Got Problems?

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

My dad passed away this morning. Yesterday morning he had a heart attack.  At the hospital the doc said he had congestive heart failure, fluid on lungs, low BP, low oxygen level, and kidneys failing.  It was somewhat unexpected, but he has had problems for several years that got worse during COVID.  He had a stroke in 2014 at age 83, but during COVID, his assisted living facility was shutdown and we couldn't visit.  He was basically shut up in his apartment for 9 months; body and mind deteriorated.  He fell on Christmas morning, cracked his pelvis and two bones in his neck; spent 3 months in rehab.  We moved him 300 miles to a care facility here in Richland WA on March 19 so he was close to us.  

At age 90 he has had a very full and happy life.  An Army veteran of the Korean War, dad went back to college and graduated from Oregon State University with a BS in Horticulture in 1962, three years before I graduated from H.S.  He worked in hazelnut research until he retired from the USDA in 1987 and raised cows on his farm.  He and my mom, who passed away in 2017, traveled around the west in their RV having fun with the many friends they had met over the years.  He was a great dad and a great person, and I enjoyed my time with him as his son.  

I know the grief you are feeling at the moment and am very sorry for your loss Kenny.

• Like 3

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dad passed away this morning. Yesterday morning he had a heart attack.  At the hospital the doc said he had congestive heart failure, fluid on lungs, low BP, low oxygen level, and kidneys failing.

Wanted to thank all for your thoughts and prayers these past weeks. My father passed peacefully early this morning. The picture is how I will choose to remember him. Sent from my SM-A102U using MyGol

Yea my grandmother passed away over the weekend from it. Have her funeral in a few days.

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Kenny B said:

My dad passed away this morning. Yesterday morning he had a heart attack.  At the hospital the doc said he had congestive heart failure, fluid on lungs, low BP, low oxygen level, and kidneys failing.  It was somewhat unexpected, but he has had problems for several years that got worse during COVID.  He had a stroke in 2014 at age 83, but during COVID, his assisted living facility was shutdown and we couldn't visit.  He was basically shut up in his apartment for 9 months; body and mind deteriorated.  He fell on Christmas morning, cracked his pelvis and two bones in his neck; spent 3 months in rehab.  We moved him 300 miles to a care facility here in Richland WA on March 19 so he was close to us.  

At age 90 he has had a very full and happy life.  An Army veteran of the Korean War, dad went back to college and graduated from Oregon State University with a BS in Horticulture in 1962, three years before I graduated from H.S.  He worked in hazelnut research until he retired from the USDA in 1987 and raised cows on his farm.  He and my mom, who passed away in 2017, traveled around the west in their RV having fun with the many friends they had met over the years.  He was a great dad and a great person, and I enjoyed my time with him as his son.  

Awe, man, Kenny. So sorry for your loss. Thanks so much for writing a little bit about him and his accomplishments. He sounds like a great man, with a great wife, and with great kids. Nothing better for one to read than how proud one is to be a man’s son. God bless you and yours. So sorry.....

• Like 3

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Super Hybrid 17*, Aldila RIP Alpha 105 S, tipped 1”

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All clubs have :Arccos:  In the Winn Dri-Tac 2.0 Oversize grips

12 hours ago, Kenny B said:

So sad to hear this Kenny, tempered by the fact your dad lived a full and meaningful life. Enjoy the memories of him, sounds like he was a great dad.

• Like 3

:ping-small:  G400 SFT Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

16 hours ago, Kenny B said:

My Dad passed 10 years ago...lost a 2 year fight with cancer and died at just 60.  I know what you're going through, and I'm very very sorry for your loss.  I hope you can take some solace in that it sounds like he lived a very full and happy life.

• Like 2

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: SIM DHY 3 & 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER7B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

16 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Kenny - so sorry to hear. Looks like he had a full and long life. My deepest condolences.

Tony 

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

SWMBO hasn’t been feeling well for a while.  Finally got her to make an Doc appointment Tuesday and they took some tests and she has E.coli.  Don’t know how she got it.  She’s doing OK but serious medication.  
She hates going to Doc but it’s a good thing she listened to me this time.

• Sad 9

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

20 minutes ago, Rickp said:

SWMBO hasn’t been feeling well for a while.  Finally got her to make an Doc appointment Tuesday and they took some tests and she has E.coli.  Don’t know how she got it.  She’s doing OK but serious medication.  

hoping for a quick recovery.   Wives should definitely listen to husbands....occasionally. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

58 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I'm glad she listened to your advice and got checked out. I hope she gets better soon. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, cnosil said:

hoping for a quick recovery.   Wives should definitely listen to husbands....occasionally. 

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

she’s not a good patient.😱

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Yes... they should!!  I told my wife that I was wrong once, but after thinking about it... I was mistaken!!  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Yes... they should!!  I told my wife that I was wrong once, but after thinking about it... I was mistaken!!  🤣

So, you were wrong about being wrong....still wrong?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree set to +1, Aldila Extreme Green 55 gram R shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*) Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 3,4, & 5 -- stock R shafts.

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS and SW bent to 52 Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 56*  Stock shaft.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

On 5/5/2021 at 6:53 PM, Kenny B said:

Sorry for your loss @Kenny B

• Like 3

:mizuno-small: ST-Z w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0 60g

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 3W, 5W w/ Project X Velocity 6.0 53g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 4-PW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:callaway-small: MD4 52/56/60 W/ DG S200

:odyssey-small: White Hot RX #7

:titelist-small: Pro V1X

3 hours ago, CarlH said:

So, you were wrong about being wrong....still wrong?

Yup!  That's what my wife says... only always wrong!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Pulled into the garage yesterday and heard an unholy wailing coming from the house. I ran in to discover my daughter completely distraught - the hard drive containing all of her schoolwork had failed. She's in the middle of college finals. All of the design projects she's been working on were on that drive. I ended up rushing it up to Boston to a data recovery lab to see if they can pull her data off of it. If they can it will be costly, but she absolutely needs those files for her grades. Otherwise, 2 years worth of school work is gone. I don't even want to think about it. 

On 5/5/2021 at 7:53 PM, Kenny B said:

Kenny I'm so sorry to hear about your father's loss. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Big Bertha Mini (the :wilson_staff_small:  D7 is in time out)
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

49 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Pulled into the garage yesterday and heard an unholy wailing coming from the house. I ran in to discover my daughter completely distraught - the hard drive containing all of her schoolwork had failed. She's in the middle of college finals. All of the design projects she's been working on were on that drive. I ended up rushing it up to Boston to a data recovery lab to see if they can pull her data off of it. If they can it will be costly, but she absolutely needs those files for her grades. Otherwise, 2 years worth of school work is gone. I don't even want to think about it. 

I know it doesn’t help now, but this is why external backups are so important for things you cannot lose.  Hopefully this isn’t too costly of a learning experience.  

• Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I know it doesn’t help now, but this is why external backups are so important for things you cannot lose.  Hopefully this isn’t too costly of a learning experience.  

Very unfortunate. We have one drive auto back up but I still put all my files on a hard drive and update monthly. I dont know what I would do if I lost half the stuff I have on this computer!

55 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Kenny I'm so sorry to hear about your father's loss. 

Really sorry about this! Hope it can be recovered, silver lining guarantee she will never lose/not back up a file again.

• Like 3

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

5 minutes ago, cnosil said:

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

Very unfortunate. We have one drive auto back up but I still put all my files on a hard drive and update monthly. I dont know what I would do if I lost half the stuff I have on this computer!

Really sorry about this! Hope it can be recovered, silver lining guarantee she will never lose/not back up a file again.

It was an external drive, her school had recommended leaving all project files on the external so as to not bog down the laptops. Everything she does is very heavy on CPU and the display card so having the files on the external and the software running on the main drive with the OS was their recommendation. Just terrible, terrible luck. Fingers crossed we get a good call from the lab this morning... her professors were all understanding and most had already seen her in-progress work, but it's still going to impact final grades no matter what if she can't turn anything in. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Big Bertha Mini (the :wilson_staff_small:  D7 is in time out)
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

Just now, russtopherb said:

It was an external drive, her school had recommended leaving all project files on the external so as to not bog down the laptops. Everything she does is very heavy on CPU and the display card so having the files on the external and the software running on the main drive with the OS was their recommendation. Just terrible, terrible luck. Fingers crossed we get a good call from the lab this morning... her professors were all understanding and most had already seen her in-progress work, but it's still going to impact final grades no matter what if she can't turn anything in. 

Ah jease was external. Fingers crossed

• Like 2

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

42 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

It sounds like they will be understanding, hopefully they can get what she needs recovered with minimal re-work for her to do.

• Like 2

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

This isn't a problem, just a gripe.  My old man was crazy handy and mechanically inclined, but this apple fell far from that tree...he didn't put much of an emphasis on passing that type of stuff on to me, and I was too much a punk kid who didn't pay attention.

Fast forward to all grown up Getoffmylawn, and I decided I was going to save some cash, rely on YouTube, and do a four wheel brake job on the family Mommy-missile...a Toyota Sienna.  Took my time and did a thorough job (I thought), but the next day my wife reported a pop/clank from the front when backing up.  Jacked it back up and couldn't find a problem, but not wanting to take chances on the primary family vehicle, I tucked my tail between my legs and took it to a shop.  

After balancing rides and who goes where being down one vehicle for a day, they found the problem....caliper bolts were too loose, not torqued down enough.  Talk about embarrassing...

• Like 4

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: SIM DHY 3 & 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER7B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver