JBones

OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - EVNROLL PUTTERS

Great start jlukes! Can't wait to read all of these. I bought an ER5 that should be here Friday so I'll be busting out my Birdieball as well

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Great start jlukes! Can't wait to read all of these. I bought an ER5 that should be here Friday so I'll be busting out my Birdieball as well

Thanks dude! I have mine set up right next to all of the new baby stuff in our living room. I might put ruts in the birdieball I'm going to be using it so much! Already have one round in the books with the ER2 in the bag and I'm itching to share my feedback with everyone.

Really great stuff Joe. Fantastic photos as well. Camera phone or real camera? You set a high bar. I've got a little bit to finish on my Stagw 1 and will have it up tomorrow.

• Like 1

Really great stuff Joe. Fantastic photos as well. Camera phone or real camera? You set a high bar. I've got a little bit to finish on my Stagw 1 and will have it up tomorrow.

Thanks dude! Canon dslr! I actually just got a flash so future pics should be even better
  • Like 1

Great Stage 1 jlukes! Envious of that putter, love the squareback style head.

Can't wait to read Stage 2.

• Like 1

Dayuuummmmm Joe, you're pretty darn good with your pre review comments. Looking forward to following along for the rest of the ride

• Like 1

Really appreciate the feedback everyone! Doing my best to take these reviews to the highest level possible

• Like 1

Great start guys! I can't wait to see how they perform. As someone who's been searching for the "right putter" for the last 20 years or so, I'm definitely intrigued by this one.

• Like 2

Awesome CG2, putter look great!!

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

Thanks 808...appreciate that.  I'll have a lot more pics during the Stage 2 review. 

Great job on Stage One Foz and Hula.  I'm envious of both of you for your locale..ha    Foz that's quite some history, and I too miss the Clickity Clack of the spikes on the concrete as I walked from the clubhouse to the first tee!!

• Like 2

Rob very interesting biography of your golfing career and looking forward to your time on the course with your ER5.  I'll be following your review closely as I'm a mallet man myself so this should be quite entertaining.  Well done buddy.

• Like 1

Rob very interesting biography of your golfing career and looking forward to your time on the course with your ER5. I'll be following your review closely as I'm a mallet man myself so this should be quite entertaining. Well done buddy.

Thanks Bill and Thanks for bit calling me Bob. Ha

It's definitely been an interesting journey and frustrating as well.

What i neglected to add was I was also the 6th man on a 5 man High School team. true enough, I got to practice with the team bit never played

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great job on Stage One Foz and Hula. I'm envious of both of you for your locale..ha Foz that's quite some history, and I too miss the Clickity Clack of the spikes on the concrete as I walked from the clubhouse to the first tee!!

Thanks "kakalaki" "Bob". You have pretty interesting story yoirself! I'm interested in your thoughts on the EVNroll.

• Like 1

Thanks "kakalaki" "Bob". You have pretty interesting story yoirself! I'm interested in your thoughts on the EVNroll.

I've been called a lot of things over the years. Not sure intersting was ever one of the, But thanks!!

• Like 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Bob Ried

• By j.murraygolf
      Breakthrough Golf Stability Putter shaft. 
      uncut 
      $175/shipped 

• By GolfSpy Dave
      Dave's Take: Cigar Product Review Compendium
      Follow the links below to the various cigar accessories that I have reviewed. Feel free to ask any questions about the products in this thread, or in the original product threads.
      Xikar VX-2 V-Cut Cutter

Xikar Tactical Triple Torch Lighter

Xikar XFlame Electronic Cigar Lighter

Palio Triple Torch Lighter and Cutter

Xikar HP4 Quad Jet Lighter

Xikar Turrin Single Torch Lighter

Xikar XO Double Guillotine Cutter

Xikar Travel Humidor

Xikar 19th Hole Gift Set

The Cigar Minder Clip

Bettinardi Milled Cigar Tray

Mantello Catador Torch Lighter

Alaska Bear Antique Copper Cigar Cutter

Stay tuned for more great cigar products, and if you find something worthy of taking a look at, shoot me a PM. -Dave

• By Ryan Pb
      Have been going through a complete overhaul of my bag the last 2 seasons. 
      Have upgraded Driver, 3 wood (both Cobra)
      irons just this year with some custom fit M5s
      now looking to upgrade wedges and putters
      Im about a 13 handicap. But have been always been a better than average putter. 
      Looking for a new Blade style putter. Read the recent testing review article but just wanted to see if anyone had any personal recommendations or feed back. 
      Wedges I am open to anything although I have been playing with a 56 and 60 degree last few years. 
      Thanks for reading and look forward to hearing what you guys have to say. 
    • By Djnz
      Hi All.
      First off let me say I am a new member 🙂 This site was recommended to be my a member at  my golf club (Templeton Golf Club) and I must say it has been a wealth of knowledge.
      So in saying that here is a shout out to NunfaO bloody good bugger for a lefty 😉
      Right so anyway! I was using an older Odyssey 7 putter when our local pro noticed that my swing was not very consistent hence why I was leaving putts short or hitting them 6 feet past....so we worked together to change my putting stroke.
      Honestly this was the best and worst thing to go through but once I got comfortable with the new path and grip change it felt amazing. However my Odyssey 7 putter on the other hand felt like a foreign object and I could not hole anything over 2 feet.
      This is when I discovered the Odyssey Stroke Lab 1 and man it was love at first sight! Let's just say the wife is lucky I do not put this putter between us at night 😉
      Here is some putter info:
      Multi-material Stroke Lab Shaft for Innovative Weight Distribution
      Tip-heavy graphite and steel shaft saves 40 grams* that’s relocated into each end of the putter to change performance dynamics.
      Slightly Stiffer and Lower Torque for Increased Control
      The Stroke Lab shaft is slightly stiffer and lower torque compared to standard putter shafts for to better control the slightly heavier head.
      Sole Weights and Grip Weight for a Smooth and Accurate Stroke
      Additional weight in the sole and butt-end of the grip change the putter’s dynamics to help golfers consistently repeat a smoother and more accurate stroke.
      White Hot Microhinge Face Insert for a Great Feel and Smooth Roll
      Combines legendary White Hot feel with dozens of microhinges embedded across the face that promote topspin for smooth roll and acute distance control.
      This putter gives me 100% confidence when facing any putt. A combination of the blade style, sole weights and my adjusted swing path has meant my average putts per round has dropped so I am super happy. If you are in the market for a new putter I honestly suggest you trying out one of these bad girls (Her name is Erin Lol)

• By Wdpperez
      Last August I picked up a new PXG Brandon putter in a black finish and overall I have felt just so-so when putting with it. I am a 1.8 handicap and came from a very old Scotty Cameron Newport 2 that I had liked and been happy with it for many years. I went to PXG for a softer feel off the putter face as well as just a change when I am looking over the putter.  After doing some tests with both the PXG and the Scotty Cameron here were my results... 
      Looks:
      In terms of looks both look relatively the same with the PXG have a slightly shorter hosel than that of the Scotty Cameron. I have enjoyed the PXG's screw design and it adds a nice touch as well as seems to be an interesting weight design that PXG is known for. However, the screws on the top could be a distraction if you are used to a normal style blade putter. However, PXG has removed the screws from the top in their new Brandon Gen 2. 
      Performance from the fringe:
      After testing both putters from 30 feet off the green I felt like the PXG performed better from the fringe and was much softer at impact whereas the Scotty felt a little bit firmer from this length. Overall both were not uncomfortable to put with. 
      Performance from 5 feet:
      This is where I started to have an interesting time with the PXG. While putting off the green and not feeling as much of an impact was nice inside 5 feet I had a hard time judging how much speed to give it as the PXG was very soft and almost felt like air when putting at these distances. Downhill puts were very hard as it felt like I wasn't even putting the ball and would blow it by the hole. 
      Price and Value 
      In terms of price I would say $499 for the PXG seems a bit excessive. While I fully understand they are luxury golf company, spending $499 just seems to be a bit much for one club in the bag. However, if you like a softer feel I would completely recommend the PXG. 
      Score (1-10):
      PXG= 7.5
      Scotty Cameron= 8.5

https://www.pxg.com/en-us/clubs/putters/brandon

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!