TESTERS WANTED! ×

OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - EVNROLL PUTTERS

JBones

If an EVNROLL gives you more confidence in putting because of the "technology", then I would be at a B&M as soon as it opens to purchase.  Confidence is the key in putting.  

:callaway-small:  Epic Flash SZ 9o w/ Ventus 6X

:callaway-small:  Rogue 4wd w/ ATMOS Red 7X

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20o w/ ATMOS Blue 7S tipped 1"

:mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour 4i - PW (standard lofts) Rifle

:titelist-small:  SM6 51o, 59o, SM7 55o   

:titelist-small:  2019 ProV1x

:tp-mills-1: Custom Ming

Did you guys all find it more consistent? How do you find off centre strikes, that would be the biggest factor for me to jump on board. I'm sure like anything else I'll have to go to putter fitting and see what I walk away with.

Adams Speedline 4G ultralite driver stiff shaft

Taylormade SLDR driver extra stiff shaft

Ping G20 3 wood stiff shaft

Adams redline 3&4 hybrids stiff shaft

Adams redline 5-PW stiff shaft

Titleist Vokey sm5 wedges 52, 56, 60

Boccieri golf Heavy putter

Did you guys all find it more consistent? How do you find off centre strikes, that would be the biggest factor for me to jump on board. I'm sure like anything else I'll have to go to putter fitting and see what I walk away with.

It isn't a silver bullet, and won't cure all putting woes. But my Er2 will likely never leave my bag.

If the technology works as great as my mind thinks it does, or if I just putt better knowing that there is technology in it to help, I don't know.

But I make more 8-15 foot putts then I ever have. I find it incredibly consistent, soft and reliable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

Just wondering if anyone has been using them, they sound like a game changer. Let me know your thoughts and experiences with them.

Thank

Hey I merged your thread with the official one because two concurrent, duplicate conversations are clunky and you might miss some of the best bits.

Literally anything you could need to know is in here. The reviewers did a bang-up job in their evaluations and you should be able to weigh the pros and cons transparently.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Some people like drivers, some irons, but I am a putter person. I like to try any putter I can put in my hands. As one of the Most Wanted Testers for MGS I have the opportunity to roll lots of putters and make my own assessments.

I will caveat the following statements by saying not all the putters I test are appropriate for my stroke. I feel like putters with groove technology lon Ping, Evnroll, and Cleveland putters does help me have better consistency with distance control and dispersion. I think that there is more to finding the right putter than just face technology. For example, my technique works better when I use a low lofted putter. During the testing of an evnroll putter I had the opportunity to test a model with I think 3* and 1.5* of loft. The 1.5* model gave me the same grouping but a noticeably better roll. I also think that while ping and Cleveland have groove technology the evnroll face is a better implementation. Ping would be my second choice.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I have really enjoyed reading all of the reviews here. The one thing that I see continually popping up is that the evnroll has been invoking more confidence in your putting. I've never been a great putter and usually have a couple three putts per round and average around 31-32 putts.

Even though I'm around a 5 handicap I rarely birdie that many holes. Average about one a round. I hit a lot of greens in reg but distance to hole sometimes is lengthy.

I've had a Scotty Cameron pro platinum in the bag about 8 years and would be interested in the evnroll but what I struggle with is that the company does not have many options for left handers like myself. I get that we are a small amount but I don't understand how any kind of traditional blade putter isn't available.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

I have really enjoyed reading all of the reviews here. The one thing that I see continually popping up is that the evnroll has been invoking more confidence in your putting. I've never been a great putter and usually have a couple three putts per round and average around 31-32 putts.

Even though I'm around a 5 handicap I rarely birdie that many holes. Average about one a round. I hit a lot of greens in reg but distance to hole sometimes is lengthy.

I've had a Scotty Cameron pro platinum in the bag about 8 years and would be interested in the evnroll but what I struggle with is that the company does not have many options for left handers like myself. I get that we are a small amount but I don't understand how any kind of traditional blade putter isn't available.

Check their website, because the just released a traditional plumbers neck putter! it's called the 1.2! Edit: Sorry I just realized you said you were lefty!

https://evnroll.com/er1-2-blade.html/

31-32 putts per round with lots of greens hit isn't a bad number. I think you need to look at the make percentages for pros. Why do you 3 putt? Do you mishit the ball a lot? Bad green reading? Can start the ball online?

Unfortunately supply and demand limit the availability for those of you that are lefties. All you can do is check on the evnroll website or constant then to see what is available.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Guys like Willy are Evnroll's best best to break into pro bags. Srixon staffers don't have a putter to play so they can roll anything. I wonder if they pay a stipend for pros that finish well?

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

I have one major complaint about my ER2. The head cover sucks. It looks good and all, but it barely fits the club. I think it was made for a regular blade size, the extended flange on the er2(and I would presume er3) makes it a tight squeeze. And causes the ball mark to barely cling on.

That's it. The actual putter is my favorite club in the bag and in 30 years of golf that is the first time I can say that. The thing has eradicated 3 putts. And added the 20 foot makes that I used to rarely get.

I have converted 2 Scotty players in the last few weeks.

WITB:

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

I have one major complaint about my ER2. The head cover sucks. It looks good and all, but it barely fits the club. I think it was made for a regular blade size, the extended flange on the er2(and I would presume er3) makes it a tight squeeze. And causes the ball mark to barely cling on.

That's it. The actual putter is my favorite club in the bag and in 30 years of golf that is the first time I can say that. The thing has eradicated 3 putts. And added the 20 foot makes that I used to rarely get.

I have converted 2 Scotty players in the last few weeks.

I definitely find it snug, but it's really well made and the club definitely fits in it. I found it loosened up over time and it became easier to get on. Love how strong the magnet enclosure is.

I definitely find it snug, but it's really well made and the club definitely fits in it. I found it loosened up over time and it became easier to get on. Love how strong the magnet enclosure is.

It's probably the most well-made OEM headcover I've seen, especially in regards to the magnetic enclosure. However, the ball marker magnet is weak sauce and I lost it on my ER7 and ER2 like 1 or 2 rounds in.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I am still using it, even though a have a black clover one that fits like a dream.

And the build quality is amazing, it's just slightly too small. I have the same complaint with the G400 Max, they have it the same head covers as the rest of the G400's so it doesn't really fit.

WITB:

Haha yeah I got a replacement ball marker and superglued it to the cover

Problem solved just ordered a MGS cover

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Wow, that's sexy!

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Is it a mirror chrome finish? I couldn't tell on Instagram, but seeing it on my monitor now, it looks even better

Is it a mirror chrome finish? I couldn't tell on Instagram, but seeing it on my monitor now, it looks even better

No it's a black Diamond Like Carbon.  The way the light hits it makes it look more chrome than it actually is.  Definitely more of a black.  Let me see if I can get a different picture

No it's a black Diamond Like Carbon.  The way the light hits it makes it look more chrome than it actually is.  Definitely more of a black.  Let me see if I can get a different picture

Ah, the picture of the sole makes it look mirror esque. Like a black car with no swirls/marring and a nice coat of wax.

Ah, the picture of the sole makes it look mirror esque. Like a black car with no swirls/marring and a nice coat of wax.

It has a little shine to it.

Here's a picture I just took. It's definitely a grey/black smoke which is exactly what I wanted. Makes for great contrast on the black paintfill.

I'll be starting a new thread in a few days about my refinishing experience. IMG_20180425_153846.jpeg

It has a little shine to it.

Here's a picture I just took. It's definitely a grey/black smoke which is exactly what I wanted. Makes for great contrast on the black paintfill.

I'll be starting a new thread in a few days about my refinishing experience. attachicon.gifIMG_20180425_153846.jpeg

Ah, yeah I see what you mean now -- when the light hits it in certain angles it definitely shines, but overall it's pretty tough looking/murdered out. I've been strongly considering getting mine redone since I last mentioned that I've been getting BLINDED by the sun while standing over putts. A G400 paintjob on my ER2 to match my driver sounds like a no-brainer ;)

Here's my current putter take. I was an EVNROLL Tester and previous to that I gamed a Ping Ketsch. Because the EVNROLL ER6 is counterbalanced with a 30 grm weight(as my putter is 33" and has a 285 grm head), my new Arccos sensor does not fit the grip causing me to go with the Ketsch until my new EVNROLL replacement grip arrives. The newer replacement grip is heavier and does not require the counterbalance weight. As far as I can tell, the Ping grooves work well, especially on the long rolls. Remember, Ping was sued by G.R. as their grooves infringed on his patented EVNROLL technology. That's when Ping recalled the Ketsch and reissued it, albeit, a little different groove. Mine is the original and rolls very well. Given the circumstances, I prefer the ER6 to the Ketsch.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I'll be starting a new thread in a few days about my refinishing experience. attachicon.gifIMG_20180425_153846.jpeg

You mean about your refinishing epic quest of grandeur?

WITB:

First round of the year with my beloved ER2 in the bag and it was like riding a bike. I just can't believe how well I putt with it. I just have confidence standing over everything with the ER2. When I played with my Scotty newport a week and a half half ago that confidence just wasn't there.

Again, I'm taking this putter to the grave with me

Hit the ER2 and loved it.....just bought the ER3 and will try it out when it arrives tomorrow and share my thoughts. If I don't like it as much as the ER2, I'll trade in. Stay tuned!

Driver:  :callaway-small: Great Big Bertha

Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 2

Wedges: PXG, Callaway Mack Daddy 3

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpgER3

I guess I've been asleep but I have never tried this with my beloved ER2, does it actually make a difference? Something unique with Evnroll, or applicable to any putter?

I do it. I can't measurably say I notice a difference, but I've never putted better in my life. The alignment, combined with the speed/distance control and my ability to read a break properly, has helped me make more putts than I ever have. Putting is now a strength of my game.

For me I can't point directly to the alignment dots, but they are part of the complete package that makes me better