Tathata Golf training - anyone tried it?

10 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

I think those are recycled commercials from like two+ years ago? It appears the company - under Bryan Heppler - actually went bankrupt and then someone else came in and bought the name and product, I guess you'd call it, and are re-marketing it.

I guess that is the downside to watching TGC on Sling TV... a good many re-runs of events.  But, it's either that or watching something that makes my eyes and ears bleed 😬

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

Hi

spotted this thread and read thru it ... I signed up in 2016? or (. damm poor memory ) ... and one year latter they revamped the course with all new video's and a slight update -  and changed the way they charged for it and gave us a free year to try ( I also didn't cancel in time - so the next year I ended up paying for .... )

BUT -- I see my legacy log-in still works ... ( https://legacy.tathatagolf.com )

I found it hard to stick to my head ... but did like the wedge instruction.  Since then I have listened to the audible book --Training Code ( link .. https://www.audible.ca/pd/The-Talent-Code-Audiobook/0593171004?ref=a_library_t_c5_libItem_&pf_rd_p=a00014e8-d2ee-472f-a5f3-837e4e395ee4&pf_rd_r=Q86D4A3FRKNH7DX52DJC ). which has reminded me there're re no quick fixes for learning something new or improved.   Juts repeat and more repeat ( and check for verification you are doing what you think you are doing )

Love this forum for idea's ... finally a 2nd post after much reading

Greg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GregGH said:

Just repeat and more repeat (and check for verification you are doing what you think you are doing)

Yep and YEP!!

Been taking a series of lessons .. 1/2 hour each and recently 1 week apart .. and the reps plus repeated reinforcements definitely seems to be working for me.

In fact, if what we'd worked on in a prior lesson isn't quite sinking in yet, I'll ask the instructor to review. Golf is hard and for me improvement comes slowly and incrementally...

I read thru "The Talent Code" (recommended by @Kenny B) and try to be sure I'm enjoying each lesson, so I can imagine the golf swing myelin wraps forming ☺️

---

All that said.. one plus for the Tathata approach is that you can go at your own place, and repeat a prior segment as often as you like.

• Like 2

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..PXG Gen5 0811XF (PX EvenFlow Riptide CB 50/5.0 or Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue 45/A)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Rogue ST Max OS 4H (PX Cypher Black 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 5H (Recoil ZT9 460/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (..Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)