TESTERS WANTED! ×

OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - EVNROLL PUTTERS

JBones

So any luck?

Sorry buddy.  There wasn't any SWAG that I noticed and I may have mentioned earlier my phone died as I was trying to take pictures of the ER9 (and others) while at the booth.  And Guerrin was busy doing some sort of video interview while I was there, so it was a fail on all accounts  :wub:

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Sorry buddy. There wasn't any SWAG that I noticed and I may have mentioned earlier my phone died as I was trying to take pictures of the ER9 (and others) while at the booth. And Guerrin was busy doing some sort of video interview while I was there, so it was a fail on all accounts :wub:

He was busy, so it would have an optimal time to put a black ER2 down your pants!

He was busy, so it would have an optimal time to put a black ER2 down your pants!

LOL...No I had one of the other reps hovering over me.  It wasnt' even the cute brunette who originally greeted me when I got to the booth, some dude took over...ha

Well, the ER9 is back in the bag! With the greens prepped for the Club Championship this weekend, it was time to retry the ER9.......so far, so good.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I don't know what else I could say that I didn't ready say in my review.  I have never putted better in my life since getting the ER2.  I literally think I can make everything.  Do I? No, but that is the type of confidence this putter has given me.  I was always a traditional anser or #9 guy, but the ER2 gives me a little more stability while still giving me a classic look down by the ball.

If you're looking for something to compare the ER2 in terms of size, you should be able to find an Odyssey 1 Wide in any typical big golf store.  Very similar head shape

I tried all of the current putters at the PGA Superstore near The Woodlands Monday on my way into Houston. None of them were long enough to start with, they were much lighter than my Edel, and my Edel was more accurate head-to-head. Of the models out, I liked the ER6B best. I'll still try the ER9 when it releases, but I'd definitely have to find a fitter and see if they have a 36” or so to try.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Yeah, I just read through them all again. I really don't like being 7 hours from a reputable golf store. I tried one briefly in Chicago before I got the “where the hell are you text”...

Haha. I game the ER2 over my Custom Scotty Cameron - the one my wife got me as wedding gift, custom stamped with our wedding date on it.

So that should tell you just how good the ER2 is.

Haha. I game the ER2 over my Custom Scotty Cameron - the one my wife got me as wedding gift, custom stamped with our wedding date on it.

So that should tell you just how good the ER2 is.

I see they are out of stock on a lot of them. And the 9 is coming in March, maybe they'll offer black to the public.

Yeah. That's one heck of a wall hanger though. Keep that one for your boy to tell stories about.

I keep contemplating an ER2. I test them out when I am at most wanted testing. I keep threatening to take Sam's. I also like the smaller grip.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

You guys need to convince me that I need the ER2.

Add me to that list as well.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

So for you guys that were chosen and that got to speak with Mr. Rife and get fit over the phone, did you end up liking the choice he made? Would you have ended up with the model he chose by demoing them yourself? Or do you think that was a critical part of the success that you guys are having?

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

So for you guys that were chosen and that got to speak with Mr. Rife and get fit over the phone, did you end up liking the choice he made? Would you have ended up with the model he chose by demoing them yourself? Or do you think that was a critical part of the success that you guys are having?

Good question. I probably would have ended up with the ER5 anyway, as i'm partial to that style head. But hearing him confirm it was certainly confidence inspiring.

For me he nailed the head shape and the fitting. Pretty incredible he could nail the fitting just by asking a series of questions over the phone

For me he nailed the head shape and the fitting. Pretty incredible he could nail the fitting just by asking a series of questions over the phone

So based on the lineup, was his choice the style and shape that you would have ended up with if you were doing it on your own?

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

So based on the lineup, was his choice the style and shape that you would have ended up with if you were doing it on your own?

Well I also told him I liked a traditional shape, but wanted something with a little more stability than the anser blade.  I believe I also mentioned that I am not necessarily a straight back straight through putter.  I think those two things factored into him recommending the ER2.  Without his fitting, I would have never known to drop the loft so much and it makes a ton of sense and i putt such a natural roll on the ball with the 1 degree of loft he suggested

So for the guys that own or tested the evnroll putters, what is you thought on the various debates going on in social media regarding the evnroll grooves influencing the balls direction.

While off center hits may cause the ball to have some left to right or right to left spin I don't think it is significant enough to overcome the forward rotation that starts when the ball hits the ground during its skid phase. Was having a discussion and a point was made that if the correction is made on offcenter hits, wouldn't a ball that was hit online but not in the center curve out of the hole causing me to possibly miss the putt that would have otherwise been made?

After having tested the putters, I am sold on the distance control aspect of the face but can't comprehend the line correction aspect that is often discussed.

I guess I would need to see a straight putt with a putter that is x degrees open to the line have a toe strike and see where the ball ends up. Based on the 1* open face we could say the ball should be x distance to the right of the target line at any point. I the grooves correct I should be consistently inside that line.

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

So for the guys that own or tested the evnroll putters, what is you thought on the various debates going on in social media regarding the evnroll grooves influencing the balls direction.

While off center hits may cause the ball to have some left to right or right to left spin I don't think it is significant enough to overcome the forward rotation that starts when the ball hits the ground during its skid phase. Was having a discussion and a point was made that if the correction is made on offcenter hits, wouldn't a ball that was hit online but not in the center curve out of the hole causing me to possibly miss the putt that would have otherwise been made?

After having tested the putters, I am sold on the distance control aspect of the face but can't comprehend the line correction aspect that is often discussed.

I guess I would need to see a straight putt with a putter that is x degrees open to the line have a toe strike and see where the ball ends up. Based on the 1* open face we could say the ball should be x distance to the right of the target line at any point. I the grooves correct I should be consistently inside that line.

I can't remember if I mentioned it in my review or not.  But in my experience, the biggest benefit of the increased face contact on off center hits was the distance control, as you elude to above.  I honestly can't recall any correction of the line as such.   But all of my testing was done outside on real grass and greens that varied in speed and such, so I'm not sure if that would have had any minimal difference.  But when I purposely missed out on the toe or on the heel, I lost very little in distance and was always still within a very short tap in of sorts on everything, but the longest of putss, such as when I did my 60 foot testing, it might have been 2 or 3 feet short as opposed to inches. 

Watch these videos and see for yourself

Scotty vs TMaG Spider vs ER1

Evnroll ER1 without grooves

vs

Evnroll ER1 With EvnRoll Grooves

Watch these videos and see for yourself

So you have seen this effect personally or are there independent Tests that show the same thing? Call me doubtful but to me the gear effect or turning the ball toward the center seems to defy physics.

I have tried to test it myself and I like the evnroll putters. I think the grooves are the most effective for distance control.but can't say that I can confirm the gear effect.

So you have seen this effect personally or are there independent Tests that show the same thing? Call me doubtful but to me the gear effect or turning the ball toward the center seems to defy physics.

I have tried to test it myself and I like the evnroll putters. I think the grooves are the most effective for distance control.but can't say that I can confirm the gear effect.

I believe The “gearing effect” is from the variable depth grooves (not variable width). The grooves (the actual face) get deeper away from the center which imparts a directional spin towards the center of the path.

I have the ER2 since March 2017 and by far the best putter in distance and direction control of any putter I've ever had over past 25 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like I mentioned in my review, I don't think people will be able to roll a few putts with the Evnroll and clearly see the technology.  But over time, your putting will get better - and the tech is a part of that.

And the videos I posted are clearly unedited - so if those aren't good enough for you, I don't know what to tell you.

It is amazing that consumers taking all this iron and driver tech at face value, but the moment someone shows they have something unique with putter tech, it becomes questionable. 

And as far as independent testing goes - aren't you part of the MGS Most Wanted tests? The same tests the ER2 has one 2 years in a row?  Again, I don't think youl will see the technology from putt to putt - it's not like this ball is curving across the green - but over time the results and data will speak for themselves

I believe The “gearing effect” is from the variable depth grooves (not variable width). The grooves (the actual face) get deeper away from the center which imparts a directional spin towards the center of the path.

I have the ER2 since March 2017 and by far the best putter in distance and direction control of any putter I've ever had over past 25 years

Guess it is my skeptic nature and wanting to understand how the depth imparts enough spin to overcome the friction that starts and end over end spin.

A balls direction is influenced by two things...face angle and the putters path at impact. General numbers show that face angle has about 83% and path 17%. For the test we are seeing no variation in path for any of the strikes. Since all the tests are showing the that the ball is being moved so at impact the putter is approaching square at impact. Since off center strikes have a tendency to twist the face open or closed at impact the reason for the left/right dispersion is due to this twisting. Higher moi putters would twist less at impact and would in theory be closer to the target line than a lower MOI putter. I could also potentially reduce the twist with the shaft to help with dispersion.

If we go with the theory that the depth of the grooves are in fact moving the ball closer to the target line by initially launching the ball left or right prior to the forward roll there is also potentially an increase in dispersion. Just as a player struggles to control where we impact the ball we also lack consistency in controlling the face angle and path. This would mean that by having the face angle open or closed with an off center hit would potentially move the ball away from the hole if in fact it does change the balls path.

Based on that evaluation and since 2 (path and face angle )of the 3 (contact point ) variables were kept constant, I would expect that some balls would be closer to the hole and some farther away based on the variable depth groves.

Guess it is my skeptic nature and wanting to understand how the depth imparts enough spin to overcome the friction that starts and end over end spin.

A balls direction is influenced by two things...face angle and the putters path at impact. General numbers show that face angle has about 83% and path 17%. For the test we are seeing no variation in path for any of the strikes. Since all the tests are showing the that the ball is being moved so at impact the putter is approaching square at impact. Since off center strikes have a tendency to twist the face open or closed at impact the reason for the left/right dispersion is due to this twisting. Higher moi putters would twist less at impact and would in theory be closer to the target line than a lower MOI putter. I could also potentially reduce the twist with the shaft to help with dispersion.

If we go with the theory that the depth of the grooves are in fact moving the ball closer to the target line by initially launching the ball left or right prior to the forward roll there is also potentially an increase in dispersion. Just as a player struggles to control where we impact the ball we also lack consistency in controlling the face angle and path. This would mean that by having the face angle open or closed with an off center hit would potentially move the ball away from the hole if in fact it does change the balls path.

Based on that evaluation and since 2 (path and face angle )of the 3 (contact point ) variables were kept constant, I would expect that some balls would be closer to the hole and some farther away based on the variable depth groves.

Absolutely. Just as though bulge and roll has an impact on drives. If I close the club face and hit it on the toe, then the technology is actually going to hurt me more than it helps.

However, the majority of the time the technology is going to help. If that wasn't the case, the technology would not be a mainstay in every single driver, fairway and hybrid on the market.

Same applies here.