• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Spagbrew

• By Maltenator
      Introduction
      My name is Matt I'm 36 that lives here in Mechanicsville, VA (Richmond Area). I have 2 awesome little daughters who are 8 and 7, and an amazing gorgeous wife who is way too hot for me and out of my league. I'm pretty lucky. I work in IT for the IRS, love all Chicago sports teams Bears, Cubs, Blackhawks, and Bulls. I am obsessed with Disney as is my family, we go once if not twice a year every year. I have been an avid golfer since I was 13. Before I met the best thing ever to come into my life, my wife, golf really saved me when I got out of the Air Force in 2006 and was dealing with PTSD. I got my handicap down to a 5, because I fully immersed myself into it to get away from all my demons, and horrible thoughts in my head. For these reasons, I will never turn my back on the sport as it was there when I needed something that can't be explained the most at that point in my life. Unfortunately due to 4 knee surgeries a meniscus repair, a meniscus removal after tearing it for the 2nd time 4 years to the day after I tore it the first time, a meniscus implant, and a clean out around my ACL, my game has slipped severely over the last 9 years since my original injury in 2010, and only being able to play as much as my knee would let me. My knee is finally back to 100% and can dive back into the sport I love. I am currently a 15 handicap and working my way back down slowly. I never lost my swing, but I need to get back to where I was mentally. All of my extra strokes come from mental errors and minor misses, and getting down on myself because I know I can be as good as I once was if not better. I have gamed Mizuno JPX 800 Pro forged irons the last 6 years since 2013, and have always felt there is no better feeling iron to me than Mizuno's, then I went out on a whim, and decided to overhaul my whole bag from bag all the way down to putter this year. I got fitted for PXG 0211's and from the moment I hit the first ball, I was addicted to them. So without further ado here is the review below.
      These are from our Disney trip we just got back home from on Aug 18th. Also, sorry for such large photos (but details right?).

About the club
      These are PXG's first cast club. I feel they are PXG's answer to reach the masses, and make an affordable club for all golfers.
      According to their website they state "We packed our 0211s with three key GEN2 technologies. First and most important is a hollow body design filled with our proprietary COR2 polymer, the world's thinnest club face (made possible by the COR2) and a 360-degree undercut perimeter channel around the club face that expands the functional size of the face. These three technologies combined result in a club that goes farther, launches higher, feels softer, sounds great, is more forgiving and has a sweet spot the size of Texas."
      Looks 10 out of 10
      The PXG 0211 irons are a progressive iron set, meaning the amount of offset gradually decreases the shorter the clubs become. For example, the 4-iron has slightly more offset than the 5, and so on through the wedges.
      Progressive sets offer more forgiveness in the long irons, where it's needed most for all golfers. There isn't much offset needed in the 8-iron up due to golfers being more proficient with them.
      In the long irons, the 0211 have a very good offset and a little noticeable sole sticking out past the top line.  When you get to the scoring irons, the 0211 there is less offset and less sole sticking out.
      I would put these into the middle of a players and game improvement iron. They have somewhat of a slim top line, a decently wide sole, and the blades are longer than most players irons, and Bob Parsons wasn't lying when he said they have a sweet spot the size of Texas. 
      They are absolutely gorgeous at address. 

Sorry these are the only photos I have at address and it's the PW. But aren't the center strike ball marks BEAUTIFUL?

Sound & Feel 10 out of 10
      These feel absolutely smoother than any golf club I have ever hit. Forged or cast, this is due to hollow body design with their proprietary COR2 polymer. When hit they leave no doubt that the ball is going for a long ride. They are very very soft with a spring like sensation off center faced strikes. It has a very nice strong and clean mid pitch at impact, that gives immediate feedback for mishits, which are hard to do with their sweet spot.

Performance 10 out of 10
      Having been fitted by a PXG fitter I had high expectations for what theses should produce, these expectations were met and surpassed in all categories. 
      Borrowed this from another site so I'm quoting "The 0211 features the same face material (HT1770 maraging steel) as the 0311 GEN2, which works in conjunction with PXG’s more responsive second generation COR2 polymer material – the goo filling that allows for the thinnest iron face on the market – to preserve ball speed across the whole of the face.
      Like the 0311 GEN2, it offers an internal face perimeter cut-out. It’s a design which leverages an undercut cavity and moves the weld lines between the two pieces to the outer perimeter of the club (as opposed to on the face itself). It’s a forgiveness-boosting feature that makes for an effectively larger face without increasing the size of the clubhead."
      The forgiveness and the wider soles is where the clubs really shine and help make thin misses playable and not penalize the player as bad as some other irons would.
      I have found the spin in the short to mid irons to be sufficient enough to hold greens, and not send the ball rolling off once they land, and the wedges paired with a good quality ball makes it easy to zip the ball back something I haven't been able to do in a long time.
      Where the progressive design helps me most is in the 5 iron, with the extra offset, I can launch the ball easier than my old 5 iron and not worry about it going anywhere but straight. 
      I have gained 10-12 yards of carry over my old Mizuno's. This could be impart to being slightly stronger lofted clubs as well, but I feel it has more to do with newer technology and a faster face. PXG also claims these have "the thinnest face in golf" and I haven't seen any other company argue this.

Upgrades 5 out of 10
      I give the upgrades a 5 because they don't offer many shaft options comparatively to competitors (they have the same number of brands but the shaft models are more limited than other brands), and the upgrade price on shafts is on par with other manufacturers. I do feel the shaft offerings fit a large variety of golfers, and my fitter had me dialed into my shaft within about 20 minutes, then went through every club to ensure that it would suit me through every iron.
      The biggest drop in score here is there are no additional grips that can be upgraded to. The only option is the Lamkin Z5 which I gave a try, and hated after 1 round due to not being tacky and soft enough but this is purely subjective on how you like your grips. I quickly replaced them with my preferred Winn Dri-Tacs. 
      Quite shocking since PXG is known to be all custom built, the 0211s have what amounts to a true stock shaft offering for the first time. True Temper’s new Elevate is the steel offering. The standard Elevate is a 95g offering (available in R and S flex), and the Elevate Tour 115g (available in S and X flexes). I was fitted with the Elevate Tour through all my irons.
      Both Elevate shafts feature VSS (Vibration Suppression System) technology. A fresh take on the Sensicore principle, VSS reduces unwanted vibrations by 71% in the standard Elevate, while VSS PRO reduces unwanted vibrations by 56% in the Elevate Tour.
      The graphite offering is the just-released MMT from Mitsubishi.
      Fitters and buyers will still have access to PXG’s full shaft matrix, but there is a per club upcharge of $25 (both steel and graphite) to move out of the stock offerings.

Stock Grips

Miscellaneous 10 out of 10
      First and foremost the customer service is OUTSTANDING, they keep you informed through the whole process all you have to do is call and ask. You can call 844-PLAY-PXG and they will set you up with a fitter at no expense to you. They sent my fitter from 2 hours away and spent 3 hours with me. There was absolutely no pressure from his end either for me to make a purchase. 
      They have a 30 day playability guarantee and a 1 year manufacturer's warranty on defects.
      Also, the boxes these come in are the nicest, sturdiest, best looking boxes I have ever seen golf clubs come in.
      Sorry the photo isn't the best, I was excited to get the boxes open and check the clubs out so I just snapped a quick photo.

Price 7/10 out of 10
      My reasoning for the 7/10 out of 10 is if you're an Active duty member, Veteran, or First Responder and can be verified through ID.ME on their website the price is 10/10, you can snag these for the same price if not less than any other major brand out there. I paid $105 an iron for mine, but they have raised the price to $125 an iron for steel or graphite. Also, if you buy six of them you receive a free Gen 1 driver of your choice, and are offered a Gen 1 putter of your choice for $95, which I took advantage of both offerings opting for the 0811XF and Mustang putter. 
      If you do not fall into these categories they will run you $195 an iron for steel offering, and $210 for graphite and this is the reasoning for a 7/10.
      Shipping costs $30 for a single iron, $60 for irons and woods , and $100 for a whole set. Also, it is a direct signature required VIA FedEx this guarantees they hit your hands and not stolen off your porch. If you're lucky enough to live in the area, you can also pick them up from their headquarters for free.
      Specs 

Conclusion and Overall 10 out of 10
      I give the clubs a 10 out of 10 overall because they are absolutely one of the best clubs I have ever gamed, demoed, swung. Now I know this is very subjective as well, and what works for me won't work for the masses. I would not think twice if asked if I recommend these clubs, because I would a million times over. PXG’s goal with the 0211 irons was to bring the performance and feel of their 0311 irons to golfers at a lower price.  They blew this goal out of the water.
      The progressive set is designed extremely well to fit the vast majority of golfers, although it doesn't offer the flexibility of the different 0311 models. If price has been scaring you away from PXG irons, call and get fitted because these are budget friendly comparative to their other models, and even more so for military, veterans and first responders.

Please let me know what you think of my first review, and it's okay to be brutally critical I can handle it I'm a big boy.
      Thanks for reading,
      Matt

• By Golfspy_CG2
      GOLFTEC Unveils Enhanced Putting Lessons Powered by TECPUTT

(Englewood, CO.) – GOLFTEC – the world leader in golf lessons and premium club fittings – has taken its renowned instruction to the next level with introduction of enhanced Putting Lessons powered by TECPUTT, a proprietary software system built by GOLFTEC’s in-house team of golf instruction experts and product designers.

Rolled out this month at select GOLFTEC locations nationwide, the company’s new offering utilizes special putting sensors that pair with a comprehensive analysis app to provide real-time, actionable motion analytics, 2D & 3D synchronized graphical playback, video capture, automatic cloud-based record keeping and more.

The company’s philosophy is that consistency and repeatability are the key elements shared by all good putters. GOLFTEC Coaches help show students why they aren’t hitting more predictable putts and recommend a plan to develop their skills.

“GOLFTEC strives to provide an environment for total game improvement and a crucial element to lowering scores is building confidence and skill on the green,” says Joe Assell, Co-Founder and CEO of GOLFTEC. “Our students have access to the best Coaches for all elements of their game, be that analysis of the full swing, club fitting or our new enhanced putting lessons.”

TECPUTT software, combined with insight from GOLFTEC’s highly-trained coaches, uses a variety of tools to analyze student performance, including:

·         Target Line Analysis: Display of the length, duration, and accuracy of the proper putter orientation

·         Face & Loft: Complete analysis of face, loft angles and their relationship

·         Putting Score: Quantitative assessment of progress

·         Result: Record, review and compare putting performance

Enhanced Putting Lessons are the latest addition to GOLFTEC’s world-renowned teaching technology, which includes advanced motion measurement, video analysis and premium launch monitors to help any student find the lesson plan best suited for their unique needs. GOLFTEC students drop an average of seven strokes from their scores.

GOLFTEC continues to establish itself as the world leader in golf improvement with more data on the golf swing than anyone else in the world, thanks to its award-winning SwingTRU Motion Study. The global GOLFTEC coaching team is comprised of experienced instructors that have graduated from GOLFTEC University – a multi-week certification program based around a curriculum of mastering advanced training of golf swing mechanics and GOLFTEC’s proprietary technology used in all Training Centers. The majority of GOLFTEC Certified Personal Coaches are PGA Professionals who have taught thousands of lessons.

To learn more about GOLFTEC and the new Enhanced Putting Lessons, please visit www.golftec.com or call 877-446-5383.

About GOLFTEC

Since 1995, GOLFTEC has become the world’s largest provider of golf lessons and premium club fittings, operating more than 200 corporately-owned and franchised Training Centers in all major U.S. cities, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong, China and Singapore. A top employer of PGA Professionals, the company’s 700-plus coaches have taught more than nine million lessons with students dropping an average of seven strokes from their scorecards.  Its highly-trained coaches leverage leading-edge technology for a completely fact-based approach to instruction, practice and club fitting. GOLFTEC’s leadership position in golf improvement is augmented by its SwingTRU Motion Study™ – the largest study ever conducted on golf swing mechanics.
      ###
    • By Golfspy_CG2
      It's been one of the most talked about training aids this year, and has popped up in use by golfers all over the world, including professional tours. But now you'll get to see real everyday golfers like yourself use the full Putt Out system. They'll use it indoors, they'll use it out doors, they'll use the whole system, they'll use parts of the system independently.  You can follow it all in this thread and best of all, you can get direct feedback from them on how it works for them, their likes, dislikes and most importantly see if it has improved their putting.

Direct access to their links are below.

@Kanoito                           Stage 1                      Stage 2
      @HardcoreLooper             Stage 1                       Stage 2
      @Peaksy68                        Stage 1                       Stage 2
      @tommc23                        Stage 1                        Stage 2
      @gaussman1                     Stage 1                        Stage 2                  
    • By Golfspy_CG2
      Follow our four  testers of the Odyssey Stroke Lab  as they bring you all the details of the hottest putter technology out there right now.  Will it perform for them, how does it help their putting?   They will leave no stone un-turned or ball un-hit in the effort to bring you a in depth and fully unbiased review of the putter. 
      They will start with their Stage Ones which give you a good look at the putter, and tell you about their games.   While they are putting the Stroke-lab in play over the next month to six weeks, they will update this thread with their thoughts and be available to answer any questions the community may have.  So fire away with anything you want to know about these innovative putters. 

Our Four Testers:
      @MaxEntropy                                  Stage 1        Stage 2        
      @Berg Ryman                                   Stage 1       Stage 2
      @juspoole                                         Stage 1       Stage 2
      @Apolloshowl                                   stage 1        Stage 2
    • By Golfspy_CG2
      PRESS RELEASE
      PING introduces next generation
      of custom-fit women’s equipment

PHOENIX (July 1, 2019): Advancements in technology, lighter overall club weight, expanded fitting options and premium materials combine to make the new G Le2 family PING’s highest performing women’s clubs to date, the company announced today. The complete line of clubs is available for pre-order at authorized PING golf shops around the world beginning today.

“The G Le2 represents our continued commitment to providing women golfers of every skill level with premium, high-performance equipment optimized to their swing speeds,” said Stacey Pauwels, PING Executive Vice President and the granddaughter of PING founders Karsten and Louise Solheim, whose role includes overseeing the brand’s women’s initiatives.”

“To achieve one of our performance goals of improving the feel of the club throughout the entire swing, we focused on making the clubs lighter overall,” Pauwels added.  “We integrated our extensive knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes with our proven design technologies to deliver measurable improvements throughout the set. At the same time, we wanted to present the new clubs in a visually appealing and confidence-inspiring way. We’re extremely excited about the results and look forward to bringing the G Le2 family to women golfers around the world.”

Custom fit and custom built
      Along with ensuring measurable performance improvements throughout the G Le2 family, PING’s engineering team placed added importance on expanding the fitting options to help women find the ideal set to match their games.

“Having equipment that is custom fitted to their games allows women to see improvement from every club in their bag,” said Pauwels. “The G Le2 family really emphasizes that need through loft, lie and length adjustability along with the shaft weight, flex and grip offerings. Once we know those specifications, finding the best combination of fairway woods, hybrids, irons and wedges during a fitting is the next step in the process.”

“Because we custom build every club, we want women to know we’ll make them a set that best fits their game,” she said. “The key is determining the ideal set makeup that provides proper distance gaps between each club. That may be a full set or maybe a smaller set of a few metal woods, hybrids, irons, a wedge and a putter. Once we have all their fitting information, we can custom build the clubs to their precise specifications for maximum performance.”
      Lighter, faster, more forgiving driver

The next generation of golf’s highest-performing women’s driver maximizes forgiveness and distance through a higher MOI, faster face and lighter overall weight. Its titanium head features a rounder, more aerodynamic shape to promote faster clubhead speeds. A thin, forged T9S+ face is optimized for the intended swing speed to increase flexing for more ball velocity and improved launch conditions. Internal heel-biased weighting helps ensure straighter ball flights and softer turbulators help frame the ball at address. Trajectory Tuning 2.0 in the G Le2 driver utilizes a new lightweight, aerodynamic hosel sleeve that provides eight positions for influencing ball flight through loft (±1.5°) adjustments.

Faster faces, higher-launching, adjustable fairway woods

A thinner, faster maraging steel C300 face, a significantly higher MOI and an 8-lobe adjustable hosel distinguish the G Le2 fairway wood from its predecessor. The added ball speed from the face technology increases distance and combines with the shallower face to launch the ball higher with greater forgiveness. An overall lighter club weight makes swinging the club easier with more clubhead speed for longer and straighter results. Internal weighting promotes right-to-left shot correction to keep shots on target. Available in 3, 5, 7 and 9 woods.

Lighter, longer and straighter irons

Precise and forgiving with a lighter overall club weight, G Le2 irons utilize COR-Eye Technology with a deep top-rail undercut to increase face flexing for more ball speed and higher max height. A tungsten toe weight helps increase MOI by 10% for greater forgiveness and a co-molded cavity badge ensures a pleasing feel and sound. Available in 6-9 iron, PW, UW, SW.

Faster face, higher-launching hybrids with more fitting choices

A thinner, hotter Carpenter 455 face and lighter club weight generate faster ball speeds while a lower, deeper CG helps increase the MOI to launch the ball high with greater forgiveness. The addition of a 34⁰ 7 hybrid expands the fitting options for women who prefer the technology of a hybrid in place of an iron. Softer crown turbulators help capture the ball at address and aid in alignment. Available in 4, 5, 6 and 7 hybrids.

Adjustable putters with feel and forgiveness

Enhanced feel and forgiveness and a new adjustable-length shaft improve performance and fitting opportunities in the three new G Le2 putters (Anser, Shea and Echo). A dual-durometer face insert -- engineered with TR face technology -- provides a soft front layer for precision and improved impact feel and a firmer second layer for control to improve consistency on putts of every distance. The easy-to-use adjustable shaft allows self-fitting for length between 31" and 35". A new, softer PP59 midsize grip improves feel and comfort.

Lighter shafts, softer grips
      PING’s proprietary ULT240 Lite and Ultra Lite premium graphite shafts are standard throughout the G Le2 family and help bring down overall club weight while helping generate more clubhead speed and higher launch. The super-soft Golf Pride Tour Velvet Garnet 360 grip is available in three sizes (Blue -1/16", Red -1/32", Aqua -1/64").

Specifications:
      G Le2 Driver
      Multi-material construction: Cast Ti 8-1-1 body, forged T9S+ face, lightweight aluminum/thermoplastic adjustable hosel
      Loft option: 11.5⁰ (adjustable +- 1.5⁰)
      Head weight: 190g
      Head volume: 460 cc
      Std. length: 44 ¾"
      Std. lie angle: 58.5⁰
      Std. Swingweight: C2
      Stock grip: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Garnet 360 in three sizes (Blue -1/16", Red -1/32", Aqua -1/64")
      Shaft options: PING ULT240D (Lite and Ultra Lite flexes)
      U.S. MSRP: $435
      G Le2 Fairway Woods
      Multi-material construction: 17-4 stainless steel body, C300 maraging steel face, lightweight aluminum/thermoplastic adjustable hosel
      Lofts (adjustable up to +-1.5⁰ 3W (19⁰), 5W (22⁰), 7W (26⁰), 9W (30⁰)
      Std. lengths: 3W (42 ½"), 5W (42"), 7W (41 ½"), 9W (41")
      Std. Swingweight: C1
      Stock grip: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Garnet 360 in three sizes (Blue -1/16", Red -1/32", Aqua -1/64")
      Shaft options: PING ULT240F (Lite and Ultra Lite flexes)
      U.S. MSRP: $270 per club
      G Le2 Irons
      Multi-material construction: 17-4 stainless steel head, tungsten toe weight, aluminum/thermoplastic composite badge, HydroPearl 2.0 finish
      Available 6-9, PW, UW, SW, in 10 color codes (lie angle). Black color code is standard.
      Std. length/loft: 6i (37.13"/27⁰), 7i (36.5"/30.5⁰), 8i (36"/35⁰), 9i (35.5"/40⁰), PW (35"/45⁰), UW (35"/52⁰), SW (34.5"/58⁰),
      Std. Swingweight: 6i (C1), 7i (C2), 8i (C2), 9i (C2.5), PW (C4), UW (C5), SW (C6),
      Shaft options: PING ULT240i (Lite and Ultra Lite flexes)
      U.S. MSRP: $137.50 per iron
      G Le2 Hybrids
      Multi-material construction: 17-4 stainless steel head, CarTech Custom 455 steel face
      Lofts: 4H (22⁰), 5H (26⁰), 6H (30⁰), 7H (34⁰)
      Std. lengths: 4H (39"), 5H (38 1/2"), 6H (38"), 7H (37 ½")
      Std. Swingweight: C0
      Shaft options: PING ULT240H (Lite and Ultra Lite flexes)
      U.S. MSRP: $200 per hybrid
      G Le2 Putters
      Anser
      Putter Type: Blade
      Materials: 17-4 stainless steel body, dual-durometer PEBAX insert
      Finish: Champagne nickel plating
      Adjustable-Length Shaft: 31" to 35" range (std: 33")
      Head Weight: 345g
      Stroke Type: Slight Arc
      U.S. MSRP: $215
      Shea
      Putter Type: Mid Mallet
      Materials: 17-4 stainless steel body, dual-durometer PEBAX insert
      Finish: Champagne nickel plating
      Head Weight: 350g
      Stroke Type: Strong Arc
      U.S. MSRP: $215
      Echo
      Putter Type: Mallet
      Materials: Machined 6061 aluminum body, stainless steel soleplate, dual-durometer PEBAX insert
      Finish: Magenta-color anodized body, champagne nickel soleplate
      Head Weight: 360g
      Stroke Type: Slight arc or Straight
      U.S. MSRP: $270

###

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!