Got Problems?

ole gray

5 hours ago, ST3LTR0 said:

My wife's been in the hospital for 11 days (stage 4 cancer) pretty stressed out. 3 kids at home with grandma thankfully she could come help. May need to get on the course soon to relieve some stress got a lot of s*** on my mind hoping she gets better soon. Thanks for having a place to rant. 

Just went through this with family good luck with everything the guys here are great with sending prayers and wishing good luck with this stuff

• Like 9

On 9/19/2021 at 1:24 PM, ST3LTR0 said:

My wife's been in the hospital for 11 days (stage 4 cancer) pretty stressed out. 3 kids at home with grandma thankfully she could come help. May need to get on the course soon to relieve some stress got a lot of s*** on my mind hoping she gets better soon. Thanks for having a place to rant. 

Prayers up for your wife's healing and for all of you as well.

• Like 3

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w, Evenflow Riptide
:nike-small: Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

On 9/19/2021 at 10:24 AM, ST3LTR0 said:

Sad news!  I am so sorry for your family having to go through this.  Prayers going out to all of you!

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Well I made it 2 years… was holding out on buying $35,000 worth of rocks.  Last nights storm took 4’ of my yard.  Thank you wonderful neighbors for making my property erode faster than it would have if you’d have just left it alone… 😡

Pretty much won’t be able to do anything now besides look at some stupid rocks.

Home ownership sucks.

• Sad 4

6 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Home ownership sucks.

true. but at least it’s only a lifelong problem. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

On 9/19/2021 at 11:24 AM, ST3LTR0 said:

So very sorry to hear about your wife.  Thoughts and prayers to to her, you and your family during this challenging time. 🙏

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

4 hours ago, Shankster said:

Well I made it 2 years… was holding out on buying $35,000 worth of rocks.  Last nights storm took 4’ of my yard.  Thank you wonderful neighbors for making my property erode faster than it would have if you’d have just left it alone… 😡

Pretty much won’t be able to do anything now besides look at some stupid rocks.

Home ownership sucks.

... I hear ya. The day before I moved in to my first home (new construction) I played golf with a guy in his late 40's. He congratulated me on my new home and said I should go in the backyard, dig a deep hole and start throwing money in it because that is what is like to own your one home. I thought it was a pretty crappy comment to damper my excitement but not inaccurate. 😳

• Love 1
  • Haha 5

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 TaylorMade SIM2 Max 18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

On 9/19/2021 at 1:24 PM, ST3LTR0 said:

So sorry to hear. You are in our thoughts and prayers for not only her but you and family. 

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Everyone here is the best and I mean it. Thanks to everyone for the support.

• Like 9
  • Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 8° Accra FX2.0 250 M4
  • PXG 5 wood turned 4 wood hzrd black
  • PXG 3 Hybrid hzrd black
  • Taylormade 2019 P790's KBS Tour S 4-5
  • PXG 0211 ST 6-GW
  • Vokey 54/58° sm8 
  • Mizuno Mcraft 3

Need to do a little work vent... So as most you know I work as an Ice Technician for Curling Clubs/Events. I've been assigned to go to Kazakhstan in November for 2 weeks to do an event there. It is a long flight (even from Switzerland) and the visa process is tedious at best. However that is all well fine and good. 

I have been to this same venue and city before back in 2017 for another event. People are nice, food is good, but still a very different world from what most of us are use to. Which leads me to my vent/rant. Last event we had ALL brand new equipment for our ice making needs. This equipment was taken and as we were told put into storage... apparently this wasn't the case. We had a call the other day and they want all new equipment again... however we are a month out and ordering, shipping and customs it is likely impossible to get it into the country on time. On the call we were told to forget about the 2017 kit and will likely have to source a lot locally (not easy to do) or bring a lot in bags what we can. The sad part is this is not entirely unexpected and teams here are trying to qualify for worlds and olympics which is very important so a lot of pressure on making stellar conditions. 

In the end we will get the job done, but the stress is already mounting and there is little spoken english there(thankfully my deputy is Russian), but it will be an adventure however with a little extra care a lot of this could have all been avoided and managed a lot easier. 

Before anyone asks there was no way I thought I'd be going back there either... but again the food was good!

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

• Like 9

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Need to do a little work vent... So as most you know I work as an Ice Technician for Curling Clubs/Events. I've been assigned to go to Kazakhstan in November for 2 weeks to do an event there. It is a long flight (even from Switzerland) and the visa process is tedious at best. However that is all well fine and good. 

I have been to this same venue and city before back in 2017 for another event. People are nice, food is good, but still a very different world from what most of us are use to. Which leads me to my vent/rant. Last event we had ALL brand new equipment for our ice making needs. This equipment was taken and as we were told put into storage... apparently this wasn't the case. We had a call the other day and they want all new equipment again... however we are a month out and ordering, shipping and customs it is likely impossible to get it into the country on time. On the call we were told to forget about the 2017 kit and will likely have to source a lot locally (not easy to do) or bring a lot in bags what we can. The sad part is this is not entirely unexpected and teams here are trying to qualify for worlds and olympics which is very important so a lot of pressure on making stellar conditions. 

In the end we will get the job done, but the stress is already mounting and there is little spoken english there(thankfully my deputy is Russian), but it will be an adventure however with a little extra care a lot of this could have all been avoided and managed a lot easier. 

Before anyone asks there was no way I thought I'd be going back there either... but again the food was good!

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

Wow equipment so new and you have to get new stuff, WTH??

• Like 5

Just now, tommc23 said:

Wow equipment so new and you have to get new stuff, WTH??

Keep in mind Kaz has only been independent for the last 25 or so years so there is still corruption and well shady stuff. As I've been told much of it from the previous event is broken, stolen, lost or who else knows. I mean I had to use a garbage bin and sub pump to mix and spray the paint last time haha

I'm hoping to have a call and catalogue what is there and bring everything I can, but who knows. I will have 6 days (5 after TV takes a day for setup) from when I arrive to take it from a hockey arena to full curling arena with all the dressing and good stuff! It will be enough time, but bound to loose a day or two to stuff not being there, needing to build something or who knows what else. 
Screenshot 2021-09-24 20.10.45.png

I should say although this is a rant/vent these experiences are incredibly unique and provide funny stories, new friends and travel to incredible places. However in a normal event I'll do 12-14 days at 12-14 hours a day and this will be closer to 14 days at 16-20 hour days... just needing to mentally prepare for it and appreciate all those listening to me vent away.

• Like 7

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Keep in mind Kaz has only been independent for the last 25 or so years so there is still corruption and well shady stuff. As I've been told much of it from the previous event is broken, stolen, lost or who else knows. I mean I had to use a garbage bin and sub pump to mix and spray the paint last time haha

I'm hoping to have a call and catalogue what is there and bring everything I can, but who knows. I will have 6 days (5 after TV takes a day for setup) from when I arrive to take it from a hockey arena to full curling arena with all the dressing and good stuff! It will be enough time, but bound to loose a day or two to stuff not being there, needing to build something or who knows what else. 
Screenshot 2021-09-24 20.10.45.png

I should say although this is a rant/vent these experiences are incredibly unique and provide funny stories, new friends and travel to incredible places. However in a normal event I'll do 12-14 days at 12-14 hours a day and this will be closer to 14 days at 16-20 hour days... just needing to mentally prepare for it and appreciate all those listening to me vent away.

I will say I’m not surprised things were stolen at all

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

Good luck. Was there a reason why you couldn’t have brought the tools back with you before? Was it because they bought it and therefore “kept it on site” in Kazakhstan 

• Like 2

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Not really a problem, but a frustrating morning today. Last night I received a request from our automation manager in Florida if I could be at a client site this morning to act as a second set of eyes and oversee the operation of a piece of equipment that has been giving the client some trouble recently. This kind of thing is normal in my job so no big deal. I have some reports to work on but not terribly busy. I arrive at the client site early because of the time difference I can be in touch with Florida if there are issues.

Turns out, the client site is not even running the equipment at the moment due to an issue with a piece of equipment on their side that is needed to supply it. Would have been nice if they had communicated to me that the issue was going to prevent them from using the equipment and given me at least an estimate when my equipment was going to be up and running so I could do something useful with my time. 

• Sad 2

Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL
3 Wood: Snake Eyes Viper Tour
Hybrids: Snake Eyes Viper Tour 18 and 24 deg
Irons: Srixon I-701 5-PW
Wedges: Callaway X-Forged 50, 54, and 58 deg
Putter: Yes! Marilyn

36 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Good luck. Was there a reason why you couldn’t have brought the tools back with you before? Was it because they bought it and therefore “kept it on site” in Kazakhstan 

The box for equipment for the event is 10 by 6 by 4 (feet) and that didn't include the painting equipment, scraping machines and blades so it is quite a lot and probably 50k US worth of gear.  Just too much, normally places rent equipment from us (world curling federation) but they wanted to buy it. Apparently the stones are okay though! Because that's another 80k of "equipment" haha 

• Sad 3

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

On 9/23/2021 at 11:01 PM, chisag said:

... I hear ya. The day before I moved in to my first home (new construction) I played golf with a guy in his late 40's. He congratulated me on my new home and said I should go in the backyard, dig a deep hole and start throwing money in it because that is what is like to own your one home. I thought it was a pretty crappy comment to damper my excitement but not inaccurate. 😳

At least it's your hole in the ground 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w, Evenflow Riptide
:nike-small: Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2