TESTERS WANTED! ×

OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - EVNROLL PUTTERS

JBones

And as far as independent testing goes - aren't you part of the MGS Most Wanted tests? The same tests the ER2 has one 2 years in a row? Again, I don't think youl will see the technology from putt to putt - it's not like this ball is curving across the green - but over time the results and data will speak for themselves

Yep, I am on of the reviewers and I fully buy into the distance control aspect. With all of the discussion on this topic lately I am just trying to wrap my mind around the concept. Guess I like to understand the claims before I accept them. This is part of the reason I like being part of the tests, I can actually see how the claims pan out head to head. And for what it's worth the evnroll wasn't my top putter.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Yep, I am on of the reviewers and I fully buy into the distance control aspect. With all of the discussion on this topic lately I am just trying to wrap my mind around the concept. Guess I like to understand the claims before I accept them. This is part of the reason I like being part of the tests, I can actually see how the claims pan out head to head. And for what it's worth the evnroll wasn't my top putter.

Without making this more convoluted, was your top putter a tech or no tech putter? I would be intrigued to hear that answer. 

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Also, I am about 99% sure I am purchasing an ER 1.2 for the start of the season. Perfect combo for me.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Without making this more convoluted, was your top putter a tech or no tech putter? I would be intrigued to hear that answer.

I think last year it would be considered no tech it was the Huntington Beach #1. This year Cleveland has introduced new grooves.

In all honesty my questions/comments are purely about understanding. I believe and have seen the distance control features. I will in all likelihood purchase an evnroll putter for myself. I roll Golfspy Sams whenever I go for my testing sessions.

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I think last year it would be considered no tech it was the Huntington Beach #1. This year Cleveland has introduced new grooves.

In all honesty my questions/comments are purely about understanding. I believe and have seen the distance control features. I will in all likelihood purchase an evnroll putter for myself. I roll Golfspy Sams whenever I go for my testing sessions.

I don't think there is anything wrong at all with your questions! Asking questions is how we learn and grow. Without questions life becomes stagnant. 

My statement about convolution was alluding to a larger overall question that I think bears asking and answering.

I understand that the consensus statement provided from MGS is that generally speaking each of us would benefit in performance when comparing tech vs no tech on a putter. From a statistical standpoint, I understand that it is able to be quantified using strokes gained that comparing tech vs no tech (say evnroll vs scotty cameron) in a GENERAL sense the Evnroll will outperform the Scotty consistently and over the course of a season lead to a lower net putt count over the Scotty. I understand that.

My question lies in this. When you apply the individual golfer to the equation does this statement change? Do we each bring individual overriding factors that make one type of putter (tech or no tech) perform better for us than another? If that ISN'T the answer, then how can we not apply a blanket statement to the golfing population that every one of us should use the best performing tech equipped putter bar none? How could the Huntington beach #1 outperform the Evnroll for you personally, but yet statistically be the best putter for everyone?

I am not saying those are the statements that are being made. I am simply stating the conclusions that are easy to come to from the idea that has been presented, and trying to frame it in a way that can lead to a positive discussion.

Am I missing something?

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

I don't think there is anything wrong at all with your questions! Asking questions is how we learn and grow. Without questions life becomes stagnant.

My statement about convolution was alluding to a larger overall question that I think bears asking and answering.

I understand that the consensus statement provided from MGS is that generally speaking each of us would benefit in performance when comparing tech vs no tech on a putter. From a statistical standpoint, I understand that it is able to be quantified using strokes gained that comparing tech vs no tech (say evnroll vs scotty cameron) in a GENERAL sense the Evnroll will outperform the Scotty consistently and over the course of a season lead to a lower net putt count over the Scotty. I understand that.

My question lies in this. When you apply the individual golfer to the equation does this statement change? Do we each bring individual overriding factors that make one type of putter (tech or no tech) perform better for us than another? If that ISN'T the answer, then how can we not apply a blanket statement to the golfing population that every one of us should use the best performing tech equipped putter bar none? How could the Huntington beach #1 outperform the Evnroll for you personally, but yet statistically be the best putter for everyone?

I am not saying those are the statements that are being made. I am simply stating the conclusions that are easy to come to from the idea that has been presented, and trying to frame it in a way that can lead to a positive discussion.

Am I missing something?

I have my thoughts related to your post, but i think it will end up being fairly long so I will respond when I get home and have a full keyboard and bigger screen to use.

Do you guys think we could start a new thread to talk about this?  I think it is a fascinating and very important topic, but it might be best to get it's own thread so we don't take the Evnroll thread too far off track

Agreed. Should have it's own place.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

So you have seen this effect personally or are there independent Tests that show the same thing? Call me doubtful but to me the gear effect or turning the ball toward the center seems to defy physics.

I have tried to test it myself and I like the evnroll putters. I think the grooves are the most effective for distance control.but can't say that I can confirm the gear effect.

I had a busy work week, haven't been following this at all. How did we get down THIS rabbit hole? I never took the testing results to imply that an Evnroll putter imparted spin onto the golf ball.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

I had a busy work week, haven't been following this at all. How did we get down THIS rabbit hole? I never took the testing results to imply that an Evnroll putter imparted spin onto the golf ball.

Lots of twitter, facebook, and instagram posts.

Lots of twitter, facebook, and instagram posts.

Definitely saw some of the Twitter “attacks” I'll call them.

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Sorry just noticing this.

I don't know that I'm astute enough to say if my direction control is improved. Distance control beyond a doubt but whose to say whether I'm getting a benefit in direction control. I'm imprecise at reading putts and getting them started on line. It's often dumb luck when I hole a longer one.

I can pretend that I read it that way with the best of them but trust me, I didn't. 🤭

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Just a word to all.

My ER6 is back in the bag. I have been putting very well with it this past week.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 1 month later...

Thinking of getting the ER2 CS. Has anyone gamed this one?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Driver: Taylormade M2 - Fujikura Pro 60

3 Wood: Taylormade M1 - Graphite Design BB-6X

Irons: Srixon Z745  5-PW - UST Recoils 110

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 3  54,60* - UST Recoils 125

Putter: Cleveland Elevado CB

Ball: Vice Pro

I played today without my ER2 which is still getting refinished. My God did I miss it. I never want to play a round of golf without it again.

Hey Joe, where did you get it refinished. My ER6 has some damage to the corners..

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Hey Joe, where did you get it refinished. My ER6 has some damage to the corners..

Mine is currently with Kyle at The Golf Garage (contact him through instagram or facebook), though he has a heavy backlog right now and you might want to ask him what the turnaround time would be for what you are looking for.

LabWorxGolf  (http://www.labworxgolf.com/) is the other one you should consider using - I know they do great work and have done work for MGS over the last few years.

I think it's just been released within the last few weeks so I haven't seen anyone with one yet

Yeah i believe it is very new. Need that in my bag

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Driver: Taylormade M2 - Fujikura Pro 60

3 Wood: Taylormade M1 - Graphite Design BB-6X

Irons: Srixon Z745  5-PW - UST Recoils 110

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 3  54,60* - UST Recoils 125

Putter: Cleveland Elevado CB

Ball: Vice Pro

Just wondering if anyone has been using them, they sound like a game changer. Let me know your thoughts and experiences with them.

Thank

Adams Speedline 4G ultralite driver stiff shaft

Taylormade SLDR driver extra stiff shaft

Ping G20 3 wood stiff shaft

Adams redline 3&4 hybrids stiff shaft

Adams redline 5-PW stiff shaft

Titleist Vokey sm5 wedges 52, 56, 60

Boccieri golf Heavy putter

Just wondering if anyone has been using them, they sound like a game changer. Let me know your thoughts and experiences with them.

Thank

Check the forum reviews there is a lot of great feedback in there :)

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/17696-official-forum-member-review-evnroll-putters/

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Thank

Lots of different threads about them here. I personally use the ER2 and its great! It benched 2 different Scotty's that had done some good work for me in the past

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Thank

Yep. I have an ER2 that I like quite well. Is it a game changer? Nope. I do make a few more putts than I used to, and I love the quality "feel" of it. So................. take that for what it's worth.

ER1 user here. Staying in the bag...

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Thanks guys I'm thinking about getting the centre shaft version, my putting has been horrible. I'm hoping that I just need something fresh to spruce up my play around the greens

Adams redline 3&4 hybrids stiff shaft

Adams redline 5-PW stiff shaft

Titleist Vokey sm5 wedges 52, 56, 60

Boccieri golf Heavy putter

Just bumped the main thread and linked you to my stage 2 review in it

Thanks I'll take look.