Jump to content

Got Problems?


ole gray

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

After reading about your daughters experience i immediately texted my kid to make sure her college work was backed up.  She said they have all their work on google drive per her schools direction.  Which I suppose means its backed up in the google cloud as well as makes the assignments accessible to the professors.  I have a couple external hard drives, one as a backup to the other but admittedly I am not very good at keeping them up to date.  We have 1,000s of pics on the drives that haven't been accessed since i put them there.  I wonder if we'll ever look at them.  

Smart thinking. My wife's students have all their work in Google Classroom (Drive) as well. Unfortunately in my daughter's case, we're talking huge Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign files that can't really be stored there or actively worked on in the cloud. Plus apparently when she was on campus, the external drive worked well because she could bring it to any lab and work on her files on one of the many giant Mac monitors they had. 

But the lesson is still the same - make sure your stuff is backed up!!! 

  • Like 6

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Big Bertha Mini (the :wilson_staff_small:  D7 is in time out)
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

But the lesson is still the same - make sure your stuff is backed up!!! 

Thanks for the reminder - just backed up my drive  - it's been several months since the last back-up. 

  • Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

After reading about your daughters experience i immediately texted my kid to make sure her college work was backed up.  She said they have all their work on google drive per her schools direction.  Which I suppose means its backed up in the google cloud as well as makes the assignments accessible to the professors.  I have a couple external hard drives, one as a backup to the other but admittedly I am not very good at keeping them up to date.  We have 1,000s of pics on the drives that haven't been accessed since i put them there.  I wonder if we'll ever look at them.  

Yea google drive is cool to use you can allow anyone to access it whether they have google or not.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Learning very quickly that I need to get back into some kind of regular activity. While I have lost weight during this quarantine, I have been very neglectful of working out and exercising. I felt like I was disappointing my fiance for not being super active up at our family camp after walking my first 18 hole round in nearly a year, carrying for the first time in 5 years with my new bag. I just felt like total dog poo with my legs, heck my calves still hurt a bit.

Just bummed me out because I feel like I bummed her out. Just gotta do more I guess.

  • Like 9

 :mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX119 18* Hybrid, Projext X Evenflow Blue, 6.0

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

🤮⛳   Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Learning very quickly that I need to get back into some kind of regular activity. While I have lost weight during this quarantine, I have been very neglectful of working out and exercising. I felt like I was disappointing my fiance for not being super active up at our family camp after walking my first 18 hole round in nearly a year, carrying for the first time in 5 years with my new bag. I just felt like total dog poo with my legs, heck my calves still hurt a bit.

Just bummed me out because I feel like I bummed her out. Just gotta do more I guess.

Were you doing stuff before quarantine? Just curious what previous activity was and if you can do something together maybe? My wife and I struggle to walk in the winter but summer get out often, gym is a no go for us at this point because we are not willing to pay for it but walking is enjoyable.

  • Like 5

Check out my reviews

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

 :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

Were you doing stuff before quarantine? Just curious what previous activity was and if you can do something together maybe? My wife and I struggle to walk in the winter but summer get out often, gym is a no go for us at this point because we are not willing to pay for it but walking is enjoyable.

Not really much, outside of regular weekly golf (pushcart style, and riding) and just generally being outside at times, walking downtown, going to festivals, etc. We are going to start gyming it up eventually once we move in soon, but it's just been a lot of nothing since working from home and staying safe became the norm.

  • Like 6

 :mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX119 18* Hybrid, Projext X Evenflow Blue, 6.0

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

🤮⛳   Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Berg Ryman said:

Not really much, outside of regular weekly golf (pushcart style, and riding) and just generally being outside at times, walking downtown, going to festivals, etc. We are going to start gyming it up eventually once we move in soon, but it's just been a lot of nothing since working from home and staying safe became the norm.

Yea its difficult man. Hopefully she understands, isnt easy literally being sedentary most of the day. When I work from home 1x per week I am not moving much. I force myself to get out and go swing or take a quick walk.

  • Like 3

Check out my reviews

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

 :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Lacassem said:

Yea its difficult man. Hopefully she understands, isnt easy literally being sedentary most of the day. When I work from home 1x per week I am not moving much. I force myself to get out and go swing or take a quick walk.

I'm sure she does, but it was so weird being 32 and just feeling like your body was totally betraying you in such an unexpected way. It just felt so unnatural for everything to make you want to throw in the towel after 9 holes and then plotting on only out of some misguided sense of self.

  • Like 6

 :mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX119 18* Hybrid, Projext X Evenflow Blue, 6.0

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

🤮⛳   Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

I'm sure she does, but it was so weird being 32 and just feeling like your body was totally betraying you in such an unexpected way. It just felt so unnatural for everything to make you want to throw in the towel after 9 holes and then plotting on only out of some misguided sense of self.

I hear ya man. Good luck and hope you can come up with a plan that works for you and makes you feel good.

  • Like 3

Check out my reviews

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

 :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/9/2021 at 3:11 PM, Shankster said:

Been working on an assignment for the past 6 weeks.  A proposal, rationale, and an outline all saying it was perfect.  Got some feedback this morning saying that I need to change up my entire delivery style... it’s due tomorrow.  Not one mention of it all term until today.  
 

come on man... 

more on this... I didn’t get the feedback for the assignment that I got a terrible grade on until after I had submitted the next one.  I am going to appeal it.  How can I change something if I had already submitted it due to the assignment timeline?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

I'm sure she does, but it was so weird being 32 and just feeling like your body was totally betraying you in such an unexpected way. It just felt so unnatural for everything to make you want to throw in the towel after 9 holes and then plotting on only out of some misguided sense of self.

Do it NOW!!  It harder later in life... believe me!

  • Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

Learning very quickly that I need to get back into some kind of regular activity. While I have lost weight during this quarantine, I have been very neglectful of working out and exercising. I felt like I was disappointing my fiance for not being super active up at our family camp after walking my first 18 hole round in nearly a year, carrying for the first time in 5 years with my new bag. I just felt like total dog poo with my legs, heck my calves still hurt a bit.

Just bummed me out because I feel like I bummed her out. Just gotta do more I guess.

start slowly and let yourself build momentum. you’d be surprised how much good a walk each morning and evening will do for you. 

i was a personal trainer for about 10 years in a previous life. if you have any questions or want some guidance, don’t hesitate to PM me.  

  • Like 7

:taylormade-small: SIM2 8º | KuroKage XT 70TX
:taylormade-small: SIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX
:titelist-small: U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
:titelist-small: T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Futura 5w

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

My employer is blocking internal transfers outside of my department. I feel like I am in somewhat of a dead end job. maybe its time to look elsewhere.

  • Sad 5

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :taylormade-small: Corza Ghost 35" ( Benched :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34") Soon to be testing TAIII Impact #2 Putter

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rbsiedsc said:

My employer is blocking internal transfers outside of my department. I feel like I am in somewhat of a dead end job. maybe its time to look elsewhere.

That is a good way to loose an employee.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

second Moderna shot yesterday has me feeling like:

image.gif.eabbd083c776856dd2f3a840a0cbbfb2.gif

chills, body aches, fever, headache, shaking....man i hit side effect bingo. 

  • Sad 6

:taylormade-small: SIM2 8º | KuroKage XT 70TX
:taylormade-small: SIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX
:titelist-small: U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
:titelist-small: T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Futura 5w

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

second Moderna shot yesterday has me feeling like:

image.gif.eabbd083c776856dd2f3a840a0cbbfb2.gif

chills, body aches, fever, headache, shaking....man i hit side effect bingo. 

That sucks. Hopefully they'll subside soon and you'll be back to normal. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

second Moderna shot yesterday has me feeling like:

image.gif.eabbd083c776856dd2f3a840a0cbbfb2.gif

chills, body aches, fever, headache, shaking....man i hit side effect bingo. 

That’s OK it’ll be good tomorrow.  It’s supposed to mean the juice is working.  I was also in horrible shape day after!

 

  • Like 2

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

second Moderna shot yesterday has me feeling like:

 

chills, body aches, fever, headache, shaking....man i hit side effect bingo. 

I think you are supposed to plan the timing of the shot so the effects happen during the work week, not a weekend!

  • Haha 6

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 18* & 23* Hybrids; Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged 3i;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

I think you are supposed to plan the timing of the shot so the effects happen during the work week, not a weekend!

Great point!!

  • Like 2

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

second Moderna shot yesterday has me feeling like:

image.gif.eabbd083c776856dd2f3a840a0cbbfb2.gif

chills, body aches, fever, headache, shaking....man i hit side effect bingo. 

The good news is that it won't last long. The better news is that recovery from the shot is a lot faster than recovery from covid. 

  • Like 4

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...