:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Awesome CG2, putter look great!!

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

Thanks 808...appreciate that.  I'll have a lot more pics during the Stage 2 review. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

Awesome write ups so far everyone! I've enjoyed reading them.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Great job on Stage One Foz and Hula.  I'm envious of both of you for your locale..ha    Foz that's quite some history, and I too miss the Clickity Clack of the spikes on the concrete as I walked from the clubhouse to the first tee!!

Rob very interesting biography of your golfing career and looking forward to your time on the course with your ER5.  I'll be following your review closely as I'm a mallet man myself so this should be quite entertaining.  Well done buddy.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Rob very interesting biography of your golfing career and looking forward to your time on the course with your ER5. I'll be following your review closely as I'm a mallet man myself so this should be quite entertaining. Well done buddy.

Thanks Bill and Thanks for bit calling me Bob. Ha

It's definitely been an interesting journey and frustrating as well.

What i neglected to add was I was also the 6th man on a 5 man High School team. true enough, I got to practice with the team bit never played

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Great job on Stage One Foz and Hula. I'm envious of both of you for your locale..ha Foz that's quite some history, and I too miss the Clickity Clack of the spikes on the concrete as I walked from the clubhouse to the first tee!!

Thanks "kakalaki" "Bob". You have pretty interesting story yoirself! I'm interested in your thoughts on the EVNroll.

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Thanks "kakalaki" "Bob". You have pretty interesting story yoirself! I'm interested in your thoughts on the EVNroll.

I've been called a lot of things over the years. Not sure intersting was ever one of the, But thanks!!

5th round in the books with the ER-5.......  

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Can't wait for the main course. I want to how the feel is off the face and does it really makes your putts go straighter on off center putts. Thanks in advance

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

My stage one is up. I apologize for not linking it but I don't know how to. Its on the first page of this thread just below Foz

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Nice write up Rev. I'll be looking forward to reading the rest.

BTW... I play regularly with a friend that has one of those old giant headed Nicklaus putters like you mentioned you played once. My friend putts great with it and I wish he'd lose it. LOL

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Nice write up Rev. I'll be looking forward to reading the rest.

BTW... I play regularly with a friend that has one of those old giant headed Nicklaus putters like you mentioned you played once. My friend putts great with it and I wish he'd lose it. LOL

I did well with that thing. Made some money with it. Putter technology really improved though and I had to upgrades to a Taylor Made Rossa. That got replaced by the Voodoo Daddy

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Trying to "like" all these stage 1's, but I've reached my quota for the day and the site won't let me.

You guys are knocking it out of the park so far, can't wait to read the stage 2 reviews!!

I got a great deal on used ER5 myself and it arrived yesterday, I've been carpet putting in the living room for the past 2 days and finally remembered to roll out the birdieball in the basement so I can putt for semi-real tomorrow.  The one I bought came with a Gripmaster Stitchback which I'm not crazy about so a grip change will be happening soon.  Needless to say that since I can't get on a real green for the next 3-6 months I'm very interested in how these work out for you guys.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Fantastic Stage One Rev!

Nice start to all the reviewers!

I don't want to take anything away from what you guys are doing with your reviews, so here are a few brief thoughts since I put the ER2 in my bag.

I've got 4 rounds under my belt with it thus far so I'm still getting the feel for this putter.  That said, Rife outdid himself here.  The quality is superb and the roll this thing puts on the ball is really solid.  Never a hop, skip or anything in between.  Just a smooth roll.

I'm still getting used to the distance control with this thing.  Maybe it's the 385g mass in the head but getting the ball from point A to point B isn't very difficult and doesn't require much of a stroke at all.  I'm really interested if any of the forum reviewers are seeing the same thing.

Like Jlukes I've kind of been looking for "the one" and I can honestly say I think I found it.  Classic design, very clean aesthetically, and incredible feel and roll off the club face.

Look forward to more input from the next stage of reviews.

1480815284290.jpg

Here I am with the Mrs being photo bombed by the bride. It was a beautiful night.

@GS Meyer I do not miss the winters up north. Falls yes, winters not at all. It was 80 here today. 71 as we left the wedding reception.

@hoag don't steal my stage 2 review. :)

So far so good but let's see what happens when the honeymoon is over so to speak. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

EVNROLL Putter Review

​By Kevin R. Loughran (RevKev)

​​​Stage One -   Meet the Rev.

attachicon.gif14433007_10153938016401593_1265938356424931491_n.jpg

Yes I am the Senior Pastor of a Lutheran Church in St. Petersburg, Florida and I have the Sheepskin, online audio sermons, you-tube videos and pictures to prove it.  In the one above I was doing exactly what I'm doing today after writing this review, preparing for a wedding! At 60 years of age with twenty five years in as a minister weddings are always lots of fun for me.

Going back in time though to long before the era of video games, smart phones and computers, a time when I was a ten year old boy living in Connecticut I was neither a Pastor nor a Lutheran.  I did however love sports and played them all, baseball, football, basketball and even ice hockey.  That summer a friend of mine found some old golf clubs in the attic and we would regularly go to the school up the street and bang balls.  The next summer his family spent the year abroad because his father, who was a biology prof at Yale, was on loan to a University there.  I suspect that some of you have heard of that school, St. Andrews. 

Upon their return my friend Larry was on fire for golf and we began to play for real.  I moved to another town the next year but took a job as a caddy at the local Country Club.  It was hard work but I learned a lot about the game.  The assistant pro would help us out with our swing when there was time and I could play on Mondays whenever I wanted. 

Honestly though I was getting better at baseball and even though I would play golf occasionally the next several years late High School and my first two years of college much of free time was devoted to that other sport.  That changed in my junior year of college when a serious bout of mono forced me to avoid any sort of physical contact.  I was still playing my original set of Paul Harney Kroydons but within a month I was breaking 80 regularly even with them.

I bought a lovely set of Ram Tour grind irons and PGA Tommy Armor Woods.  I also got some sort of a Ram putter.  I was a very good ball striker but not a very good putter so I didn't really care much about that part of the game.  Unless you belonged to a Country Club greens tended to be shaggy in the 60's and 70's and it was difficult to develop a consistent stroke.  I moved back home to Connecticut in 1979 and soon picked up a Ping putter that I used it until I got a big headed Nicklaus putter the year after he won the '86 Masters.  I gave the Ping to a friend whom I'm happy to report was as adept at throwing it as I was.  I became serviceable enough with the Nicklaus  to get my handicap down to 5, sometimes below that, sometimes a bit higher and then noticeably higher once children came.

In 1989 we moved to Fort Wayne, Indiana where I started Seminary.  I was able to play while I was there but not as much as I would have liked and my game slipped until my second year as a Parish Pastor in 1995.  The church that I first served was in a rural community North of Fort Wayne and it was small so once I got the hang of things I had a good deal of free time.  I joined a club and used golf as my outlet.  I got back down to a solid 4 and did quite while in club events.  In my late 30's I wasn't as long as when I had just come off of playing baseball but had developed a very nice short game and my putting moved from being serviceable to solid.  Guys knew me for being able to make par from anywhere a reputation that still follows me around today.

We moved to Florida in 2006, the same year that I turned 50.  I played some of my best golf between the ages of 50 and 56 primarily because I could play year round, worked 5 minutes from a course and devoted tons of practice time to my short game as a stress outlet, joined a league that featured individual scoring which meant playing lots of competitive golf, regularly took lessons and got fit for clubs through the bag.  My handicap got down below 2 for an entire season one year and I finished 3rd in the Senior Division of the St Petersburg City Championship. 

Once in Florid my putting went from being solid to being borderline great.  It turns out that even though I grew up in the Northern part of the US my putting stroke works much better on grainier Southern grasses.  I picked up a Never Compromise Vodoo Daddy and had it modified at a fitting ten years ago and I have literally only hit putts with one other putter since.  Below is a picture of my bag which includes a G30, Callaway RAZR fit extreme fairways, SLDR hybrids, Wilson C200 irons, SCOR wedges and that old faithful putter thingy:

attachicon.gifMGS putter 2.png

My current handicap index is 3.7.  I'm a member of a fine private club called, the Bayou.  The greens there are a brand new strand of Tiff Bermuda, the very same type of grass used at Pinehurst number 2 and just being installed at TPC Sawgrass' Stadium Course.  They are moderately quick, firm and extremely undulating.  The putter that I selected for this test is the ER5.  It immediately struck my eye as a putter that I might like because of the similarity between it and my current putter.  Three putt avoidance is huge at Bayou as is the ability to hole mid length putts.  I will certainly be looking closely at how well I do in these areas with the ER5.

attachicon.gifmgs putter1.png

Here it is above as it arrived at my house two weeks ago.  You'll notice that my hair has changed a bit from that first picture.  Parenting teenagers and running a church with a school of 250 kids and 50 employees will do that to you but I wouldn't trade it for anything.  I've certainly had my putter out to the course a number of times playing with it twice already.  There's lots of stuff to report about those rounds and practice sessions but Bones is telling us that I have to wait which means that you must also. I will tell you that included in what must wait was a personal phone conversation with Guerin Rife himself. Like that birdie on 18 it will be worth coming back just to read about our experiences with him.

Until then thanks to EVNROLL and MGS for this great opportunity.  Mr. Rife himself told me that he is "hoping for the Revs blessing on his putter."  We will see......

attachicon.gifPGS Putter 4.png

Very nice read Rev!  I will look forward to your take on the ER5 as I'm your Voo Doo Daddy brother from another mother. :D    I'm a mallet man and the ER5 really has my attention. It kind of resembles one of my all time favorite designs from the Odysessy #7 putter.

Cleveland

Very nice read Rev!  I will look forward to your take on the ER5 as I'm your Voo Doo Daddy brother from another mother. :D    I'm a mallet man and the ER5 really has my attention. It kind of resembles one of my all time favorite designs from the Odysessy #7 putter.

That's what I rolled for the past two seasons and just got the ER5.  The ER5 is significantly more compact than the Odyssey Works Tank #7 it's trying to replace.  Not a good or bad thing, just a lot smaller.

That's what I rolled for the past two seasons and just got the ER5.  The ER5 is significantly more compact than the Odyssey Works Tank #7 it's trying to replace.  Not a good or bad thing, just a lot smaller.

I'll be interested in the overall weight of the ER5.  The smaller head like you said,  "is not all bad", however if it's small and light, it wouldn't be a good fit for me.

Cleveland

I'll be interested in the overall weight of the ER5. The smaller head like you said, "is not all bad", however if it's small and light, it wouldn't be a good fit for me.

You can get it in 35" 355g, 34" 370g, or 33" 385g. I'm sure if you called you could mix and match those lengths and weights too

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

You can get it in 35" 355g, 34" 370g, or 33" 385g. I'm sure if you called you could mix and match those lengths and weights too

That's good stuff.  I'm pumped to hear what the findings are from our reviewers!

Cleveland

Mine is the 33" 385. The fitting process was a lot of fun. You guys are going to enjoy hearing about our experiences with that.

The head does present itself as small and compact. I was shocked when I put it side by side with the Voodoo Daddy though. They appear to be the same size. I don't have a good pic of them together yet. I couldn't get one that I was satisfied with when I shot photos for stage one. I think it's time to invite the lovely Laura to lunch at the club and pics on the putting green.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Nice start gents!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

You can.  I have the 35" ER2 with a 385g head.

Mine is the 33" 385. The fitting process was a lot of fun. You guys are going to enjoy hearing about our experiences with that.

The head does present itself as small and compact. I was shocked when I put it side by side with the Voodoo Daddy though. They appear to be the same size. I don't have a good pic of them together yet. I couldn't get one that I was satisfied with when I shot photos for stage one. I think it's time to invite the lovely Laura to lunch at the club and pics on the putting green.

Very interesting about the size comparison with the VooDoo Daddy.  IMO that's a very good size.  Not too big, not too small, but just right. The fitting you folks received is a HUGE plus and yea, I can't wait to see how that all worked out.

I'm really liking the options that are available.  You get the right length, weight, and I suppose even loft/lie angles.  This pretty much assures an individual an opportunity to hole more putts. I'm a believer that even a poor putter of the ball can improve  dramatically with the right putter and proper fit.

Cleveland

The ER2 reminds me of the Scotty squareback and is a putter shape I feel very comfortable with. I'll have to meet up with jlukes to get acquainted with it, as I really like what I hear so far.

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

Great start jlukes! Can't wait to read all of these. I bought an ER5 that should be here Friday so I'll be busting out my Birdieball as well

hcky-  err  -  GS Meyer (looks like I haven't been around for a while)

Did you order yours from the website or find some place to get a fitting? PGA superstore?

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB