Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Roads in Jackson, MS, as I pulled out of the parking garage attachicon.gifIMG_1842.JPG

Does Jackson, MS even have Salt trucks. I'm not being a smart a$$. I wonder if it's something they ever have to plan for.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Does Jackson, MS even have Salt trucks. I'm not being a smart a$$. I wonder if it's something they ever have to plan for.

No, they don't. No one down here has them. The best they can do is put out gravel, which was on all of the bridges and overpasses.

Northerners make fun of the South when it snows, but if we didn't have salt trucks back home in Michigan, it would be the same up there when it snows. I'm glad I grew-up up there as I know what to do on ice and snow, but NO ONE drives well on ice!

RANT  RANT  RANT

We had 6 inches of snow on the ground last weekend from the last snow storm.

We got 6 more inches of snow this past weekend.

I shoveled the driveway Monday morning.

It snowed 3 more inches Monday night.

I shoveled the driveway this morning.

My wife and I went to her business this morning.  I shoveled her customer parking.

It's snowing again, so far 2 inches at noon.  Snowing until 7pm tonight.

It's 26* with a 25mph wind.

It hasn't been above freezing since last year.

It's going to be -4* tomorrow morning.

RANT  RANT  RANT

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

RANT  RANT  RANT

My wife and I went to her business this morning.  I shoveled her customer parking.

RANT  RANT  RANT

It's been below 15* for the better part of 2 weeks, here.  We got 8" of snow over the weekend that has all but turned to a sheet of 8" thick ice.  

I hate snow and cold weather.  I'm trying to convince my wife to move to a warmer climate.

It's been below 15* for the better part of 2 weeks, here.  We got 8" of snow over the weekend that has all but turned to a sheet of 8" thick ice.  

I hate snow and cold weather.  I'm trying to convince my wife to move to a warmer climate.

Good luck!  I'm retired, my wife is still working.  Owns her own business, so until she sells it, we aren't going anywhere.  Well, except to Phoenix in 3 weeks for a golf trip!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

RANT  RANT  RANT

RANT  RANT  RANT

I couldn't hang with all that ice & snow.....   Hell three days of the cold low temps we just had is waaaaay  too much.   Cold and my old arse don't get along at all.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

My teacher made the Top 100 list again! He's such a great guy, great teacher, and one of the most affordable on the list!

I couldn't hang with all that ice & snow.....   Hell three days of the cold low temps we just had is waaaaay  too much.   Cold and my old arse don't get along at all.

I don't get along with it either; each year it seems worse.  Old age!

I drove home late this afternoon and my wife had her Mercedes stuck in the snow between the street and our driveway, courtesy of the snowplow that made one pass down the middle of the street.  I shoveled the driveway one more time today; pushed her car back into the street; shoveled the wall of snow before she could pull her car into the garage.  My truck had no problem.

Views from the Starter Shack:

A majority of the guys playing today are using clubs over 10 years old. I notice that most are playing brands I have never heard of

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

A majority of the guys playing today are using clubs over 10 years old. I notice that most are playing brands I have never heard of

I did a few very unofficial CG2 Bag survey's during some of our larger outings this past year.  I was kinda surprised to see how many older sets were in play, I'm talking oder meaning 5 years or more, in some cases 15 or 20 years....No i don't think Big Stu played in any of our outings  :D --most were name brands but usually the big 4  PING, Titleist, Callaway and Taylormade.   I was speciically looking for Bridgestone, Srixon and Wilson (for another specific reason) and found nary a set.   Did see a few Mizuno's and several Cobra's (mostly the older Cobra, but a few of the later ones.

I want to say most golfers don't really change their sets out. Then there are golfer enthusiasts like us that follow hardware and tend to change out more often to eek every bit of performance and technology out of our sticks. Look at the pros on tour. Some of them still use putters and fww's that are older because they get enough distance and control with them. I don't think pros would change out their equipment as much if manufacturers didn't pay them to do so. I still have 6 year old irons in the bag (but not by choice, lol).

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

The guys that make up my usual foursome are all older than me by about 4-5 years, but I am not the longest hitter in the group.  We are all about the same handicap which makes the round fun.  One of the guys (the longest hitter) bought new Cobra driver and fairway woods a little over a year ago.  In an attempt to keep up, one of the other guys bought the same driver last spring.  After using it for a couple of months, he went back to his TaylorMade R7.  He hit the Cobra a few yards further, but was more inconsistent with it.  He would keep bringing out the Cobra every once in awhile, and I would love to see it in his bag!!!

I want to say most golfers don't really change their sets out. Then there are golfer enthusiasts like us that follow hardware and tend to change out more often to eek every bit of performance and technology out of our sticks. Look at the pros on tour. Some of them still use putters and fww's that are older because they get enough distance and control with them. I don't think pros would change out their equipment as much if manufacturers didn't pay them to do so. I still have 6 year old irons in the bag (but not by choice, lol).

MDGolfHacker

This exactly. Internet forum golfers are not the average golfer and make up a minority of the golfing public

This exactly. Internet forum golfers are not the average golfer and make up a minority of the golfing public

So I'm a 1 percenter

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I play with some older golfers at Baba Zaharias GC on Tuesdays. One 82 yr old said he just bought a new driver, a Cobra S3. Only paid $62 for it new. The driver he replaced was a Cobra SS350......Wow!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

;) 

I play with some older golfers at Baba Zaharias GC on Tuesdays. One 82 yr old said he just bought a new driver, a Cobra S3. Only paid $62 for it new. The driver he replaced was a Cobra SS350......Wow!

It sounds like that old dude was ready to beef up the tech in his bag ;)  :D 

Cleveland

I have a Cobra SS350 driver.  It was a good club back in the day.  Wanna buy it?

Based on how he played the Cobra S-3, his SS350 will be back in the bag on Saturday!

• 2 weeks later...

Based on how he played the Cobra S-3, his SS350 will be back in the bag on Saturday!

My friend put a lighter shaft in the S-3 and began hitting very well.

I HATE being sick. I only get really sick about once every 3 years......this is the year. I've been laid up in bed for the better part of a week.

Feel better soon !

Cleveland

I HATE being sick. I only get really sick about once every 3 years......this is the year. I've been laid up in bed for the better part of a week.

Man flu?

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Sending out healing vibes to Bones!

Just tweeted from TW......he is picking Taylormade for his clubs.