Jump to content

Got Problems?


ole gray

Recommended Posts

On 6/16/2022 at 9:17 PM, tommc23 said:

Some dickbag got my card info earlier in the week and I had to cancel my debit card. Got my new one in just waiting for them to refund my 400 bucks they got from me. I wish I could find the guy who did it so I could make him never want to do it again. $400 is nothing I’ve had it worse in the past when I had nearly 2 grand taken by a WOW player. If they let the red necks at em they wouldn’t do it again it would be like casino only the redneck way

Last year. I apparently went out to dinner somewhere in Iraq.  $165 tab.  Don’t remember a thing, and as far as I know, I have never left North America.  Must have been some really good drugs…

  • Haha 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I don't know where to start. But trying to get home from Kansas City on DELTA Airlines was and still continues to be a nightmare.

1) 4pm flight on Friday canceled when I got to the airport.

2) Next available flight Saturday 5:30 pm. Flight came in delayed.

3) Got on the flight, checked the track my bags section of the app and my bags were not loaded. Could have just been a glitch right? After all it was sky priority tagged.

4) Flight got into Chicago on time but then had to wait before the plane could pull into a gate.

5) Got off the plane and had 4 minutes before they closed the door of my flight to TN.

6) I actually had to run, not walk fast, run 20 gates. Got on with seconds to spare, last one on the plane.

7) I find someone sitting in my seat with the same seat number on their ticket. WTF. Got the flight attendants to straighten out everything. They had to shuffle people around. But finially on my way. 

😎 why does the number eight turn into a dam smiley face. I'm not smiling. Got into TN at midnight only to find no luggage. Most importantly no golf clubs. Needless to say I've been pissed for 7 hours straight at this point.

9) Go to baggage claim and they said one was on the plane. Here it comes. Oh great just my suitcase with dirty laundry.

10) Filed a claim and they said it was in route to Seattle, then to Atlanta, then to TN. So my scheduled round of golf this morning with other Dads for Fathers Day, I was a no show.

11) Got a call from Delta this morning and said someone tagged the clubs as Mr Johnsons. Who the heck is he. I got several tags on the Club Glove with my name on it, sky priority tags and such.

12) Just got a notice that the driver was on his way to bring my clubs to my house. Should be here in two hours. Let's hope they are mine! There will be hell to pay if they aren't.

Missed my birthday with the family, almost gave myself a heart attack running 20 gates. Had a screaming baby behind me from Detroit to Knoxville. Then had 1-1/2 hour drive home. Wake up to find out my son got food poisioning and didn't mow the lawn. Just spent 3 hours on fathers day mowing.

PLEASE BE THE CORRECT CLUBS! 

I'm sorry to hear you've been through the ringer trying to get back home. With all that happened, I'm glad you made it back in one piece. I hope your son gets to feeling better soon, food poisoning ain't no joke. I also hope your clubs arrive safely, at least that would be one good thing to come out of that mess. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I don't know where to start. But trying to get home from Kansas City on DELTA Airlines was and still continues to be a nightmare.

1) 4pm flight on Friday canceled when I got to the airport.

2) Next available flight Saturday 5:30 pm. Flight came in delayed.

3) Got on the flight, checked the track my bags section of the app and my bags were not loaded. Could have just been a glitch right? After all it was sky priority tagged.

4) Flight got into Chicago on time but then had to wait before the plane could pull into a gate.

5) Got off the plane and had 4 minutes before they closed the door of my flight to TN.

6) I actually had to run, not walk fast, run 20 gates. Got on with seconds to spare, last one on the plane.

7) I find someone sitting in my seat with the same seat number on their ticket. WTF. Got the flight attendants to straighten out everything. They had to shuffle people around. But finially on my way. 

😎 why does the number eight turn into a dam smiley face. I'm not smiling. Got into TN at midnight only to find no luggage. Most importantly no golf clubs. Needless to say I've been pissed for 7 hours straight at this point.

9) Go to baggage claim and they said one was on the plane. Here it comes. Oh great just my suitcase with dirty laundry.

10) Filed a claim and they said it was in route to Seattle, then to Atlanta, then to TN. So my scheduled round of golf this morning with other Dads for Fathers Day, I was a no show.

11) Got a call from Delta this morning and said someone tagged the clubs as Mr Johnsons. Who the heck is he. I got several tags on the Club Glove with my name on it, sky priority tags and such.

12) Just got a notice that the driver was on his way to bring my clubs to my house. Should be here in two hours. Let's hope they are mine! There will be hell to pay if they aren't.

Missed my birthday with the family, almost gave myself a heart attack running 20 gates. Had a screaming baby behind me from Detroit to Knoxville. Then had 1-1/2 hour drive home. Wake up to find out my son got food poisioning and didn't mow the lawn. Just spent 3 hours on fathers day mowing.

PLEASE BE THE CORRECT CLUBS! 

I hope they are the right clubs for your sake sorry crap is a mess on ya

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Wonderful, the clubs were just delivered. They are the correct clubs and nothing is damaged. They live to play another day. 

Glad to hear they made it home safe and sound. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I don't know where to start. But trying to get home from Kansas City on DELTA Airlines was and still continues to be a nightmare.

1) 4pm flight on Friday canceled when I got to the airport.

2) Next available flight Saturday 5:30 pm. Flight came in delayed.

3) Got on the flight, checked the track my bags section of the app and my bags were not loaded. Could have just been a glitch right? After all it was sky priority tagged.

4) Flight got into Chicago on time but then had to wait before the plane could pull into a gate.

5) Got off the plane and had 4 minutes before they closed the door of my flight to TN.

6) I actually had to run, not walk fast, run 20 gates. Got on with seconds to spare, last one on the plane.

7) I find someone sitting in my seat with the same seat number on their ticket. WTF. Got the flight attendants to straighten out everything. They had to shuffle people around. But finially on my way. 

😎 why does the number eight turn into a dam smiley face. I'm not smiling. Got into TN at midnight only to find no luggage. Most importantly no golf clubs. Needless to say I've been pissed for 7 hours straight at this point.

9) Go to baggage claim and they said one was on the plane. Here it comes. Oh great just my suitcase with dirty laundry.

10) Filed a claim and they said it was in route to Seattle, then to Atlanta, then to TN. So my scheduled round of golf this morning with other Dads for Fathers Day, I was a no show.

11) Got a call from Delta this morning and said someone tagged the clubs as Mr Johnsons. Who the heck is he. I got several tags on the Club Glove with my name on it, sky priority tags and such.

12) Just got a notice that the driver was on his way to bring my clubs to my house. Should be here in two hours. Let's hope they are mine! There will be hell to pay if they aren't.

Missed my birthday with the family, almost gave myself a heart attack running 20 gates. Had a screaming baby behind me from Detroit to Knoxville. Then had 1-1/2 hour drive home. Wake up to find out my son got food poisioning and didn't mow the lawn. Just spent 3 hours on fathers day mowing.

PLEASE BE THE CORRECT CLUBS! 

Glad you finally got your clubs, but sad that your Father's Day wasn't what you had hoped.

A few years ago on our annual trip to somewhere warm in January (Phoenix that time), I went to Delta baggage claim to pick up luggage and clubs; wife's clubs... then "mine" in Club Glove cover.  We walked to the rental car bus stop and while waiting at the stop, I noticed someone else's name on the bag.  Hoofed it back to Delta baggage claim.  Apparently, that someone grabbed my bag.  Delta called the cell phone of the owner (who was at his hotel); he drove to the airport and returned my bag and got his, but I wasted 2 hours at the airport when we could have played that afternoon.

I thought about checking if his clubs were better than mine, but I also had clothes in my bag that I needed.  

  • Like 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had to have a tooth pulled yesterday. I had an abscess on a tooth that already had a root canal & crown, so I didn't see the point in going back through a reconstruction of that, probably not much tooth left to save anyways. Plus it was a 3 week wait and quite a bit more money to redo the root canal than to just have it pulled. I'm a bit sore and swollen today but feeling better and the pain is no where near what it was the last few days. Unfortunately I was also told to take the next 3 days off activity which means I also had to turn down an invite from @RollingGreens to play at his club on Saturday morning. Always stinks missing an opportunity to play a really nice course. Hopefully I'm feeling ok and I can give it a go on Sunday afternoon.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 4

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: Titleist 714CB 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey SM5 & SM6 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

I had to have a tooth pulled yesterday. I had an abscess on a tooth that already had a root canal & crown, so I didn't see the point in going back through a reconstruction of that, probably not much tooth left to save anyways. Plus it was a 3 week wait and quite a bit more money to redo the root canal than to just have it pulled. I'm a bit sore and swollen today but feeling better and the pain is no where near what it was the last few days. Unfortunately I was also told to take the next 3 days off activity which means I also had to turn down an invite from @RollingGreens to play at his club on Saturday morning. Always stinks missing an opportunity to play a really nice course. Hopefully I'm feeling ok and I can give it a go on Sunday afternoon.

At least you’ll look more like a hockey player now 😂😂😂. Oh wait this is a girl forum not hockey forum. Always look on the bright side 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Haven’t really shared here but my younger sister has been fighting cancer and we got a phone call a couple days ago…she’s going to lose the fight.  She’s now in hospice, weeks maybe months left.  34 years old.

Not about me at all but this already a stressful time; we’re mid-move and won’t have keys to our new place until 23 July…our stuff is in storage and we’re in and out of hotels in the interim.  Can’t really get a workout in, golf rounds are few and far between, no speed training…my options to deal with the stress are limited.

We are actually in Cape Cod right now for a couple beach days; should be a nice distraction.

I'm very sorry to hear about your sister, cancer is a horrible disease. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Haven’t really shared here but my younger sister has been fighting cancer and we got a phone call a couple days ago…she’s going to lose the fight.  She’s now in hospice, weeks maybe months left.  34 years old.

Not about me at all but this already a stressful time; we’re mid-move and won’t have keys to our new place until 23 July…our stuff is in storage and we’re in and out of hotels in the interim.  Can’t really get a workout in, golf rounds are few and far between, no speed training…my options to deal with the stress are limited.

We are actually in Cape Cod right now for a couple beach days; should be a nice distraction.

Cancer SUCKS no two ways about it. Keep up the good fight and don't let this period of time define what made your sister special.  Take care and remember your spy family has your six. Peace.

  • Like 4

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Haven’t really shared here but my younger sister has been fighting cancer and we got a phone call a couple days ago…she’s going to lose the fight.  She’s now in hospice, weeks maybe months left.  34 years old.

Not about me at all but this already a stressful time; we’re mid-move and won’t have keys to our new place until 23 July…our stuff is in storage and we’re in and out of hotels in the interim.  Can’t really get a workout in, golf rounds are few and far between, no speed training…my options to deal with the stress are limited.

We are actually in Cape Cod right now for a couple beach days; should be a nice distraction.

Sorry to hear.  Hopefully you find some solace on the Cape.  I always enjoyed that area when I used to go as a kid.  Here if you need us.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Haven’t really shared here but my younger sister has been fighting cancer and we got a phone call a couple days ago…she’s going to lose the fight.  She’s now in hospice, weeks maybe months left.  34 years old.

Not about me at all but this already a stressful time; we’re mid-move and won’t have keys to our new place until 23 July…our stuff is in storage and we’re in and out of hotels in the interim.  Can’t really get a workout in, golf rounds are few and far between, no speed training…my options to deal with the stress are limited.

We are actually in Cape Cod right now for a couple beach days; should be a nice distraction.

Sorry to hear this. I know how hard it is.... I've been through it too many times. There is nothing to be said to make it better or easier. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, silver & black said:

Sorry to hear this. I know how hard it is.... I've been through it too many times. There is nothing to be said to make it better or easier. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

This also goes for me.....................................reach out here if you ever have the need to do so.

  • Like 2

Driver & Fairway: Titleist TSi3 10 degree  - Ventus Black 5S & TS3 15 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 

Hybrid: Titleist 818H2 - Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 Forged - Nippon Modus 120

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54, and 60

Putter: Cameron Phantom  X 5

Ball: Pro V1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Haven’t really shared here but my younger sister has been fighting cancer and we got a phone call a couple days ago…she’s going to lose the fight.  She’s now in hospice, weeks maybe months left.  34 years old.

Not about me at all but this already a stressful time; we’re mid-move and won’t have keys to our new place until 23 July…our stuff is in storage and we’re in and out of hotels in the interim.  Can’t really get a workout in, golf rounds are few and far between, no speed training…my options to deal with the stress are limited.

We are actually in Cape Cod right now for a couple beach days; should be a nice distraction.

So sorry to hear about this. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. 

  • Like 3

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi1 10* Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Haven’t really shared here but my younger sister has been fighting cancer and we got a phone call a couple days ago…she’s going to lose the fight.  She’s now in hospice, weeks maybe months left.  34 years old.

Not about me at all but this already a stressful time; we’re mid-move and won’t have keys to our new place until 23 July…our stuff is in storage and we’re in and out of hotels in the interim.  Can’t really get a workout in, golf rounds are few and far between, no speed training…my options to deal with the stress are limited.

We are actually in Cape Cod right now for a couple beach days; should be a nice distraction.

I went through the same thing last year although my sister was older than me. 39 was when we lost her last year. If you need anything let me know I am all too familiar with this feeling as I did it last year hospice and everything.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's been kind of a trying week here. Our cat Mr. Socksie ran up the stairs, let out a yowl, and it appeared he hurt his lower back. He was up and at it soon, but he did it again jumping up on a table. 

20201215_185927-01.jpeg.2a44b9379293e5587e6273cc153e9c9b.jpeg

We took him to the vet and they didn't say much except they guessed he might be anemic. The next day he was worse, not eating like usual, and it was back to the vet for an overnight stay. 

They finally determined he has congestive heart failure and a heart murmur. We brought him home and still wasn't doing better, so yesterday I had to take him back for what we thought might be the last time. We were devastated, especially my wife because she's his person and she rescued him as a kitten fourteen years ago. 

I took him in and the doctor immediately realized he was low on electrolytes. He prescribed potassium, gave us food that we can give him through a syringe ( he doesn't have much of an appetite and hasn't ate in four days), and gave us medicine to clear fluid out of his lungs. 

He's doing better, we're still feeding him through the syringe but he's standing better and seems to be less exhausted than he was. We've got to take him back to get a scan of his heart and determine what treatment he needs. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

It's been kind of a trying week here. Our cat Mr. Socksie ran up the stairs, let out a yowl, and it appeared he hurt his lower back. He was up and at it soon, but he did it again jumping up on a table. 

20201215_185927-01.jpeg.2a44b9379293e5587e6273cc153e9c9b.jpeg

We took him to the vet and they didn't say much except they guessed he might be anemic. The next day he was worse, not eating like usual, and it was back to the vet for an overnight stay. 

They finally determined he has congestive heart failure and a heart murmur. We brought him home and still wasn't doing better, so yesterday I had to take him back for what we thought might be the last time. We were devastated, especially my wife because she's his person and she rescued him as a kitten fourteen years ago. 

I took him in and the doctor immediately realized he was low on electrolytes. He prescribed potassium, gave us food that we can give him through a syringe ( he doesn't have much of an appetite and hasn't ate in four days), and gave us medicine to clear fluid out of his lungs. 

He's doing better, we're still feeding him through the syringe but he's standing better and seems to be less exhausted than he was. We've got to take him back to get a scan of his heart and determine what treatment he needs. 

Hope they find the problem and pull him thru this.

  • Like 3

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...