mr.hicksta

mr.hicksta's WITB ​​​​​​

Always love seeing updates to your bag haha. Those headcovers! Love Dormies headcovers. Just not a huge fan of the price but they look gorgeous.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Thanks! And yeah, the Dormie headcovers are definitely not cheap, but I absolutely love how unique they are. Cool enough for me to keep them around for awhile !
  • Like 1

Haha, you were so stoked you took pics inside the shop and right outside of the door. Love to see local gear junkies who get as stoked for new toys as I do.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

It was too damn good looking to not take some impromptu pics
  • Like 1

Slight change coming. Going to swap the KK XD 70 for a KK XD 60 built to the same specs (45" playing length, tipped 3/4"). Just waiting on the price quote from my builder!

5 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

Slight change coming. Going to swap the KK XD 70 for a KK XD 60 built to the same specs (45" playing length, tipped 3/4"). Just waiting on the price quote from my builder!

Yeah, slight change for *today*... we'll see what the rest of the week brings, it's only Monday LOL

• Like 1

Yeah, slight change for *today*... we'll see what the rest of the week brings, it's only Monday LOL

New tees?
  • Haha 1

My Kuro Kage XD 60 S arrived today before I left to work so I'm having a Tour Velvet Plus4 put on this afternoon! I liked the feel of the XD overall, which is why I stuck with it, but I think the lighter shaft will help me out. I'm hyped to see how it performs!

• Like 1

So this BGT Stability shaft experiment may be coming to an end. Looking at replacing it with a KBS CT Tour Putter shaft in brushed chrome. I don't mind the feel of the BGT, but the weight is throwing me off. 

• Like 1

Just updated the first post with what's coming for the Ping Long Game Gap Testing!

Let’s go!

IMG_2790.JPG

• Like 9

6 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

Let’s go!

IMG_2790.JPG

Can't wait to hear how that crossover performs.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

Let’s go!

IMG_2790.JPG

Looking good!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have the 2 Crossover and it is so great - it's the best club I have purchased in a long time. Extremely versatile and forgiving for what it is. I think you will really enjoy it.

Edited by golfertrb
ineptitude with the English language
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, golfertrb said:

I have the 2 Crossover and it is so great - it's the best club I have purchased in a long time. Extremely versatile and forgiving for what it is. I think you will really enjoy it.

I'm excited to see how it performs for me! On my default home course there aren't a lot of situations where I use long irons, but on the longer courses I'll definitely put it to use. I can see it being my go to if finding a fairway is a must!

Sweet looking setup! I love the head covers.

• Like 1

Looks like you found a nice spot for your new companions!

• Like 1

Looks like you found a nice spot for your new companions!

They’re fitting in quite nicely! It’ll be fun to see how they perform in the Bahamas
  • Like 1

I’m just about home and I’m excited about getting the ACCRA TZ5 and Bat Attack Gen2 in the bag! I’m having the shaft and grip swapped on the putter immediately and will be getting some mileage on it ASAP once that swap is done. Aside from that, I’m feeling good about my bag so these next few months will be dedicated to putting the new Ping stuff to work!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Mariannewhite

• By 03trdblack
      Selling a perfect set of 5-GW (7 total) Recoil F2 460 Series Iron Shafts .370 Parallel Tip professional pulled from a set of PXG 0311 irons.  The F2 flex designation is Senior or "A" Flex.  The grips are PXG branded Pure Pro grips and are almost brand new in condition.  

The 5 iron shaft measures 37.25" from grip cap to shaft tip.  The Pure Grips have a grip cap that measures 1/4" so the graphite shaft will measure 37" without a grip.  The 5 iron measured 38.25" when shafted.  Each shaft decreases in length 1/2" (6 iron is 1/2" less than 5 iron shaft, etc).  Specs from the UST website are listed below:  

Description Flex Weight Torque Launch Butt OD Tip OD Tip Parallel Length Recoil 460 F2 A 63g 5.2° High 0.596" 0.370" 5.5" 41"  

Description from the website:  

Finally, a revolutionary technology that will change how you think about iron shafts. UST Mamiya's new recoil iron shafts are a game changer. In the past, heavy weight graphite iron shafts felt dead and stiff. With UST Mamiya's exclusive recoilâ„¢ technology, we have brought feel back into the shaft, while allowing players to hit a wide range of shots that result in better distance control and pin seeking accuracy.   

By positioning over 19 different layers within the shaft, we were able to create a design that outperforms the best steel shafts in the market.   

I would be happy to provide pictures on request.  SOLD  
    • By THEZIPR23
      Almost a total remodel of the bag.

Epic Flash SZ 10.5 set at -1 N Graphite Design Tour AD TSG Blue X (45")
      M3 15 set at -2 Paderson Fairway KG 860-F30 S
      Epic Flash SZ 18 set at S N Tensei AV Blue 70 X
       Z585 4 & 5 KBS C Taper S
       Z785 6-AW KBS C Taper S
       Glide Forged 56 KBS Hi Rev 2.0
       Glide Forged 60 KBS Hi Rev 2.0
       SS 28 CS 33"

Driver: Thank you MGS, flat out the best driver I have ever had in the bag.
      3W: A random purchase after being unable to hit the original epic 3w. Put same shaft that I was fit for in the epic and it has been a match made in heaven. Absolute money from the tee and I know exactly what it will do from the fairway. Combined with the driver there are not many par 5's that I can't reach. 
      5W: Solid club but this spot has always been a trouble spot in my bag and that hasn't changed in 20 years. 
      Irons: Love the combo and they feel absolutely amazing. All of them are 1* strong, standard lie and +1/2" Biggest thing I was looking for in making the change was more control. They definitely fly different than P790's but hopefully after an adjustment period they will meet or exceed my expectations. 
      Wedges: A different look from what I am used to but feel is amazing. The shaft on full swings is so easy for me to deliver correctly. 
      Putter: Not a fast revolving door but one that moves some. Have gotten used to the look of the center shaft but still struggling with alignment some. 
      Ball: Titleist PROV1X #23 imprinted with THEZIPR in blue. Have played this ball since its birth and while I have tried many other options nothing has been able to kick it out. 
      Rangefinder: Bushnell PRO X2 
      Glove: Footjoy Weathersof. Love the Ping tour glove but at the rate I go through gloves I just can't justify the price difference.
      Shoes: Ecco Biom G 3 BOA and Biom Hybrid 3 BOA. Most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. 

• By Golfspy_CG2
      When it comes to PING many things come to mind, quality, engineering, performance and irons are among the first things most people will think of.   And with the release earlier this year of the G410 irons, PING has hit on each one of those characteristics. 
      Following the huge success of the G400 irons, PING has hit a home run with the striking black and red colors of this iron, as well as a being a bit more streamlined in all the right places.   PING has achieved the rare feat of providing an iron that has a profile appealing to even the most discerning of golfers, but yet still offering the forgiveness and help that higher handicaps look for. 

We are looking for three forum members to join staff member Golfspy_Stroker in testing, reviewing and keeping a set of these G410's built to their custom specs.  Testing will require a nearly two month commitment of putting the irons in play on the course, at the range and providing ongoing commentary in the forum thorough out the process. 
      As an extra bonus to the irons, the selected testers will have the option to choose Golf Pride Tour Velvet grips equipped with Arccos.  The clubs will come with a 99 day free trial to arccos.  After that the tester would be responsible for paying for the subscription in order to continue it.   It will be a great way to add data to your review. 
      PING has opened this testing to all golfers regardless of country of residence.   All you have to do to be eligible for the testing is follow the below instructions.

In a post in this thread please provide the following information...AND DO NOT QUOTE this post when replying!
      First Name/State or Country of residence
      Handicap
      Current irons in Play
      The carry distance of the your 7 iron
      That's it.   Good luck to everybody
      We'll be selecting the testers within the next 10 to 14 days, so check back to see if you've been selected!

===========================================================================================
      YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE....

Please join me in congratulating these members selected from a very large and diverse applicant pool:

@ballplayer002003
      @GregB135
      @Rickp
      Official announcement here:
      https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/33112-testers-wanted-3-ping-g410-irons/?do=findComment&comment=571106

• By Golfspy_CG2
      In the golf club world, where most companies insist on renaming or launching a new name after one or two iterations of a club, to see a company stick with  a name into the 4th generation....well that must say something about the winning formula they have.   Below is a video from Cleveland Golf on it's RTX4 wedge. 
      Then  we have four members of our forum who are in the process of testing these wedges to see how they perform for their games. See their initial thoughts in the Stage 1 posts below, and follow their on course and on range experiences with them in this thread over the next 4 weeks or so.
      The Four Member Testers are:
      @goaliewales14                              Stage 1                                  Stage 2
      @Apes44                                         Stage 1                                  Stage 2
      @MDGolfHacker                              Stage 1                                  Stage 2
      @Smellis745                                   Stage 1                                 Stage 2  

• By Maltenator
      Garmin Approach G8 golf GPS in excellent shape. Fantastic battery life have gotten through 36 holes roughly 9-10 hours 2 weeks ago and still had 30% battery life left. Has free life time map updates through computer App, or over Wi-Fi. All maps are current and so is software. Asking $210 shipped OBO.

Brand new never swung, Fujikura Pro 2.0 67.5 Gram Stiff shaft. Has a PXG adapter but can be swapped for whatever adapter you need (I don't have adapters you will need to get one). Comes with brand new Winn standard size Dri-Tac. Asking $125 OBO shipping cost are separate and on the buyer. Will USPS Priority mail 2nd day should be no more than $15 for shipping from me in Virginia to you. Retails for $250+.

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!