ole gray

Got Problems?

Ticks.

Found one on me this morning .. got a same-day app't to see the doc this afternoon .. with my little creepy crawler friend, too, so they can check it out.

May have picked it up yesterday when I was playing 9; had two bad shots (in particular, out of many bad shots) with the ball on the edge of the first rough and up against taller fescue, so I was leaning against that for those two 'rescue' shots .. .. and that is a typical spot for ticks to be hanging out waiting for something to brush against them.

Maybe it was on my pants or socks and dropped off when I took those off, and then the little bugger found me a second time, I guess.....

• Like 1

Ticks.

Found one on me this morning .. got a same-day app't to see the doc this afternoon .. with my little creepy crawler friend, too, so they can check it out.

May have picked it up yesterday when I was playing 9; had two bad shots (in particular, out of many bad shots) with the ball on the edge of the first rough and up against taller fescue, so I was leaning against that for those two 'rescue' shots .. .. and that is a typical spot for ticks to be hanging out waiting for something to brush against them.

Maybe it was on my pants or socks and dropped off when I took those off, and then the little bugger found me a second time, I guess.....

Hate those things. Pretty sure it was the cause of the bells palsy that my aunt experienced. I guess we'll all have to be a bit more vigilant, or stop hitting into the cr@p and keep it in the fairway, lol. Hope it works out OK for you.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

Ticks.

Whoa!  That stinks... good to hear that you found it.  I hear the northeast/mid-atlantic is supposed to be BAD this year.

Picked one up a few years ago on Nantucket and ended up with the standard "bullseye" where he burrowed in.  NOT FUN.

• Like 1

Stink bombs set off in metro cars in the DC subway. Really?! On one of the first hottest days of the year no less...

MDGolfHacker

Bad gas!! Car does not like it! I can hear the detonation!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Back in business!

Still need to invest in a French Press!

- Alan

• Like 1

Ticks.

I hate them little punks!! We live in tick central UP here!

- Alan

• Like 1

Ticks.

I contracted Lyme Disease in 2012.  Easily the worst experience of my life.  If I could offer advice to anyone, shower immediately after every round of golf, yard work, hiking or any other outdoor activity where ticks are common. 

I am still learning to deal with the lifelong residual effects.  It sucks!

• Like 3

Wow, touched a bit of a nerve mentioning ticks! Almost as bad as talking about the "sh@..s", ooops, i mean the "Alans".... ;-)

So thanks! to..

@mdgolfhacker

@strokerace

@shankster

@sixcat

..for the concern - went to the doc who said "most likely" (always have to hedge your bets) as it turns out I got lucky, I saw the thing and got it out before it had a chance to infect me ...... Whew!!!

• Like 3

I contracted Lyme Disease in 2012. Easily the worst experience of my life. If I could offer advice to anyone, shower immediately after every round of golf, yard work, hiking or any other outdoor activity where ticks are common.

I am still learning to deal with the lifelong residual effects. It sucks!

Oh yeah - have heard plenty of *BAD* stories about the pain and discomfort and all the other crap that goes with that..... Bad bad bad bad bad shyte..... Sorry man!!

Yesterday, I played in a outing with one of my senior groups.   Living in Annapolis, I typically take Route 50 to get home.   Unfortunately, there was a serious accident on Route 50 which was closed at one point to let the Shock Trauma copter land.  What is normally at the most a 15 to 20 minute ride to get home took me 3 hours yesterday.   While I understand that accidents happen and impacts traffic, it was the manner in which many people reacted or handled the back up.   It was amazing how many would leave the traffic lane onto a turning lane to get several cars ahead and then force themselves back into the traffic lane.   Such tactics did nothing but slow everyone else down.  

Yesterday, I played in a outing with one of my senior groups. Living in Annapolis, I typically take Route 50 to get home. Unfortunately, there was a serious accident on Route 50 which was closed at one point to let the Shock Trauma copter land. What is normally at the most a 15 to 20 minute ride to get home took me 3 hours yesterday. While I understand that accidents happen and impacts traffic, it was the manner in which many people reacted or handled the back up. It was amazing how many would leave the traffic lane onto a turning lane to get several cars ahead and then force themselves back into the traffic lane. Such tactics did nothing but slow everyone else down.

Yeah, that was a mess. Sadly, the 22yr old and 56yr old died.. One at the scene and the other a few hours ago. Hopefully the 14mo will survive. Needless death.

MDGolfHacker

Yeah, that was a mess. Sadly, the 22yr old and 56yr old died.. One at the scene and the other a few hours ago. Hopefully the 14mo will survive. Needless death.

MDGolfHacker

Yes, unfortunately, I heard there were some fatalities, always hate to hear that.  The wife told me that the "go team" was sent to the accident site.   It appears that the young woman somehow was traveling west in the east bound lanes and hit someone head on.   For the life of me, I cannot figure out how see got into the east bound lanes.

There is a road called the Frontage road that is basically a service road for some gas and convenience stores and it is only accessible directly from the east bound lanes.  If she left one of those stores and turn left she would enter the east bound lanes.   But that exit to the service road was not where the accident occurred.

This is "unofficial" and perhaps it will come out publicly later.

But apparently it was suicide by car.

I won't get into my thoughts on suicide as its a very emotional topic.

But I will say WTF do you have to do it in a manor that harms and kills innocent people that are just trying to get home to their families.

I was steamed about this all day.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

But I will say WTF do you have to do it in a manor that harms and kills innocent people that are just trying to get home to their families.

Wow, thats awful  :angry:

I didn't hear about this part. So sad.

MDGolfHacker

Went out early this morning on one of my favorite courses, The Fortress in Frankenmuth, MI. It was about 35 degrees, misting the entire day, and extremely windy. Grinded a 37 with 8 pars on the front (3 putt bogey). Then go out on the back and shoot 43! The worst part is, even in that bad of conditions, all my strokes I gave back were mishaps around or on the greens. I had 0 penalties, but 3 putts killed me. Gotta keep grindin!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2