge. You absolutely kill the ball. Congratulations on finding a place and I hope you have better folks living in the new area than the neighbor you have now. 

@Shankster, I've never heard of tarsal tunnel but after looking it up, I feel bad for you. I hope you can get it treated soon and get back to 100%. As someone who has dealt with ankle problems my entire life, I feel really bad for you. 

• Like 3
On 1/24/2021 at 6:58 PM, Chip Strokes said:

were on 4 acres, backed on to green space. it’s pretty rural haha. we’re 10 minutes from the center of Newtown

Great find and hope you enjoy it, though I am sitting here on the edge of the White Mountains thinking that sounds a bit too crowded 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

:SuperSpeed: Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

:cobra-small: Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:Hogan: Equalizer 52° (at 54°)/ 56° (at 58°) KBS Tour V 110 Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small:  Cleveland SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

:ping-small: Hoofer Bag

Right Handed

5 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Seeing some of the numbers you've put on the forum, you might want to stick with wedge. You absolutely kill the ball. Congratulations on finding a place and I hope you have better folks living in the new area than the neighbor you have now.  

haha thank you man. i’ll start with a wedge and work my way up. 

1 minute ago, ejgaudette said:

Great find and hope you enjoy it, though I am sitting here on the edge of the White Mountains thinking that sounds a bit too crowded 😂

coming from a 50x100 lot, 4 acres seems like all the land in the world. your setup has me a little jealous though, that sounds incredible. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

:taylormade-small: SIM2 8º | KuroKage XT 70TX
:taylormade-small: SIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX
:titelist-small: U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
:titelist-small: T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Futura 5w

Just now, Chip Strokes said:

haha thank you man. i’ll start with a wedge and work my way up. 

coming from a 50x100 lot, 4 acres seems like all the land in the world. your setup has me a little jealous though, that sounds incredible. 

It's good and bad, quiet with just woods behind me for miles, but it's a bit hilly and limited golf choices close by. There are some wonderful views though.

• Like 4

:cobra-small: Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

Right Handed

53 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

It's good and bad, quiet with just woods behind me for miles, but it's a bit hilly and limited golf choices close by. There are some wonderful views though.

Some of the best views around 

63072AE9-3178-4AF9-A3EF-C4D789A4DD4D.jpeg

4129C112-262A-4040-BEE1-D2C93530EBE6.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Some of the best views around 

63072AE9-3178-4AF9-A3EF-C4D789A4DD4D.jpeg

4129C112-262A-4040-BEE1-D2C93530EBE6.jpeg

Very nice for sure, Berkshires are beautiful country as well.

• Like 2

Right Handed

31 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Very nice for sure, Berkshires are beautiful country as well.

Beautiful. Played a course out there in the fall and it was just amazing

D23FBCD3-0DF4-4A4E-93C5-66114465331E.jpeg

0C8460FC-D158-4115-85FC-E8A8215C6F31.jpeg

• Like 4

Check out my reviews

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

I traveled to the most northwest corner of Mass for a cross country meet in college and came down this beautiful winding road it was great view.

• Like 2

Right Handed

15 hours ago, Shankster said:

I’ve heard of carpal tunnel...  but tarsal tunnel?  Man this is excruciating.

I've treated tarsal tunnel in the past. Dry needling or acupuncture has been effective. Speedy recovery

:titelist-small: TS3 Tensei Av Raw White 65s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White or King Cobra UT 18.5 with KBS C Taper

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-GW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM7 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex stiff

:odyssey-small:  Double Wide Stroke Lab 2019 with Super Stroke Tour 3.0

:Snell: MTB-X Golf Ball or Vice Pro Plus

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

Leupod Gx2i3 Rangefinder

15 hours ago, Lacassem said:

D23FBCD3-0DF4-4A4E-93C5-66114465331E.jpeg

0C8460FC-D158-4115-85FC-E8A8215C6F31.jpeg

I see you have the same stakes as we do along the cart path that people in carts can't help but run over. #sad

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I see you have the same stakes as we do along the cart path that people in carts can't help but run over. #sad

#Iwalk #itwasntme....

Its bad, one two many beverages for some I suppose lol. I don't know the cost but I am guessing those stakes are not the cheapest either.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Check out my reviews

WITB:

35 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

... One of the things that really p!sses me off is carts parked a couple feet off the path next to the tee box or green. Forget the selfish idiots that drive right next to the the box and green but I'm talking about the ones that are in good shape and just park just off the path killing the grass and often making a dirt spot. Just how lazy or selfish can they be to save themselves at best 2 steps when keeping the cart on the path saves a living, breathing thing that repays us with beauty and clean air? 

"In recent years progress seems to have been made in improving our air quality. But the levels of nitrogen oxide, sulfur dioxide and particulate matter in our atmosphere, primarily from the burning of carbon based fuels, are still a major concern. 

Plants absorb these gaseous pollutants into their leaves and break them down, thereby cleaning the air. An acre of flourishing growth will absorb hundreds of pounds of sulfur dioxide during a year. 

Grass also takes in carbon dioxide, hydrogen fluoride and peroxyacetyl nitrate ² the worst group of atmospheric pollutants.

Grasses in the United States also trap an estimated 12 million tons of dust and dirt released annually into the atmosphere.

This dust, dirt and even smoke are trapped in part by the grass leaves, where it is washed into the soil system by water condensed on the leaves and rainfall. Grassed areas significantly lower the levels of atmospheric dust and pollutants". 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max ... Diamana Limited 60R
Fairway:  Cobra SZ 14.5* ... Atmos Blue TS 7S
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
                 Mizuno T20 58* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

7 minutes ago, chisag said:

... One of the things that really p!sses me off is carts parked a couple feet off the path next to the tee box or green. Forget the selfish idiots that drive right next to the the box and green but I'm talking about the ones that are in good shape and just park just off the path killing the grass and often making a dirt spot. Just how lazy or selfish can they be to save themselves at best 2 steps when keeping the cart on the path saves a living, breathing thing that repays us with beauty and clean air? 

"In recent years progress seems to have been made in improving our air quality. But the levels of nitrogen oxide, sulfur dioxide and particulate matter in our atmosphere, primarily from the burning of carbon based fuels, are still a major concern. 

Plants absorb these gaseous pollutants into their leaves and break them down, thereby cleaning the air. An acre of flourishing growth will absorb hundreds of pounds of sulfur dioxide during a year. 

Grass also takes in carbon dioxide, hydrogen fluoride and peroxyacetyl nitrate ² the worst group of atmospheric pollutants.

Grasses in the United States also trap an estimated 12 million tons of dust and dirt released annually into the atmosphere.

This dust, dirt and even smoke are trapped in part by the grass leaves, where it is washed into the soil system by water condensed on the leaves and rainfall. Grassed areas significantly lower the levels of atmospheric dust and pollutants". 

Yes, and never mind the ability to help with water runoff/erosion. When those areas die because of the cart it accelerates the cart path breaking down because of the dirt runoff from rain.

image.png.70cf446c72b73b1562387c9be5e561cc.png

I am a firm believer in RIP-RAP along walkway edges, but golf courses could be tough because people dont care about the cart and would run it over anyway. RIP-RAP is a fantastic way to keep those edges clean though.

image.jpeg.11656baa5c010e39c7396797c4db1be3.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Check out my reviews

WITB:

24 minutes ago, chisag said:

One of the things that really p!sses me off is carts parked a couple feet off the path next to the tee box or green.

I see a lot of this in AZ.  Part of it is because they are moving more and more into the "dry periphery" (low water use) policy.  People see dead grass and immediately think "hey, it's dead anyway, I can save 6 steps".  They rope and/or sign the approaches to the greens, which keep most from doing this, but not so much around the tee's.  Not that they should have to do so, but it is really the only way to control the numbskulls.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

7 hours ago, chisag said:

Not that I disagree with you.... I don't. But, doesn't the same apply for carts in the fairway?

• Like 1

I think they should ban golf carts, let's just go back to walking. It's been the best decision I have made!

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max - 9*, Graphite Design Tour AD DI6 Stiff
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Diamana 75 Limited Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  4 - 6 T200,Titleist 7 - PW T100S, Nippon NS Pro 880 AMC Chrome Stiff
Wedges:  :titelist-small:Vokey SM 7 - 50*, 56*, 60*  Standard Wedge Shafts                                                                                                                                   

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5           
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 X

55 minutes ago, silver & black said:

Not that I disagree with you.... I don't. But, doesn't the same apply for carts in the fairway?

... I had a playing pard that was the head greenskeeper at a nice course. Fairways with tight cut grass are better designed than the rough for cart use. That surprised me. He preferred folks riding carts in the fairway and not the rough, certainly not around greens and tees. But you make a good point, they can't be very good for fairways either. 

• Like 3

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max ... Diamana Limited 60R
Fairway:  Cobra SZ 14.5* ... Atmos Blue TS 7S
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
                 Mizuno T20 58* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

A friend just lost both of her parents within days of each other. I am at a complete loss for words right now. Just devastating. 

I can’t even imagine how hard that must be. I’m very sorry to hear that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag