OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - EVNROLL PUTTERS

Our Sponsors

Is it a mirror chrome finish? I couldn't tell on Instagram, but seeing it on my monitor now, it looks even better

• Like 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 65S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :taylormade-small:TP5

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

jlukes's Stage 2 Review     When I first got the private message about being selected to test an Evnroll putter, I was a bit confused.  The message from the MGS staff asked for my name, email add

EVNROLL Putter Review ​By Kevin R. Loughran (RevKev)   ​​​Stage One -   Meet the Rev.     Yes I am the Senior Pastor of a Lutheran Church in St. Petersburg, Florida and I have the Shee

Stage 3: Follow UP   Well, the EVNRoll is still in my bag....I gave it a short vacation recently (one round) then put it back in. I did that for comparison sake and I choose the E6 EVNRoll.   Two

Posted Images

Is it a mirror chrome finish? I couldn't tell on Instagram, but seeing it on my monitor now, it looks even better

No it's a black Diamond Like Carbon.  The way the light hits it makes it look more chrome than it actually is.  Definitely more of a black.  Let me see if I can get a different picture

• Like 1

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

No it's a black Diamond Like Carbon.  The way the light hits it makes it look more chrome than it actually is.  Definitely more of a black.  Let me see if I can get a different picture

Ah, the picture of the sole makes it look mirror esque. Like a black car with no swirls/marring and a nice coat of wax.

• Like 2

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Ah, the picture of the sole makes it look mirror esque. Like a black car with no swirls/marring and a nice coat of wax.

It has a little shine to it.

Here's a picture I just took. It's definitely a grey/black smoke which is exactly what I wanted. Makes for great contrast on the black paintfill.

I'll be starting a new thread in a few days about my refinishing experience. IMG_20180425_153846.jpeg

• Like 8

It has a little shine to it.

Here's a picture I just took. It's definitely a grey/black smoke which is exactly what I wanted. Makes for great contrast on the black paintfill.

I'll be starting a new thread in a few days about my refinishing experience. attachicon.gifIMG_20180425_153846.jpeg

Ah, yeah I see what you mean now -- when the light hits it in certain angles it definitely shines, but overall it's pretty tough looking/murdered out. I've been strongly considering getting mine redone since I last mentioned that I've been getting BLINDED by the sun while standing over putts. A G400 paintjob on my ER2 to match my driver sounds like a no-brainer ;)

• Like 1

Here's my current putter take. I was an EVNROLL Tester and previous to that I gamed a Ping Ketsch. Because the EVNROLL ER6 is counterbalanced with a 30 grm weight(as my putter is 33" and has a 285 grm head), my new Arccos sensor does not fit the grip causing me to go with the Ketsch until my new EVNROLL replacement grip arrives. The newer replacement grip is heavier and does not require the counterbalance weight. As far as I can tell, the Ping grooves work well, especially on the long rolls. Remember, Ping was sued by G.R. as their grooves infringed on his patented EVNROLL technology. That's when Ping recalled the Ketsch and reissued it, albeit, a little different groove. Mine is the original and rolls very well. Given the circumstances, I prefer the ER6 to the Ketsch.

• Like 7

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

I'll be starting a new thread in a few days about my refinishing experience. attachicon.gifIMG_20180425_153846.jpeg

You mean about your refinishing epic quest of grandeur?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 19.5° Utility

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i

Wedges:  :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

First round of the year with my beloved ER2 in the bag and it was like riding a bike. I just can't believe how well I putt with it. I just have confidence standing over everything with the ER2. When I played with my Scotty newport a week and a half half ago that confidence just wasn't there.

Again, I'm taking this putter to the grave with me

• Like 8

Hit the ER2 and loved it.....just bought the ER3 and will try it out when it arrives tomorrow and share my thoughts. If I don't like it as much as the ER2, I'll trade in. Stay tuned!

• Like 3

Driver:  :callaway-small: Great Big Bertha

Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 2

Wedges: PXG, Callaway Mack Daddy 3

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpgER3

I guess I've been asleep but I have never tried this with my beloved ER2, does it actually make a difference? Something unique with Evnroll, or applicable to any putter?

I do it. I can't measurably say I notice a difference, but I've never putted better in my life. The alignment, combined with the speed/distance control and my ability to read a break properly, has helped me make more putts than I ever have. Putting is now a strength of my game.

For me I can't point directly to the alignment dots, but they are part of the complete package that makes me better

• Like 1

I guess I've been asleep but I have never tried this with my beloved ER2, does it actually make a difference? Something unique with Evnroll, or applicable to any putter?

I'm not a believer/subscriber to intentionally hitting more towards the heel or toe for breaking putts. I do use the dots on my ER2 for lie angle consistency at setup though.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 (7.25*) - Tensei AV Raw White 65 X Tipped 1.5" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T1 Position

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi3 (13.5) - Tensei AV Raw White 70 X Tipped 1" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T Position

Driving Iron: :titelist-small: U500 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke (X)

Irons (4-6) :titelist-small: T100S - KBS C-Taper X-Stiff

Irons (7-P) :titelist-small: 620 MB - KBS C-Taper X Stiff

Wedges: QAJzq7h.jpg SM7 Jet Black 50.F.12 / 55.S.11 / 60.M.08 - X100

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpgBlack ER2 (Finish Courtesy of NorCal Putters) - :P2-grips-logo: Aware Tour

Bag:  :titelist-small: Hybrid 14

Glove:  Under Armour Strikeskin Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1 Yellow #3

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Instagram: @dpattgolf

I do it. I can't measurably say I notice a difference, but I've never putted better in my life. The alignment, combined with the speed/distance control and my ability to read a break properly, has helped me make more putts than I ever have. Putting is now a strength of my game.

For me I can't point directly to the alignment dots, but they are part of the complete package that makes me better

I also do it. I still miss on the low side sometimes but for me it's more about tricking that muscle between my ears.

Finally got to play a couple rounds with my ER3 and have to say I love it. The alignment dots really worked well for me. Any shot going L-R or R-L was lined up and rolled true. Maybe it's an internal mind trick, but it doesn't matter as it worked on the course. Throughout my round I either one or two putted, and the biggest difference to me was how good my misses were. I was missing 20ft putts by a couple inches or at worst by 2-3 feet. On a day where my driver was erratic as hell, the ER3 saved me a lot of strokes. The speed felt good and I was playing on a very tricky putting green at La Gorce in Miami. For now I'm using the standard grip, which is a departure from the fatter Super Stroke grips I had been using, but I haven't had any issues, as I naturally use a pendulum motion and don't get too handsy with my putters.

I had no issues from inside of 5 feet, and I can't wait to dive deeper into practicing with this club. It's my first time using a blade putter in 7+ years, and I really don't think I'll ever look back to using mallets again. I just feel very in control with this in my hands. I played with my brother, who is a Spider JDay loyalist, and even he had to remark how well I was putting (thought I couldn't get him to try it). 

Putters are obviously very personal and to each his own, but I have to say the ER3 (and ER2) are definitely worth trying out. The design also makes it easy to pick up a ball quickly for any gimmes (yes I'll take those thank you).

I bought the club directly from EVNROLL and though it took longer than I would have liked to get to me, everything arrived intact. I really love the blade cover, as it's extremely well made and has a nice magnetic ball marker attached to it. It's convenient and gets me in my *new habit of keeping my putter covered whenever I'm not using it. I'm definitely going to go out of my way to make sure this thing avoids unnecessary nicks and scratches, as it's a beautiful stick. 

Happy to answer any questions and I'll keep you updated if I learn any more about the club, or rather myself using it. Unboxing pictures below:

5p_MJS2j_SNKlbj_PRYZFr_VQ.jpg

JA2b_ksx_TMqz_CCHci6zg_Ng.jpg

fullsizeoutput_6689.jpg

Go_Ln0o_Z2_Q06n_Ic_Hu_Qjxp_Q.jpg

• Like 4

Driver:  :callaway-small: Great Big Bertha

Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 2

Wedges: PXG, Callaway Mack Daddy 3

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpgER3

^^ Those slick magnetic ball markers have come up missing for a lot of Evnroll buyers. When I saw how sad some others were having lost their ER ball marker, I put mine in my golf bag preemptively, and keep it in my pocket for use while playing. FWIW. I suspect ER can replace them at some cost, but I didn't want to find out.

You can buy replacements on their website, 1 for $5 or 3 for $10...

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 19.5° Utility

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i

Wedges:  :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

You can buy replacements on their website, 1 for $5 or 3 for $10...

Buy yourself a 3 pack, or do like @jlukes and super glue it on. I lost it on my ER7 and ER2

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

DQOTD: I can see the difference in shape/geometry, but is there an intended performance difference between the ER7 and ER8? Or is it just visual with little or no difference in performance. I kinda like the ER8 looks better but I like the three alignment stripes on the ER7 and it seems to have sold better from what I can tell.

Spec wise they are near identical so I would say that its just a difference in visuals

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 (7.25*) - Tensei AV Raw White 65 X Tipped 1.5" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T1 Position

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi3 (13.5) - Tensei AV Raw White 70 X Tipped 1" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T Position

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpgBlack ER2 (Finish Courtesy of NorCal Putters) - :P2-grips-logo: Aware Tour

As far as I can tell the ER7 is just deeper front to back than the ER8, and obviously the sole cutouts on the ER7. But I see the weights are the same. Just wondering if Evnroll intended one to play differently than the other, or just offering two looks to capture buyers.

Can't answer specifically for Envroll but I would imagine that it is the latter.

• Like 1

As far as I can tell the ER7 is just deeper front to back than the ER8, and obviously the sole cutouts on the ER7. But I see the weights are the same. Just wondering if Evnroll intended one to play differently than the other, or just offering two looks to capture buyers.

I think the 7 looks more like a 2-ball, so people who like that look would probably prefer to look down at that shape over the 8.

^^ I think I like the look of the ER8 over the other ER mallets, but I hope to try them side by side one day. Unfortunately where the nearest PGA Superstore had a good selection of Evnroll putters last year, the selection is slim this year. As much as I want to believe otherwise, having your product (putters or other) in the hands of tour pros week in and week out makes a huge difference. It's a shame, I think Evnroll putters are special, but without more tour exposure I suspect they may never be nearly as successful as Scotty, PING, Odyssey, etc. And Evnroll prices are awfully high for a company that doesn't have endorsements in their costs.

I don't mind the price point. It's well made and 100% milled. In addition, you get the groove tech. Tour pros will come around eventually I'm sure. Maybe JT should grab one so he doesn't have to keep borrowing Rickies putter.

• Like 1

I think Evnroll is doing the right thing and growing at a sustainable rate. Rife learned his lessons from his previous putter company (you can read that story on MGS) and is seeding slowly and allowing the business to grow organically.

• Like 3