JBones

OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - EVNROLL PUTTERS

Well my Gravity Grip experiment is over. Loved the feel it gave through the stroke, but the shape of the grip did not work for my hand size and how I like to place my hands on the grip. 

I just installed a Super Stroke Traxion Tour 2.0 with a 50g counterweight and it's a much more natural feeling for me. 

• Like 3

The ER2 is back in the bag.  Kicked out the Spider X and Scotty Phantom.  Distance control with the ER2 is just too good for me to not have it in the bag.  

• Like 4

Never thought it would happen but I replaced my once beloved ER2. I think it was just having more confidence in a mallet so I bought another brand mallet (just didn't want to pony up $419 for an ER5B w GG), but time will tell. Who knows maybe I'll go back to the ER2, or buy an Evnroll mallet.

And the 3 hybrid is going in the closet as soon as I can order a MP20 HMB 3-iron. I just don't like any hybrids, nothing wrong with the CLK.

Edited by Middler
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

The ER2 is back in the bag.  Kicked out the Spider X and Scotty Phantom.  Distance control with the ER2 is just too good for me to not have it in the bag.  

I was wondering if/when the ER2 would make it's way back in the bag.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2019 at 6:33 PM, jlukes said:

Well my Gravity Grip experiment is over. Loved the feel it gave through the stroke, but the shape of the grip did not work for my hand size and how I like to place my hands on the grip. 

I just installed a Super Stroke Traxion Tour 2.0 with a 50g counterweight and it's a much more natural feeling for me. 

I’m struggling with the same thing on my er5 right now.. I just would hate to destroy the grip if I don’t like the next one better. 

• Like 1

I’m struggling with the same thing on my er5 right now.. I just would hate to destroy the grip if I don’t like the next one better. 

Try and get some grip solvent under the grip. It will loosen the grip and you should be able to pull it off without damage. You could also get a grip removal tool.
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Try and get some grip solvent under the grip. It will loosen the grip and you should be able to pull it off without damage. You could also get a grip removal tool.

@cnosil  is right on the money with the grip removal tool. I bought one from golfworks for basically the cost of one putter grip. Super easy to use and pays for itself with the first use. 

• Like 3

I realize that this thread has been dead, in regards to the original test, for some time and that all of us "know" about EVNRoll and its prowess as a topline putter.  But the general public and the even somewhat informed public remains clueless.

I played with an old friend yesterday, one whom I haven't played with in a couple of years although we keep in touch via social media.  He lives in Pennsylvania and used to come to Florida frequently while his mother was living.  Now its not so much.  We met via the old PGA Partners club for anyone who might recall that fiasco.  Actually I ended up at MGS because I met RookieBlue there and he suggested that I try MGS out.

At any rate my friend, who had formerly logged several seasons as an LPGA caddie a while back, knew nothing about EVNRoll until yesterday.  He enjoyed watching mine get the right speed and roll in 4 footer after four footer.  He knows who Guerin Rife is and was surprised to learn that he was back making putters under this new name.

Just shows you the importance of advertising and also of being a part of a community like this one where we get up to date info on equipment and data to help us with starting points when looking to purchase or trade and switch out.

I can tell you that unless someone is coming up with a putter like Rodney's from Caddie shack this putter is never leaving my bag.  It still feels like it was made just for me.

• Like 6

I'm going to be getting a custom putter for Father's day/my birthday with my son JJ and baby boy #2 (coming in June) names stamped on it 

I've been trying every putter I can at a store and just nothing feels as good as my ER2. 

Pretty sure I'm going to end up getting a used ER2 and sending it off for a refinish/stamping and paintfill. 

Thanks Mr. Rife. You've basically ruined all other putters for me haha 

• Like 3

Just now, jlukes said:

I'm going to be getting a custom putter for Father's day/my birthday with my son JJ and baby boy #2 (coming in June) names stamped on it 

I've been trying every putter I can at a store and just nothing feels as good as my ER2. 

Pretty sure I'm going to end up getting a used ER2 and sending it off for a refinish/stamping and paintfill. 

Thanks Mr. Rife. You've basically ruined all other putters for me haha 

What about a 2.2?

I kind of like the full offset of the plumber's neck, and I know you have a Scotty at home, so it could be the best of both worlds? I was rolling one at the shop the other day while regripping my ER2 (yea, I'm going back too) and it was kinnnndaaa niccceeeee. Then I was daydreaming about putting the new Stability Tour shaft in it after reading the MGS blog the other day.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, yungkory said:

What about a 2.2?

I kind of like the full offset of the plumber's neck, and I know you have a Scotty at home, so it could be the best of both worlds? I was rolling one at the shop the other day while regripping my ER2 (yea, I'm going back too) and it was kinnnndaaa niccceeeee. Then I was daydreaming about putting the new Stability Tour shaft in it after reading the MGS blog the other day.

I've thought about the 2.2. Evnroll said they have some new stuff being announced around the Pga show so going to wait to see what that is. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I've thought about the 2.2. Evnroll said they have some new stuff being announced around the Pga show so going to wait to see what that is. 

The funny thing is, he (Guerin) doesn't even need new product next year. He could literally just release all of his current putters in black and I'm sure that could float him for another year while he develops something else.

If a black 2.2 comes out, I don't know how I could resist.

• Like 3