TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tathata Golf training - anyone tried it?

I'm probably one of the few people who has actually managed to complete this programme. The concept is actually rather worthwhile - he wants to teach you the body movements and mechanics of the swing without actually touching a club or hitting a ball for a very long time.

The drawback is endless repetitions of the most simple movements and the relentless hyperbole and artificially pumped up enthusiasm with which every lesson is presented, no doubt genuinely meant. If Trump was a golf instructor this is how I would imagine it....at the end of each lesson there's a test you have to pass which a child of 10 could do. I got the impression that the programme was designed for someone who is either very stupid or very slow on the uptake.

That said there are a few nuggets which are worth it - some of the fitness/stretching is quite good, and there's a move he calls " Surf to level " which I've incorporated into my chipping and pitching with great success. But it's a very long slog to pick out a few gold pieces...

The whole thing could have been done in half the time with more impact - but then I guess he could only charge for half the lessons and so earn less  - and as we know in America making money is the only thing that matters.

I'm probably one of the few people who has actually managed to complete this programme. The concept is actually rather worthwhile - he wants to teach you the body movements and mechanics of the swing without actually touching a club or hitting a ball for a very long time.
The drawback is endless repetitions of the most simple movements and the relentless hyperbole and artificially pumped up enthusiasm with which every lesson is presented, no doubt genuinely meant. If Trump was a golf instructor this is how I would imagine it....at the end of each lesson there's a test you have to pass which a child of 10 could do. I got the impression that the programme was designed for someone who is either very stupid or very slow on the uptake.
That said there are a few nuggets which are worth it - some of the fitness/stretching is quite good, and there's a move he calls " Surf to level " which I've incorporated into my chipping and pitching with great success. But it's a very long slog to pick out a few gold pieces...
The whole thing could have been done in half the time with more impact - but then I guess he could only charge for half the lessons and so earn less  - and as we know in America making money is the only thing that matters.

Interesting perspective - thanks! And .. I guess .. congrats on making it thru to the end.

Would you say those "few nuggets" are worth the price (assuming you paid once and not on that recurring subscription plan)?
- eg. was it roughly equivalent to, say, two or (some number of) regular lessons witha pro?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

On 11/30/2018 at 8:33 AM, cksurfdude said:
On 11/29/2018 at 5:27 PM, Headhammer said:
I really don't know anything about it, but I did see an interview with Tahata, Jack Nicklaus & Tom Watson. Jack really went out of his way to say that he really liked the way they taught golf and that they were one of the few methods that get it right. Take that for what its worth.

That's interesting.... You wouldn't think either of those two guys are that hard up for endorsement money, so.... maybe Nicklaus' comment is legit..??

It was not a commercial or paid endorsement, as far as I know, but it caught my attention when Jack interrupted the moderator & went out of his way to praise their teaching method. 

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

Overall I wasn't worth the price no - and I'm hoping that none of the extra deductions have been made ! ( haven't heard anything so fingers crossed ).

It's a shame because the original concept is rather good, but the execution leaves so much to be desired. And I guess enough people sign up for it for Bryan to think it's Ok. He badly needs some feedback on the process and his own personal presentation.

• 2 years later...

I ordered the free trial (and of course you have to give a credit card number) and the site told me they would send me an email that included a link to activate the membership. I did this right before Christmas and by the time I checked my email a week later, I did not receive anything from them with a link. A few days later, after emailing them to get the link, my debit card was charged $199.99 for an annual membership. I have continually called (no one answers the phone) and left voicemails and sent emails requesting my money back. I have not heard ANYTHING from them at all. I am now going to go to the BBB and my state's consumer fraud department to report them. DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

40 minutes ago, Toolman said:

my debit card was charged $199.99

Wow that truly sucks 😞 Sorry to hear that, and thx for posting a warning. Definitely not the way to try to build a business.....

Have you called your bank and asked them to deny/reverse the charge?

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

I’m on day 10 of the 60 day program. I’m seeing some benefits from the program - the posture, positioning, flexibility and importance on a strong core. I think it’ll be good for me. Probably not for everyone tho.  I plan on finishing the 60 day program. 

I went through the 7 day trial and when that ended the month to month membership for $24.99/month hit my credit card. Pretty standard practice I’d say. I didn’t get charged for a whole year. No foul play for me so far. Hopefully I won’t have any issues when I go to cancel. 

Isn't this the same infomercial/product that Brendan Chamblee is now promoting?  Just scanned through the now two year old thread.  Besides not wanting to touch it with a 3i for the stated issues, what exactly are they selling?  Sounds like a Billy Banks Tai-Chi program.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

11 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Isn't this the same infomercial/product that Brendan Chamblee is now promoting? 

I think those are recycled commercials from like two+ years ago? It appears the company - under Bryan Heppler - actually went bankrupt and then someone else came in and bought the name and product, I guess you'd call it, and are re-marketing it.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

9 hours ago, Mark E G said:

I’m on day 10 of the 60 day program. I’m seeing some benefits from the program - the posture, positioning, flexibility and importance on a strong core. I think it’ll be good for me. Probably not for everyone tho.  I plan on finishing the 60 day program. 

I went through the 7 day trial and when that ended the month to month membership for $24.99/month hit my credit card. Pretty standard practice I’d say. I didn’t get charged for a whole year. No foul play for me so far. Hopefully I won’t have any issues when I go to cancel. 

Nice! Hopefully it continues to work out ok for you...

Please come back and update this thread either way, so others can get the info .. thx.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

10 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

I think those are recycled commercials from like two+ years ago? It appears the company - under Bryan Heppler - actually went bankrupt and then someone else came in and bought the name and product, I guess you'd call it, and are re-marketing it.

I guess that is the downside to watching TGC on Sling TV... a good many re-runs of events.  But, it's either that or watching something that makes my eyes and ears bleed 😬

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Hi

spotted this thread and read thru it ... I signed up in 2016? or (. damm poor memory ) ... and one year latter they revamped the course with all new video's and a slight update -  and changed the way they charged for it and gave us a free year to try ( I also didn't cancel in time - so the next year I ended up paying for .... )

BUT -- I see my legacy log-in still works ... ( https://legacy.tathatagolf.com )

I found it hard to stick to my head ... but did like the wedge instruction.  Since then I have listened to the audible book --Training Code ( link .. https://www.audible.ca/pd/The-Talent-Code-Audiobook/0593171004?ref=a_library_t_c5_libItem_&pf_rd_p=a00014e8-d2ee-472f-a5f3-837e4e395ee4&pf_rd_r=Q86D4A3FRKNH7DX52DJC ). which has reminded me there're re no quick fixes for learning something new or improved.   Juts repeat and more repeat ( and check for verification you are doing what you think you are doing )

Love this forum for idea's ... finally a 2nd post after much reading

Greg

1 hour ago, GregGH said:

Just repeat and more repeat (and check for verification you are doing what you think you are doing)

Yep and YEP!!

Been taking a series of lessons .. 1/2 hour each and recently 1 week apart .. and the reps plus repeated reinforcements definitely seems to be working for me.

In fact, if what we'd worked on in a prior lesson isn't quite sinking in yet, I'll ask the instructor to review. Golf is hard and for me improvement comes slowly and incrementally...

I read thru "The Talent Code" (recommended by @Kenny B) and try to be sure I'm enjoying each lesson, so I can imagine the golf swing myelin wraps forming ☺️

---

All that said.. one plus for the Tathata approach is that you can go at your own place, and repeat a prior segment as often as you like.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg